00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

-Poxpower- = MOD

13,531 Views | 247 Replies

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 02:40:14

At 5/15/04 12:07 AM, -poxpower- wrote: Yo, dudes and dudettes.

I haven't posted in here because I was banned ( by StarCleaver) for a week because I wanted to have time to draw my online comic that I do with Rog of I-Mockery.com. Well I guess its pretty hilarious, because I got moded while being banned for the longest possible amount of time, and I couldn't unban myself since only admins can ban/unban mods.

Dude... don't you have any self-control? I stop coming here for a week just because I'm lazy and don't want to spend a lot of time posting. If I was working on an online comic with a partner, I don't think I'd have any problem at all staying away from the BBS. O_o

What the hell are you going to do during your firefighting job, anyway? You're gonna get the shakes and start muttering "NG BBS... must post..." in your sleep or something. #;-}>

haha so I aksed Wade by email. Dunno if he's the one who unbanned me.

Probably. You also got your own Wade-announces-you're-modded topics, which I (and a few others) didn't get. I'd be jealous. If I weren't too lazy to be. #;-}>

In any event, CONGRATS, POXY!

Now demand izax give you back "poxpower" since he's basically impersonating a mod now.

well this won't really change anything. I'll just be more helpful from now on. And my peeve is people who reply to spam topics. I hate that a whole frickin lot. So if you see a retarded topic and reply "stfu", well you know what's coming.

hey now, don't imply the rest of us don't ban for spam topics. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 02:44:01

At 5/15/04 12:10 AM, TheJoe324 wrote:
At 5/15/04 12:07 AM, -poxpower- wrote: Well I guess its pretty hilarious, because I got moded while being banned for the longest possible amount of time, and I couldn't unban myself since only admins can ban/unban mods.
Congratulations pox. Also, congratulations on being the first moderator to be banned while modded. (I don't think anyone else has.)

Don't you mean the first mod to be modded while banned? (seeing as how his weeklong ban came before the modding, not the other way around)

Unless, of course, you just meant he happened to be on the banlist while he's been a mod, period, whichever came first, of course.

He's also the first mod to be UNBANNED while a mod. #;-}>

At 5/15/04 12:18 AM, Dobio wrote:
At 5/14/04 07:24 PM, NinjaSpectre wrote: I truly don't think Dobio deserves it.
Ok, well...in my defence, I know I'm going to sound like a whore, but I do give Bob, Joe and gfox (not as much him, but still a little bit) links to threads/posts that need dealing with, and I DO know what is required, and I have a hard skin, so I'm not really affected by biased moderating, based on regular/n00bert behaviour.

You should clarify that the reason you don't give me links as much as Bob or Joe is that I'm not on AIM or IRC as much as they are and thus aren't as accessible, and that it's not an issue with my modding or anything. Hell, half the time you give me links, Joe's already taken care of the problem anyway. #;-}>

Everyone is equal.

Well, that's not really true, but fairness is teh goal, yes.

But, whatever, I sound like I'm fucking campaigning now. I'm just trying to point out that I know the system and I wouldn't be a horrible choice. :-/

As much as I like to joke about you being modded in 2040 or whatever, I think you'd be a good mod. You might interpret the rules a bit differently than me, but I'd trust you to do a good job and not overlock or overban, and most importantly: you're on a hell of a lot. Or at least, you tend to be. And that's one area where I'm spotty, so you'd be a good "24 hours a day" coverage guy. #;-}>

So... I hereby start the DOBIO FOR MOD BEFORE 2040 campaign!

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 02:50:13

At 5/15/04 02:40 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
Dude... don't you have any self-control? I stop coming here for a week just because I'm lazy and don't want to spend a lot of time posting. If I was working on an online comic with a partner, I don't think I'd have any problem at all staying away from the BBS. O_o

oh man but you don't know how tedious it can be to work 6-7 hours a day on something that took someone else 20 mins to write O.O. Its like, every second I think about doing something else, ANYTHING. Usually I come here and read some threads for an hour or two. But now I have to work like triple-dose to finish before I go and that's impossible. so basically, fawke it. I'll just work on it at a page-per-day rate and that's all. Don't want this "project" to frickin consume my life.

What the hell are you going to do during your firefighting job, anyway?

24th of may, I'll be gone : (

Probably. You also got your own Wade-announces-you're-modded topics, which I (and a few others) didn't get. I'd be jealous. If I weren't too lazy to be. #;-}>

but I don't know if I have a Ng email : /
And I was still banned when he made it. Which is all the funnier : )

Now demand izax give you back "poxpower" since he's basically impersonating a mod now.

oh, right, he can't be an ass anymore : / man whatever was wrong with that guy anyways. Some poeople can't enjoy a forum they can't spam or something.

just my personnaly fav reason. haha man you gotta hate those

In any event, CONGRATS, POXY!

-Poxpower- = MOD

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 02:58:55

Hey congrats man!
Being a Mod must be pretty cool, I am sure you will do a fine job!!!

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 03:00:30

FINALLY he becomes a mod.

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 03:11:48

At 5/14/04 06:17 PM, Tremour wrote:
Baron_Von_Bad_Guy
Sorry Baron, but i don't think he'd make a good mod. He seems to over use the word n00b and insult a lot of new users.

Now that I have given my congrats I must take note of this.
I do say the word n00b a good deal, I am mean to some new members who have done something really stupid, that would have nothing to do with me being a good mod, I wouldn't go banning new members for no good reasons, only if they were to break the rules such as make a spam topic. If I ever got to be a mod I wouldn't want to lose it, so I wouldn't go banning crazy.

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 03:21:41

Losperman deserves to be a mod!

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 03:34:30

I always thought he'd be a mod someday...oh well. Congrats, poxpower!

fucking magnets man how do they work

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 03:46:06

At 5/14/04 06:01 PM, BananaBread_Muffin wrote: That is a good move, I think. at least he has calmed down recently.

BRAVO, AND CONGRATS POX!

yea... guess so...

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 03:47:33

Make Dobio a mod allready! What are you guys waiting for!

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 03:51:09

At 5/15/04 02:50 AM, -poxpower- wrote: oh man but you don't know how tedious it can be to work 6-7 hours a day on something that took someone else 20 mins to write O.O.

That's all it takes him to write it, and you have to do like... 20 times more work drawing it than he took writing, eh? Yeah, that does sound tough... but if it takes so long to do, how can you spare any time to read the BBS? O_o

Its like, every second I think about doing something else, ANYTHING.

Jeez, if it's that bad, why do it? You're not getting paid, are you?

Usually I come here and read some threads for an hour or two. But now I have to work like triple-dose to finish before I go and that's impossible. so basically, fawke it. I'll just work on it at a page-per-day rate and that's all. Don't want this "project" to frickin consume my life.

Well, being banned won't stop you from READING the BBS, so... I don't see how it helps that much. In any event, you're going to have to figure out another way to stop yourself from getting distracted, now that you can't be banned. #;-}>

What the hell are you going to do during your firefighting job, anyway?
24th of may, I'll be gone : (

Yeah, I know that, man... I asked what are you going to DO during it? As in, how are you going to handle being away from the BBS if you can't even keep yourself away for ONE week while working on a comic? #;-}>

Hence my joke about you being a BBS junkie and getting the shakes, but... oh well, you snipped that part. #;-}>

but I don't know if I have a Ng email : /

Gotta ask for it.

And I was still banned when he made it. Which is all the funnier : )

Indeed. I think we've studied this from just about every angle. #;-}>

oh, right, he can't be an ass anymore : / man whatever was wrong with that guy anyways. Some poeople can't enjoy a forum they can't spam or something.

Yeah, so get him to give you back your non-dashed name. Or ask Wade to change "poxpower" to "izaxsucks" and change "-poxpower-" to "poxpower" and there ya go.

just my personnaly fav reason. haha man you gotta hate those

Well of course. But not as much as racist or homophobic posts.

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 04:15:51

Im happy for pox. Congrats again buddy.

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 05:15:48

Wonderful. Ever since I lerked I saw that mods were needed.

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 06:34:49

congrats Pox, you deserve it! =D

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 06:37:53

At 5/15/04 06:36 AM, -Kurt wrote: I deserve a spank on the bottom!!! rued!!!

Any offers?

ANY!?

OOOH! OOOH! PICK ME! PICK ME!

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 06:38:21

So this is how it happened eh Pox?

Well, congratulations. I'm very impressed. It's good to see someone I know become a moderator.

I'm looking forward to your...moderation!

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 06:44:40

I wanna be a mod!! but not now over the summer, that means in 2 weeks, i doubt you can wait that long but it would be great i would stay online till late or whenever i need to say

Check me out!

"Of course lifes a bitch, because if it was a slut, it would be too easy"

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 06:50:08

At 5/15/04 06:44 AM, slicric131 wrote: I wanna be a mod!!

And now, you never will be. Don't you know that if you ask to be a mod they'll never make you one ? Probably because most people who ask only want to be able to ban people and lock topics, that's not cool. Being a mod does NOT make you cool, despite what the current mods tell you.

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 06:51:09

At 5/15/04 06:44 AM, slicric131 wrote: I wanna be a mod!! but not now over the summer, that means in 2 weeks, i doubt you can wait that long but it would be great i would stay online till late or whenever i need to say

asking doesn't help, if you ask you'll never be one....

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 06:54:22

At 5/15/04 06:51 AM, DareDevilGuy wrote:
asking doesn't help, if you ask you'll never be one....

oh nevermind... i guess its by popularity then... thats going to take some time

Check me out!

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 06:55:15

At 5/15/04 06:51 AM, DareDevilGuy wrote: asking doesn't help, if you ask you'll never be one....

Yup, I'll stick with you on that. Just keep posting, be responsible and be a nice person...stuff like that. Asking doesn't help.

I guess there are more people using NG nowadays.

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 06:55:24

At 5/15/04 06:54 AM, slicric131 wrote: oh nevermind... i guess its by popularity then... thats going to take some time

no, it goes if you're responsible and stuff, if you ask you'll never be one....

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 06:58:26

At 5/15/04 06:54 AM, slicric131 wrote:
oh nevermind... i guess its by popularity then... thats going to take some time

Not entirely true, but close. The mods give Wade recommendations
for the next mod. So in reality i suppose you do have to be rather popular to get noticed enough for them to pass your name on to Wade. But you also have to responsible and helpful towards other users.

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 06:59:17

At 5/15/04 06:55 AM, DareDevilGuy wrote:
no, it goes if you're responsible and stuff, if you ask you'll never be one....

Its all in the hands of wade, he talks to the person to see if hes responsible? I mean tell me, what other stuff, i know its early, i should say late, i havent gone to sleep yet and im going to the beach in like 4 hours...

Check me out!

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 15:17:06

All hail Pox, the new mod!

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 15:25:16

well.. here is another concrats... but it's the first concrats by me so...

concrats

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 15:30:50

that is great.... to bad people think like this way but you know what, i think -poxpower- should have beeen a mod A LONG TIME AGO.... also, if you need more.. Ozcar has my vote and maybye earfetish or tremor

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 16:57:00

At 5/14/04 06:08 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Congratulations go to Poxpower!!
I was wondering when more users where going to be modded. There are a few mods who are almost never on it seems.

I donĀ“t know why but I think Lionheart is going to be a mod someday...

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 17:01:41

At 5/15/04 03:30 PM, _trix_ wrote: tremor

My head just inflated to thrice it's regular size. I thank you kind gentle sir, but sadly, your wisdom shall fall on deaf ears.

Wait a minute, -poxpower-'s a mod !

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to -Poxpower- = MOD 2004-05-15 17:23:21

That's right kiddies, be real good and rat on all your friends and you'll get modded. (Please note the lack of email address)

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature