00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted lok supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Modern Warfare 3 announced!

34,466 Views | 412 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-04 11:58:13

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-04 12:01:34

At 9/4/11 10:34 AM, chubzilla100 wrote: Unless they start releasing thing that would give other players an advantage in the better editions, then its fine if people want to double there costs for silly extras.

I always buy extra content for games.. Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty, Red Dead Redemption, Fallout.. they announced that they're going to be releasing things monthly on Call of Duty now and I'd rather get it with the Elite package than whine about it being £11.99 each time. I like being up-to-date with maps because my clan always gets the maps and they make me get them.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-04 12:06:58

It's bullshit that IW is actually going to hold completed content back from players who don't have an Elite subscription just so they can get people to pay extra money for Elite. Evil tricks.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-04 12:24:33

At 9/4/11 11:58 AM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: So much innovation!

There's a reflex sight on top of a scope.

THAT DOESN'T EXIST

THAT MAKES NO SENSE

THAT'S COMPLETELY REDUNDANT AND STUPID

HOW HIGH DO YOU EVEN HAVE TO BE TO ADD SOMETHING LIKE THAT

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-04 12:35:24

At 9/4/11 12:06 PM, Makeshift wrote: It's bullshit that IW is actually going to hold completed content back from players who don't have an Elite subscription just so they can get people to pay extra money for Elite. Evil tricks.

I thought one of the things they were promoting with this was no extra content was going to be available for elite only members, just like a week early or something.

Steam: Chubzilla100 also Check out da You Tubes

I dont think you understand the importance of clicking my sig, and the limitless prizes it holds.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-04 18:21:16

At 9/4/11 03:08 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: WHY.

:(

Multiplayer Briefing. Bunch of videos and it's over an hour long, I think.

Part 1. Just look through GamerSpawn's videos for the rest.

There's an awesome fan film in Part 1.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-04 18:34:13

sorry about my post earlier i dont hate the game its the kids that ruin it for me

I fucking love the "you don't say meme"

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-04 23:01:21

At 9/4/11 12:24 PM, IrishGun wrote:
At 9/4/11 11:58 AM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: So much innovation!
There's a reflex sight on top of a scope.

THAT DOESN'T EXIST

THAT MAKES NO SENSE

Its supposed to be int he future and those are supposed to be the back up sights just in case you dont want any zoom but yes, it is pretty ridiculous.

I am a vagina cleaner. My Steam

In world god make every thing. Therefore God can't deid. -calvinmark

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-05 06:02:27

At 9/4/11 12:24 PM, IrishGun wrote: There's a reflex sight on top of a scope.

THAT DOESN'T EXIST

THAT MAKES NO SENSE

Hence the name Hybrid Scope, silly Obi :3

Also, watched the briefing vid for CoD XP and the cheer that Bowling got when he said there's no last stand was awesome. I'm actually looking a bit more forward to it now having watched that, I guess I can live with playing what is essentially a tarted up MW2.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-05 09:13:20

At 9/5/11 02:15 AM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 9/4/11 03:08 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: WHY.
I'll just leave this here.

Yeah, but Robert Bowling said Panic Knifing would be fixed, which is having the knife button as the right thumbstick.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-05 11:53:00

Someone from my clan won a Jeep at Call of Duty XP. Woo for her!

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-05 13:54:17

At 5/13/11 04:31 PM, Magic-Mushroom wrote: God damn, they just want to beat the shit out of that dead horse don't they? In my opinion battlefield 3 is going to tear the ever living shit into call of duty.

THIS

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-05 14:09:40

At 9/5/11 01:32 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 9/5/11 09:13 AM, Makeshift wrote: Yeah, but Robert Bowling said Panic Knifing would be fixed, which is having the knife button as the right thumbstick.
You can't have panic knifing without lunge.

You're wrong. If I'm shooting at someone who's really close to me, they turn around and get scared, they squeeze their controller and panic knife.

And the lunge is gone.

No, the range was just reduced a bit. In some gameplay I saw, I noticed it was actually a pretty far distance still.

You really have to stop sticking up for everything Infinity Ward does, you sound like a ridiculous fanboy.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-05 14:53:53

At 9/5/11 02:50 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Really? 'Cause I can't find any knife gameplay.

http://youtu.be/JPDSr3OWcHQ @00:30 in. You really expected to find something by searching "mw3 knife"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFJJLnFb4 0g

Maybe it's a sign that you should stop.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-05 16:20:54

At 9/5/11 03:57 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: I watched the clip and didn't notice any lunge. If there was a lunge, then it was barely noticeable and really only like half a foot.

Did you watch it? He lunges into the guy at near death.

Or maybe it's a sign that pathetic insults are no substitute for an ACTUAL argument.

I didn't realize calling you a fanboy was an insult and that it somehow replaced what I was saying. If that's how you see things, then you should really stop focusing on someone's "insult" and look at what they're actually trying to say.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-05 16:45:18

You're very bad at having conversations. It's a wonder people don't seem to like you.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-05 18:49:48

At 9/4/11 12:11 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: I feel the same way, and I likely won't be getting Treyarch's next game. However, Infinity Ward has always been solid, and MW3 looks like a great addition to the series.

At least Treyarch is trying new stuff (Gritty WW2, Vietnam), as opposed to IW (WW2, Modern, Modern 2, Modern 3).

Steam: Kman

Sig by YenMuffin

"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-05 19:02:57

At 9/5/11 06:49 PM, kman355 wrote:
At 9/4/11 12:11 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: I feel the same way, and I likely won't be getting Treyarch's next game. However, Infinity Ward has always been solid, and MW3 looks like a great addition to the series.
At least Treyarch is trying new stuff (Gritty WW2, Vietnam), as opposed to IW (WW2, Modern, Modern 2, Modern 3).

How can you say Modern Warfare 3 isn't new stuff? While it isn't technically new to the franchise the game itself is one of the most original pieces yet (apart from Black Ops) because it isn't set in this day and age, it's the future.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-05 19:07:32

At 9/5/11 07:02 PM, simon wrote:
At 9/5/11 06:49 PM, kman355 wrote:
How can you say Modern Warfare 3 isn't new stuff? While it isn't technically new to the franchise the game itself is one of the most original pieces yet (apart from Black Ops) because it isn't set in this day and age, it's the future.

If it is one of the most original pieces, why must they practically steal the opening from Crysis 2? Why must they use the same sounds and basically same graphics? This game wreaks of un-originality. Hell, its basically how everyone thought MW2 was going to be original and new. Same with Blops.

Steam: Kman

Sig by YenMuffin

"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-05 19:22:44

At 9/4/11 12:06 PM, Makeshift wrote: It's bullshit that IW is actually going to hold completed content back from players who don't have an Elite subscription just so they can get people to pay extra money for Elite. Evil tricks.

What exactly is being held back?

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-05 19:28:29

At 9/5/11 07:22 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
What exactly is being held back?

DLC is being held back from people who aren't subscribed to Elite.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-06 08:34:22

At 9/6/11 01:57 AM, Travis wrote: I will say though, thay CoD has been good about not requiring you to have DLC packs to play online...

Or has that changed?

That hasn't changed, everything is still optional. Plus all DLC will be purchasable at a later date.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-06 15:45:41

At 9/6/11 08:34 AM, simon wrote: Plus all DLC will be purchasable at a later date.

But still. Content is complete and they hold it back from other people just to add another reason for someone to buy an Elite subscription. Holding back content to make monneeeyzz.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-06 16:12:32

At 9/6/11 04:11 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Is that any worse than making it a timed exclusive for Xbox live?

That's related to a deal with Microsoft.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-06 18:51:15

At 9/6/11 06:34 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: you not only get it early

You don't get it early, you get it on time.

Goddamn, I hate talking to you.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-06 19:17:43

At 9/6/11 07:12 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: The $50 for one year of elite INCLUDES all the DLC, plus you get it early.

The $50 for one year of XBL DOESN'T INCLUDE the DLC, but you still do get it early.

Is this now an argument of PS3 > Xbox? Or do you really think that Elite gets you an Xbox Live subscription?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-06 19:19:49

Also, why the fuck are you saying you get DLC early?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-06 20:17:34

My point in the first place was that the DLC was being held back so it would seem like a feature and get more people buying it. If Infinity Ward can release DLC "early" to PS3 and PC players because of Elite, then they should be able to release it to those players who aren't using Elite anyway. I'm sure Elite subscribers on PS3 and PC will still get everything a month later anyway. You can't argue that it isn't greedy for them to not release finished content so they can get more people buying Elite subscriptions.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-06 20:50:25

At 9/6/11 08:46 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 9/6/11 08:17 PM, Makeshift wrote: You can't argue that it isn't greedy for them to not release finished content so they can get more people buying Elite subscriptions.
And it wasn't greedy of Microsoft to have them not release finished content so they could get more people buying the 360 version of the game?

I didn't say it wasn't.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-09-07 19:54:56

At 9/6/11 03:45 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 9/6/11 08:34 AM, simon wrote: Plus all DLC will be purchasable at a later date.
But still. Content is complete and they hold it back from other people just to add another reason for someone to buy an Elite subscription. Holding back content to make monneeeyzz.

Capitalism was designed to help no-one.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature