00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ItsJaron just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners!

18,500 Views | 22 Replies
Respond to this Topic

The winners for the Christmas Audio Contest have been announced! Here are the top four:

Thank you everyone who participated and also those who joined in the Gift Jam on Christmas Day!

The idea behind Gift Jam was to release games on Christmas day as a gift for anyone who might not have enough other presents to play with. Unfortunately I pitched it at the bottom of a post and not many people knew about it. On top of that, I couldn't even finish the game JohnnyUtah and I were working on in time to participate.

So THANK YOU AGAIN to those who DID release games on Christmas day!

Top Three Gift Jam Entries ($150, $100, $50)

A fun physics puzzler by Nutcasenightmare, developed using his new site, Craftyy! With Craftyy, anyone can build and remix HTML5 games right in their browser. Secret Santa shows off some of the amazing potential.

NoLanLabs came up with a classic arcade-style game where you get the presents in the boxes while keeping the bombs out. Charming!

This got some serious downvoting due to HTML5 browser compatibility issues. The premise of shooting endless waves of enemies has been done a lot but the production values are good and it was cool to see theinspiration and graffanima8r pick up Construct 2 and make their first ever game!

If YOU had dabbled with Construct2 last month maybe you'd be a published game developer and on the front page right now! Just sayin'. There's always 2013!

Two honorable mentions from the Gift Jam:

I need to publicize these things more I know. If Sosker had known he might have waited one more day and tagged his game with "giftjam2012", could have maybe won a prize!

Winners for the Winter Flash-Off will be announced in an upcoming post. There are a bunch of great movies to sort through.

Other news:

Some site bugs have been fixed, clear your cache if you still have issues with buttons not working.

We have playlists! Improvements are on the way, along with a global listing and more good stuff!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-27 17:25:51

grats to the christmas music winnars

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-27 17:30:06

When can we expect cathode raybots?

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-27 17:31:14

Good submissions this year! Keep it up and congratz!

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-27 17:38:26

Congrats to the wieners!

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-27 17:42:35

At 12/27/12 05:30 PM, Tiki-King wrote: When can we expect cathode raybots?

Planning to launch in January!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-27 17:50:48

Craftyy doesnt look so dumb as I expected it to be.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-27 18:13:54

At 12/27/12 05:50 PM, TheMajormel wrote: Craftyy doesnt look so dumb as I expected it to be.

I look pretty smug when I said that.

What I meant was that there was other stuff like craftyy , and Im thinking of stuf like Playcrafter(the whole site is now down, and gone. The link just brings you to a blogpost) and Sploder. But craftyy really dos have potential.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-27 18:25:56

At 12/27/12 05:42 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Is it true you postponed the game because my birthday was in January :3

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-27 18:37:50

Thanks, and congratulations to the winners! :)

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-27 21:23:19

I really wanted to do something for the gift jam, but I was bogged down with college applications and just general lack of inspiration - it's been biting at me a lot lately.

I wish I could give more.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-28 00:34:26

You guys should totally update the Series channel with new entries. Like not updates to existing series (since that's still happening) but as in actual new movie/game episodes, such as Toons These Days, Leo and Satan, Asdfmovie, Hellbenders, TOME, ZTV, Epic War, etc. Right now the channel feels kind of outdated. Actually it's been like that for awhile...

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-28 02:53:28

At 12/27/12 05:23 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Top Three Gift Jam Entries ($150, $100, $50)
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/608337
A fun physics puzzler by Nutcasenightmare, developed using his new site, Craftyy! With Craftyy, anyone can build and remix HTML5 games right in their browser. Secret Santa shows off some of the amazing potential.

AW YISS

Games, Toons, and Other Escapes From Reality.

NutcaseNightmare [dot] com

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-28 03:10:33

At 12/27/12 06:13 PM, TheMajormel wrote:
At 12/27/12 05:50 PM, TheMajormel wrote: Craftyy doesnt look so dumb as I expected it to be.
I look pretty smug when I said that.

What I meant was that there was other stuff like craftyy , and Im thinking of stuf like Playcrafter(the whole site is now down, and gone. The link just brings you to a blogpost) and Sploder. But craftyy really dos have potential.

Thanks for the link - I knew of PlayCrafter and its eventual fate, but what I didn't know, that the blogpost points out, is that all PlayCrafter games got destroyed.

I'm also acquaintances with the guy who made Mockingbird, the Game-making Game. It was also a service that went offline, taking all its games with it.

I really hope I can avoid whatever missteps PlayCrafter & Mockingbird took, but in case I can't, that blogpost is huge proof the next thing I need to get for Craftyy is exporting your game so it works even offline.

Thanks again!

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-28 04:05:42

At 12/27/12 05:42 PM, TomFulp wrote:

I can't wait!

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-28 14:49:46

At 12/27/12 05:23 PM, TomFulp wrote:

On top of that, I couldn't even finish the game JohnnyUtah and I were working on in time to participate.

So, Tom when is this game going to come out?

~ A Random Wombat ~

Stupidity killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

Click Me!

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-28 15:31:06

Congratulations everyone!
It would be nice, Tom, if you'd reply to my Personal messages. :)

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-28 17:25:35

At 12/28/12 03:10 AM, Nutcasenightmare wrote: I really hope I can avoid whatever missteps PlayCrafter & Mockingbird took, but in case I can't, that blogpost is huge proof the next thing I need to get for Craftyy is exporting your game so it works even offline.

Thanks again!

Its good and reassuring to know that you are taking browser game development to the next level. I got a chance to play around with it and it was fun.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-29 02:39:49

At 12/28/12 05:25 PM, TheMajormel wrote:
At 12/28/12 03:10 AM, Nutcasenightmare wrote: I really hope I can avoid whatever missteps PlayCrafter & Mockingbird took, but in case I can't, that blogpost is huge proof the next thing I need to get for Craftyy is exporting your game so it works even offline.

Thanks again!
Its good and reassuring to know that you are taking browser game development to the next level. I got a chance to play around with it and it was fun.

Thanks! I saw all the remixes you did and cool stuff you made, and that fills me with fuzzy feelings. Fuzzy.

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-29 15:21:06

I'll be sure to give that Holiday Survival game some loving.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-29 16:25:23

At 12/29/12 02:34 PM, Alisbet wrote: I wonder if Nutcasenightmare is going to do a sequel to Gap Monsters. Perhaps even using the this Craftyy tool no less.

I wonder too... Me too...

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-30 04:51:35

At 12/29/12 04:25 PM, Nutcasenightmare wrote:
At 12/29/12 02:34 PM, Alisbet wrote: I wonder if Nutcasenightmare is going to do a sequel to Gap Monsters. Perhaps even using the this Craftyy tool no less.
I wonder too... Me too...

Please do that! That would be great!

Response to Christmas Audio & Gift Jam Winners! 2012-12-30 16:07:05

Gratz to the winners! :D specially on the audio, game and all creators!

Hello guys! I am Phailbus! You should check out my YouTube channel! I am rocketlander3. I am a bro from PewDiePie, so if you are a bro, brofist!