00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HugeNate just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010

25,744 Views | 404 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-09-30 15:18:00

At 9/30/10 01:35 PM, Chronamut wrote: omg BOSA DROPPEDO UT???

this contest is just turning into one blow after another..

lol. I'm bummed that I won't be judged on this song, but eh, Round 2!

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-09-30 15:23:23

At 9/30/10 03:19 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 9/30/10 03:18 PM, Spikrodd wrote:
At 9/30/10 01:35 PM, Chronamut wrote: omg BOSA DROPPEDO UT???

this contest is just turning into one blow after another..
lol. I'm bummed that I won't be judged on this song, but eh, Round 2!
lol you'll prolly go up against nate.

and then HE wont submit

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-09-30 15:46:07

At 9/30/10 01:34 PM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote: Here's a list for judges to easily access
callitsleep89 dropped out so mr-jazzman makes it to the next round.
MrFijiWiji did not submit a song, so SessileNomad makes it to the next round!
EbonHawk dropped out, so Bjra makes it to the next round!
Mussirus didn't submit anything, so Skela makes it!
Bosa didn't submit anything, so Spikrodd makes it!
deathkllr84 didn't submit, so HighBallers makes it to the next round!

...really. Really you guys? That's a bit disappointing. To say the least. All in Round 1 alone.

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-09-30 16:13:03

At 9/30/10 03:46 PM, Numi wrote: ...really. Really you guys? That's a bit disappointing. To say the least. All in Round 1 alone.

Yep, but as I said, I think that it's just because Round 1 has so many participants and some of them are new to the whole NGADM 2-week per song thing... And also just found out that Mussirus can't because he had to internet for a month (check his newspost), so some things can't be avoided I suppose.

Wish I knew from earlier though, would've passed other artists to the NGADM instead :(.

--

Anyway, thanks to Pure-Metal's list, I managed to finish the judging layout much quicker than I usually do.

Here's how my reviews will be laid out in this and all the future rounds:

1.) Kirbyfemur vs GronmonSE

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

----------

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

--------------------

2.) callitsleep89 vs mr-jazzman

N/A

--------------------

3.) UncleSqueezins vs Dj-Abbic

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

----------

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

--------------------

4.) xKore vs SteakJohnson

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

----------

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

--------------------

5.) MrFijiWiji vs SessileNomad

N/A

--------------------

6.) Bjra vs EbonHawk7X

N/A

--------------------

7.) Skela vs Mussirus

N/A

--------------------

8.) SineRider vs nubbinownz

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

----------

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

--------------------

9.) Bosa vs Spikrodd

N/A

--------------------

10.) borntodj167 vs AMP

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

----------

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

--------------------

11.) aliaspharow vs InvisibleObserver

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

----------

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

--------------------

12.) varrin7 vs CKC2009

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

----------

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

--------------------

13.) SBB vs TheBenjerman

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

----------

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

--------------------

14.) dj-Nate vs Chronamut

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

----------

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

--------------------

15.) dj-Jo vs Flashburn

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

----------

SUMMARY:

REVIEW:

SCORE:

--------------------

16.) HighBallers vs deathkllr84

N/A

(If any judges want the above layout as a text file, PM me)

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-09-30 17:30:55

ya im 4 hours late on the deadline sorry :(.... i just came from cross country practice and looked at the post, and noticed the deadline was at 1 this afternoon, when i thought it was midnight tonite.... if u want to disqualify me go ahead, but im hoping u guys will understand... the fun of this competition is the COMPETITION am i right? and while the judges have 5 days to judge, i dont really see this as a problem... but if it is watev... i had fun making the song :)

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-09-30 17:37:36

ya i thought the deadline was 12 tonite.... i was busy at youth group last nite, so i didnt have time to upload the song... and when i came home and to upload it 5 minutes ago... i was soooo pissd at myself.... regardless of watever thnx for the support

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-09-30 17:51:04

hey

The more the merrier right?

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-09-30 18:57:06

At 9/30/10 05:34 PM, Chronamut wrote: tbh I don't think you should disqualify him - I think you should let as many people who actually HAVE songs submit them.

+1

I hope he gets to participate.

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-09-30 19:17:33

ha, sweet, auto-matic win for me

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-09-30 19:52:20

At 9/30/10 05:30 PM, MrFijiWiji wrote: ya im 4 hours late on the deadline sorry :(....
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 66064

+1 to keeping him in the judging process.
He spent the time and effort to make the song didn't he? :(

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-09-30 19:57:03

At 9/30/10 05:37 PM, MrFijiWiji wrote: ya i thought the deadline was 12 tonite.... i was busy at youth group last nite, so i didnt have time to upload the song... and when i came home and to upload it 5 minutes ago... i was soooo pissd at myself.... regardless of watever thnx for the support

Well, as long as judging hasn't really started yet, I think he should totally be allowed in.

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-09-30 20:23:21

Well, as long as judging hasn't really started yet, I think he should totally be allowed in.

YEA!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-09-30 20:36:04

I agree with the above statements!

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-09-30 22:15:10

Alright judges, send me your Paypal information. Money will be sent ASAP!

jk obv.

Good luck everyone.

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-09-30 22:39:34

Yea, Fiji had his song done for a while now. He showed me it 4-5 days ago, it would suck if he got the boot :/

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-09-30 22:46:41

At 9/30/10 10:15 PM, GronmonSE wrote: Alright judges, send me your Paypal information. Money will be sent ASAP!

jk obv.

Good luck everyone.

Fuckin a, if only i knew this would be a bribe battle I wouldn't have joined!

Lol good luck guys

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-09-30 23:58:07

Personally i Agree with letting MrFijiWiji in, seeing as there is a good number of people who dropped out, the more submissions we have, the better, so we'll probably make an exception for this round. I'll check with Supersteph see what he thinks....

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-01 00:47:44

Not to be a total dick, playing devils advocate here, but if Fiji witheld his song from public view intentionally despite it being done, then ended up missing the deadline... that deserves a huge huge face palm (I'm assuming I've read things correctly).

I wonder what Sessile thinks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-01 04:04:46

At 10/1/10 12:47 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote: Not to be a total dick, playing devils advocate here, but if Fiji witheld his song from public view intentionally despite it being done, then ended up missing the deadline... that deserves a huge huge face palm (I'm assuming I've read things correctly).

agreed.

deadlines are set for a reason, i mean yeah it was pretty dumb for him to hold back a finished track for so long, knowing he has a deadline and miss it, but i dont think thats much of an excuse for anyone to say "there there, we'll let you through anyway"

why not let ALL the people who didnt submit something do so?

the judges can do whatever they want, but those are my two cents

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-01 10:57:15

I suppose it's alright. You've spent time making it specifically for the competition, so it would really suck if you don't enter. I'd say it's alright to let you through - it's only better for the competition, since as dj-Jo said, the more the merrier. Also, you had it done ages ago according to AMP, and you were only a few hours late.

Deadlines are deadlines, but heck, this is just a friendly competition.

That doesn't mean everyone can submit after the set deadlines though.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-01 13:06:52

At 10/1/10 04:04 AM, SessileNomad wrote: why not let ALL the people who didnt submit something do so?

Fiji was the only one to actually ask to be allowed, even though he missed the deadline. The others that didn't submit anything didn't even really show their face in this thread.
I say Steph made a good call

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-01 16:54:16

At 10/1/10 12:47 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote: Not to be a total dick, playing devils advocate here, but if Fiji witheld his song from public view intentionally despite it being done, then ended up missing the deadline... that deserves a huge huge face palm (I'm assuming I've read things correctly).

just gonna explain myself, but i didnt hold it back intentionally... i see no point to that... i finished it tuesday at 12 pm... i was tired as fuck from cross country practice so i f ll asleep while it was rendering... wednesday night i went directly from practice to youth group and didnt get home till 10... i was exhausted from a hectic day and figured i wud just upload it after practice on thursday thinking the deadline was midnight last nite... yes it does deserve a huge face palm, since i misread the deadline time... i wudnt criticize me for holding back the song intentionally, but i dnt have a good excuse since when i signed up for this competition i agreed to MAKE TIME for the competition, i just didnt expect highschool(as i am a freshmen) to be this hectic... but to some point of a degree you have to remember that this is just a friendly competition... I take full responsibility for my actions and i apologize to everyone for this, especially the judges and sesslienomad....

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-01 16:56:10

At 9/30/10 10:39 PM, AMP wrote: Yea, Fiji had his song done for a while now. He showed me it 4-5 days ago, it would suck if he got the boot :/

lol i made some huge changes tuesday nite amp... trancecrafter was helping me with some mastering issues

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-01 17:48:30

Sessile's just scared I'm sure. He cripples like a baby under pressure.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-01 18:56:36

At 10/1/10 05:48 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote: Sessile's just scared I'm sure. He cripples like a baby under pressure.

Like I did when I found out that Bosa was my partner?

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-02 10:10:27

Sorry if this has been asnwered before, but can I submit a remix of one of my own songs?
Like a VIP mix.

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-02 10:43:11

At 10/2/10 10:10 AM, Skela wrote: Sorry if this has been asnwered before, but can I submit a remix of one of my own songs?
Like a VIP mix.

Nope, sorry. You have to make everything of the song in the 2-week period of the round, including its melody. You are allowed to take an old, small, unsubmitted idea and expand on it, but you can't completely remix any song you didn't make during the 2-week round you're in :/.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-03 00:09:20

At 10/2/10 10:43 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: Nope, sorry. You have to make everything of the song in the 2-week period of the round, including its melody. You are allowed to take an old, small, unsubmitted idea and expand on it, but you can't completely remix any song you didn't make during the 2-week round you're in :/.

Oh wait thats what you meant! lol. I always thought you meant that it could be made 2 weeks before the round. lol well that answers it all. thanks lol.

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-03 05:15:38

At 10/3/10 05:09 AM, benyue1978 wrote: Personally, I think they have to make EVERYTHING new. Remixs and covers are just downright shameful IMHO. No originality whatsoever involved in a cover.

There can be plenty of originality in a cover, if the song isn't played verbatim. But i would agree as far as the contest goes, since this needs to be our own songs duking it out. Though i doubt this was even an issue in the first place lol

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-04 02:52:10

If I win, this will be my next submission.

Now, time to relax :)

BBS Signature