00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UmanaJose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop

8,026 Views | 109 Replies

Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 17:20:38

Something must be done about this. DJ Ses is killing all of our scores with zeroes and boosting his. He's cheating the site and its users, and people are leaving because of it.

LOOK AT THIS SHIT AND TELL ME IT DOESN'T CALL FOR A PERMABAN.

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 17:28:59

yeah this shit is pretty ridiculous and obvious, I can't believe nothing's been done about it.

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 17:32:36

At 1/21/13 05:28 PM, Butsaay wrote: yeah this shit is pretty ridiculous and obvious, I can't believe nothing's been done about it.

This shit is been going on for a while (that guy is not the only one), and it still hasn't been dealt with.

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 17:36:28

At 1/21/13 05:32 PM, DJDela wrote: This shit is been going on for a while (that guy is not the only one), and it still hasn't been dealt with.

I obviously wanted to write "HAS been going on"

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 17:38:05

At 1/21/13 05:20 PM, Teqneek wrote: Something must be done about this. DJ Ses is killing all of our scores with zeroes and boosting his. He's cheating the site and its users, and people are leaving because of it.

Gotta say, something really has to be done. It's been well known for ages, just look at what happened to any audio that dissed him (ie Kill Bill's ill ass diss that I have 5d for a week in a row).

Someone needs to target the ex-snitch in RMP and get some hard evidence on this.

Audio mods, this guy is the reason Hiphop Modern is dead. Everyone avoids posting in that portal because Ses zerobombs anything's that's not his. You will have our eternal gratitude if something's done to stop this blatant disregard for our community.

BBS Signature

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 17:38:51

At 1/21/13 05:32 PM, DJDela wrote: This shit is been going on for a while (that guy is not the only one), and it still hasn't been dealt with.

Even so, none of the other genres portals are quite that bad from what I've seen!

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 17:51:13

What can we do though?

BBS Signature

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 17:54:11

Wow, hadn't even realized he was taking the whole first page up. This has definitely gotten ridiculous

~Mike~

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 17:55:01

Here's the shit I was looking for.

Dude posted on the HDC facebook page as well, says he left RMP because Ses'd get round the NG voting system and only looked so high in the charts cuase he'd 5/0 bomb.

Also apparently his twitter fans are bots. As are mine and Vash's though, so that's neither here nor there.

BBS Signature

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 18:35:28

At 1/21/13 05:55 PM, AxTekk wrote: Here's the shit I was looking for.

Dude posted on the HDC facebook page as well, says he left RMP because Ses'd get round the NG voting system and only looked so high in the charts cuase he'd 5/0 bomb.

Also apparently his twitter fans are bots. As are mine and Vash's though, so that's neither here nor there.

Have you guys been PM'ing mods?? Try Back-From-Purgatory, pretty sure the audio mods can get something done about this. this is proper serious, he definitely deserves a ban

dj ses - like as in cespool?

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 18:44:27

At 1/21/13 06:35 PM, Zero123Music wrote:
Have you guys been PM'ing mods?? Try Back-From-Purgatory, pretty sure the audio mods can get something done about this. this is proper serious, he definitely deserves a ban

I had a back and forth with a few mods. BFP said he knew who was doing it, and that it wasn't Ses. Well it clearly is, and even if it somehow isn't, he is in on it and I think those accounts need to be deleted. So basically- the mods are aware and nothing has been done about it. Not trying to rag on the mods, just stating the facts here.

But yo- this dude's killing the whole scene here and something needs to be done about it now.

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 19:06:04

At 1/21/13 05:20 PM, Teqneek wrote: Something must be done about this. DJ Ses is killing all of our scores with zeroes and boosting his. He's cheating the site and its users, and people are leaving because of it.

If Tom Fulp is doesn't care about the Hip-Hop community, how about we pack our fucking bags and go promote, support, and contribute a website that does? We like this website, but enough is a fucking nuff.

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 19:23:40

At 1/21/13 07:06 PM, DocterCerebro wrote:

If Tom Fulp is doesn't care about the Hip-Hop community, how about we pack our fucking bags and go promote, support, and contribute a website that does? We like this website, but enough is a fucking nuff.

Fuck NG! That's why Mark's gonna do round 1 battles through youtube. We don't gotta put up with this faggotry.

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 19:36:44

This site is pathetic lol

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 20:20:42

At 1/21/13 07:36 PM, jpbear wrote: This site is pathetic lol

You shouldn't base your opinion on the actions of one dude, but when it affects the site like this, someone's gotta take control. This has been going on for a long time and nobody's remedied this. We have a legitimate gripe.

Also, if your comment was referring to what Dr. Cerebro said- Some people express their anger in different ways (others troll to piss people off; this is the internet and there is no escape from that). We just gotta deal with it and move along.

Newgrounds is not pathetic dude, it just needs some spring cleaning.

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 21:00:13

At 1/21/13 06:44 PM, Teqneek wrote: I had a back and forth with a few mods. BFP said he knew who was doing it, and that it wasn't Ses. Well it clearly is, and even if it somehow isn't, he is in on it and I think those accounts need to be deleted.

Wait, if BFP knows who's doing it, why is it still happening? o.O

BBS Signature

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 21:09:03

Sounds like a few people here forgot the point of the audio portal. It's certainly not a place for Hip Hop artists to try and start a movement. If that was your misunderstanding you might as well start fucking backing and get the fuck out.

BBS Signature

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 21:21:19

At 1/21/13 08:20 PM, Teqneek wrote:
You shouldn't base your opinion on the actions of one dude, but when it affects the site like this, someone's gotta take control. This has been going on for a long time and nobody's remedied this. We have a legitimate gripe.

I think he means incessant bitching about scores and voting. Especially from hip hop circle, it's seriously all I've ever seen you guys post about.

You all seem to know that this guy is toy as fuck and apparently all his fans are bots - nobody likes him and nobody's actually listening to the music he makes. The problem has already solved itself but you all wanna be big fish in a small pond. So, learn to stop giving a fuck about NG audio genre charts and you'll probably find the site a lot less ruined. Too fucking easy!

p.s. i am gay

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 21:26:07

At 1/21/13 09:21 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 1/21/13 08:20 PM, Teqneek wrote:
I think he means incessant bitching about scores and voting. Especially from hip hop circle, it's seriously all I've ever seen you guys post about.

You all seem to know that this guy is toy as fuck and apparently all his fans are bots - nobody likes him and nobody's actually listening to the music he makes. The problem has already solved itself but you all wanna be big fish in a small pond. So, learn to stop giving a fuck about NG audio genre charts and you'll probably find the site a lot less ruined. Too fucking easy!

Wow are you guys really that dense? Have you read anything we said? When your stuff gets zeroed by a fucking robot every day, it makes it nearly impossible for new listeners to see your stuff. This is wrong on a lot more levels than just that, but I don't feel the need to repeat myself.

This is inexcusable, and once this guy is no longer allowed to post here the bitching will stop. Pretty simple, huh?

Stop getting so defensive and do something about it. PLEASE.

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 21:42:53

At 1/21/13 09:26 PM, Teqneek wrote: Wow are you guys really that dense? Have you read anything we said? When your stuff gets zeroed by a fucking robot every day, it makes it nearly impossible for new listeners to see your stuff.

So you've been relying solely on your place on an obscure chart to gain new listeners, huh? I think you need to look into some other means of promotion (perhaps even outside newgrounds, god forbid!)

This is inexcusable, and once this guy is no longer allowed to post here the bitching will stop. Pretty simple, huh?

LOL.
Look bud, this isn't the first time someone's done this to any genre let alone hip hop. The bitching never stops.
Yeah it's pretty bitchmade to rig the voting system but making threads just to bitch about it doesn't do shit. We already know that this is a problem, and honestly I think it always will be unless scores and charts are removed entirely.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 21:43:29

At 1/21/13 09:26 PM, Teqneek wrote: Wow are you guys really that dense?

No, You are. You've only been around for just under a year, and apparently you still don't know how this place works.

BBS Signature

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 21:56:48

At 1/21/13 09:43 PM, Cross666 wrote:
At 1/21/13 09:26 PM, Teqneek wrote: Wow are you guys really that dense?
No, You are. You've only been around for just under a year, and apparently you still don't know how this place works.

You're a dick head. I'm trying to be civil and it feels like I'm being ganged up on. Quit antagonizing; if you're here to help then help. Otherwise go fuck off somewhere.

There are a ton of people who have been around here much longer than I, and they all agree that something needs to be done. Again- nobody would be bitching if this had been fixed months ago like we politely asked.

It's FUCKING MIND-BOGGLING that the staff has watched and done nothing about it.

Also... Stop talking shit to me. You know we're right about this, and the lack of action shows bad moderation, not bad users.

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 21:56:50

It sucks that the Hip Hop community on NG is so fractured.

Without evidence, I think it is improper to blame one person for the 0 bombing drama. If only there was a way to gather concrete evidence to draw a conclusion.

either way, DJ Ses is a turd.

BBS Signature

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 22:07:47

Pretty big assumption that the bots will stop if he is banned.

BBS Signature

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 22:12:59

At 1/21/13 10:07 PM, Bafana wrote: Pretty big assumption that the bots will stop if he is banned.

I don't know much about computers, but can't they ban his ip address or whatever? Isn't that where the bots come from?

But for real, if the mods don't give a fuck about this, and the staff doesn't give a fuck about this then whatever. A ton of cool people have been leaving because their songs are getting buried by this cheater, and I'm just trying to help the site. Fuck it though, right? Let's do nothing instead.

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 22:26:24

Lets all band together and move to a REAL forum that cares for REAL opinions and REAL hip hop. Ones that fix their VERY REAL security issues that allow bots in through bugs.

Rap-Royalty, Rapmusic, Rapisalive. Im sure they'll actually appreciate the time, effort & struggle we put in to get their site visitors and in turn, money.

Also... DJ Ses... Stick to DJying. You suck nuts at rapping.

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 22:53:22

At 1/21/13 09:21 PM, midimachine wrote:

Yea thats part of it,

the general system is just as bad though.

There's really no reason why someone, bot or human, who dishes out thirty zeroes in a day shouldnt be banned.

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 22:58:07

So that's why my beats haven't gotten as much cred as I'd like them to. Some asshole bot comes through and zeroes my beats. What the fuck bro? Someone do something....

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 22:59:25

At 1/21/13 10:26 PM, BraidzMC wrote:
Im sure they'll actually appreciate the time, effort & struggle we put in to get their site visitors and in turn, money.

Dude Braidz seriously, I really have been working hard to get new people here. Some of you guys from Mark's tournament are checking the site, too, so that's awesome. But I'm not leaving NG, because this website is perfect for me aside from a few things.

Also, I don't rely on people browsing through the modern hip hop section to get listens. I do enough self-promotion to keep my listens up, I do a lot of networking with other sites, plus I think my music speaks for itself.

I want the mods to know I'm bringing up this issue more for other Newgrounders than for myself. My scores don't affect my listens too much (or maybe they do- who knows?), but it surely affects new people here and those who aren't really in to the promotion grind. And new users won't stick around for long if everything they submit gets inexplicably zeroed to oblivion in a matter of days. They don't understand what's going on and it may also be a confidence-killer. Think about it guys.

I'm done with this issue. Hopefully it gets resolved. I'm gonna still be on NG regardless, but I do believe this matter should be resolved for fairly obvious reasons.

Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop 2013-01-21 23:13:33

I can't believe you guys are bringing up this shit again.

Liljim pretty much tried his best to clear this up last time and it's still not enough for you guys?

Everyone has said time and time again that there are other ways rather than the "charts" to get exposure.

Also, we already have a place for these type of complaints.