00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team

23,866 Views | 354 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-18 19:16:14

I totally agree, Engine 2 is better.

However don't forget that its still slow for me D:

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-18 19:34:25

@DW -

Me and Joe have been talking and we are a little confused as to how both our design elements will fit in the game, given that you stated you did not want a mix of styles, yet we are working completely differently from one another. We want you to understand if you didnt already, what we have shown you so far (or at least me) is not a rough guide, but how it will actually look in-game.

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-18 20:27:44

Well i would say him to make a work like yours, but he said that it was his way to work ( i think it was that) .I dont want to be mean Joe... I always trusted on you and on your work but i had in mind as model the work as Raziel did, you said me to trust on you, i am doing that. I think when you finish the Suit will be all Ok because we will still resize to put in the game (the same size as Raz's Suit). And also... i think if you work on that as Raz ( not as his style) but as the same size and way it would be much more faster, even that Joe can make the Frames, the Position that he is make the prject of the Suit is good too and he can use that on some frames, the animators can also make samus from his sketches because they are perfect for the animations. D.Walker
(Joe, man...realy sorry if i was mean, it is better to tell you now than later. But on my view you are the better integrant of the Team because you always contacted me and showed interest on the Thing)

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-18 21:20:50

Fair enough. Well glad to know im doing it in a way you find suitable. And Im sure Joe's time and effort wont be wasted.. Could I see what he has done so far?

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-18 21:38:52

Well, i already showed you, he also said that he is slowing down his speed of working for particular issues... (i think was that what he told me hehe)

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-18 21:49:43

As much as I like that style, it would be kinda hard to move it around when doing the cutscenes.

I don't know. Hey DW, let me give an idea : Let the cutscenes be a bit more wild than the game itself, like be a bit more exaggerated and cartoony. Or else a bit simpler because Raz's design is looking a bit too detailed and it'd be like hell to try animating it.

Just giving my two cents.

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-19 13:34:46

As much as I like that style, it would be kinda hard to move it around when doing the cutscenes.

I don't know. Hey DW, let me give an idea : Let the cutscenes be a bit more wild than the game itself, like be a bit more exaggerated and cartoony. Or else a bit simpler because Raz's design is looking a bit too detailed and it'd be like hell to try animating it.

Just giving my two cents.

@DW - I just wanted to see everything he has done so far, so I could save it and refer to it, comment on it etc.. sorry I know you gave me a link before but could you again please?

@leo - I thought my designs werent for the cutscenes anyway..thats your job. Ughh I think if this project is guna be successful we need much more clear instruction and communication not least from DW, it seems people are unclear. The way Im animating it is by doing every single frame myself, and if I had to do that for the cutscenes too id be having your job.. but I suppose you would still be doing the non-samus animation. But how about a sort of comic-book approach to the cutscenes? Like only frames of key moments, maybe a bolder style?

@leo

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-19 13:50:13

Man... this time it was Leo's fault because i explained him and even that he is brazilian too i have already talked to him many times ¬¬ Also i didn't said that Raziel's Fusion suit could be used for the cutscenes, i said Joe's suit would be used as reference or maybe as the original Samus for the animations... Anyway... Leo, you can start making some sketches for the animated Samus on the cutscenes as you want however it wont be me that will judge your work, but i will want to see, you will have to show it to the other Animators: Patt and Travis.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-19 14:04:16

Fair enough.. well I still think it would be handy for leo to see both mine and joes work. Also, who the hell are Pat and Travis??...

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-19 16:14:57

Travis ( i think he is the leader and one of the creators of Mario's Castle Collab) and Patt( worked on Marios Castle Collab and moderator of "TheSpritas") i akready mentioned these guys sometimes here

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-19 16:54:30

At 9/19/11 04:14 PM, DarkWalkerUnleashed wrote: Travis ( i think he is the leader and one of the creators of Mario's Castle Collab) and Patt( worked on Marios Castle Collab and moderator of "TheSpritas") i akready mentioned these guys sometimes here

Well can you ask them to at least put in an appearance? Seen as Ive never heard of them and have no idea what they are doing..

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-19 17:21:39

Well, they already made their appearences here, Patt( Pattiasina24 on newgrounds) has made a comment here before and Travis made comments too, they got into the tean before you... it would be recommend for you to read the older comments here on the topic.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-19 17:46:56

At 9/19/11 05:21 PM, DarkWalkerUnleashed wrote: Well, they already made their appearences here, Patt( Pattiasina24 on newgrounds) has made a comment here before and Travis made comments too, they got into the tean before you... it would be recommend for you to read the older comments here on the topic.

Im not going through the whole thread which was originally for recruitment just to read what you can tell me in 5 seconds.. and I would expect some recent activity here from them..

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-19 17:56:59

Aw.. sorry, well , as i told sometimes before, the animators didn't start their work yet, they already have it in mind, because they need to get as reference for the animations the suits that JoeMation and Raziel are doing.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-19 18:34:15

At 9/19/11 01:50 PM, DarkWalkerUnleashed wrote: Man... this time it was Leo's fault because i explained him and even that he is brazilian too i have already talked to him many times ¬¬ Also i didn't said that Raziel's Fusion suit could be used for the cutscenes, i said Joe's suit would be used as reference or maybe as the original Samus for the animations... Anyway... Leo, you can start making some sketches for the animated Samus on the cutscenes as you want however it wont be me that will judge your work, but i will want to see, you will have to show it to the other Animators: Patt and Travis.

Oh lol

I need to see Joe's stuff then, I never saw his designs.
Someone show me!

Sorry for this, I'm not going to do such a stupidity again.

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-19 18:48:41

Oh, its ok, also he put links to his work on older posts... i think they are in page 3.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-19 19:40:56

K cool. Can you tell me then what leo pat and travis are responsible for respectively?

Here is version 1.0 of the fusion suit guys, hope you like it!

http://www.zshare.net/image/94508525535c 9d8c/

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-19 20:04:26

They are the animators... responsible for making the Cutscenes of the Game.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-19 20:07:28

At 9/19/11 08:04 PM, DarkWalkerUnleashed wrote: They are the animators... responsible for making the Cutscenes of the Game.

I know that.. I said respectively - What are they each doing specifically?

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-19 20:23:29

They dont have any especified subject because Metroid cutscenes are hard to make, then i need the 3 to make these cutscenes... but Patt is supposed to edit some sprites and he is making a forest background to use with the parallax engine that i will put on the game.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-19 21:06:28

Right ok, cool..

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-20 15:02:50

Ok I saw it.

What I don't get is how this will work, I mean, Raz work is way different than Joe's.

Well tell me when you finish this, so I can start making the sketches for the cutscene artwork.

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-20 15:50:13

Hi guys, here is version 1.2 of the fusion suit. After direction from DW, this particular model will hopefully be used as the status screen fusion suit.

http://www.zshare.net/image/94518091f31f c14b/

@DW - I hope the feet look alright to you now. Also, I know you wanted me to make her hand bigger, well it turned out in the process I kind of didnt.. besides I think it looks alright.. but if you still want me to change it of course I will oblige.

Cheers

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-20 17:50:41

I only asked bigger fingers, her hand is good, but her feet still looks strange, but if i can i will edit it and show you what i think would be better, but only at night because i have to study now.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-20 17:54:25

At 9/20/11 05:50 PM, DarkWalkerUnleashed wrote: I only asked bigger fingers, her hand is good, but her feet still looks strange, but if i can i will edit it and show you what i think would be better, but only at night because i have to study now.

Cool. Do you just want more "womanly" feet?

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-20 18:53:52

Not at all... but i will draw it for you to get as an example

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-20 19:27:30

At 9/20/11 06:53 PM, DarkWalkerUnleashed wrote: Not at all... but i will draw it for you to get as an example

You could just describe what you want..

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-20 20:07:39

Sorry man, just sayin could take more of your time, but i already did it, i sent a message for you with the link.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-20 21:08:50

sorry i haven't been on for a while. so hows everything going?

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-20 21:26:10

At 9/20/11 09:08 PM, diochi wrote: sorry i haven't been on for a while. so hows everything going?

Hey Im Raziel, Im one of the artists, currently working on the fusion suit design. I havent seen you before so care for a similar introduction? Everythings going ok I think.. as far as I go anyway..

Cheers