00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StemlyAnarchy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Modern Warfare 3 announced!

34,388 Views | 412 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 15:01:34

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 15:14:07

"the Biggest Game of 2011"

What.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 15:15:43

At 5/13/11 03:14 PM, desert116 wrote: "the Biggest Game of 2011"

What.

Yeah I know, I'm about as excited as a sedated sloth for this news.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 15:38:37

Ugh. More milk. Isn't it animal abuse already for how much they've milked the fuck out of the franchise? I'll probably check this out at a friends house, although, I'm pretty sure it's the same game I bought 3-4 years ago.

Fucking lamesauce. When can they make a new game? Oh right when those little fucking kids stop buying it.

Which means never.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 15:39:13

*YAWN*
Enough fucking Call of Duty already. Doesn't anybody at Activision have a creative braincell in their head?

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 15:41:45

Oh boy another Call of Duty game with nothing new, a fucking awful player base, dull campaign and in general shit game that it has been since Call of Duty 4 (with Zombies being the only exception).

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 15:52:57

Awesome, another game that I won't buy.

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 16:00:51

Apparantly slated to release within a few weeks of Battlefield 3.

I know which one is getting my attention, and its not this series.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 16:15:35

They seem to be throwing out subtlety and attempts at believable stories in order to bring forth widespread destruction across the Earth.

Not always a bad thing but a far cry from what the series was known for.

Also I'm betting every single player character dies. Like there will be one mission where you are in your APC then all of a sudden five minutes into the mission you succumb to a heart attack and die.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 16:26:31

all I hate is that there is some relation between the assasantion of bin laden and the game. I mean, they assassinate fidel castro in black ops (or tryed too) and all that was too do was too stir something up so people would buy it.

now that bin ladens dead, I bet their gunna try and do something similar.

I dont know if theyll let you kill bin laden seen as modern warfares story doesnt have much relation to the al-queada even though its dealing with middle eastern terroists. all im saying they may do something along those lines.

"let's throw the babies into the air and catch them with our bayonets, whoever catches the most wins!"

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 16:31:30

God damn, they just want to beat the shit out of that dead horse don't they? In my opinion battlefield 3 is going to tear the ever living shit into call of duty.

They said I could become anything so I became everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 16:48:39

Needless to say, it's trying to compete with Battlefield 3, right before the holiday season. Man, even it's launch date bleeds unoriginality.

I really don't think I can take any more of this overdone franchise. Trying to play yet another Call of Duty game is like trying to eat a two-ton burrito with a full stomach. Unless I force myself to puke repeatedly, its never going to go down.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 18:51:02

where do 13 year old boys find the energy to get excited for every call of duty release

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 18:56:37

It's all new makers pretty much, so there is a chance it'll bring something new to the table. It'll likely be either the best or the worst yet.

GT: Danul454

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 19:13:11

I can't believe some people still have faith in this franchise.

Are you fucking blinded by popularity?

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 19:25:33

Biggest game of 2011

Yeah, no. That's retarded.

Skyrim. Fuck all else.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 19:41:50

Sounds good, can't wait.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 19:47:36

I'm more of a WWII classic shooter myself when it comes to war FPS games. Only Call of Duty 1 and 2 interested me as a whole, among Medal of Honor Allied Assault and Pacific Assault. Other than that, war shooters ain't really my cup of tea. I might borrow or rent this game, but it doesn't interest me all that much. Concept art looks cool, though.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 19:49:18

At 5/13/11 07:25 PM, Jackho wrote:
Biggest game of 2011
Yeah, no. That's retarded.

Skyrim. Fuck all else.

I concur.

They said I could become anything so I became everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 20:01:58

At 5/13/11 07:50 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: I also like WWII shooters, but what's wrong with branching out?

Well, nothing really. It's just that I'm not a huge fan of modern war shooters. Not that they suck, I find them very fun with friends. But I just like quick and fast shooters like Quake or Unreal Tournament. Call of Duty just feels... off to me, y'know? It's just personal taste. I don't even know the plot of MW2 to even begin to understand what MW3 would be like, story-wise. It's really hard for me to explain.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 20:19:36

I hope it doesn't take the weird-ass direction Black-Ops' campaign took.

Also the multilplayer sounds like it's going to be the exact same shit as before.

Real artists draw their own user picture and signature. I am not a real artist.

Free sexay prons!

Sig credit to Ninjar.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 20:29:15

Why just why? Activision is turning into madden now by putting the same game in stores with little to none changes.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 20:53:05

At 5/13/11 08:20 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
Two words: Akimbo SMGs. It doesn't get any quicker or faster than that.

You're stupid. He meant FAST PACE, not fucking spam fast kills.

If I let personal taste stop ME from playing games, I never would have discovered such great games as Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed.

Personal taste is what you like and what you don't like. Genius.

You don't play CoD for the story. TBH, the campaign is just training for the multiplayer.

I would prefer if the game I buy has a fucking story mode, sorry I'm not a mindless drone who plays the same online match over and over and over.

In fact, a surprising number of CoD players haven't even played the campaign. (I am not one, but my friend is.)

^Read above statement^

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 21:33:46

Im going to be completely honest, ill probably end up buying it, beating the single player, prestige-ing then sell it. Like i always do. The only way ill end up keeping it if they actually bring something new to the table like different game modes, MANY different weapons, no bullshit killstreaks (fuck them all together), and some updated graphics is they want to stand any chance with BF3.

Steam: Kman

Sig by YenMuffin

"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 21:34:38

At 5/13/11 08:20 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Two words: Akimbo SMGs. It doesn't get any quicker or faster than that.

Fast guns =/= fast gameplay.

If I let personal taste stop ME from playing games, I never would have discovered such great games as Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed.

It's not preventing me from playing games. I just don't bloody like modern war games.

You don't play CoD for the story. TBH, the campaign is just training for the multiplayer.

I guess.

Look, it's just personal taste. I don't like dang modern war games, why can't you just accept that? Geez, why is it when somebody disagrees with you, you have to go out of your way to prove them wrong somehow even when it's absolute opinion.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 23:07:23

At 5/13/11 09:55 PM, Travis wrote: The coolest thing about this was two character names in "Frost" and "Sandman". If there is one thing these games do right, then it is decent codenames for characters.

They're both going to die.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-13 23:58:55

At 5/13/11 07:27 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: I love how all these idiots always say "I'M NEVAR BUYING ANUTHER CALLADUTY GAME AGAIN BLAH BLAH BLAH!" and then it always ends up being the top-selling game of the year, every year.

Well, the people who buy them aren't the ones saying that they're never going to buy a CoD game again. Because they still like CoD.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-14 00:04:47

I think this sums it up nicely.

Modern Warfare 3 announced!

It tolls for thee.

Thanks to IncendiaryProduction for the sig!

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-14 07:28:09

I can see a lot of possible hate coming my way for this post, but Call of Duty games aren't all that bad.

There is a high probability that I will end up buying this game, although the main reason being that my friends are likely to buy it and I prefer gaming socially, so will probably buy it to join in. Having said that, I don't just buy the CoD games to play with my friends. COD4 was my first ever online console game and I spent hours playing it. It was basically a winning formula in my eyes, even if there are plenty other FPS games out there.

When MW2 was released I went through that phase of thinking it wasn't as good as COD4 like most people did but then it grew on me and I started playing it more and more. Skipping W@W because it felt like more of a filler title to me, whilst they waited for the next big release. When Black Ops came I did the exact same thing as I did with MW2. I seemed to follow the popular belief that the game had gotten worse but then after playing it for some time I found myself enjoying it more.

I'm sure history will repeat itself with MW3, assuming I do actually buy it. Thinking about it, there is really nothing special about the COD games, but they never fail to give me hours of amusement and for that reason, they must be doing something right, as much as most people hate to admit it.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 announced! 2011-05-14 07:38:58

Such news belong only to the Onion, and it should stay there, not to come out as reality.

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature