00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,058,600 Views | 77,360 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-03 22:15:14

Hey sup, just doing my random drop-by lmao.

I've been loving me some Deadlock and Poisonblack.

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-03 22:15:54

At 1/3/12 10:15 PM, NoahBlack wrote: Hey sup, just doing my random drop-by lmao.

I've been loving me some Deadlock and Poisonblack.

Wrong account :X

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-03 22:21:48

Hey, there, 0peth. Welcome back.

Bill will be missed. I don't know what suddenly got into him, but it's too damn bad he left.

I've been playing Saints Row the Third when not being sucked into Skyrim. It's an awesome game, but the "metal" playlist in this game is pathetic. There are a few pleasant surprises like Mastodon, Goatwhore, SYL, and Opeth, but for the most part, it's just sad. Look at this shit.

After the Burial "Berzerker"
Amon Amarth "Runes To My Memory"
Between the Buried and Me "Obfuscation"
The Black Dahlia Murder "Necropolis"
Black Veil Brides "Perfect Weapon"
Chemlab "Suicide Jag"
The Dillinger Escape Plan "Farewell, Mona Lisa"
Drowning Pool "Feel Like I Do"
Goatwhore "Apocalyptic Havoc"
Job for a Cowboy "Regurgitated Disinformation"
KMFDM "WW III"
Marylin Manson "arma goddamn mother****in geddon"
Mastodon "Divinations"
Miss May I "Apologies Are For The Weak"
Opeth "The Lotus Eater"
Otep "Rise, Rebel, Resist"
Shai Hulud "Misanthropy Pure"
Strapping Young Lad "Love?"
Tugboat "Slow Revolution"
You Love Her Coz She's Dead "Engine Wrecker"

Luckily, there's plenty of classical music and a few gems in the other playlists to make up a somewhat decent "mix tape" (playlist).

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-03 22:26:09

At 1/3/12 10:21 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
KMFDM "WW III"

How are they even considered metal lol. Genres are so strange.

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-03 22:35:01

At 1/3/12 10:26 PM, 0peth wrote: How are they even considered metal lol. Genres are so strange.

Yeah, whoever chose the music does not know what metal is.

Also, they have the theme from the Venture Brothers. That is too awesome.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-03 22:51:39

I really wish Dimmu Borgir stuck to sounding like this. It's depressing and has some nice atmosphere in it. But no this is what they went for instead. Could have been a more respectable band in my opinion instead of becoming a monster shit ball.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-03 23:23:04

A good friend of mine likes the Demon Burger. He plays "Burn in Hell" a lot. It ain't my thing, but I don't mind it. I just show him my black metal when it's my turn. I''m not really familiar with their stuff, though, so maybe there's some songs by them out there I wouldn't be able to tolerate. I dunno.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 02:14:00

greetings.
i would like to join this club..if i am welcome to.

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 02:29:02

here is a project my good friend Jim is a part of.
hope you all like it

My good friend Jim and his band

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 02:34:44

here is a vid of my brother Sirgiy's project
i hope you like it

my brother Sirgiy a.k.a Moloch

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 02:49:55

here is some free metal to enjoy
my gift to all who love metal

my first E.P..hope you like it
my last cassette release..hope you like it
we were mislabeled as punk here...have a vid of us here if you scroll down and care to watch it..hope you like it

i know it's old Metal..20 years old...hope you all like it

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 03:38:10

At 1/3/12 12:31 PM, Tobi wrote: I know core isn't something that shouldn't be talked about excessively, but what do you guys think of that so called "blackcore" band, Abigail Williams? I just listened to them today, and they aren't that bad, though I don't exactly like them much.
Their album "In the Shadow of a Thousand Suns" is actually pretty good. Do you guys think they are -core music, or falsey labled such as early Cave In and BTBAM? They almost never chug, and vocals are some sort of hybrid of black metal and -core.

Double negation, lulz :P

I love Abigail Williams! Or at least some of their albums. They are a mix of metalcore and symphonic black metal. Remember metalcore isn't only about chugging. A lot of core bands are generic and boring and only record chugging riffs. But if you take examples like All That Remains or similar metalcore bands and compare them to Abigail Williams, you might understand how Aibigail Williams are core, especially on their EP named Legend. Legend definitely contains some of their "most core" material. Into The Ashes pushes their sound more toward Symphonic BM and away from metalcore, and their latest material isn't core in anyway. At least not from the very little I've heard. But see... they did their metalcore pretty good, and the mix with sbm was great. I love the album Into The Ashes and I definitely recommand getting their Legend EP, it's fantastic!

Also, do you guys think blackcore will become a new trend?

It won't. If you consider the fact that Abigail Williams really isn't your typical teenage commercial metalcore band... it won't build up a community of wannabe metalheads like the most commercial core bands out there.

And I really have to repost this again... This is a video that was recorded at their show in Montreal back in 2009. Bottom right corner of the screen, at 1:14 there is a flash in the room and you see me facing the camera and screaming: "Fuck!" or something like that. Yeah I know... strong words I'm sorry.

Very enjoyable gig :)

At 1/3/12 01:17 PM, Zodir wrote: I know Duff will want to talk about them, since he's the guy who got me into them, but I'm going to beat him to the punch. I frickin love em. I don't really feel they have that many core elements, I feel like they are bascially just Symphonic Black Metal, like Dimmu Borgir (except better). I wish there were more bands like Abigail Williams, cuz they kick a lot of ass.

It's pretty cool that you remember I liked them :) And I'm also quite happy I got you into them. Sharing my music and getting a larger fanbase to my favorite artists is the greatest contribution to their work I can hope to have.

Abigail Williams use the melodic, groovy and agressive elements of metalcore and mix them with the symphonic, sometime fast-paced, dark and heavy elements of symphonic black metal. I also wish there were more bands like Abigail Williams. They do kick ass. Or should I say, Sorceron kicks a lot of ass.

At 1/3/12 03:54 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Klabautamann

Thanks Sense!

At 1/3/12 09:29 PM, Tobi wrote:
At 1/3/12 08:42 PM, Rummy0 wrote: Abigail Williams are absolutely awful, they're doing a jobforacowboy now and trying too hard to be a symphonic black metal band... yeah.
sorry rummy but your trying too hard!!!

That :)

At 1/3/12 09:49 PM, Tobi wrote:
At 1/3/12 09:43 PM, Viper50 wrote: now is has 2,466...
Our once beloved Horseman, batman64, has deleted his account, along with all of his posts. Tis a sad day.

I still don't fully understand what happenned. First he gets banned... but not because of a post in the Metal Hell, then he picks a fight with me because I'm supposedly ignorant and greedy for supporting artists with money, then he storms back in the Metal Hell, calls the other three horsemen morons and stooges and then decides the horsemen do not exist anymore and then... he deletes his account...

I mean... seriously... We always got along just fine with him. I'm still confused... I hope he gets his shit together, calm down and come back in here. We always had good dicussions with him, and I really don't see how we could ever hate each others.

And damn! If him deleting his posts erases 50 pages of history or so... it really means he wrote a lot of stuff in here. I wonder how many pages of history I have in the Metal Hell...

At 1/3/12 10:26 PM, 0peth wrote:
At 1/3/12 10:21 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
KMFDM "WW III"
How are they even considered metal lol. Genres are so strange.

Well... They aren't. See... there is also Black Veil Brides and Marylin Manson on that list. Both are less metal then Sum 41...

At 1/3/12 11:23 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: A good friend of mine likes the Demon Burger. He plays "Burn in Hell" a lot. It ain't my thing, but I don't mind it. I just show him my black metal when it's my turn. I''m not really familiar with their stuff, though, so maybe there's some songs by them out there I wouldn't be able to tolerate. I dunno.

For All Tid and Stormblast are black metal records. They do have keys, but they are definitely real black metal albums. You might enjoy them. I do like these two.

At 1/4/12 02:14 AM, BillPatton wrote: greetings.

The Bill?

You were always welcome...

(No double or triple or quadruple posting though)

And is there a way we can get mp3 format of your material? That would be cool :)

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 03:58:59

At 1/4/12 03:38 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 1/4/12 02:14 AM, BillPatton wrote: greetings.
The Bill?

You were always welcome...

(No double or triple or quadruple posting though)

And is there a way we can get mp3 format of your material? That would be cool :)

all you need to do is right click on a song you want and choose open in new tab..it will automatically download the song in mp3 format...currently working on vids for the songs to post on youtube.

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 05:28:24

just made this and posted it.
The VERY FIRST Death Squad vid ever posted on youtube.
Hope you all like it

To be or not to be, that is the question.

Keep it HEAVY
peace

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 12:33:19

At 1/3/12 10:21 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I've been playing Saints Row the Third when not being sucked into Skyrim. It's an awesome game, but the "metal" playlist in this game is pathetic. There are a few pleasant surprises like Mastodon, Goatwhore, SYL, and Opeth, but for the most part, it's just sad. Look at this shit.

Saints Row has always had awful metal stations. Saints Row 2's metal station was even worse. I don't remember Saint Row 1's metal station, or if they even had one, but it was probably awful too. I just banned that shit from my radio.

Also, I'm a bit late but Demolition Hammer is a must for death/thrash. Sadus, too. But I'm guessing most of you know Sadus, or at least I hope you do.

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 13:01:12

At 1/3/12 03:52 PM, AniMetal wrote: Epica is perhaps the only band I know that's gotten better and better each album AS WELL AS more popular at the same time. The upcoming album will be a masterpiece, i'm predicting. And hopefully, it will be the album that breaks them into the super-mainstream.

I suppose I should hear their latest album and then listen to their new one and have a vague idea on your Epica theory. The new one I better cover either way with a review.

At 1/3/12 10:15 PM, 0peth wrote: Wrong account :X

I'm very happy to see an old face right now.

At 1/4/12 12:33 PM, Dalnaki wrote: Saints Row has always had awful metal stations. Saints Row 2's metal station was even worse. I don't remember Saint Row 1's metal station, or if they even had one, but it was probably awful too. I just banned that shit from my radio.

Seeing as Saints Row is often compared with GTA and considering how I've played GTA III and Vice City with custom soundtrack before, I would do the same thing for Saints Row if I were to get into it. I can easily settle with iPod/laptop for custom playlists.

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 13:36:25

At 1/4/12 12:33 PM, Dalnaki wrote: Saints Row has always had awful metal stations. Saints Row 2's metal station was even worse. I don't remember Saint Row 1's metal station, or if they even had one, but it was probably awful too. I just banned that shit from my radio.

I think I recall Saint's Row 2 having MCR on the metal station... yeah.

Also, I'm a bit late but Demolition Hammer is a must for death/thrash. Sadus, too. But I'm guessing most of you know Sadus, or at least I hope you do.

Man, I hacen't listened to DH in a long time, reminds me I should. I've haven't listened to much Sadus, which suprises me considering how much I love Steve DiGiorgio.

Thanks for the recs everyone.

Also,

Atrocity.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 13:41:45

At 1/4/12 02:49 AM, BillPatton wrote: i know it's old Metal..20 years old...hope you all like it

It really suprises me you guys aren't put up there along with DRI when it comes to being Gods of Crossover, cause you're really good.

Sixty Watt Shaman is pretty good as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 14:00:37

Only Saints Row I've played is the 2nd one, and I enjoyed the metal station in that one, it introduced me to many good bands, I played it when I was in the 8th grade and just properly getting into metal. I don't think its purpose is just to have "teh tr00 metal", but heavy music/rock in general..

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 14:06:34

Yesterday i started to listen to DIMMU BORGIR's older stuff again. So much better than there newer stuff, im sure some of you will agree.

I also just brought Turisas new album Stand Up And Fight. It is much differant to the stuff i normally listen to. Usually listen to black or doom metal, sometimes some thrash, even some agrotech to change up the pace a little.

I am lovin' me some Retro Haze .

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 15:57:16

At 1/4/12 02:06 PM, twistex wrote: Yesterday i started to listen to DIMMU BORGIR's older stuff again. So much better than there newer stuff, im sure some of you will agree.

I also just brought Turisas new album Stand Up And Fight. It is much differant to the stuff i normally listen to. Usually listen to black or doom metal, sometimes some thrash, even some agrotech to change up the pace a little.

i was somewhat okay with Abrahadabra...
i mean granted its not as good as their older stuff but its still okay
but at the moment im blaring The Sword :D
im listening to them more lately than i thought i would...

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 18:07:29

At 1/4/12 04:55 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: Alcest - Autre Temps

Totally Tits man.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 18:26:48

At 1/4/12 06:07 PM, Anti-pie wrote:
At 1/4/12 04:55 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: Alcest - Autre Temps
Totally Tits man.

It reminds me of Not Unlike the Waves which is one of my favorite Agalloch songs so that pretty cool.

It's also a nice length, not too indulgent like most black metal tends to get.

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 20:20:19

At 1/4/12 04:55 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: Alcest - Les Voyages De L'Ame

This band really treads the lines between metal and shoegaze, but their new album is out and its very nice.

Also, one of my favourite - if not my favourite - album covers of all time. Exquisite.

Alcest - Autre Temps

Alcest is fantastic, i love it. If youse didn't already no one the page on fb there is a link to the record label or something i don't really no. BUt thee they ahve the link to the entire album as this album doesn't come out til the 6th of January.

I am lovin' me some Retro Haze .

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 21:46:44

got bored so i whipped up 5 vids to enjoy...hope you all like them

Memo to the P.M.R.C. (NSFW)
Rogue Cheddar
So you want to be a Hero
What D'ya Got To Lose?
Shithole

That is 6 vids in about 17 hours..not too shabby.
plenty more in the works.
Hope you all like em
Keep it HEAVY
peace

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 21:54:26

This band really treads the lines between metal and shoegaze, but their new album is out and its very nice.

Also, one of my favourite - if not my favourite - album covers of all time. Exquisite.

Alcest - Autre Temps

I´m not a great fan of shoegaze, but i like the band it´s an awesome album it´s like of relaxing

Metal Hell

The cold wind and the snow of this night, whips my heart of pure ice

My cold blood is running through my veins, but my soul burns like an everlasting flame

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 22:08:12

I still haven't checked out anything else by Alcest other than Souvenirs.

Nice stuff, Bill. I don't listen to much crossover, but it's cool.

At 1/4/12 12:33 PM, Dalnaki wrote: Also, I'm a bit late but Demolition Hammer is a must for death/thrash. Sadus, too. But I'm guessing most of you know Sadus, or at least I hope you do.

Yep, I know Sadus, but I've never heard of Demolition Hammer.

I've played Saints Row 1 and 2, but I don't remember the music other than the classical stuff. They should have had Paganini in this one, too. Anyway, it seems that this one is even better than the first two. I'll probably trade in my copy of the second one.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 22:32:35

Alcest - Autre Temps

I'm really digging these guys, but I don't understand how they are considered black metal. Anyone mind explaining what genre this band is?

Lost the love of heaven above, Chose the lust of the earth below

Eleven saintly shrouded men, Came to wash my sins away

Sig by Valjylmyr

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 22:36:16

At 1/4/12 10:32 PM, CoCo wrote:

Alcest - Autre Temps
I'm really digging these guys, but I don't understand how they are considered black metal. Anyone mind explaining what genre this band is?

They're one of those bands that makes music that's just soo unique and deep that you couldn't even understand the atmosphere, man. They're beyond genres.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-01-04 23:20:55

At 1/4/12 10:36 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:
At 1/4/12 10:32 PM, CoCo wrote:

Alcest - Autre Temps
They're one of those bands that makes music that's just soo unique and deep that you couldn't even understand the atmosphere, man. They're beyond genres.

Then we shall call the genre.... BEYOND METAL!!!!! Then there will be Beyond trash metal then Beyond Thrash/black metal then Beyond death/black thrash/sludge metal.....

I can go all day people....

BBS Signature