00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team

25,996 Views | 353 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-02-25 00:08:44

At 11 hours ago, DarkWalkerUnleashed wrote:
At 8 hours ago, Android-Music wrote: DarkWalker, the demo is nice! I'll not talk about things you need to improve cause you know those bugs better, only thing I can suggest you right now is to google "flash vcam as 2.0" , that will ease your pain with cameras a bit.
Awesome job! ;)
As you suggested, i googled it and it is realy a good way to make it, however it is always seeking the Player... i figured it out the same time i saw it, good idea who has ever thought it.... If you Play Super Metroid the camera is not always following the player, mostly on closed rooms, so i will have to make some improvements on the original Vcam Codes xD. Thank you man.
I had improved the Hud Codes to stay stablished at one position of the screen... i will have to change it in order to work with the new camera engine.

Well... that one didn't was the appropriated thing to the game because its codes dont work if the Vcam is inside a movieclip... but it game me Ideas... i gave a better look to the Horizontal camera engine of Super Metroid and with the idea i had from the Vcam i could be able to make an equal engine for the Horizontal Camera engine... the only difference is that i can handle it the way i want xD.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-03-02 13:18:26

I dont really see the point of that "demo", because it was so full of bugs it was unplayable.. It doesnt exactly fill me with confidence or excitement...

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-03-02 14:29:12

At 1 hour ago, Raziel236 wrote: I dont really see the point of that "demo", because it was so full of bugs it was unplayable.. It doesnt exactly fill me with confidence or excitement...

It doesn't look that i made much progress because as i said i had to remake several of the codes... but i improved many things from the demo before this as you could see... also, i made other improvements and fixed many bugs after this demo... next demo wil be a lot better ^^

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-03-05 19:45:41

So guys, i didn't prepare it to show you as a "demo", i just wanted you to know how my progress is going since the last "Demo" and bug fixes i did and the new engines i did, dont mind the confusing things that appear on the screen, they are the real ground, roof, walls... and dont mind the mess... i work this way. The black Thing is the Horizontal Camera, the Pink one is the vertical... the green ones are the variant of the vertical cameras. Here it is: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/3b8a728923283c54e55108a9 98b9f69e
if you find any animation conflict just tell me which one and the situation it happens... and spot the bugs too xD

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-03-07 19:04:40

There are still too many bugs to mention.. maybe you should get some help with programming..? Update soon by the way..

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-03-07 19:24:00

At 13 minutes ago, Raziel236 wrote: There are still too many bugs to mention.. maybe you should get some help with programming..? Update soon by the way..

Well.. i wont need help man, trust me. i didn't prepare a "demo" it is just a quick show of my progress... but you can tell me bugs you find, maybe you can spot some bug that i didn't spot yet.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-03-08 16:50:52

Okay I played the new version. Gotta admit wall jumping has become way easier. Some bugs are obvious - sometimes when enemy hits Samus an unknown force moves her in a random direction with a crazy speed. Fall speed is too great for now. She gets stuck in walls pretty often, world grid is completely broken - make 32x32 tiles and tile collision, everything must be proper sized even if there's gonna be another gfx! Samus falls through floor a little bit, enemies are just too crazy. Demo is still not really playable but great progress is noticeable, good job man! ;)

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-03-08 20:00:53

At 3 hours ago, Android-Music wrote: Okay I played the new version. Gotta admit wall jumping has become way easier. Some bugs are obvious - sometimes when enemy hits Samus an unknown force moves her in a random direction with a crazy speed. Fall speed is too great for now. She gets stuck in walls pretty often, world grid is completely broken - make 32x32 tiles and tile collision, everything must be proper sized even if there's gonna be another gfx! Samus falls through floor a little bit, enemies are just too crazy. Demo is still not really playable but great progress is noticeable, good job man! ;)

What do you mean by "the world grid is completely broken" ? I already fixed the falling through the floor .. i just had to make it larger, i didn't made it larger before because i was afraid that the floor would bring samus up through it, but i was wrong. About the size... i just forgot to keep the proportions and thats why the ground is so steep on some parts. I wont make this mistake again. About that force... i have an idea of what causes it... i think the enemis are actvating the "hurt" variable twice in a time so it makes a conflict Y.Y

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-03-08 20:02:48

At 54 seconds ago, DarkWalkerUnleashed wrote:
At 3 hours ago, Android-Music wrote: Okay I played the new version. Gotta admit wall jumping has become way easier. Some bugs are obvious - sometimes when enemy hits Samus an unknown force moves her in a random direction with a crazy speed. Fall speed is too great for now. She gets stuck in walls pretty often, world grid is completely broken - make 32x32 tiles and tile collision, everything must be proper sized even if there's gonna be another gfx! Samus falls through floor a little bit, enemies are just too crazy. Demo is still not really playable but great progress is noticeable, good job man! ;)

What do you mean by "the world grid is completely broken" ? I already fixed the falling through the floor .. i just had to make it larger, i didn't made it larger before because i was afraid that the floor would bring samus up through it, but i was wrong. About the size... i just forgot to keep the proportions and thats why the ground is so steep on some parts. I wont make this mistake again. About that force... i have an idea of what causes it... i think the enemis are actvating the "hurt" variable twice in a time so it makes a conflict Y.Y Also, good job with the jungle Scenario, i think you should put a link here for the members of the Team to see ^^

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-03-08 20:57:10

Yes well ignoring the far right of the "demo", assuming it was just left unfinished. But whilst running right and shooting the game froze and some weird music played (death music) over and over again, and then I think I fell through the floor ha. Everything ends in Samus falling through the floor.. and that first enemy is just stuck in the ground spinning, and my shots dont affect it. Thats as far as I could be bothered with because as the guy above said it is still unplayable and I dont see the point of attempting to play further or even having these "demos" yet, when there are still problems you know about and know how to fix.

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-03-09 19:55:21

At 22 hours ago, Raziel236 wrote: Yes well ignoring the far right of the "demo", assuming it was just left unfinished. But whilst running right and shooting the game froze and some weird music played (death music) over and over again, and then I think I fell through the floor ha. Everything ends in Samus falling through the floor.. and that first enemy is just stuck in the ground spinning, and my shots dont affect it. Thats as far as I could be bothered with because as the guy above said it is still unplayable and I dont see the point of attempting to play further or even having these "demos" yet, when there are still problems you know about and know how to fix.

Well, i have already fixed the " Radon Force", i had just to make the ground larger to fix the falling through the ground bug and Android, what to you mean by "the world grid is completely broken" ? . The far right is not unfinished... because i didn't even do it. Well, that monster is there because i was testing him with some new codes when i had to change its codes to fit the changes i made with the switch rooms engine, the monster isn't stuck and it isn't a bug, he just dont work because it needs to be summoned..and etc... sorry for the mess... this monster is just there because i didn't clean the workspace to show this to you guys and the workspace is a mess sorry. But thank you for the critics ^^ I am working realy hard on it *-* I will fix some bugs on the Chage Beam codes or maybe change a several of its codes... the charge Beam is the largest code on this game yet it took over 3000 lines i think...or even more.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-03-09 20:25:15

Hey android, what do you mean by the falling speed is too great for now ? do you want me to make it slower ? Also the depressions are so steep because i forgot to keep the proportion of the original Crateria from super metroid hehe so samus keep making small falls sometimes... i wont make this mistake again.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-03-14 18:22:13

Hey Guys, here is the first part of the stuff of the first Scenario, the jungle, made by Android : http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/1ce92bd1b25a4a00702f9b1a e4c0335c

I want you guys to see it and say what you think about it, if it need any improvements and also suggest changes and new things to put on it. in my opinion it is pretty good, what do you guys think about ?

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-03-15 21:42:59

So, about three days of attempts to make a code that could fit with the Charge Beam Code i reached this equation : this._y += -(-_root.ChargePoint._y +this._y) - (_root.ChargePoint._y+85 -_root.samus._y)*1.65 + 30
Guys... im just too crazy by now Y.Y

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-03-23 14:04:18

Hard to tell without them actually being in-game.. meh I think they look ok, if a little cartoony. Could do with more detail and richer colours. And I was confused until I suddenly realised the other day, every time you have said "scenario", what you really meant was SCENERY.....

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-03-23 14:12:30

At 6 minutes ago, Raziel236 wrote: Hard to tell without them actually being in-game.. meh I think they look ok, if a little cartoony. Could do with more detail and richer colours. And I was confused until I suddenly realised the other day, every time you have said "scenario", what you really meant was SCENERY.....

kkkkkkkkkk man... sorry, i once saw this word in a music so i thought that it was correct lol ... Sorry you guys too.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-03-26 12:44:32

At 3/23/12 02:12 PM, DarkWalkerUnleashed wrote:
At 6 minutes ago, Raziel236 wrote: Hard to tell without them actually being in-game.. meh I think they look ok, if a little cartoony. Could do with more detail and richer colours. And I was confused until I suddenly realised the other day, every time you have said "scenario", what you really meant was SCENERY.....
kkkkkkkkkk man... sorry, i once saw this word in a music so i thought that it was correct lol ... Sorry you guys too.

Hey guys, I am making an important change on the game and i want your opinion about that. As Android asked i increased the FPS but I didn't like so much the results of it, i will try to decrease some values on the variables to make it run just like the 24 FPS that we use. I already tried it and i want your opinion if i have to decrease samus walking and running speed and the jumping and falling speed between the two versions. Version with 24 FPS: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/63200bec5120298f59c01efb 37e8a2a2
and the version with 30 FPS: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/3ff858c0566d4eef353faf55 0031c7bb

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-03-26 16:45:12

Well, apart from nearly dying from the maaaassssiiiiively loud upgrade jungle I didn't notice any difference between the two, but I have a shitty computer so that doesnt help :D

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-03-26 16:46:50

That was meant to say jingle not jungle haha

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-03-26 18:42:45

At 3/26/12 04:45 PM, BraveWorks wrote: Well, apart from nearly dying from the maaaassssiiiiively loud upgrade jungle I didn't notice any difference between the two, but I have a shitty computer so that doesnt help :D

aw.. i didn't touch the sound of the upgrades since i that first demo of the game that i put here, but what i am asking is if you guys like the new jumping and walking/running speeds of samus. I am not please with the results so i changed once more these values, and now they please me more than this 30 FPS i already showed you guys. I still have to decrease the speed variables for the enemies and reorganize their animations to fit the new FPS but that doesn't need to be discussed. So, here is the new 30 FPS changes: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/dbdd6105593c2cbdfb066ac5 608a55c7

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-05-12 20:10:18

The project has been paused. v.v If ya wanna know more, just PM me here on newgrounds.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-07-30 18:10:15

At 5/12/12 08:10 PM, DarkWalkerUnleashed wrote: The project has been paused. v.v If ya wanna know more, just PM me here on newgrounds.

Project Reopened, looking for people to join :D

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-07-31 14:45:12

I'm still working on it.

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2012-08-01 20:39:04

At 7/31/12 02:45 PM, Raziel236 wrote: I'm still working on it.

Wow, that was a surprise man, i thought that you left the Team without even telling me v.v you didn't respond to my messages for days, neither said anything on this Topic. You didn't even want to tell me your name :P . Man, if you want to join again, i'll let you in, but you cannot do the suit anymore, cause i never thought you would be back v.v and a new designer joined and is right now doing the 2 Suits. The project is no more that pixelated, i hope you can do like Flash art, like modern 2D games are made. Like this monster that one of the other designers did to this project: http://lillejohn.deviantart.com/art/Concept-316785472

But please man, this time, add me at my facebook so we can discuss the whole thing better: http://www.facebook.com/neto.walker

Lets Rock!