00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StickmanMarkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team

26,045 Views | 353 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-02 19:19:18

I worked on the game today... i see that i will have a lot of programing to do with this new camera and Switch rooms style... i was working on how the enemies would appear and now each room that i make will recquire a lot of programing, as many doors more codes and as many enemies much more codes 'o' .....A lot of codes... OMFG!

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-02 20:46:02

Cool. Right.. Well ive put the post on my profile, if you want to check it out, and give it a cheeky comment. ;) Also it might help the project if everyone from the team went on the engine you uploaded and rated it 5 out of 5. But an update engine would be very cool if you could soon.. I will also put a video on my youtube channel.. cool.

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-02 21:34:04

I already tried to put the name of the members of the team as Co-Authors there but it seems that you can only put it when you put the game by the first time there.... Also when this topic was in the page 3 i planed to make a release... but only a release to the members to know wh at progress i am making on the engine of the game because i need the Suits to make a serius release on the Flash Portal again... and if i put a demo there again the people will call me a jerk there as i was already told that people on newgrounds dislikes demos and games without an end... so i couldn't just put a release like that there... but i agree with you Raz i want to put a release there on the flash portal as soon as possible but i need at least the first mini boss the suits and the new backgrounds and scenario style, so we gotta make much more to make a release like that... it would be a demo but it would also be a nice one and people wouldn't get mad at our team... i asked Patt ( from the Spritas) to create some backgrounds and tiles with better resolution but he is also busy with his own projects and school... i would ask Joe to do that but he is also working on the Suit. We cannot put a video on youtube of our game right now, if you look for metroid Fangames videos there you will see that we cant because we aren't with the game in the same level as their game and also because we must show what out game has to offer, new design, new gameplay and we gotta work on the effects too... once we make the release on the flash portal we can make the first Trailer of out game on youtube... and when we stay near to finish it we will make another trailer giving some features of the story of the game and features of the gameplay. if you guys wants an example of that you can see on the blog of the most famous fangame of metroid, AM2R, they did exactly what i told you guys... they still didn't release their game since... they started it which i think that was in the middle of 2009... so our game will take some time to be released, i dont think we will take so much time as them but it will take more than an year. So... here is the link to their blog: http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/
You guys can also play their demo xD.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-03 09:27:23

Right. Well from the sounds of it newgrounds will frown upon any sort of demo, so best just to leave it until we finish the whole thing. But it would be cool if you could upload to the dumping grounds, that way the team could still see how it is going and try it out. Haha youtubes not like a forum - You cant not do anything. (Well, most things) No-one cares if you upload something that's not as developed as someone elses.. I only meant a video which basically says the same as the post on my profile anyway.. Yeh maybe we could make a section of the game "perfect", and release that as a demo for everyone to play (not uploaded on newgrounds). Hopefully that would get more interest for the full thing.

btw Im a bit busy atm so the back view of the suit will take some time..

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-03 14:04:00

Ok, and yeah... we could do that, the video and the demo that is not uploaded on newgrounds... I will try to put it on the dumping grounds, but i prefer to put it on megaupload because i have an account there and the file is not erased. Once in a while i make backups of the FLA file of the project and upload there just for same xD

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-03 16:48:16

Hey Raz, i gave a look at that music you said and... that music cannot be placed on the game, not that the music is bad but this one is 8-bit style music and the music we are going to use on the game is modern ones... in back posts here on the topic i discussed this concept with the musicians, Connor and DWombat, in fact the music style of our game will be in the same quality of the Metroid Prime Series's Music.

Just to notify all you guys... when Joe finish the Suit i will transform all the frames of the cycles in a lower resolution one to fit with Raziel's Suit so the Suits wont look so different, i already discussed it with Joe, probably i will have to reduct its resolution in 50%...

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-04 12:19:12

hey dw, i've been busy so i haven't had time to work on baby korshak. I should have time tonight though.

btw I was just thinking. like maybe the boss battles could be done other m style.

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-04 14:04:32

What do you mean by... other M style ? are you refering yourself to the "mini-games" that are like a movie ? those that are like in the God Of War series ? the monster attacks you and then a session of buttons appears on the Screen for you to press in the right moment and if you dont the mini-movie stops ?

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-04 14:43:03

They are called QTEs - Quick Time Events. And worst idea ever.

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-04 16:31:18

Diochi, were you refering to that QTEs ? I dont like that idea man, i agree with Raz, and that would recquire a lot more of codes and time.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-05 18:56:43

Hey guys i am working the the camera engine, so how KenjiTake didnt show me a scenario i took one from the Super Metroid Original Series(Crateria) to improve my skills on this engine and improve the engine, so when i finish i will show you guys and i want you to tell me where to change if its something not good... like speed of the camera, where the camera starts to move, how much the camera must move in all the cases... and tell me if you liked xD.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-06 16:30:49

Ok Joe, lol... those cameras makes me lose a lot of time man when i could be working on a new skill for samus... she only have half of the skills on our game yet. But even that i would need the suits to do that... like the Graple Lasso and the Space Jump, But i think i will probably make the missiles before it.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-06 17:19:17

Why do you need them for that? Couldn't you put just about anything inside a movie clip, then replace the content inside with the finished suit?

What the hell are you talking about?? Movie clip?.....

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-06 18:11:53

OK DW asked me to make some beam explosions and animate a boss. The boss is secret!! Here is a link to the beam blasts. If you want me to improve let me know and PM me

Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-06 19:25:29

BlackMist, I didn't ask you to do any boss lol... (i think) .
Joe, i need them because i have to test the engine everytime and also because it is not always that i make a code and it works in time... sometimes i have to re-do all the code U_U

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-06 21:20:22

Cool beans blackmist. And hey, we havent met.. I like the first two explosions but not the 3rd, also, I like the small green and blue beam effects. Nice one.

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-06 22:23:28

He was supposed to make the Fusion Suit before you... but i don't rebember why he got away... and now he is back, but he wont make the suit anymore but he makes the effects xD.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-10 14:17:23

Not from me yet...

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-10 18:54:28

Nice! xD but remember... the shoulder realy is a Ball format man... the junction of it and the "core" is straight... try on doing it more Spheric

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-10 20:20:52

Can someone link me to the pixel extension for flash 8? PM if you wanna help with the ki hunter redesign

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-11 12:27:39

At 10/10/11 11:59 PM, JoeMation wrote::

stuff

Good to see that there's some progress.

On a totally related note, last saturday was my bday and I got a few drawing materials.
Yeah, so now I have some good stuff to help me when doing the cutscene sketches.

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-11 13:49:00

Ok Joe. Hey Leo, congratulations hehe (late) now you are as old as my Girlfriend LOL. Oh, and i have an upgrade to...not realy but... I talked to Manganiac(the creator of the Omega Suit Illustration) and he said that he would be able to join us (as a illustrator) because he is working on a "comic factory" here on Brazil and he is on college...so he wouldn't have much time to engage here, but he said we can use that illustration on the game and that he would make some sketches of illustrations to us...
I am also looking for illustrators on Deviant'art ...

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-12 16:25:09

Hey Guys, Happy Children's Day ^^. Im not going to own any toy today Y.Y... i miss when i was a happy child ...lol

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-16 20:48:18

Oh... im having problems with the camera and Switch Room's engine... it seems that i cant make the Working area of Flash 8 to expand more than 2800 pixels...... so you guys will have to wait a little more untill i bring here what i promissed, a replic of the Original super metroid Crateria with the engine of four game... But just hang on guys

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-18 21:12:05

So...... any upgrades guys ?

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-21 17:11:52

At 10/21/11 03:44 AM, JoeMation wrote: Happy belated birthday, Leo!

Thanks Joe.

Also hey, what's your progress on your work?

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-21 22:18:53

Yeah... have you made any progress ? Hey, i am probably being back to my hard work of programing our game after the next week *O*... probably... per now i can only do some edits.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-22 21:05:57

I made some music, I'm not sure if it would fit the game or not. Opinions? My first song made in FL studio.

http://www.truploader.com/view/732010

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-24 19:37:14

BlackMist will be supporting us with some Fx Sound Effects... like explosions and such.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-10-29 18:31:52

Hey Guys i had to make a project to show on my school of a Game, i had to talk about Software engineering.... I had just one week and few time to make this but i want you guys to say what you think about it... its a game in mario's style with mario's sprites.... "Super Capitain Basilisx" lol... i made the game and put... "Capitain"... and i have just realized that it is "Captain" lol lol lol lol ...
it is in Portuguese so i will translate the buttons:
if you see "Enter" on the beggining just press the key Enter
Jogar = Play
Como Jogar = instructions (How to Play)

Instructions... Key A make the Character use the Shell
Key S to Run
Key D to Jump
I hope you guys like. Here is the Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UCFWHEN0

Lets Rock!