00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,058,277 Views | 77,360 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-18 21:50:19

At 3/18/13 09:20 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Well, drinking isn't like smoking... Smoking is inhaling chemicals and shit on purpose, while drinking doesn't imply getting wasted. There is very good wine, very good beer, porto, gin, rum, etc. If you know how to drink, those can be very enjoyable and not harmful for your body.

Yeah you have a point....
But I'm still not going to drink til I'm "legally" able to do so ._.
Though my dad is seriously against drinking and stuff like....hes even gone so far as to say that if he catches either me, my sister, or my brother drinking he'd consider kicking whoever it was out. Which means I should seriously consider moving out at some point in the near future xD

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-18 22:16:08

I know this is off topic but in terms of drinking and smoking, I do drink often but only on weekends. If it's ever during the weekday then it's because either I'm out at a pub somewhere or it's for a celebration. I'll admit that often I can drink a lot and should try and pace myself better. As a citizen who lives in a country where the legal age for drinking is 18, I've always been more comfortable with 18 as a time to legally drink. Although, this country has considered raising it to 21 and it would be a tad inconvenient for me as a fair number of my friends are 17/18 would be underage if the age limit was 18 here but if they do change it, that's how it'll be but there's bigger shit to worry about right now.

As for smoking, I know several friends that do smoke and I'll admit that being around with them has got me to try it out a bit. I only had my first smoke as early as last September and I can be hit and miss with it. I could smoke well but then I just choke and cough at one puff. I have recently tried to smoke a bit more but then it hit me. If there's anything I don't want to do in my life, it's following the footsteps of my cowardly father. There was a time when he was smoking and tried to hide it from everyone but it wasn't much of a secret in the end. It would be great if I don't repeat his mistakes so thankfully I've never reached addiction stage for smoking and since I said to some last Saturday that I would give it up, I better keep my word.

Keep in mind that I have not smoked all that often since September so I have not become an addict to it. There'll be no hassle with giving it up entirely right away.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-18 23:33:30

At 3/18/13 11:57 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 3/15/13 02:20 PM, Viper50 wrote: I still have a hard time tracking down some albums....hell it seems as though no store within 50 miles of here sells a copy of Master Of Reality on any format.
I'm guessing I have advised Amazon to you before and that's not a possibility. If you can't find a good store within 50 miles then you're really stuck on that one.

There was an ambient album that Bruce introduced me to by this artist called Letum, and I looked far and wide for the album both in local stores, on youtube, for torrent, or anywhere really. Yup, Amazon was the only place that had it, and I found myself paying for music (haven't done that in a looooong while.)

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-19 10:58:45

Back on topic.

Karma To Burn are releasing a new EP
They released a teaser thing for it ._.

Also High Priest Of Saturn are releasing their debut album in 5 days.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-19 11:57:08

So, while not metal, Steven Wilson's new album is kinda completely awesome. I know there are a few fans of Porcupine Tree around here you should definitely check this out. While much more 70s style prog than most of his stuff, it definitely has moments reminiscent of PT.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-20 02:31:37

I'm slowly getting into the Melvins albums, trying to figure what album I should be getting next. I suggest that any of you guys who never listened to them gives them a try. After all, these guys did heavily influence Stoner Metal, Sludge and Grunge.

Melvins - Pig House (Alternate Version)

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-20 18:50:43

You can vaporize, you know.

At 3/20/13 02:31 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: I'm slowly getting into the Melvins albums, trying to figure what album I should be getting next.

My favorites are Stoner Witch, Stag, and Bootlicker.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-20 21:56:08

At 3/20/13 02:31 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: I'm slowly getting into the Melvins albums, trying to figure what album I should be getting next. I suggest that any of you guys who never listened to them gives them a try. After all, these guys did heavily influence Stoner Metal, Sludge and Grunge.

What have you listened to so far?
Also my favorites are Bullhead, Houdini, and Gluey Porch Treatments.
You could go with Lysol, Ozma, or Electroretard. But its up to you what you wanna do.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-20 23:12:47

I honestly don't understand why Bullhead is the most well known Melvins album. I mean, it's good, but I don't see it.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-20 23:36:23

Nice tours stopping in Montreal this summer :)

I will most likely see Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death and Beyond Creation on tour together in early june.

At 3/20/13 09:56 PM, Viper50 wrote: What have you listened to so far?
Also my favorites are Bullhead, Houdini, and Gluey Porch Treatments.
You could go with Lysol, Ozma, or Electroretard. But its up to you what you wanna do.

I only have Lysol and their split with ISIS. I've got to find some more, yes.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-21 00:00:56

At 3/20/13 11:12 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I honestly don't understand why Bullhead is the most well known Melvins album. I mean, it's good, but I don't see it.

I honestly don't understand it either. I mean its a good album but its not exactly their best.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-21 08:50:32

At 3/18/13 11:33 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: There was an ambient album that Bruce introduced me to by this artist called Letum, and I looked far and wide for the album both in local stores, on youtube, for torrent, or anywhere really. Yup, Amazon was the only place that had it, and I found myself paying for music (haven't done that in a looooong while.)

I know that feeling in a different sense. There are certain songs by Slough Feg and Manilla Road that I simply cannot find on the internet at all. They have the odd rare demo track or two that has not seen the light of day on a compilation release or anything. They're rare songs that we may never get to hear at all and not even torrents can help me find them.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-21 17:55:52

On the topic of Melvins they're streaming their cover of You're My Best Friend by Queen off of their upcoming cover album.

For anyone who doesn't know, this is the track list:
1. Warhead (Venom; Guest: Scott Kelly of Neurosis)
2. You're My Best Friend (Queen; Guest Caleb Benjamin of Tweak Bird)
3. Black Betty (traditional)
4. Set It On Fire (The Scientists; Guest: Mark Arm)
5. Station To Station (David Bowie; Guest: JG Thirlwell)
6. Attitude (The Kinks; Guest: Clem Burke of Blondie)
7. Female Trouble (Divine a.k.a. John Waters)
8. Carpe Diem (The Fugs)
9. Timothy Leary Lives (Pop-O-Pies)
10. In Every Dream Home A Heartache (Roxy Music; Guests: Jello Biafra and Kevin Rutmanis)
11. Romance (Tales Of Terror)
12. Art School (The Jam; Guest: Tom Hazelmeyer)
13. Heathen Earth (Throbbing Gristle)

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-21 18:45:22

At 3/21/13 05:55 PM, Viper50 wrote: On the topic of Melvins they're streaming their cover of You're My Best Friend by Queen off of their upcoming cover album.

Not bad. I know they've done similar electro stuff before, but I love how they are doing stuff that is anything but stoner metal.

1. Warhead (Venom; Guest: Scott Kelly of Neurosis)

One of the sludgiest Venom tracks. I can imagine they'll do good things with it, and Scott Kelly is always a treat.

3. Black Betty (traditional)

I like their version of this, I wonder if they'll be going for a more traditional sound as opposed to the Ram Jam sounding one.

4. Set It On Fire (The Scientists; Guest: Mark Arm)

Fuck yes. Love TheScientists

7. Female Trouble (Divine a.k.a. John Waters)

HAHAHAHA

13. Heathen Earth (Throbbing Gristle)

YES...YES!

Duff, I'd say Stag, (A) Senile Animal, and Gluey Porch Treatments are their best albums, Stag being their best. I personally think they've gotten a bit better as time went on, so don't be afraid to give newer albums a try. Also, check out Flipper, to see a proto sludge/grunge band that even predated Melvins.

So... any Amebix fans?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-21 19:15:08

You can't really go wrong with Melvins. They're impressively consistent. Personally I'm not to crazy about Houdini, but a lot of other people seem to be.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-21 19:19:15

Am I like the only person here who hasn't looked into Melvins?

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-21 19:20:24

At 3/21/13 07:19 PM, Bahamut wrote: Am I like the only person here who hasn't looked into Melvins?

I haven't either.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-21 19:22:28

At 3/21/13 07:20 PM, ElGhoulio wrote:
At 3/21/13 07:19 PM, Bahamut wrote: Am I like the only person here who hasn't looked into Melvins?
I haven't either.

I feel less weird now.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-21 20:22:13

At 3/21/13 07:22 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 3/21/13 07:20 PM, ElGhoulio wrote:
I haven't either.
I feel less weird now.

I haven't either, but now I feel like I should.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-21 21:18:14

At 3/21/13 06:45 PM, Tobi wrote: Also, check out Flipper, to see a proto sludge/grunge band that even predated Melvins.

Flipper is always awesome.
You should totally check out Wipers along with Fang. The guitarist from Fang (Tom Flynn) founded a label that both Fang and Melvins released stuff on. Though Fang are more Hardcore Punk and Wipers are Post-Punk.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-21 21:31:42

At 3/21/13 09:18 PM, Viper50 wrote: You should totally check out Wipers along with Fang. The guitarist from Fang (Tom Flynn) founded a label that both Fang and Melvins released stuff on.

I like Fang, and I've heard of the Wipers, but never checked them out. I'll put it on my before-i-go-to-bed-to-do-list.

Also, I like how Melvins were once with Slap-a-Ham records. I know it's not uncommon for punk bands (despite the Melvin's metal tendencies, I consider them to be punk) to play on diverse record labels, it's funny how far away they were from the other stuff on that label. Melt Banana too.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-21 23:00:46

I haven't either.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-21 23:23:07

At 3/21/13 11:00 PM, ElGhoulio wrote:
I haven't either.

lol is that a really delayed double post or did you forget you posted?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-21 23:33:57

At 3/21/13 11:23 PM, Tobi wrote:
At 3/21/13 11:00 PM, ElGhoulio wrote:
I haven't either.
lol is that a really delayed double post or did you forget you posted?

My browser screwed up. I realized what happened when I saw it.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-22 19:28:53

So the band Pallbearer recently had 3 guitars stolen from them.

They are
1970's Harmony Les Paul copy (no name on headstock) tobacco sunburst, carved body, and Lace Pickups installed.
Mid-200's PRS - Red with a considerable amount of black gaffers tape on headstock (covering name and a very large chip in the upper headstock point.) Stock humbuckers with cream pickup surrounds.
and a Mid-2000's Hofner - Black double-cutaway Les Paul Junior style, with P90's, Upper horn strap peg is likely missing.

They were stolen from the North Little Rock area. So if anyone has any info about them I guess you can contact them on their Facebook (they have a pic of the stolen guitars on there).

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-22 20:03:29

At 3/22/13 08:00 PM, ean5 wrote: interesting club

There's lots of good instrumental music.

But I think you're doing Philosiraptor wrong.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-22 20:14:51

To kill half the vocal creativity in the history of music? Fuck no.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-22 20:29:15

Instrumental metal music? Yes, that's doable. I have plenty of good instrumentals to hear from this genre alone.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-22 20:53:57

At 3/22/13 08:52 PM, ean5 wrote:
At 3/22/13 08:29 PM, Bahamut wrote:
Instrumental metal music? Yes, that's doable. I have plenty of good instrumentals to hear from this genre alone.
AAL > Metal

Leave please.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-03-22 21:07:20

At 3/22/13 08:52 PM, ean5 wrote:
At 3/22/13 08:29 PM, Bahamut wrote:
AAL > Metal

Pelican completely blows them out of the water.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature