00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

snoozerzz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

368,943 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-24 04:13:00

Well this is akward.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-24 07:56:12

At 11/23/11 08:00 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: My redguard laughs at your actually paying for iron ingots.

That gold was just lying around anyway. :P However, I could do with paying very little attention to smithing for the time being and let things build up again.

At 11/23/11 04:58 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: There are plains and forests, but everywhere you turn you'll at least see snow and snowy mountains in the distance. And I'd guess around half of the cities in the game are covered in snow, and if they're not they have a very gritty nordic feel to them (Save one or two cities of course).

Indeed. I feel like I've seen so little of plains and forests in Skyrim. Mind you, I still have a few major cities to explore so hopefully they change my mind. While I don't mind the snowy environments, when I see it almost everywhere, it all seems white and rather colourless.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-24 12:35:09

At 11/24/11 08:05 AM, tyler2513 wrote: Also, does anybody else get scared by the kid assassin from the dark brotherhood?

I stopped thinking of her as a kid after a while, so not really.
She's like 300 years old or something anyway.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-24 13:29:01

Overdosed on Skyrim. Which is good, considering I won't be able to play it for a few weeks.

Still nothing has blown me away. I hear Blackreach is amazing but I haven't found it yet, and thus far every side quest seems to have a lot of potential but falls short. I was pumped about the Pale Lady quest but it was pretty mediocre, despite being different from the typical caves or ruins.

And who the fuck thought it was a good idea not to include an arena? WHY, BETHESDA. WHY.

Good people of the Imperial City, WELCOME, TO THE ARENA!

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-24 15:13:05

HI guys I just got Oblivion.

I am a vagina cleaner. My Steam

In world god make every thing. Therefore God can't deid. -calvinmark

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-24 15:34:04

Guys, help me out here. I have a level 30 Imperial, I've completed the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Companions, a few Stormcloak quests, and I'm halfway through the main quest. But... I don't feel like playing this character anymore. It's not the game, it's the character. At this point, I feel like I'm only playing him because I feel obligated to. I can't just throw away 50 hours of game time with him, can I?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-24 15:40:29

At 11/24/11 03:34 PM, hitman1993 wrote: I can't just throw away 50 hours of game time with him, can I?

What's to say you have to throw them away? Just keep the save file and start a new character. That way, you get your old character and a new one to spend another 50 hours playing with!

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-24 16:44:24

Now collecting Sweet Rolls all over Skyrim...they look so yummy.

Also, just got an artifact from Morrowind...well that brought back some memories.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-24 17:39:02

Despite how AMAZING this game is, there are so many things I don't like about it.
Where's the Arena? Fighting in the arena was so awesome!
In Oblivion, encumbrance kept you from moving. In Fallout 3, you could move but not run or jump. In Skyrim, you can move and jump, but you can't run. It seems like encumbrance will just disappear eventually.
What happened to needing to fence stuff in the thieves guild? That made is more fun IMO.
Why were classes removed? I thought the variety of classes and the ability to make your own class was very cool.
The character menu just seems... oddly organized. Why do I have to look at the magic menu to see what positive and negative effects I have?

There are some other complaints I have but those are just the biggest ones.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-24 17:52:20

I quite like not having classes, now even though I'm a warrior I can still be awesome at magic.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-24 20:03:57

Is anyone else getting a glitch when after you talk to Esbern in the Ratway Warrens he speeds through all the text and after he says he will open the doot for you he just stands there doing nothing. I got another quest from Brynjolf should i do that in hope of it fixing itself. I tried going back a save or two but that didnt work either.

I am lovin' me some Retro Haze .

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-24 20:09:12

At 11/24/11 08:03 PM, twistex wrote: Is anyone else getting a glitch when after you talk to Esbern in the Ratway Warrens he speeds through all the text and after he says he will open the doot for you he just stands there doing nothing. I got another quest from Brynjolf should i do that in hope of it fixing itself. I tried going back a save or two but that didnt work either.

That glitch is fucking a lot of people up. Are you on PC? I managed to fix it after watching this video.

If you're on a console, then I have no idea.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-24 20:14:55

At 11/24/11 08:09 PM, MiroDK wrote:
At 11/24/11 08:03 PM, twistex wrote: Is anyone else getting a glitch when after you talk to Esbern in the Ratway Warrens he speeds through all the text and after he says he will open the doot for you he just stands there doing nothing. I got another quest from Brynjolf should i do that in hope of it fixing itself. I tried going back a save or two but that didnt work either.
That glitch is fucking a lot of people up. Are you on PC? I managed to fix it after watching this video.

I tried that but it wouldnt run off the desktop. It would ask me to teminate the program, could my firewall be preventing it?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-24 20:21:46

At 11/24/11 08:14 PM, twistex wrote: I tried that but it wouldnt run off the desktop. It would ask me to teminate the program, could my firewall be preventing it?

Maybe, but I can't really help you since I'm pretty clueless, it worked on my first try.

Try reading through the comments and see if anyone else is having the same problem.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-24 20:35:33

At 11/24/11 08:14 PM, twistex wrote:
At 11/24/11 08:09 PM, MiroDK wrote:

I tried that but it wouldnt run off the desktop. It would ask me to teminate the program, could my firewall be preventing it?

I'm not sure what quest that is, but if a locked door is the only issue, hit the tilde~ key, click the door, and then type "unlock" and it will be unlocked for you.
I'm not sure if Esbern is supposed to follow you or anything though. If he's not, then you're good to go. If he is, he might start doing what he's supposed to do once the door unlocks, I'm not sure.

If he actually has to go through the door with you, try taking manual control over him by clicking him with the console open, and typing "tc", then just walk through the door as him. Type "tc" again to bring back his regular AI.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-24 20:40:59

Fuckin' stormcloaks, always trying to raid my cities and shit.

Can't wait to do the raiding on my second playthrough!

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-24 21:17:19

At 11/24/11 05:39 PM, POTaTOS wrote: Why were classes removed? I thought the variety of classes and the ability to make your own class was very cool.
At 11/24/11 05:52 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: I quite like not having classes, now even though I'm a warrior I can still be awesome at magic.

I think what people are forgetting is that in previous games you could still level up skills that aren't your class's skills. Your "class" in Skyrim is determined by you, by how you play the game, just like it was in previous games. The difference now is that the only skills that get starting bonuses are the ones determined by your race, and all skills level equally. All a class in TES is is how you play the game. It's no different in Skyrim.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 00:40:35

Its an easy fix for the glitch were Esbern doesnt open the door for you. Just leave that sectoin then return and the door will be open.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 07:37:10

At 11/24/11 05:39 PM, POTaTOS wrote: Why were classes removed? I thought the variety of classes and the ability to make your own class was very cool.

Because the class skills have all been put in. Make use of a skill, it gets better. Want to focus on being a sneaky daggery thief? Do that and Sneak and One Handed Weapons will increase in skill. Get bored of that? Switch to Destruction spells and fire Firebolts at things to make that better.

It's streamlined the experience, you will get better at what you choose to do, no class restrictions to get in the way when you realise, 10 hours in, that you kinda hate the magic system.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 07:38:14

At 11/25/11 07:22 AM, Jawdyn wrote: More cabbages.

That's epic! Console code or legitimately hoarding cabbages?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 07:42:54

At 11/25/11 07:38 AM, Idocreating wrote: That's epic! Console code or legitimately hoarding cabbages?

I was wondering the same thing, especially since I thought you played on Xbox, Jawdyn.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 08:08:30

Did you find a duping glitch? I want my house filled with sweet rolls!

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 08:40:10

I can stop abusing the smithing system now since I have reached level 100 for it. Levelling up will be a lot slower from now on.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 10:40:45

At 11/25/11 08:08 AM, mrpwnzer wrote:
Did you find a duping glitch? I want my house filled with sweet rolls!

No glitch, just console commands. Or have you made the silly mistake of buying the console version?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 10:43:08

At 11/24/11 05:39 PM, POTaTOS wrote: Despite how AMAZING this game is, there are so many things I don't like about it.
Where's the Arena? Fighting in the arena was so awesome!
In Oblivion, encumbrance kept you from moving. In Fallout 3, you could move but not run or jump. In Skyrim, you can move and jump, but you can't run. It seems like encumbrance will just disappear eventually.
What happened to needing to fence stuff in the thieves guild? That made is more fun IMO.
Why were classes removed? I thought the variety of classes and the ability to make your own class was very cool.
The character menu just seems... oddly organized. Why do I have to look at the magic menu to see what positive and negative effects I have?

There are some other complaints I have but those are just the biggest ones.

The classes were horrible in Oblivion. There were skills that just took ages to level (destruction) or weren't very useful at all (archery). Then there were skills like Illusion, Alchemy and Alteration which were quick and easy to level.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 10:44:31

At 11/25/11 08:40 AM, Bahamut wrote: I can stop abusing the smithing system now since I have reached level 100 for it. Levelling up will be a lot slower from now on.

The big question is; which do you prefer the look of - Daedric or Dragon armour?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 11:37:11

At 11/24/11 08:03 PM, twistex wrote:
Is anyone else getting a glitch when after you talk to Esbern in the Ratway Warrens he speeds through all the text and after he says he will open the doot for you he just stands there doing nothing. I got another quest from Brynjolf should i do that in hope of it fixing itself. I tried going back a save or two but that didnt work either.

I was having the same problem earlier in this thread,and MicroDK gave me this link. It ought to fix the problem.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 11:43:16

At 11/25/11 11:37 AM, DirtyMeatball wrote:
I was having the same problem earlier in this thread,and MicroDK gave me this link. It ought to fix the problem.

Oh woops, I didn't see he already replied to you. Still, do that, it'll fix it.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 11:57:41

Kind of unrelated, but I just had to share this.

New tune: Yag

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-25 13:22:57

OH MY GOD IT'S SPREADING

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature