00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

hyperheartcom just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

369,708 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-12 18:29:41

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-12 19:51:46

Attacked Uthgerd the Unbroken for free Steel Plate Armor at level 5 in a cellar in a shack in the woods.

1000 bounty added to Whiterun.

She dies.

Last witness killed. 1000 bounty removed from Whiterun

Go back to Whiterun, guards attack, can't yield, last save too far back, all autosaves too recent.

Fuck. I just made this character now I can't even go back to Whiterun.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-13 09:36:53

Can anyone please explain to me why the women are so fucking ugly in this game?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-13 09:43:25

At 1/13/12 09:36 AM, Ryan wrote: Can anyone please explain to me why the women are so fucking ugly in this game?

It's a Bethesda tradition.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-13 12:02:17

At 1/13/12 09:36 AM, Ryan wrote: Can anyone please explain to me why the women are so fucking ugly in this game?

How dare you insult my love!

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-13 15:22:15

They look like super models compared to Oblivion. But on another note, are you implying that you regret not being attracted to fictional characters?

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-13 17:38:22

Too much eyeliner and bookshelf-eye sockets are common symptoms of being poor and living in cold climate.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-14 14:27:20

Managed to make myself some Legendary Daedra armor. Went around dispatching enemies with ease. Decided to take one one of those dragon priests. Come up to a coffin and a Draugr comes out. Thinking it was just coming to be a weak one I decided to fight. Suddenly I see the words *death overload* and freak. Before I could react it sends me flying with a fus ro dah and knocks me to the ground. 2 hits from it later and it kills me. I stared in awe at the screen for 30 seconds thinking what the fuck just happened to me.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-14 14:33:10

At 1/14/12 02:27 PM, FurryFox wrote: Managed to make myself some Legendary Daedra armor. Went around dispatching enemies with ease. Decided to take one one of those dragon priests. Come up to a coffin and a Draugr comes out. Thinking it was just coming to be a weak one I decided to fight. Suddenly I see the words *death overload* and freak. Before I could react it sends me flying with a fus ro dah and knocks me to the ground. 2 hits from it later and it kills me. I stared in awe at the screen for 30 seconds thinking what the fuck just happened to me.

You know you can still access your item menu while knocked down right?

Also, it's nice to be good at conjuration, your summoned buddies can distract the bastard while you regain footing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-14 14:40:02

At 1/14/12 02:33 PM, animehater wrote:
Also, it's nice to be good at conjuration, your summoned buddies can distract the bastard while you regain footing.

I actually had a summon at the ready. Though I still wasn't expecting to be dead in just 2 hits from it.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-14 15:07:36

Seriously, fuck Morokei. Anyone have a good strategy to beat him? I'm lvl 13 at the moment.

New tune: Yag

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-14 16:12:52

I have a Nord character named justin lvl 45,A dark elf named shadow lvl like 5,and a breton named alice lvl 2.lol...i usually jus play my nord

pOsSoM2

XBL Gamertag-JustinEverlast

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-14 16:14:49

At 1/14/12 03:07 PM, Syztm wrote: Seriously, fuck Morokei. Anyone have a good strategy to beat him? I'm lvl 13 at the moment.

He was fun to kill. I just stealthily used by bow on him from a ledge one of his followers were on and whenever he went looking for me I just jumped off the ledge and hid until he went back into position. Did it repeatedly until he finally died.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-14 16:26:20

At 1/14/12 04:14 PM, animehater wrote:
At 1/14/12 03:07 PM, Syztm wrote:

He was fun to kill. I just stealthily used by bow on him from a ledge one of his followers were on and whenever he went looking for me I just jumped off the ledge and hid until he went back into position. Did it repeatedly until he finally died.

I did the same exact shit it works

pOsSoM2

XBL Gamertag-JustinEverlast

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-14 16:36:53

At 1/14/12 04:14 PM, animehater wrote:
At 1/14/12 03:07 PM, Syztm wrote: Seriously, fuck Morokei. Anyone have a good strategy to beat him? I'm lvl 13 at the moment.

Thanks, I'll try that. Sounds like that method will probably take half an hour, but oh well. At least I'll get a cool staff :D

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-14 21:41:13

Don't use Atronarchs as he can turn them against you and since he's undead, you should use Fire spells and fire enchanted weapons. He also uses a lot of lightning spells so make sure to have something that improves shock resistance. I.e potions or armor.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-14 22:33:29

I don't know if you have the hiltskin power, but it really helps. I just used that and wailed on him with my glass warhammer, which worked out pretty well for me.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 00:13:10

About some of the ores in the game what are some real life examples to ebony and some of the strange titled ones?

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 00:16:04

At 1/14/12 04:14 PM, animehater wrote: He was fun to kill. I just stealthily used by bow on him from a ledge one of his followers were on and whenever he went looking for me I just jumped off the ledge and hid until he went back into position. Did it repeatedly until he finally died.

I walked up to him and stuck him with the pointy end.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 06:02:23

Okay, so I managed to beat him by just hiding behind a pillar and firing arrows at him, since he just wailed from left to right the entire time, not doing anything. Whatever, at least that shit is over with. Thanks for the tips :)

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 06:52:47

At 1/15/12 12:13 AM, ToddM wrote: About some of the ores in the game what are some real life examples to ebony and some of the strange titled ones?

I don't think Ebony even exists.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 09:04:35

At 1/15/12 08:59 AM, Cootie wrote: What would you say that the most useless skills in the game are? Probably speech and pickpocketing. Having a silver tongue won't save you from a blade, and you can get everything you need without picking pockets. The rest of the Thief skills are dope though.

Meh, it's pretty cool to buy expensive shit from merchants and then steal the money back :P. As for speech, I guess it's only nice to get discounts, that's it.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 12:58:48

At 1/15/12 08:55 AM, Yrtnej wrote:
At 1/15/12 06:52 AM, Dromedary wrote:
At 1/15/12 12:13 AM, ToddM wrote: About some of the ores in the game what are some real life examples to ebony and some of the strange titled ones?
I don't think Ebony even exists.
Ebony exists, but it's a dense wood instead of a metal.

Yeah I meant in the form of ore, like he was asking about.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 13:19:28

At 1/15/12 09:17 AM, Cootie wrote: Hopefully these are the skills that Bethesda puts some more work into next time

You mean like hiring Obsidian to flesh out one of their games again?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 14:45:39

At 1/15/12 08:59 AM, Cootie wrote: What would you say that the most useless skills in the game are? Probably speech and pickpocketing. Having a silver tongue won't save you from a blade, and you can get everything you need without picking pockets. The rest of the Thief skills are dope though.

Sneak is so overpowered that renders the game boring if mastered.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 16:22:31

At 1/15/12 02:45 PM, kisame wrote:
At 1/15/12 08:59 AM, Cootie wrote:
Sneak is so overpowered that renders the game boring if mastered.
It is pretty powerful once you get to 100 and unlock the Shadow Warrior perk. You can pretty much just sneak and then turn into a puff of smoke and slit anyone persons neck that you so please.

It's so powerful it renders the combat engine useless.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 17:26:06

At 1/15/12 01:19 PM, kmau wrote:
At 1/15/12 09:17 AM, Cootie wrote: Hopefully these are the skills that Bethesda puts some more work into next time
You mean like hiring Obsidian to flesh out one of their games again?

No. Never again. New Vegas was a glitchy, boring, piece of shit game and I'm glad i ripped the disk in two when I did. I will never waste money on a game created by them again. NEVER AGAIN!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 17:30:36

At 1/15/12 05:26 PM, animehater wrote:

New Vegas was a glitchy, boring, piece of shit game and I'm glad i ripped the disk in two when I did.

Hahaha you could've sold it at Gamestop.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-15 17:40:16

At 1/15/12 05:30 PM, kmau wrote: Hahaha you could've sold it at Gamestop.

No I couldn't have. New vegas wasn't some game that can be handed in for money or store credit, it was a fucking demon that needed to be destroyed.

Not all was lost though, after that dissapointment I went looking for another RPG to play to get my fix, I eventually ran into Oblivion, and that's when I fell in love with the Elder Scrolls. Kind of sad though how I had more fun from a game released in 2006 than I ever did with Fallout New Vegas, which was released in 2010.

BBS Signature