00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tallya just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hurricane Irene

15,059 Views | 352 Replies

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-26 21:18:41

Here in Long Island people are going batshit crazy about it. I don't understand what's the big deal, North Carolina is getting all the bad shit I thought.

Here we're supposed to be getting just a bunch of rain. Still annoying, rain prevents me from doing things I want to do :/

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-26 21:25:17

At 8/26/11 09:18 PM, mothballs wrote: Here in Long Island people are going batshit crazy about it. I don't understand what's the big deal, North Carolina is getting all the bad shit I thought.

Here we're supposed to be getting just a bunch of rain. Still annoying, rain prevents me from doing things I want to do :/

Long island is going batshit crazy because it's in the extreme zone.

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 00:24:17

You deserve to get your place thrashed if your that close to the east coast and in a known hurricane
area as for the power going out that's why I have a 60kilowatt whole house generator on standby I could supply two large houses with one of those for a week or two! And I have plenty of non perishable foods
And MRI's.

Sucks to be you east elders.

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 00:27:05

At 8/27/11 12:24 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
Sucks to be you east elders.

Sorry that's suppose to say east siders. Fucking auto spell checker.

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 00:31:06

At 8/27/11 12:24 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: You deserve to get your place thrashed if your that close to the east coast and in a known hurricane
area

the east coast almost never gets hurricanes you fucking dolt.

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 00:36:36

Livin' on Long Island.

I got my go bags ready just in case.

Level BACON!

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 00:51:31

What I want to know is,

why the hell is this such a big deal?

I know it deserves some attention since it is upper-cutting the east coast, but last year, there where like 10 hurricanes and nobody really gave a damn then.

Moved to new account.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 01:25:54

This is actually really worrisome for me.

Never mind me, down in North Carolina. My home & family reside in New Jersey, and even then, more than half of them are down in Florida, leaving an unaccompanied minor (my younger brother) & all 4 of my pet dogs up there. As such, I'm just worried how he'll get help with taking care of them, the home, and so forth when the hurricane hits.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 02:08:27

At 8/27/11 12:51 AM, CritcalOne wrote: What I want to know is,

why the hell is this such a big deal?

I know it deserves some attention since it is upper-cutting the east coast, but last year, there where like 10 hurricanes and nobody really gave a damn then.

Because it's hitting the EAST COAST.

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 02:49:11

I'm in England but damn!

Good luck guys, be safe.

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 09:33:44

At 8/27/11 09:25 AM, Conal wrote: Stay safe guys, hope it goes well.

If it's really bad you just know a film could be made of it.

Too funny but yea for real stay safe yankees.

Florida needs a break from these anyway. :p

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 11:22:46

I'm right in them middle of it and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna die. I better make out my will--"I, Claudius"...heh heh, always make that joke when I'm about to die.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 11:26:37

It already came where I live and it left me without power for about five days. When Irene came where I live it was only a storm, but since it is now a hurricane it will be much more deadly when it is heading to the U.S.

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 11:29:40

At 8/27/11 11:26 AM, Hacsev wrote: It already came where I live and it left me without power for about five days. When Irene came where I live it was only a storm, but since it is now a hurricane it will be much more deadly when it is heading to the U.S.

It's already hit the US, I'm expecting it up around my way later tonight-tomorrow morning.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 11:52:09

At 8/27/11 11:42 AM, Alex616 wrote: It's raining here in Queens

It was raining here earlier as well and the sky is still completely covered in clouds right now, but not a big deal. The real storm is coming though.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 11:58:33

I notice CNN is reporting 1 death already.

A man hanging plywood on his windows had a heart attack

"At least one death was reported. A man in Onslow County was boarding up his windows with plywood when he suffered a heart attack Friday, said Ernie Seneca, spokesman for North Carolina Emergency Management."

I don't consider that a hurricane related death..........

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 11:59:33

i just cleaned up everything in my yard and took the screen-house down so nothing should be damaged, sucks that my house is surrounded by trees though, good luck to all those expecting this.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 12:03:53

At 8/27/11 11:59 AM, joethesouleater wrote: i just cleaned up everything in my yard and took the screen-house down so nothing should be damaged, sucks that my house is surrounded by trees though, good luck to all those expecting this.

My house has one gigantic tree next to it, which happens to be on a slight hill that slopes down toward my house. If that thing were to get knocked down, half of my house would be fucked.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 12:12:14

At 8/27/11 11:58 AM, SevenSeize wrote: I notice CNN is reporting 1 death already.

I'm sure by the end of the day there will be a few dead surfers added to that list.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 12:26:46

I just woke up and its just wet outside a little rainy.I guess this is just the out skirts of the hurricane.

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 12:52:20

It'll be a Category 1 Hurricane when it hits NJ on Sunday. 80 mph winds and roughly 5 inches of rain. Not a lot to worry about.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 12:55:40

Live in CT

Really hoping my boss cancels work tomorrow.

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 12:55:58

It has begun here on Long Island I think.

Clouds everywhere, no winds though. But a FUCK TON of rain.

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 12:57:26

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 12:57:51

It rained this morning for a little bit then stopped.
Can't wait till tommorow to see what this big hurricane is supposed to be.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 12:59:11

Im just scared my xbox will get wet. Its been running on and off for the past couple of hours.
I dont think the hurricane will be as bad as they say, honestly. Its only a category 1 too.

I am a vagina cleaner. My Steam

In world god make every thing. Therefore God can't deid. -calvinmark

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 13:01:43

At 8/27/11 12:57 PM, chiefindomer wrote: Video of Virginia Beach this morning.

That guy is facing Mother Nature like a boss.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 13:05:50

At 8/27/11 12:59 PM, chipotleaway wrote: Im just scared my xbox will get wet. Its been running on and off for the past couple of hours.
I dont think the hurricane will be as bad as they say, honestly. Its only a category 1 too.

If you Xbox is inside your house and it gets wet from the hurricane, I'd be worrying about a lot more than just the Xbox.

Yeah, the hurricane doesn't look like it'll be too bad. But everyone should take precautions anyway and stay safe. I wouldn't want anything to happen to my fellow NGers. <3

Last.FM | I like comments. :3 | Awesome sig made by Life-Stream

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 13:08:36

At 8/27/11 01:05 PM, ngfan14 wrote:
At 8/27/11 12:59 PM, chipotleaway wrote: Im just scared my xbox will get wet. Its been running on and off for the past couple of hours.
If you Xbox is inside your house and it gets wet from the hurricane, I'd be worrying about a lot more than just the Xbox.

Yeah, the hurricane doesn't look like it'll be too bad. But everyone should take precautions anyway and stay safe. I wouldn't want anything to happen to my fellow NGers. <3

Well, I know that the idea of the house flooding and people getting hurt or dying is bad but I doubt thats gonna happen. If my xbox breaks, there goes Skyrim and all those games Ive been waiting for. But I do care more about my grandma. Id rather save her than my xbox.

I am a vagina cleaner. My Steam

In world god make every thing. Therefore God can't deid. -calvinmark

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Irene 2011-08-27 13:29:27

It is now pouring rain. The street is already starting to flood a bit.

lel

BBS Signature