00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,096,498 Views | 77,374 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 22:05:34

At 11/14/09 10:01 PM, mothballs wrote: Howard has cancer, lol

He'd still whoop some aayyss!

Also, proof? I can't find anything about him having cancer.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 23:04:59

At 11/14/09 09:20 PM, greensucksbluerules wrote: But yeah, Killswitch sucks. They butchered Holy Diver.

They really do suck. They're one of the worst "metal" bands to get famous as of late. They're so arrogant but yet they have no reason to be. Their fanbase consists of Monster chugging douche fags who don't know what real metal is.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 02:52:59

At 11/14/09 01:24 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Well it's not really "one track" then. It's a whole show. Maybe give us the longest title you have of a studio record track :)

I did. I have like five really long tracks that are all drum and bass shows, and then my longest actual song is Edition II, off of Coltrane's album "Ascension."

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 03:59:17

Here is some shit from our bucket bong jam yesterday. This shit is just free form improvisation, turned out pretty awesome. The 'song' that takes up the last half was spontaneous and shit. And I recorded and engineered it! Awesomes! This is what I want to spend my life doing. STONER METAL

Metal Hell.

Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 04:08:47

At 11/14/09 02:20 PM, Nev wrote:
And its fantastic.

Fantastic or not, it must sucks when played live. Some music is good live and some other music is good on studio records.

At 11/14/09 05:46 PM, mothballs wrote:
So what do I do, shoot him, hang him, noose him, strangle him, stab him or drown him?

You tell him core and metal are two different genres?
I mean, he's not totally wrong, Killswitch Engage is metalcore, which is a fusion of melodic metal and hardcore. Some, like the guys from the Hell consider that this kind of bands are not metal enough to be considered metal, as some other people may consider them metal becaue they use melodic metal musical elements.

As far as I'm concerned, I understand why metalheads who make metal their way of living, would not accept Killswitch Engage as metal and I would rather say that they are metalcore than metal myself. So yeah. Explain your point. And then if he doesn't understand, do him anything Cannibal Corpse as teached you.

At the Gates - Blinded by Fear

And Your also gonna get stabbed cause at the gates are on the verge of playing core music :P

At 11/14/09 11:04 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
They really do suck. They're one of the worst "metal" bands to get famous as of late. They're so arrogant but yet they have no reason to be. Their fanbase consists of Monster chugging douche fags who don't know what real metal is.

So Nev is a "Monster chugging douche fag who don't know what real metal is" ?

I also have a friend who's really into bands like Killswitch... and he still likes Decapitated and Kalmah.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 04:28:08

At 11/15/09 03:59 AM, PenisClown wrote: This is what I want to spend my life doing. STONER METAL

How many genre's have you gone through now? First it was your 2-3 black metal solo projects you started...

Just kidding, nice work. Hope you and your band make it somewhere and get big, so you can fly all of us over to your shows >:)

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 07:45:22

I love KSE, pretty awesome band imo.

I don't kept a strict lock on the types of metal I listen to, if it's metal, I'll listen to it, simple as.

I even like some of the scene/emo screamo bands, yet still consider myself a metalhead. muhaha.

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 07:58:31

I just find emo/scene screamo band's music unbearable. It hurts my ears to listen to Trivium, Escape the Fate, Brokencyde, Enter Shikari.... People ask me if I like Enter Shikari and they're surprised when I say they reek of fail and shit.

My band will fly to Sydney just to drink some beers with you Speedy.

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 09:17:15

At 11/15/09 07:45 AM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: I love KSE, pretty awesome band imo.
I don't kept a strict lock on the types of metal I listen to, if it's metal, I'll listen to it, simple as.

It's not about keeping a lock, its about drawing the line on what is metal and what is not.

I even like some of the scene/emo screamo bands, yet still consider myself a metalhead. muhaha.

I think nearly everyone in this club listens to plenty off non-metal stuff and considers themselves a metalhead of sorts.

This signature makes use of various clichés and/or 'emotional' lyrics/quotes, hopefully it makes me appear deep.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 10:06:55

At 11/15/09 07:58 AM, PenisClown wrote: I just find emo/scene screamo band's music unbearable.

I only like a few, I'm bored of all the generic copycat bands now though.

Trivium,

meh

Escape the Fate,

They're alright

Brokencyde,

I wish long, agonizing deaths upon all of them

Enter Shikari....

yep :p

People ask me if I like Enter Shikari and they're surprised when I say they reek of fail and shit.

Well they're not even metal in the slightest, like, at all, but to each his own eh?

More post-hardcore anyway.

At 11/15/09 09:17 AM, Oppugnant wrote: It's not about keeping a lock, its about drawing the line on what is metal and what is not.

Yea and I don't do it, because metalcore is still a form of metal, it's a subgenre of metal.

it's good enough for me.

I think nearly everyone in this club listens to plenty off non-metal stuff and considers themselves a metalhead of sorts.

Fair do's

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 10:20:09

Most of the non-metal shit I like has close ties to marijuana. Blues, love it. Get high. Jazz, love it. Get high. Jimi Hendrix, Clutch, I like Black Flag, Butthole Surfers, Fu Manchu, Frenzel Rhomb, Tool. I don't get into pop and emo core stuff but I love stoner rock, blues and jazz. And avante-garde shit. Not so much as stoner stuff.

I've been on buckets all day :D :S :D :S :D :S :D:D:D:D:D:D

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 10:33:08

At 11/15/09 10:20 AM, PenisClown wrote: Tool.

oh man I love this band so fucking much, you have no idea.

Second favourite right after The Black Dahlia Murder.

I fuckin love Tool.

I need to get stoned and listen to them, haven't tried it yet.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 10:53:13

At 11/14/09 07:41 PM, Zodir wrote: It's a great song/album. It has lots of great transitions and has practically everything you want from Fates Warning. There are some heavier parts to counterract the softer parts, etc. It's fantastic, and I strongly recommend getting it. Also, try to get Disconnected and Parallels.

Haha, looks like I'll have to get all their albums eventually but the next album of theirs I want to get is The Spectre Within. Queensrÿche on the other hand, I'll probably only get another album or two of theirs and that'll be it for them.

At 11/15/09 07:58 AM, PenisClown wrote: Enter Shikari

Never listened to them and never will, unless I become too curious like with BrokenCYDE. :(

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 12:04:33

I'm liking Dethklok & Slipknot at the moment.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 12:35:39

Basically every core band rips off At The Gates and In Flames.

Pagan's Mind - Painted Skies

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 13:51:11

At 11/15/09 12:35 PM, AniMetal wrote: Basically every core band rips off At The Gates and In Flames.

Well duh.
90% of all bands these days are just ripping someone else off, The Faceless get ripped off all the time, by unoriginal "Techdeath" faggots. And I fucking hate The Faceless.
I love Technical Death metal, but sometimes it's just boring and bland, there are very few bands that do it right.

Since My iPod pretty much died, and I lost most of my music, I've been expanding, a lot.
Lots of different music. Not bothering to list.

I'm starting a new band, It's going to be pretty much like Iblis, 'cept blacker, more dissonance, and baroque influence. While I was in Iblis, I developed an innovative songwriting style, not paying attention to theory and using scales, making that special, wrong-but-somehow fitting style, and now I'm pretty much throwing it all out in this new project :P
Don't mean to sound arrogant :P

We're thinking of naming the band R'lyeh. After the nightmare corpse city of Lovecraft's creation. :)

Here's a midi of the first song haha. Guitar pro ftw

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 14:11:47

At 11/15/09 04:08 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Fantastic or not, it must sucks when played live. Some music is good live and some other music is good on studio records.

I've talked to people who have said that Sunn O))) concerts are some of the greatest they've ever been to, citing how monolithic and powerful it sounds live, and how everyone in the crowd was basically put into the same trance by the music. I'm of the opinion that any music can be good live, and most music is better live.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 15:32:45

At 11/15/09 04:08 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Fantastic or not, it must sucks when played live. Some music is good live and some other music is good on studio records.

You're just speculating there.
I get the impression you either don't like Drone, or have never really listened to much of it.
So I don't imagine you'd be either tolerant or knowledgable about a Drone gig.

I on the other hand think Sunn are fantastic. And I think Om are even better (though they're just Stoner Doom). So I can see myself having a good time at one of their shows. Because I like the music.

And given how atmospherical Drone is, I cannot imagine a CD being half as immersive as listening to the soundscape actually being creating in the same room as you.

Harry Gregson-Williams - Intruder III (Metal Gear Solid)

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 15:43:52

At 11/15/09 12:04 PM, Murderface666 wrote: I'm liking Dethklok & Slipknot at the moment.

silly noob

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 18:14:12

Im still alive just not paying atteion of late.

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 21:13:49

At 11/15/09 10:33 AM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: I need to get stoned and listen to them, haven't tried it yet.

About a week ago I had some cones and listened to Aenima album, was really great.

LEARN TO SWIM

At 11/15/09 12:18 PM, greensucksbluerules wrote:
At 11/15/09 04:08 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: And Your also gonna get stabbed cause at the gates are on the verge of playing core music :P
Actually, At the Gates is one of the groups core bands rip off.

It just so happens that Trivium stole riffs from Blinded By Fear.

The whole metalcore genre is a big rip off of At the Gates. But metalcore lost it's edge a while ago, everyone loves deathcore now. Atleast it's a tad more original. And brutal for that matter.

At 11/15/09 02:11 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: I'm of the opinion that any music can be good live, and most music is better live.

As do most of us. But let us remember than Duff loves melodic shit metal bands who sound shit live because they suck record producer cock for that lovely polished metalcore sound to sell records and make money and buy bigger dildos.

And Kidd, sounds good. Like an evil more brutal Opeth.

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-15 22:07:54

At 11/15/09 09:13 PM, PenisClown wrote: The whole metalcore genre is a big rip off of At the Gates.

Even their names are rip-offs of At the Gates (seriously, does anyone else think that At the Gates is a super core name?)

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-16 02:07:52

This is an interesting tour, bands are on and off for different parts.

ENSIFERUM, HYPOCRISY, BLACKGUARD, SWASHBUCKLE:
06. Nov. 2009 Springfield, Virginia - Jaxx
07. Nov. 2009 Crocodile Rock Cafe Allentown, Pennsylvania

ENSIFERUM, HYPOCRISY, BLACKGUARD:
08. Nov. 2009 Raleigh, North Carolina - Volume 11
09. Nov. 2009 Atlanta, Georgia - The Masquerade
10. Nov. 2009 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida - Culture Room
11. Nov. 2009 Orlando, Florida - AKA Lounge
13. Nov. 2009 Houston, Texas - Meridian
14. Nov. 2009 Austin, Texas - Emo's
15. Nov. 2009 Fort Worth, Texas - Ridglea Theatre
17. Nov. 2009 Santa Ana, California - The Galaxy Theatre
18. Nov. 2009 Hollywood, California - The Key Club
19. Nov. 2009 San Francisco, California - DNA Lounge
20. Nov. 2009 Portland, Oregon - Hawthorne Theater
21. Nov. 2009 Seattle, Washington - Studio Seven
22. Nov. 2009 Vancouver, BC CANADA - Rickshaw Theatre
23. Nov. 2009 Calgary, AB CANADA - The Warehouse
24. Nov. 2009 Edmonton, AB CANADA - Starlite Room
27. Nov. 2009 Winnipeg, MB CANADA - The Zoo
28. Nov. 2009 St. Paul, Minnesota - Station 4

ENSIFERUM, HYPOCRISY, EX DEO, BLACKGUARD:
29. Nov. 2009 Chicago, Illinois - House of Blues
30. Nov. 2009 Cleveland, Ohio - Peabody's

ENSIFERUM, HYPOCRISY, EX DEO, BLACKGUARD, SWASHBUCKLE:
01. Dez. 2009 Toronto, ON CANADA - The Opera House
02. Dez. 2009 Quebec City, QC CANADA - Imperial de Quebec
03. Dez. 2009 Montreal, QC CANADA - Le Medley
04. Dez. 2009 Worcester, Massachusetts - The Palladium
05. Dez. 2009 New York, New York - Irving Plaza

Ensiferum , Hypocrisy and Blackguard are playing every single show, but Ex Deo and Swashbuckle are seemingly randomy playing. Haha

Luckily, i'm seeing them on the 4th and all five bands are playing then. :D

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-16 02:53:41

It's almost as if you planned it!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-16 05:53:12

At the Gates helped with the whole three word band name that's not really a name thing. My Chemical Romance, Bullet for my Valentine. And the lame ass naming a whole song a sentence thing like Panic at the Disco did.

But At the Gates are like the best core band ever. And had the coolest name.

So I like made this video using music from that jam. Wanted to put it on Youtube but it's too long. That's pretty gay.

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-16 09:11:41

Shit man thats a nice lineup, I want to see Hypocrisy and Ensiferum proper bad >:(

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-16 09:45:49

At 11/16/09 05:53 AM, PenisClown wrote: And the lame ass naming a whole song a sentence thing like Panic at the Disco did.

I don't think they did that but It's just really gay. Fucking. Emo fucks.

I'd love to see Hypocrisy but. Meh, Ensiferum.

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-16 11:01:50

At 11/15/09 12:18 PM, greensucksbluerules wrote: It just so happens that Trivium stole riffs from Blinded By Fear.

Meh, it's Trivium, what do you expect? However, I don't know if they stole anything else in Shogun.

At 11/15/09 09:13 PM, PenisClown wrote: But metalcore lost it's edge a while ago, everyone loves deathcore now.

Wow, I guess I do pay enough attention to trendy music. I thought I was completely out of the loop with what's popular these days. Then again, I must have read enough about these genres in here.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-16 14:35:09

Deathcore is crap.
At least with Metalcore you get songs that are catchy. And therefore, vaguely interesting.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-16 14:51:08

At 11/16/09 11:01 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 11/15/09 09:13 PM, PenisClown wrote: But metalcore lost it's edge a while ago, everyone loves deathcore now.
Wow, I guess I do pay enough attention to trendy music. I thought I was completely out of the loop with what's popular these days. Then again, I must have read enough about these genres in here.

Only a few Deathcore bands like Bring Me The Horizon are popular, only a few emocore bands like Simple Plan are popular and only a few NU metal bands like K0RN are popular, most deathcore, emocore and NU metal bands are just as underground as most metal bands.

Metalcore and Screamo however, are just as mainstream and popular as pop(In this day and age, in teenage populaces)

CONCERT FUTURE:

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 20, 2009
$20.00
Marduk
Nachtmystium
Mantic Ritual
Black Anvil
Merrimack

FRIDAY DECEMBER 4, 2009
$25.00
Ensiferum
Hypocrisy
Ex Deo
Blackguard
Swashbuckle

TUESDAY DECEMBER 8, 2009
$15.00
Municipal Waste
Brutal Truth
Phobia
Cauldron

FRIDAY JANUARY 8, 2010
$25.00
Korpiklaani
Tyr
Swashbuckle
White Wizzard

SATURDAY JANUARY 16, 2010
$25.00
Nile
Immolation
Krisiun
Abigail Williams
Dreaming Dead

SATURDAY JANUARY 23, 2010
$25.00
Arch Enemy
Exodus
Arsis
Mutiny Within

SATURDAY JANUARY 30, 2010
$20.00
Epica
Threat Signal
Blackguard

SATURDAY MARCH 6, 2010
$??.??
Hammerfall
Infinite Descent

These are all the shows i'm going to in the future, they are all at the Palladium in my city of Worcester, Mass.

Also, I heard in April/May Sonata Arctica is going on another North America tour with support of Pagan's Mind and Icewind! If this is an actual tour and isn't just a rumour then it'd be fucking amazing to go to.

Symphony X - The Walls Of Babylon(The only great song on Paradise Lost)

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature