00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Broken Medals Thread

119,540 Views | 1,305 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

At 7/2/16 12:49 PM, HerbieG wrote: To @ErnieTheMighty:
I just played this game and the medals for becoming the Balloon King and Balloon Emperor showed up without any problems, also somebody earned the first one 10 days ago, so AFTER your problems occurred.
Try to attach all the other medals back and check what will happen.
Recently Adobe released the 22 version of the Flash Player, it could be an issue with 21.

Duuude! That's great! I'll re-add the medals ASAP in a couple of minutes. :) Max 1 hour. On it!

Edit(5 minutes later:D ): Medals are back!

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-07-05 21:41:16

Final medal is not possible to get because after you kill the final boss the game just sits there, not progressing at all and there's nothing to do, and also no medal.

The last three medals aren't possible to obtain because once you get to the chicken you're supposed to press space to continue but spacebar does nothing. Doesn't work in Firefox or Chrome.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-07-09 19:06:33

Only one medal in a game called Hungry Gamers is attainable... the rest are not..

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-07-09 19:21:56

At 7/9/16 07:06 PM, CommandantSatarn wrote: Only one medal in a game called Hungry Gamers is attainable... the rest are not..

I assure you that all those medals ARE obtainable, it is only the fact that the "game" is tricky as hell :-)
Also keep in mind the date when it was submitted.

Русский военный корабль, иди нахуй!

And release [the Leopards-done] ATACMS & F-16s!

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-07-16 21:31:34

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-07-17 02:34:58

At 7/16/16 09:31 PM, NeonSpider wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/595568
None of the medals work.

They work for me. Or at least the first one does.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-07-17 03:49:18

At 7/17/16 02:34 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 7/16/16 09:31 PM, NeonSpider wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/595568
None of the medals work.
They work for me. Or at least the first one does.

Oh that is annoying as *Hell*

So the medals do work but you won't get any medals unless you click "New game" at the very start. Merely clicking "Play" and playing through the *entire* game getting everything and you receive no medals.

What kind of retarded backwards "logic" is this?

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-08-15 11:21:51

At 8/15/16 07:47 AM, HerbieG wrote: I posted info about these games 2 months ago, so it is time for a reminder, because these games/medals in them were not fixed:

Did you message any of the authors by chance?

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-08-15 11:30:25

At 8/15/16 11:21 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 8/15/16 07:47 AM, HerbieG wrote: I posted info about these games 2 months ago, so it is time for a reminder, because these games/medals in them were not fixed:
Did you message any of the authors by chance?

Yes, I always do it before posting a game to the thread, no response from anybody. Looks like they left Newgrounds and left their games as well.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-08-16 13:01:28

Hi. I'm getting a bunch of messages saying that the medals aren't working for my game

At first I thought it had something to do with the fact that the game is still "Under Judgement" (I can understand why games which are in this mode wouldn't have working medals since it would be easy to game the medal/exp system by releasing low-quality games that just give you the exp). However, I can't seem to find anything in the FAQs or the documentation about this, which makes me think that I may have done something wrong.

I've been using the NG.js script created by Nutcasenightmare (http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games/646548/preview) and the medals do seem to pop up, and the connection does seem to be made, but for some reason it's not saving.

I then switched to another script (http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games/1003065/preview) since then and the medals still aren't unlocking. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong because I'm following the documentation that are on these API scripts, but nothing seems to stick.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-08-18 11:19:55

I didn't earn my "10 One Minds" medal in "Idle Web Tycoon", but I earned it. Here is my proof.

This is not going to be painful, because only 2 users earned those medals: the Monsters Medal and Titan Tank are not working:

Oh, and the Happy Clock Day and I think also Tank Awards medal may be not working, I tried to get the first one few days ago, but without any success, last unlocks of these medals: 2-3 years ago; it's a game-gadget from @Deathink - the Pico Radio.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-08-21 21:58:34

Okay, firstly I want to retract my statement about Tomato Won't Give UP !!!!!
The game *does* have a nasty nasty habit of becoming literally impossible at the end there if you shoot the hand too much but it is possible to obtain that final medal.

However, this game,

Has two medals which, though technically not broken, really shouldn't exist because they are literally unobtainable for the vast majority of Newgrounds users.

Bill.u.are -- I strongly strongly suspect the way to obtain this medal is have "bill" or "Bill" somewhere in your username and play the game.

I Know A Good Man When I See One -- I strongly strongly suspect the way to obtain this medal is to have "clock" or "Clock" somewhere in your username and play the game.

Check the list of people (Ignoring Lucris96) who obtained those two medals and in particular pay attention to the user named Billy-Clock who has those two medals and only those two medals, probably someone who figured out that was how to obtain them and made the account only to test that theory.

Now, since the vast majority of Newgrounds users can never possibly obtain those medals regardless of skill, regardless of luck, regardless of time put into the game, etc... should they even exist as medals at all? Username-based medal requirement seems like such a bullshit requirement, IMO.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-09-01 11:05:01

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-09-01 21:03:29

By the way, could somebody check this game? I am unlocking the in-game achievements, but not the medals:

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-09-11 19:20:11

Another game with a problem with medals:

Unfortunately @Kwing couldn't figure out what's wrong and why they are not working.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-09-11 19:31:43

And another thing: there is no way I can understand why nobody reported here or the authors/the moderators did not notice a game in which the medals are not working for 4 YEARS? Last unlocked: 2012!

Leaving a tag to producers/authors: @AlmightyHans @Justizzle @EldritchAbomination

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-09-15 19:04:42

Lift Off medal is broken. Many comments in the game itself about this medal being broken as well as the last time anyone unlocked it was in 2012.

How it's supposed to unlock. The first time you jump on one of those bouncy pink squares it should unlock.
What actually happens. It doesn't unlock.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-09-16 12:12:50

You can unlock medals in game, but not earn them. I have written the author three times, with no reply.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-09-20 02:40:41

The medals aren't broken, but I don't know where else I should put it... you have to view ads in this game to earn most of the medals. Is this within the rules? I don't mind viewing some ads to support an artist, but this game more or less forces you to earn the author some revenue if you want to have those medals.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/1262751648Not sure what is up with this but Blasting Agent takes you to a page which says "ERROR — No submission ever existed with ID 1262751648."

It's a game which has medals, so none of them are obtainable unless someone fixes that.

----Edit----

Someone needs to look into this. Here is the correct page for the game

Yet if you're viewing medals then it instead is the incorrect link above, which if you click says no submission exists with that ID number.

So I suppose the medals aren't broken, but there's some spooky voodoo going on with those links.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-09-26 09:59:24

At 9/25/16 12:48 AM, NeonSpider wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/1262751648Not sure what is up with this but Blasting Agent takes you to a page which says "ERROR — No submission ever existed with ID 1262751648."

It's a game which has medals, so none of them are obtainable unless someone fixes that.

----Edit----

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/522921
Yet if you're viewing medals then it instead is the incorrect link above, which if you click says no submission exists with that ID number.

So I suppose the medals aren't broken, but there's some spooky voodoo going on with those links.

Looks like it was an older game that didn't get it's api key synched with it's submission properly. Should be good now

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-09-27 01:55:50

At 9/26/16 09:59 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
At 9/25/16 12:48 AM, NeonSpider wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/1262751648Not sure what is up with this but Blasting Agent takes you to a page which says "ERROR — No submission ever existed with ID 1262751648."

----Edit----

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/522921

Looks like it was an older game that didn't get it's api key synched with it's submission properly. Should be good now

No it's not fixed!

Literally on my medals pages (or anyone's medals pages who has medals in that game) it is still pointing to the incorrect link rather than the correct one.

I cannot go in my medals pages and click "Play" to play that game.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-09-29 18:11:40

Mission Escape: Roof's "Zip" medal isn't working for me.
I've tried replaying the game.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-02 17:06:02

For those who are wondering if any API mods are still around, the answer is "Yes", we are still here. We are still doing our jobs looking into broken medals. Some are easy to solve, and some are a bit trickier. So please be patient if you haven't seen some of those medals fixed or removed.

If you have a game you would like us to look into, either post it her, or contact one of us.

@EdyKel
@Nijsse
@ForNoReason
@Knuckstrike

Some of us are more active on the site than others, so don't be discourage if you don't get a quick response back.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-11 14:05:51

This game needs to be checked, I am unlocking the in-game achievements, but not the medals, tried on Firefox and Chrome:

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-11 14:48:54

At 10/11/16 02:05 PM, HerbieG wrote: This game needs to be checked, I am unlocking the in-game achievements, but not the medals, tried on Firefox and Chrome:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/608749

We'll look into it :o
Thanks Herbie!

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-11 14:58:51

At 10/11/16 02:48 PM, Shantom wrote:
At 10/11/16 02:05 PM, HerbieG wrote: This game needs to be checked, I am unlocking the in-game achievements, but not the medals, tried on Firefox and Chrome:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/608749
We'll look into it :o
Thanks Herbie!

Thanks for such a fast response :-) By the way, any success in checking the other games I mentioned lately? Let's list them here:

And specific medals in these ones:

Monsters Medal and Titan Tank

Happy Clock Day and Tank Awards

At 10/11/16 02:58 PM, HerbieG wrote: Thanks for such a fast response :-) By the way, any success in checking the other games I mentioned lately?

We already discussed what you mentioned here with the other mods (few days ago).
Right now, we can just remove medals if they're not working. This may not be the best solution. Some users worked hard to earn these old medals. They don't deserve to lose them just because they don't work anymore.
At the same time, new users should be able to earn all existing medals. It's not fair that old users earned medals that can't be earned anymore. Both users should be equal.

So, in other words, we're trying to find a way to satisfy both users. We're not sure how yet but we'll figure it out.

In the meantime, please keep posting the games with broken medals here. It would help ^^

Edit: Also I already have some of the games you mentioned in lists
List 1
List 2
Try to check if the game is already in these lists or not ^^