00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Skirbs939 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 3 best games you've played

5,624 Views | 80 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Top 3 best games you've played 2013-05-30 09:52:17

Since i made a forum about your top 3 worst games you've played, i also made this one.
Same as the other topic, name your top 3 and tell me why you liked it!
And here's my Top 3 best games i've played (so far)

Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 3 (PS2) - The BEST dbz game you can have! Awesome story and lots of characters!
Metal Gear Solid (PS1/GC) - One of my favorite espionage games, very impressed with the storyline and remake on gamecube.
Tomb Raider (Xbox360/PS3) - Awesome storyline, avarage puzzles and lots of action, to my opinion the best Tomb Raider so far.

What's your top 3?

Gamers Unite!

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-05-30 10:22:31

Telltale's The Walking Dead
Fallout 3
Metal Gear Solid 3

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-05-30 15:39:24

- Mischief Makers: (N64)
My all-time favourite. A very fast-paced platformer with some brawl scenes and a very cute look. The story is, meh, but it has pretty good variety of gameplay elements (olympic games, racing, arenas, riddles, mazes), every stage has its own setting and plot and the bosses are just awesome, but also tough. And the hidden gems were hard to find or to get, what featured another challenge after beating the game to see the real ending.

- Snowboard Kids: (N64)
It's like Mario Kart with Snowboards. Just cute and it has one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard. It lacks some tracks (only 9 exist) but they take a long time to finish, because they are full of obstacles, very long and the AI knows how to play, especially shinobi, the final boss.

- Zelda: Ocarina of Time: (N64)
I don't think this need any explanation. They invented the log on feature influencing many other games and coined the phrase of 3D Adventures. Long game, partially open world with many secrets, epic bossfights and dungeons. Whether this or MM, it is just a matter of taste. I prefer Oot.

It looks like I prefer console games, but that is not the case. It is just a coincidence that these games were released on console. Most of the time, I play PC games, but that is maybe the reason, why I can remember console games slightly better.

<3

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-05-30 16:02:12

3.Sonic Heroes
2.Final Fantasy X-2
1. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando

Pure Grace.

The Ledge

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-05-30 17:37:08

If i had to decide on older gens like SNES
it would probably be

Super Mario World (duh)
The Legend of Zelda - Link to the past
Super Street Fighter II

Those were awesome games

Gamers Unite!

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-05-30 18:39:20

I could never pick just three. My favorites are listed on my page.

At 5/30/13 03:39 PM, Syrreal wrote: - Mischief Makers: (N64)

fuck yeah. That's one of my favorite games.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-05-30 20:31:15

At 5/30/13 05:11 PM, Satan wrote: - Rayman (PS1)

Such a great game.

My top three would have to be divided into two separate Top 3 lists, one for PC and one for PS2, but combined, I suppose it would be...

1. Morrowind (PC)
2. Escape Velocity Nova (PC)
3. Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando (PS2)

The insane amount of time I've spent playing each of these games is time I wouldn't want to have spent any other way, and I still play all of them quite often. Myst and Jak X: Combat Racing should be on the list too but there's not enough room T_T

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-05-31 12:53:55

Morrowind, Silent Hill 2, Skies of Arcadia

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-01 08:25:31

. Starcraft + Broodwar
. Mass Effect series
. Batman: Arkham City

Honorable mentions:
. Skyrim
. Metal Gear Solid 3
. Red Dead Redemption

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-01 08:33:49

At 5/30/13 09:52 AM, ZeroWinger wrote: Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 3 (PS2) - The BEST dbz game you can have! Awesome story and lots of characters!

Budokai 3 was infinitely better than any member of the Tenkaichi series. Tenkaichi was terrible! I URGE you to go away and play Budokai 3. URGE.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-01 09:28:35

3. Counter Strike Source
2. Super Mario World
1. Ocarina of Time

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-01 10:21:57

- Final Fantasy 12
love the mmorpg style + the story line is awesome.

-Zelda: oricana of time
well was young when i played ito n the n64 never got bored of it.

-Battlefield 3
multiplayer <3

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-01 11:19:07

Fallout 3:
It's terrific fun, with a wonderful storyline, atmosphere, and world. The enemies are fantastically diverse, the weapons are a blast to use, and everything just meshes well together. I must have poured 150+ hours into that game, minimum.

Assassin's Creed 1 or 2:
I simply can't choose between the two. I'm a massive AC fanboy, ever since before the first game came out, when I was researching the game before its release. The first has to be on here because it was the first in the series, the one that got me into the franchise. It definitely has its issues that make it a pain to play sometimes, but I still find a certain magic in it. AC2 is all that, with all the major improvements and additions they made.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas:
I don't think I have to explain this one.

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-01 11:43:39

Deus Ex is still my top fave

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-01 19:47:52

My favorite games are:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:
I just loved this game, managed to beat main story, almost all guild missions, and more than half of the daedric artifacts (I took a wrong turn in "A Daedra's Best Friend", got the axe instead of the boon).

Team Fortress 2:
Epic multiplayer with many people. They are always adding new updates to make the game better.

Grand Theft Auto IV:
Awesome storyline, beat it two times, and I managed to do most of the side-missions as well (Jacob's deliveries, Brucie's car pickups, etc.)

Honorable mentions:

GTA III
Red Dead Redemption
Half-Life 2

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-01 22:55:16

1. Splatterhouse 2010. I know I fanboy over this game alot, but I honestly think this game is overlooked and over bashed by critics. The HVGN review of this game is just about representation of how I felt about this game. Reviewers were very wrong about this game, it should atleast been an average 6.5 with their scores.
2. Mega Man X4. This has always been my favorite mega man game for some reason. I cant explain it but I always come back to this mega man game the most and always feel satisfied.
3. Dark Souls. This game did everything right with the modern-ish RPG. The sense of accomplishment, the "it's your fault if you die" difficulty, and the feeling you get when you finally beat this game just makes you wanna scream ", I BEAT DARK SOULS, HEAR ME ROAR!!!"

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-02 02:23:40

1. Zelda Twilight Princess - I would pick Ocarina of Time but I kinda loved Twilight more because of it's darkness in the story and the epic boss battles with insanely funny NPCs. Also Midna's way less annoying then Navi was .

2. Resident Evil 3 - When I first played Resident Evil I was incredibly scared and almost shit my pants since i was 7 I think at the time and ever since 2 I've been playing through all the horrors 0-6 . 3 was my favorite because 3 had more options then 2 ever did and plus the Tyrant chasing you everywhere was crazy .

3. Final Fantasy 7 - Ah yes, my second RPG game I've ever played. First was Paper Mario: TTYD. I loved how the plot was so geniously developed. Cloud, Red, Tifa, Yuffie, Cid, and of course Sephiroth were my favorite in that game. I also liked how long the game was from disc 1 through 3. I was pretty shocked what happened to Aeris to. So sad . but that bitch took all my summoning Materia I put on her when I first played .

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-02 12:08:41

I'd say that this is in no particular order, because I would have a hard time placing one of my favorite games over the other.

The Legend of Zelda, Majora's Mask, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and Donkey Kong Country 2. It's really a tough choice, though, because the first 3 Mario Party games were also retardedly fun to play with friends, back in the day.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-02 12:20:35

My number 3 through to 7 revolve a lot so I'll go through my top 2 and my current third.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
One of the first games that really got me invested in the world and story. I don't need to give much of a synopsis for this because if you don't know this then you shouldn't be playing adventure games.

2. Fallout 3
Another game to get me truly invested in the world and story, I'm sensing a pattern will occur. The world itself was large and immersive, it could go from being inviting to foreboding in moments, it balanced humour and seriousness perfectly. I would say that this is the game I've invested the most playtime in, probably over 300 hours.

3. Tombi!
A game I first played when I was quite young, I believe I rented it and played it at my aunt and uncle's house on my uncle's PS1. I never personally bought it until about a year ago and despite it costing me around £50 I don't regret it one bit. It's a great platformer with a fun world to explore and some nice innovations in gameplay that it should get a lot more credit for.

Honourable mentions: Final Fantasy VIII, Azure Dreams, Digimon World and Front Mission 3!

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-02 12:59:44

Nintendo is disqualified from being mentioned. That in mind:

Final Fantasy 6
Rayman Origins
Skullgirls

Runner-ups:
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Disgaea

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-02 14:25:48

Persona 4 Golden
Super Street Fighter IV
Super Mario Galaxy 2

Then again it is hard to just pick three

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-02 15:15:01

Shadow of the Colossus - Overall a very stunning game. It was really different than most games during its time and felt really cinematic, and was one of the few cinematic games I wasn't disappointed with. It also had a great storyline and connected to Ico very well. Today it still remains one of my favorite games to play.

Grand Theft Auto IV - Probably not going to get a lot of support on this one, but I really really liked this game. I should mention that I'm including the two episodes with this game because with them it's a very, very entertaining game that had tons to do. I very much liked the changes it brought to the series. Gunfights were much more entertaining than in previous games. The atmosphere of the game also felt really good.

Morrowind - My favorite RPG of all time. There was so much to do in it, and you could spend forever doing it and the game would still be fun. Honestly one of the main reasons I love it so much is because it the combat and NPC interactions feel like dice rolls and I love playing tabletop games.

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-02 18:53:49

for me the top 3 games are

1 - anything about pokemon :3

2 - ROBLOX ( the most i like xD )

3 - Fifa 2013 xD

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-02 22:22:53

1.Fallout: New Vegas, because it's a very large open world r.p.g. with great scenery.
2.Little Big Planet2, because it's very creative. 3.Final Fantasy: Crisis Core, because the story and clip scene graphics are amazing.

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-03 02:04:46

1. Red Dead Redemption - Overall the best game I've played
2. Fable - The first RPG game I played, and the first game I ever really looked forward to. (Never saw the false promises or else it probably would'be been a massive disappointment and I probably would have hated it)
3. Oblivion - Probably would have liked Morrowind more if I had played it first, but I couldn't really get into it. Oblivion is my favorite TES game and probably will be forever.

4 and 5 would be Deus Ex and Deus Ex HR.

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-03 04:42:59

#1. Assassin's Creed 3.
#2. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.
#3. Batman: Arkham City.

"The future of our land depends on those who are truly free." - Ratonhnhaké:ton

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-03 07:59:27

Ah some good mentions here. These are some the golden oldies to me.
- Perfect Dark ( N64 )
- Jagged Alliance 2 ( 1999 PC )
- Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis ( 2003 PC )
It was either Jagged Alliance or fallout, but I would love to see a fallout jagged alliance hybrid someday.

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-03 08:44:01

You're essentially asking us what our three favorite games are, so don't beat around the bush.

Over the years I've played many games and I've enjoyed some more than others, but still I find it very difficult to place my favorites in a conclusive and arbitrary list. I enjoy them all to different degrees and enjoy them for distinct and varying reasons. For the sake of contributing though I'll pick three I feel like talking about and explain why I enjoy them.

Ico
An experience masquerading as a game, because no other media format could give the player the same experience. Minimalistic in all aspects of it's design and brilliantly crafted. The game's story is as simplistic or rich in lore as you want it to be, leaving many key aspects vague for the player to fill in with their imagination. You play as a boy, with no super powers, cast out of his village for being burdened with a curse. His horns are seen as an omen, a plague for the village so he is cast out and taken to an ancient castle where he is to be sacrificed to the queen like many before him. He finds what appears to be a girl, but is so much more. With the mentality of that rivaling a small child she has been caged her entire life, kept from the outside world. She knows absolutely nothing, yet shines with a radiant light much like an angel.

At first Ico is merely looking for a means to escape and seeing as the castle is infested with stone statues that only move when this girl comes in contact with them, he needs her. The core gameplay is puzzle esque, but you don't play Ico for the gameplay, you play it for the atmosphere. The castle is brilliantly designed, it's architecture reflective of a master craftsman. With the birds chirping over and above, the sounds of water cascading down the distant rocks and the sun's warm embrace beating down on them they wander the ancient halls for freedom.

I won't spoil anymore of the game, I feel like you should just experience it yourself.

Super Metroid
My personal favorite in the series, what is there to say about this game that hasn't been said? Every pore of this game oozes with atmosphere as you play as the badass bounty hunter Samus Aran exploring planet Zebes. At first the planet seems lifeless and abandoned, but soon enough she realizes it is crawling with Space Pirates and her nemesis Mother Brain has been revived. Using the powers of the ancient Chozo you explore and put an end to Mother Brain, Ridley, Kraid and all the other creatures that seek to cause chaos in the universe.

The controls are tight and extremely responsive. The powerups gained constantly allow new areas to be explored often times intertwining inside each other opening up shortcuts. The music is haunting and alien like. The boss design was out of this world awesome, very intimidating. Secrets were exhilarating and rewarding to discover. Plus the devs thought far enough ahead to include techniques such as "shinesparking", "wall jumping" and "mockballing" which adds INSANE depth allowing you to access areas you normally wouldn't and shouldn't be able to yet. Speed runners consider this the BEST speedrunning game ever made and I have to agree with them. One last thing, the level design is unreal in how natural it all feels. There is so much I want to say about this game, but I don't have the time and you probably not the patience. Here is an article outline all the reasons I enjoy the game though if you care.

I've been playing video games for over 18 years and none have surpassed Super Metroid in the amount of care and attention to detail it was given. It is a work of art, plain and simple.

Dark Souls
This game absorbed my gaming life for over a year since it's release. I'm glad I've since satiated my addiction, but I don't regret spending over 2,000+ hrs on this gem. Let's get into this, shall we? It is an action rpg with a unique battle system. You freely control both hands and pending on your equipment, you can block,parry,light attack, heavy attack and so on. You are completely free to customize your armor and both hands with whatever weapon/shield/weapon setup you desire.

The reasons why I enjoy this game are quite difficult for me to explain. Let's start with the music score, absolutely gorgeous. The melodies contained within are either dream shatteringly magical or perfectly capture the energy and raw emotion of battle. The game's lore is one of the deepest I've ever been able to experience in gaming and best of all is completely optional and not forced. In an era where qte sequences and long, drawn out and overplayed cutscenes reign supreme this game completely defies all that and treats the player with respect and grants them the option of ignoring it all together. I don't possess enough character space to do this game's lore justice, but if you want to know why I'm so passionate about it check out this youtuber's videos detailing and outlining the game with pleasant commentary.

It doesn't end there, even the item and equipment placing ties into the game's lore. Just as drowning as the game's story is, so are the game's battle mechanics. I won't even try to explain to anyone that hasn't played but this game is just amazingly refreshing. Shields have block % and stability which is indicative of how much stamina damage you take, different weapons may have normal/magic/fire/lightning damage which is calculated according to the enemies def properties and so on. So much thought and detail has been placed into this game.

I haven't even talked about how the game plays almost like a Metroidvania in how you constantly open up new shortcuts and explore new areas. (which on your first run through the game is quite tense, always worried about what is beyond the corner) Areas are varied and vibrant. Giant castle filled with sentinel guards? check. Pitch black cavernous tomb filled with animated skeletons? check. Ethereal crystal filled cave with invisible bridges and moonlight butterflies? check. The list goes on, even without 1080p this game is beautiful in design.

I could go on, but I'm really hungry and feel like stopping. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-03 11:30:57

system shock 2 - unmatched atmosphere
super metroid - best level design
gta iv - brilliant story

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-03 14:07:08

So hard to pick just 3.
LoZ: Link to the Past
Skyrim
Final Fantasy X