00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 3 best games you've played

5,594 Views | 80 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-10 06:24:05

At 6/9/13 09:53 PM, NewShape wrote: Spyro 2

Great series!

Gamers Unite!

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-10 13:22:10

1. Ristar
2. Terranigma
3. Super Mario World

Hello.

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-11 17:15:44

At 6/10/13 12:30 AM, Famiry wrote: Einhander (PSX)
Rhythm Heaven (DS)
Journey (PS3)

Einhander was great.

Check this out.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-12 20:13:37

At 5/30/13 09:52 AM, ZeroWinger wrote: Since i made a forum about your top 3 worst games you've played, i also made this one.
Same as the other topic, name your top 3 and tell me why you liked it!

Top three... Well, I'll start with my absolute favorite right now.

-Crisis core
I won't lie, I cry like a little girl every time I play through this game. I'm bloody good at it too. Not much else to say that isn't obvious; the story is bloody amazing, the characters are heartbreakingly amazing, and that ending is just... Amazing.

-elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
I can't even begin to tell you how many hours I've putt into this game. And when I finally got the DLC for the crazy guy's universe (Brainfarting on his name), oh my GOD that was amazingly gorgeous. I loved it so much. I can literally just play this game over and over again, and I admit that I definitely liked it more than I liked Skyrim. I even did like 20-30 videos of it on my youtube channel.

-Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town
I know, I know, most people don't look at this series like it's a game, but I honest to God just love the Harvest Moon series. This one in particular was my very first HM game, so it's special to me. ^_^

My list changes very often, but I also love Binding of Isaac, Minecraft- I love tons of different games. My favorite games list changes more often than I eat, and that's a LOT. I guess the above list is what I love right now.

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-13 02:56:42

Sleeping Dogs
Red Dead Redemption
Bully

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-13 20:32:40

3 dark souls 2 skyrim 1 timespliter future perfect

What type of ships does people of Northern part of North America *cough*Canada*cough* fly? The Eh?-Wing!

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-14 09:47:48

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2/PS3/X360)(Konami/Kojima Productions)- This game has excellent story and the mechanic gameplay is great.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)(Konami/Kojima Productions)- This acclaimed game is tremendous. Just like the previous series, MGS 4 story was great work. Especially, the gameplay and the stealth is actually excellent job.

The Last of Us (PS3)(Naughty Dog/ Sony Computer Entertainment)- Set in the post-apocalyptic city, An new survival horror.
All of the reviews are critical acclaim. The gameplay is good, but the story was excellent work.

Eryn Channel

Anime-NoireChan on IGN

PSN ID: Anime-NoireChan | Even though, getting popular, Esshh. No worries now.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-14 13:50:59

What's your top 3?

I have a weird taste in games.

>Elite beat agents (DS)

>The Last Express (PC)

>No More Heroes 2 (Wii)

I'm Del Rio

I like to draw comics and stuff

My Art Thread

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-14 13:53:14

What's your top 3?

I have a weird taste in games.

>Elite Beat Agents (DS)

>The Last Express (PC)

>um... some third game... probably for Wii or GBA....

I'm Del Rio

I like to draw comics and stuff

My Art Thread

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-14 14:41:44

Only 3? That's a tough one...

3. Monkey Island 1
2. Fallout 2
1. Demon's Souls

But I just ordered Last of Us, so I guess I will have a new Top 1 soon...

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-14 17:17:28

I'd name a shit ton more but I though I'd name a distinct few.

1: Beyond Good and Evil
2: Xenosaga
3: Shadow Of the Colossus

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-14 22:38:54

no order

Final Fantasy VII

I don't think this needs to be explained why and how. It is simply the perfect rpg with a beautiful storyline and rich characters and great side quests. I just, ugh I love this game so much.

Suikioden I & II

I like to put both these games together, though technically I suppose the sequel is better in relation to storyline, graphics, action, but really both games should always be played together. If FFVII is the perfect rpg, then Suikoden I & II are the underappreciated brothers who live in the shadows, yet have just as much to offer, sometimes more than FF can.

Uncharted 2

Play it. Just play it. The beginning. Tell me the beggining is not the greatest start to a game ever, I dare you. Nathan Drake I love you. I so look forward to seeing you again on the PS4.

mgs im sorry bby you got my heart still 2 though

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-28 21:25:55

These are my most favorite video games:

Doom
Super Mario 64
Star Trek (The mainframe computer game)

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-28 23:13:38

1. Advanced Wars: Dual Strike
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. FTL

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-28 23:57:18

Earthbound
Ocarina of Time
Super Metroid

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-29 00:06:12

1.Starcraft
2.DOOM
3.Donkey kong country 2

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-29 06:03:28

Morrowind

The whole Elder Scrolls series is fantastic but this one was the first that I played and the athmosphere of it is unmatched to this very day. I prefer the fantasy art style over the more realistic approach in Oblivion and Skyrim although I played Oblivion much more though - mainly due to there being more mods and that it runs more stable than Morrowind with mods for me. Judging the core game alone, Morrowind is better in my opinion than its 2 sequels.

Bioshock

I don't like playing Ego-Shooters and foolishly I passed on on this game for some time. One day I decided to play the demo and never did I experience a game like this - the next day I bought the full game. I consider Bioshock as living proof that games can be art - and it made me learn that you shouldn't judge a game before playing and not by its genre - Bioshock is so much more than just a game. It's an experience. I heard that System Shock 1+2 are similar or even considered better but I haven't played them but will do so in the future.

GTA: San Andreas

I played the first two GTA's on the Playstation and despite liking them, got never in touch with GTA 3 and other sequels. I saw GTA: San Andreas at a store and remembered the first 2 titles and thought that giving it a try wouldn't be a bad idea. Since then I also played the other GTA titles but this remains my favourite. It is difficult to compare the titles though since every title has something unique about them that makes them stand out. The only one that I was disappointed with was GTA IV, because it was badly optimised for PC and had tons of DRM that made it a mess to get it even running; which makes GTA: SA my favourite title of the series - the side quests, screwing around with the cheats, mini games like billiard or simply driving around in the huge 3 cities is still tons of fun.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-29 13:25:21

I'm going to have to pick the best three games I've played recently because I'm going to find it a little difficult to choose my favourite three of all time.

Telltale Game's The Walking Dead season one really impressed me: it felt very much like a throwback to the point and click games of LucasArts which I played a lot of when I was younger. I also loved the aspect of every choice you make, from the dialogue to your actions, will affect how the characters react to you later in the game. I felt so immersed with the narrative too - each character is crafted wonderfully and it was heartbreaking with the game's finale...

I've been playing a lot of Dark Souls recently too - I admire the detail to the design of each location on this game so much. It's like I've been faced with a gargantuan labyrinth and I feel inclined to search every nook and cranny of it. There's so many hidden areas to this game that it's unbelievable that they can be missed so easily. The boss battles too - holy shit, the fucking boss battles. I love coming across these things, despite not being able to defeat them on my first few tries - they're grotesque and unique with some of them having references and lore made up about them that's absolutely soul crushing. It's a depressing game if you read into it.

Final Fantasy VI has not left my PS2 disc tray for a while either and I hope you can appreciate why. This game is ridiculously addictive - I've got a soft spot for turn-based battle sequences in RPGs. I love the ambition to this game - beautiful soundtrack; a great narrative and a large overworld for exploration. This really is going to be killing a lot more hours for me.

| Facebook | last.fm | Steam |

it's just diana ross slowed down 11/10 it's fuckin awful

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-29 23:28:36

CS 1.6
GTA 4
Battlefield 3

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-30 16:12:20

It's very difficult question, but I think that my 3 most favourite games are:
1. Metal Gear Solid 3
2. Gran Turismo 5
3. GTA San Andreas

from friendzone with love

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-30 17:54:43

Ooo, that's a tough one since I've played so many .

1. Persona 4 : The Golden

I loved this game to death . As I said in my journal it's a pretty awesome game . You have so much to do in so little time even though they give you basically a year (In the game) . The game play for myself to just beat the game and get the true ending was about 67 hours or so . I love all the characters personality and the battle style and story line . It even has an anime to . It's really different to most RPGs which was pretty cool .

2. Final Fantasy 7

We all know why, so I don't need to explain myself .

3. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

My best childhood game that I played on the Gamecube . This game was a little bit tough but that was ok . It was pretty funny at times . The ending was so sad .

BBS Signature