00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

1amghost just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

368,002 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-27 18:18:23

At 11/27/11 05:54 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I'm almost positive it said something about hot-keying at some point in the tutorial.. however, I'm not gonna create a new character just to confirm that. Either way, now you know!

I'm sure it didn't. I found out about it when I tried to change the controls and it told me the left and right D-pad buttons were ''reserved'', and then looked at the manual to see what they actually do. I never actually use the feature though, since the Xbox's crappy d-pad resulted in a lot of accidental weapon changing. Plus I still think the idea of a favourite system I posted several pages ago is much better.

On a somewhat related note, was anyone else disappointed with how pathetic the manual is? It doesn't really matter, but I sort of expect my RPGs to have chunky manuals. I guess the awesome textured map makes up for it though.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-27 19:25:41

That mannequin in the house you bought? Don't ever turn your back on it.

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-27 19:37:06

At 11/27/11 07:25 PM, Obvious-M wrote: That mannequin in the house you bought? Don't ever turn your back on it.

oh god

I want a house with mannequins, but not those mannequins.

...So, are there any houses besides the one in Riften that have mannequins in them?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-27 19:43:27

Tyler, the level cap is 81..

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-27 19:44:21

At 11/27/11 07:37 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: ...So, are there any houses besides the one in Riften that have mannequins in them?

All houses, except the one in Whiterun, have at least 1 mannequin.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-27 20:02:20

At 11/27/11 07:44 PM, desert116 wrote:
At 11/27/11 07:37 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: ...So, are there any houses besides the one in Riften that have mannequins in them?
All houses, except the one in Whiterun, have at least 1 mannequin.

Yeah, I would buy the only house without any in it. Welp, Solitude is out of the question because I killed 3 people and escaped jail from there and they're still looking for me, so I guess i'm going to Windhelm or Markarth.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-27 20:12:28

Sorry Tyler, your wording was a little awkward and I thought that you were implying it was 40, my bad

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-27 20:33:31

Never ask Dovahkiin to give speeches.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-27 20:36:01

At 11/27/11 07:25 PM, Obvious-M wrote: That mannequin in the house you bought? Don't ever turn your back on it.

DON'T.... BLINK!

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-27 21:03:22

I broke 100 hours gameplay earlier, felt pretty good.

Finished the main quest, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, College of Winterhold and the Civil War. I still have quite a lot to be getting done and I'm not nearly bored of the game yet.

Unfortunately I only have 4 achievements left, two of which I'm sure I'll be getting soon, another (the 1000 bounty in the 9 holds), I can do whenever I please because I'm not going to get that by conincidence, and the other which I'm glad they put in, to get 15 Daedric Artifacts, which should take me some time I hope. For some reason after I get all the achievements in a game I lose some sort of want to play it. It sounds silly but I'm worried it might happen with Skyrim, like it did on Oblivion. It's pretty doubtful I will, because I've never enjoyed a game so much for so long.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-27 21:34:40

How do i get arrows out of me when they are stuck? i have been playing all week and now have a noticable amount of arrows pertruding everywhere from my body. how do i fix it?

legend, skyrim player, original "arrow to the knee" keyboard art creator

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-27 22:29:12

At 11/27/11 09:34 PM, kittenguy1 wrote: How do i get arrows out of me when they are stuck? i have been playing all week and now have a noticable amount of arrows pertruding everywhere from my body. how do i fix it?

The only way that I know of on consoles is to turn into a werewolf.
On PC if you do the sex change command it removes them.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-28 03:48:54

Skyrim is my bitch im the head of all the fucking guilds i beat the main quests i helped the stormcloaks beat the empire, my destructions at 100 and being a werewolf is fucking gay. Basically im the king of got damn skyrim

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD

SOUNDCLOUD|FACEBOOK|TWITTER|

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD IS RELEASING A MIXTAPE FEBRUARY ENTITLED "HIGH KING KUNG FU GOD"

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-28 08:41:27

At 11/27/11 05:02 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Reading the instruction manual would've told you that right from the get-go. Just as you can hotkey stuff on PC by hitting a number key on an item while in the favorites menu.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

asdgdgsggsdsd

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-28 11:43:49

At 11/28/11 03:48 AM, peanutbutterclawk wrote: Skyrim is my bitch im the head of all the fucking guilds i beat the main quests i helped the stormcloaks beat the empire, my destructions at 100 and being a werewolf is fucking gay. Basically im the king of got damn skyrim

I'm trying to get destruction to 100, it's fucking boring.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-28 13:33:52

Patch 1.2 release notes

- Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
- Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
- Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
- Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
- Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player's wedding dead
- Dragon corpses now clean up properly
- Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
- Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
- Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
- Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
- Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
- Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
- ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
- Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
- General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-28 13:36:02

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-28 14:13:37

At 11/28/11 01:33 PM, desert116 wrote: Patch 1.2 release notes

- Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)

By the Nine Divines, that is great. I'm getting tired of resetting my PS3 every couple hours.

At 11/28/11 01:36 PM, POTaTOS wrote: What does this have to do with stopping the dragons?

There's pages for Alduin, Paarthunax. Odahviing and Dovahkiin that I saw and apparently they know how to speak the dragon tongue. I don't even-

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-28 14:51:20

At 11/27/11 05:15 PM, Crink wrote: here's a picture i drew of mr sparkles

I drew my Skyrim character for a school assignment, although I don't feel like scanning it right now.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-28 15:14:46

By the way guys, PS3 update is out now and it's a big one.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-28 15:33:54

At 11/28/11 01:33 PM, desert116 wrote: Patch 1.2 release notes
- Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player's wedding dead

Nord weddings are a little rough, yeah?

I've been trying to refrain from posting in this thread for some reason, but I can't help but proclaim my love for Skyrim.

I want to stand naked on rooftops and sing songs of my virtual adventures to passersby.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-28 15:47:46

At 11/28/11 01:33 PM, desert116 wrote: - Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack

Rare? All of these have happened to me multiple times.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-28 16:11:45

At 11/28/11 03:47 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 11/28/11 01:33 PM, desert116 wrote: - Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
Rare? All of these have happened to me multiple times.

I encountered a two of them a couple of times and I rarely experience the glitches most people complain about with Bethesda games. I never enchanted weapons and armor so I didn't have to deal with the second one.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-28 17:38:07

At 11/28/11 11:43 AM, simon wrote:
At 11/28/11 03:48 AM, peanutbutterclawk wrote: Skyrim is my bitch im the head of all the fucking guilds i beat the main quests i helped the stormcloaks beat the empire, my destructions at 100 and being a werewolf is fucking gay. Basically im the king of got damn skyrim
I'm trying to get destruction to 100, it's fucking boring.

Yeah you have to do this bullshit quest if you want the master spells too

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD

SOUNDCLOUD|FACEBOOK|TWITTER|

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD IS RELEASING A MIXTAPE FEBRUARY ENTITLED "HIGH KING KUNG FU GOD"

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-28 21:49:48

Am I the only one has had almost zero issues with bugs playing Skyrim? I've clocked in over 50 hours and I've only seen some minor graphical glitches, but definitely nothing that made me have to reload a save like people are talking about. I'm playing the 360 version by the way.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-28 23:01:34

At 11/28/11 09:49 PM, CrownedCrow wrote: Am I the only one has had almost zero issues with bugs playing Skyrim? I've clocked in over 50 hours and I've only seen some minor graphical glitches, but definitely nothing that made me have to reload a save like people are talking about. I'm playing the 360 version by the way.

I also play the 360 and the only glitches I've encountered was the invisible dragon priest mask, and that was pretty cool in a way.

I'm the invisible man!

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-28 23:05:07

Just thought I'd share, I helped that guy at the Riften stables that had the debt with Sapphire, and while he was giving me the reward, I forgot the exact quote, but he was saying something along the lines of "Thanks! Here, take this, I don't need to live in fear anymo-"

And then a dragon just showed up out of nowhere, and burned him alive. Am I an asshole for laughing?

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-29 06:57:01

At 11/29/11 03:13 AM, Cootie wrote: Fought the hardest enemy that I have fought in a long time with one of the dragon priest. Damn, I am very well equipped, but he kicked my ass up and down the mountain. Maybe come back for this guy in around 10 levels.

What was his name? Krosis? Also, what does that word/name mean, because I've heard Parth say that a few times, but it seems that he uses it as a curse.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-29 10:43:24

At 11/29/11 06:57 AM, majormario wrote: What was his name? Krosis? Also, what does that word/name mean, because I've heard Parth say that a few times, but it seems that he uses it as a curse.

According to the elder scrolls wiki it means sorrow.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-29 11:48:43

At 11/29/11 10:43 AM, djack wrote:
At 11/29/11 06:57 AM, majormario wrote: What was his name? Krosis? Also, what does that word/name mean, because I've heard Parth say that a few times, but it seems that he uses it as a curse.
According to the elder scrolls wiki it means sorrow.

BOO! Fuck Wikia.
Use this Wiki:
http://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dragon_Languag e