00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

369,194 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 09:57:10

Jesus Christ how are you people all such high levels? I've been playing the hell out of this game and i'm just getting to level 22.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 10:32:18

Found another glitch. -.-

One of the walls of the "House of Clan Shatter-Shield" within Windhelm seems to be merely cosmetic. I was sneaking around the walls of the house when I found that I could walk straight through one of them. You can walk through it and be "inside" of the house. Of course, you're not literally in the house and merely stood inside a huge square. There seems to be half a wall missing behind the house so you can get through the house into the outside world. It's not the actual world since you're still supposed to be in Windhelm so all the textures are mostly the same and you can walk through trees and object like bridges don't appear.

It's a bit weird regardless.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 10:35:06

I think you're the third person to post about it (I was the first* smug* ), I'm hoping for amazing dlc, but it's it's just wishful thinking, but I'd be more than happy to pay 1600msp for an area.

Got my first mask, went for the+ 70 stamina one but I was incredibly upset to find it doesn't increase weight capacity..

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 11:11:54

How do you learn a more powerful version of the same enchantment? I disenchanted a ''5 point of fire damage'' enchantment or something like that, and now I have a sword with a 30 point fire damage enchantment, but I can't disenchant it since it's the same thing just stronger.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 11:13:56

Has anyone ever got a random inheritance from some guy you never met? I'm so confused...

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 11:27:56

At 11/26/11 11:11 AM, Jackho wrote: How do you learn a more powerful version of the same enchantment? I disenchanted a ''5 point of fire damage'' enchantment or something like that, and now I have a sword with a 30 point fire damage enchantment, but I can't disenchant it since it's the same thing just stronger.

You're not learning a more powerful version of an enchantment.

What you are learning is an effect from the enchantment. Which may be weaker or stronger than the original enchantment depending on your skill.

Bitches don't know bout my TES knowledge.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 12:56:49

At 11/26/11 11:27 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: What you are learning is an effect from the enchantment. Which may be weaker or stronger than the original enchantment depending on your skill.

Ah, right. I've started enchanting my huge iron dagger collection so my enchanting skill should get pretty high pretty fast.

I encountered my first glitch today when I clipped through the wall of Whiterun. one major glitch in 100 hours is pretty impressive for any game, especially a bethesda game.

But anyway, with no way to get back inside I was stuck in the low-res world and decided to head south since this probably wasn't going to happen again any time soon. In a surprisingly short amount of time I reached ''cyrodiil'' and got to see the shitty low-res White Gold Tower for myself, I may head over to Morrowind from here.

I'd post a screenshot but I'm playing the Xbox version which still doesn't have a screenshot function since Microsoft sucks(so yeah it's possible to get down there on consoles if you were wondering). If you ever clip through the floor you might want to try it for yourself.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 13:37:06

At 11/26/11 09:27 AM, GHOST-KILLA wrote: Im level 38 with 90 hours playing time.

The FPS drop/Lag that im getting is ridiculous at the moment in most city or new places i have explored. Its getting really bad though almost unplayable at times.. Im on the PS3.. never had problems like this before

Anyone else getting this? Anyway to fix it? and why am i only getting it now.. is it because im higher level done stuff got more stuff etc..

I've been getting that as well while playing the game for several hours straight with no breaks.

Though, I've found a temporary fix for it:

- Save your game
- Quit the game
- Go back to the PS Dashboard
- Go on Skyrim
- Go back into the game

So far that's been working for me and it's allowed me to play the game with no sudden frame drop.

Hope it works for you. :)

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 13:39:45

At 11/26/11 01:36 PM, Crink wrote: also, i found the ebony blade. it says it powers up on the blood of the deceit; to kill two birds with one stone, i shall kill my bitch wife to get MAX POWER

I tried killing my wife (Camilla) with the Ebony Blade but I don't think it did anything to it. It's still the same with no added bonuses. Am I doing something wrong? :(

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 13:54:34

At 11/26/11 01:39 PM, Tycrane wrote: I tried killing my wife (Camilla) with the Ebony Blade but I don't think it did anything to it. It's still the same with no added bonuses. Am I doing something wrong? :(

You need to kill at least two people to power it up. Also it only powers up the life leech enchantment, the actual sword's damage stays the same.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 14:24:28

Many PS3 players are experiencing the lag when playing for an extended period of time. I usually just restart my PS3 when it does it, and it's all good. Though I did read somewhere that Bethesda is releasing a patch for all versions of the game soon.

About the Cyrodiil and Morrowind thing: I really hope Bethesda publicly addresses that, even if it's just "No comment" I just want them to acknowledge it. There's no way we're going to get to re-explore both provinces fully, but I don't see why they couldn't have DLC allowing us to at least venture in a little bit. The Empire is a huge part of this game, and Morrowind is mentioned quite a lot, as it has recently been partly destroyed by the eruption of Red Mountain. Going past the borders would make for some awesome new adventures.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 14:29:25

Got Skyrim on Friday (at same damn price, so yeah, I basically wasted a week of waiting). Couldn't be more pleased with it, I have to say I use to hate 3rd person combat in Oblivion, but now, hell yeah, I love fighting in 3rd person.

I'm a Dark Elf, mostly a one-hand melee guy with Destruction magic and Bow. So basically I've got a triple threat going on here, although, I always use one handed blades and switch out with bow and magic depending on whether I can get a drop on the enemy or not. Of course I'm also attempting to level up my sneak so when I sneak attack with the bow it actually does something. Although, I'm only a level 5. The game looks amazing, love the look of the enviroment and my character? He looks like a badass. One of my favorite reasons for wanting to play in 3rd person is to simply watch my character kick some ass. Skyrim has not failed to live up to my expectations.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 14:40:35

I like the Skyrim marital process.

Step 1: Attain possession of amulet of Mara.
Step 2: Find woman who has ladyboners for you.
Step 3: "I like you, too." "Then it's settled, we'll be married."
Step 4: Tell a strange hooded man with a mustache you're getting married.
Step 5: Have wedding ceremony in front of multiple strangers and maybe 1 person you actually know.
Step 6: Wife moves into your house and stays there forever, and if you regret your choices you have to commit homicide.

It's like Vegas without all the cheap wine and crying.

Speaking of weddings, at mine the only person I knew was my old follower Breylana from the winterhold college. She was staring at my wife with the hatred of all the people who shop at Hot Topic combined. I always knew she wanted to be more than my follower.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 14:54:18

At 11/26/11 07:19 AM, Dromedary wrote: Is there any way to make kill sequences more frequent? I only get one in like 1/20 kills.

You can do it in the console, if you have it on PC.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 16:03:32

At 11/26/11 10:23 AM, LoliTastic wrote: I'm level 22.
Did you guys hear about the cyrodill and morrowind land mass in Skyrim?

Link for people who don't know.

and here's the guys tumblr
http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/131451435 04/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-sk yrim

Yeah, I think I linked that around here a while ago. It's pretty epic and having that for DLC would be awesome. I would purchase the shit out of it.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 16:51:57

Completed main quest line, took me a little over 40 hours total, felt it was too short, gonna complete thieves guild, mages school and companions guild. Then I'll sell it and halo anniversary for Saints Row 3...

it's been a good run, GOTY

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 19:20:48

At 11/26/11 06:57 PM, Crink wrote:
mai new waifu, muirifu~

You can tell from the fear in her eyes that she knows what you did, and she knows you'll eventually try to do the same to her. Kill her before she kills you.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 19:45:03

At 11/26/11 06:57 PM, Crink wrote: mai new waifu, muirifu~

Have you done the dark brotherhood questline yet?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 20:40:15

A page or so ago, a user remarked that the game was better when they didn't fast-travel. I have to agree with him, as I saw so much and experienced a lot of stuff that was very enjoyable. I ran into a trio of "Imperial Soldiers" who wanted me to pay a toll, but I saw through their masks and promptly killed them. Then I met an Argonian who attacked me for no reason whatsoever, leaving a flabbergasted old orc in his wake. I spoke with the orc, who wanted a good death, and gave him what he wanted. Near a wood mill I fought a Kajhitt (Feline) assassin and found a note related to the Dark Brotherhood, which I was going to Windhelm to investigate. I am currently level 62, and I have yet to touch magic outside of conjuring.

I met the Dark Brotherhood and I have just been christened as... someone special. Also, Nazir is voiced by the same person who did Three-Dog? I was expecting him to howl at some point, so I hope I assumed right...

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 20:50:42

I've done it. I've finally done it. 125 hours and I have completed all of the quest lines, and all of the side quests.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 20:50:54

At 11/26/11 08:40 PM, majormario wrote: A page or so ago, a user remarked that the game was better when they didn't fast-travel. I have to agree with him.

That was me, middle of this page, and I'm glad you agree. If I fast-travel, I don't feel like I'm having as much fun. I tried to not fast-travel in Oblivion, but found it boring, as Oblivion didn't have the random events Skyrim does. I feel like not fast-traveling is almost mandatory to get the full experience of this game.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 20:53:58

Wait no, that was last page. Not important but I feel the need to correct myself.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 21:01:56

At 11/26/11 08:53 PM, hitman1993 wrote: Wait no, that was last page. Not important but I feel the need to correct myself.

Ah well thank you for pointing out how enjoyable it was. In Fallout 3 I couldn't be bothered to run all the way to my destinations because other than the ruins of some interesting structures, all I saw was white, grey, and brown. In Skyrim, there are lush forests and glimmering pools of water, and I have to say I was overwhelmed by it all when I got my hands on the game. This definitely deserves GOTY, with Deus Ex: HR as a notable mention.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 21:17:24

At 11/26/11 09:57 AM, DirtyMeatball wrote: Jesus Christ how are you people all such high levels? I've been playing the hell out of this game and i'm just getting to level 22.

It's very easy to level up, I've got 40 hours playtime and I'm Level 43.

Level 100 Smithing, Sneak, Conjuring, Speech, Enchanting, Archery.

Almost Level 100 Restoration, Heavy Armour.

I'm a grindwhore, thanks to Pokemon.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 21:20:55

Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 21:45:21

I'm starting to think that Whiterun is haunted. First a man starts multiplying near the stables, then Hadvar stalks me repeatedly sheating and drawing his weapon, and now there's Hagraven breathing in my house, COMING FROM THE WALLS. And from some reason there's a goblet in the middle of my room, that reappears there no matter how many times I move it somewhere else.

Although, I'm kind of starting to suspect Lydia. She keeps telling me how she's my shield and stuff, but the only thing she ever does in sit in my room and eat bread. She even let the Dark Brotherhood kidnap me from my bed.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 21:53:57

At 11/26/11 09:39 PM, Cootie wrote: Damn, so you are done with the game huh?

Not at all. I didn't really touch magic (well, aside for what little you had to do in the College) with this character, so next I'm going to play through the game as a mage. That alone should keep me busy for another 125 hours.

And I still have a couple of achievements to get, so I'm not really done with my current character either.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 22:36:20

60 hours in, level 40, and I just completed the Main Quest. However, I haven't started the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, some other quests, haven't found all the shouts yet...oh yeah another 60 hours to go!

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-26 23:11:32

Finn's Lute, eh? What is this, an Adventure Time joke? Probably not, but that would be amazing if it belonged to a boy dressed in blue and a white hood with a dog named Jake. Please let that be true.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-27 01:41:53

At 11/26/11 09:39 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 11/26/11 08:50 PM, desert116 wrote: I've done it. I've finally done it. 125 hours and I have completed all of the quest lines, and all of the side quests.
Damn, so you are done with the game huh? Have you cleared out all of the dungeons? I guess there is still DLC left for you.

There's still DLC and playing it again as a different race/playstyle.

BBS Signature