00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

-Poxpower- = MOD

13,530 Views | 247 Replies

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-18 13:34:44

At 5/18/04 01:26 PM, Earfetish wrote: Anyway, well done Poxpower on locking that LF topic, too. That would've turned into a whole load of crap.

Yeah, don't ask me why, but I can imagine him being more of a locker than a banner... (but i'm not going to challenge you on that, pox XD)

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-18 14:14:02

At 5/18/04 01:10 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: I still say either -AcidBurn- or Rabid-Enchidna(I never remember how to spell that.) They would be great.

Yeah, -AcidBurn- would be great, he's one of the most helpful users i've seen. Not sure if Rabid-Echidna should be a mod, though.

fucking magnets man how do they work

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-18 14:37:21

At 5/18/04 01:34 PM, BananaBread_Muffin wrote: Yeah, don't ask me why, but I can imagine him being more of a locker than a banner... (but i'm not going to challenge you on that, pox XD)

I get that impression too for some reason. :) Wonder why? Just the way he is I guess.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-18 14:44:37

At 5/18/04 02:39 PM, IAmAlastor wrote: If the planets align and I become a mod, you can bet that I'll be more of a banner than a locker. That doesn't necessarily mean I'd ban a lot. I would ban as much of ther other mods. But most of my mod actions would be bans.

lol how can you possibly know how much the other mods ban? I think I've said I'd ban someone like 2 times so far, but I've nailed a LOT more people than that. I always thought I'd be more of a locker than a banner too, but it looks like its even now :/
Some people are just too stupid and deserving of a slap in the face.

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-18 14:52:40

At 5/18/04 02:49 PM, Chromius wrote:
At 5/18/04 02:44 PM, -poxpower- wrote: but I've nailed a LOT more people than that.
wow, i didnt realize mods got laid that much. must be one of the added benefits.

hahahaha

The worst member.

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-18 14:59:46

Oh, even forgot replying here. Congrats POX, good to see a good new face at the bottom.

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-18 15:15:35

At 5/18/04 02:49 PM, Chromius wrote:
At 5/18/04 02:44 PM, -poxpower- wrote: but I've nailed a LOT more people than that.
wow, i didnt realize mods got laid that much. must be one of the added benefits.

If that's what mods get, think about the stuff admins'll get!

fucking magnets man how do they work

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-18 15:17:54

At 5/15/04 03:47 AM, AgeOfArmageddon wrote: Make Dobio a mod allready! What are you guys waiting for!

Noooooo. As muuch as I love Dobio one minute and hate him the next I think that his ego is way too big. I could see him banning people uncontrollably. I think when one becomes a MOD, that they can't help being different, they just aren't the same anymore (in my opinion), and for Dobio, that would be a change for the worse. He would be hated on the BBS so much.

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-18 15:24:24

you the man DA

<3

The worst member.

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-18 15:32:04

At 5/18/04 03:17 PM, ____________________ wrote:
I think when one becomes a MOD, that they can't help being different, they just aren't the same anymore (in my opinion),

its no so much that the are different that they get to ACT different. Before I was a mod, whenever I saw a goddamn idiotic reply, I had to bite my tongue and just hope that person got what was coming to him, or when I saw a legendary frog thread get to 4 pages ( again...) all I could do was punch the walls.
But not I get to do something about it pronto. That might be why users get the impression that people who are mods change, because they see the repressed anger in them and all that.

I mean sure you'll think I've changed now that I can ban someone for saying "stfu" and nothing else, but you shouldn't because I haven't. All I'm doing now is what I've always thought should be done but couldn't do myself. Plus I didn't want to pester mods on AIM so they'd ban and lock at my command or something, that's just so annoying.

And of course now I get to mod the way I think it should be, i.e. I'll alway sign my ban messages ( from now on) and give an explanation to not-so-obvious locks, because that's the way I think it should be.

yeah.

And the harem thing is totally untrue. Wade keeps all the girls to himself : (

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-18 16:01:55

thank god they made poxpower a mod... look at the user list, 152 users online and -poxpower- is the only mod who is on... otherwise it would be total AnArchy...

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-18 16:03:26

At 5/18/04 04:01 PM, punk6sic6 wrote: thank god they made poxpower a mod... look at the user list, 152 users online and -poxpower- is the only mod who is on... otherwise it would be total AnArchy...

Poxpower seems to always be online. Which is, of course, a good thing. :) I know this because I am always on too. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-18 16:09:08

At 5/18/04 04:03 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Poxpower seems to always be online. Which is, of course, a good thing. :) I know this because I am always on too. ;)

hehe most of the time, I only leave the internet open while I'm doing something else.

Dobio, you'd make a fine mod.

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-18 16:14:09

At 5/18/04 03:32 PM, -poxpower- wrote: didn't want to pester mods on AIM so they'd ban and lock at my command or something, that's just so annoying.

PREACH ON BROTHA

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-18 16:22:31

At 5/18/04 04:09 PM, -poxpower- wrote:
At 5/18/04 04:03 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Poxpower seems to always be online. Which is, of course, a good thing. :) I know this because I am always on too. ;)
hehe most of the time, I only leave the internet open while I'm doing something else.

Well, I knew something was going on. Because your green alias is down at the bottom Everytime I check if anyone I know is online. :)

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-19 01:14:46

At 5/18/04 03:32 PM, -poxpower- wrote:
At 5/18/04 03:17 PM, ____________________ wrote: I think when one becomes a MOD, that they can't help being different, they just aren't the same anymore (in my opinion),
its no so much that the are different that they get to ACT different. Before I was a mod, whenever I saw a goddamn idiotic reply, I had to bite my tongue and just hope that person got what was coming to him, or when I saw a legendary frog thread get to 4 pages ( again...) all I could do was punch the walls.
But not I get to do something about it pronto. That might be why users get the impression that people who are mods change, because they see the repressed anger in them and all that.

Not necessarily just anger, but also frustration and impatience with stupid posts and threads and pic spamming and yadda yadda.

I mean sure you'll think I've changed now that I can ban someone for saying "stfu" and nothing else, but you shouldn't because I haven't. All I'm doing now is what I've always thought should be done but couldn't do myself. Plus I didn't want to pester mods on AIM so they'd ban and lock at my command or something, that's just so annoying.

Excellent point there and well phrased. That all mods do differently when they're modded is finally get to say the things they wanted to say in spam topics that they're about to lock and situations like that.

That's the difference, for one thing, between people who get modded and people who don't. The people who won't be getting modded are the ones who COULDN'T hold their tongue and always flame the idiot spammers and stat topic makers and 2 year old topic bumpers... those people have already said THEIR piece in reply to the trolls and the spammers and the flamers.

The mods are the ones who remained silent and didn't take the bait. Now, once they've been modded, THEN they can post a comment on the stupidity and then end silly situations like that with the banstick, the locking key, and the post eraser. #;-}>

And of course now I get to mod the way I think it should be, i.e. I'll alway sign my ban messages ( from now on) and give an explanation to not-so-obvious locks, because that's the way I think it should be.

I'm glad you're going to be another ban signer. It's not like it's required, and a lot of the old mods either don't do it or do it sporadically, but I get so tired of getting blamed for other people's bannination decisions. I'd rather be blamed for the ones I actually did, and I think it's fairly known that I always sign my bans and continue to do so.

If everyone else stopped, though, I think I'd stop. I wouldn't want to be the ONLY person attaching their name to bans, I'd start to get all the shit in the world dumped on me, despite those bans not being signed. ;_;

And the harem thing is totally untrue. Wade keeps all the girls to himself : (

heh! Good.... There, was it so hard to repeat that in public? I mean, jeez, man... we just wanted to make sure you didn't let out the secret on General... oh wait, we're not back in the mod lounge, are we. OH NOE!!!!

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-19 01:22:30

At 5/19/04 01:14 AM, gfoxcook wrote: The mods are the ones who remained silent and didn't take the bait. Now, once they've been modded, THEN they can post a comment on the stupidity and then end silly situations like that with the banstick, the locking key, and the post eraser.

Wow, right there, that is worthy of a sig pic. Excellently put my friend.

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-19 01:28:35

At 5/19/04 01:22 AM, -poxpower- wrote:
At 5/19/04 01:14 AM, gfoxcook wrote: The mods are the ones who remained silent and didn't take the bait. Now, once they've been modded, THEN they can post a comment on the stupidity and then end silly situations like that with the banstick, the locking key, and the post eraser.
Wow, right there, that is worthy of a sig pic. Excellently put my friend.

Why thank you, my good fellow. You've mastered the art of other-mod-ego-stroking quite nicely AND quickly. #;-}>

Seriously, though... it's pretty much the way it is. If you can't show the restraint to not reply to spam topics when you're a regular user, then you probably shouldn't be a mod. If you CAN show the restraint and the judgement to not post in those situations, then you'll probably be a good judge of what needs to be locked and what doesn't, what should be deleted, and who should be banned. Viola! A new mod is born. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-19 01:30:38

Pox is one of the few mods I think should be a mod. Next should be Hulk and Dobio.

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-19 01:31:27

At 5/19/04 01:28 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
Seriously, though... it's pretty much the way it is. If you can't show the restraint to not reply to spam topics when you're a regular user, then you probably shouldn't be a mod. If you CAN show the restraint and the judgement to not post in those situations, then you'll probably be a good judge of what needs to be locked and what doesn't, what should be deleted, and who should be banned. Viola! A new mod is born. #;-}>

Well actually I think that the fact that someone flames or doesn't flame a nOOb doesn't change their actual ability to be a mod ( provided they do it intelligently...), it just changes other people's perception of them and makes them more reluctant to give them power.
Perfect Example: Dobio

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-19 01:32:45

At 5/19/04 01:30 AM, AnarchyOfThePenguin wrote: Next should be Hulk

Oh man, if that could get him to come back and post more, HELL YEAH. And Tommy. Yeah how come everyone forgot Tommy? That guy shits gold.

btw are you really back? : (
I missed you : (

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-19 04:50:49

At 5/19/04 01:31 AM, -poxpower- wrote: Well actually I think that the fact that someone flames or doesn't flame a nOOb doesn't change their actual ability to be a mod ( provided they do it intelligently...), it just changes other people's perception of them and makes them more reluctant to give them power.

I didn't say someone who doesn't flame noobs. I said someone who doesn't post in spam topics to flame the spammer. #;-}>

Flaming has always been perfectly fine if done in the right places and not carried over from topic to topic.

Perfect Example: Dobio

Yeah, I read your post about that in the mod lounge. SEE MY REPLY, foo'!

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-19 11:24:40

At 5/18/04 04:05 PM, Dobio wrote: I don't really know what I've done in the recent time, to make it seem like I have a temper and a huge ego and cannot control myself, because that is definitely not the case.

Well the reason why said what I said is partly becuase more recently you think that you have the right to say who spams and who doesn't, it seems as though almost anyone in the same post range as you or ahead of you in posts is guilty as charged. You also had the nerve to actually order a user not to post in your topic. What normal user has the authority to tell another user not to post in his topic?!?! Theses are merely 2 examples of your huge ego on the BBS my friend. ;)

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-19 11:27:15

Congrats -poxpower-!
It´s cool that you are a mod now!

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-19 11:29:35

At 5/19/04 01:30 AM, AnarchyOfThePenguin wrote: Next should be
Hulk

yes

and Dobio.

-Poxpower- = MOD

The worst member.

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-19 11:39:14

At 5/19/04 11:37 AM, Chromius wrote: is hulk even still here?

think so, occasionally

The worst member.

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-19 11:40:25

At 5/18/04 01:26 PM, Earfetish wrote:
Another fine point. I at least usually had 2 whole sentences in my posts when I was a spammer.

Who said your spamming days are ver :P

Damn. I loved being a spammer. I don't know why I don't do it as much... I mean, the only users who actively told me off for it were Dobio and Slightly_Crazy_Dude.

Glad to be of service. Im happy that you seemed to have cleaned up your act mate. Proper Bo!

As another user said, sorry cant remember the user name. Maybe there should be more female moderators, i understand there isnt alot of females users on NG, but this is just a thought. There is however a few regular female users SOAS, Carmilla Nehthys Jossos just to name a few. Maybe one day, there will be more female moderators.

Burn the bra's :P

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-19 11:43:18

At 5/19/04 11:30 AM, IAmAlastor wrote:
At 5/18/04 04:09 PM, -poxpower- wrote: Dobio, you'd make a fine mod.
I'd toast to that!

Well apparently he was either supposed to be away from the BBS or he's trying to, correct me if I'm wrong Dobio. Or is that just your clever way of showing that you don't really care to be a MOD? Either way, it shouldn't really matter to him I guess. ;)

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-19 11:47:13

At 5/19/04 11:43 AM, IAMaTalentedHack wrote:
Well apparently he was either supposed to be away from the BBS or he's trying to, correct me if I'm wrong Dobio. Or is that just your clever way of showing that you don't really care to be a MOD? Either way, it shouldn't really matter to him I guess. ;)

Well the guy is working 5 days a week so i would say thats a pretty good reason to be off the BBS.

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-19 12:18:35

At 5/18/04 12:50 PM, Earfetish wrote: I just imagine him to be really lenient some of the time, and the rest of the time bannning everyone. Actually, Bumcheek, Mopsicle, myself, and all the other bestest users get banned all the time.

Having a high post-count doesn't make you mod material....

I didn't say bc he had a high post count... check my post on pg 8