00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

s4kuna just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My way of getting through the day

10,395 Views | 165 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My way of getting through the day 2010-06-14 16:59:17

This is my first post here on NG's been lurking for a while figured its about time to introduce myself.
and how better than by posting a personal art thread since my first animation is nowhere near done...and if i want to be able to talk...people should atleast know something about me....visually....maybe?

anyhow im not sure how strick you guys are about the whole size thing...however resizing most these down made me sad (the width restriction namely since i like using "widescreen" settings...so if people can let me know if i can get away with slightly...wider images id appreciate it.

so ill start this thing off with a few drawings ive done lately and then add more to the thread later if there is any interest in it.

thanks for looking :3

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-14 17:01:37

this is an example of sad to have downsized

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-14 17:04:32

character thingy girl....ya

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-14 17:09:24

At 6/14/10 05:01 PM, theWesley wrote: this is an example of sad to have downsized

You could link to higher resolution!
dA?
NG art portal?

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-14 17:20:19

i am he, and im amazed anyone would have my deviantart to pull on me XD

let me grab something that i dont think i put on my DA

a WIP from the dragon sketch may help to prove i am who i am...

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-14 17:43:18

At 6/14/10 05:35 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote:
At 6/14/10 05:20 PM, theWesley wrote: i am he, and im amazed anyone would have my deviantart to pull on me XD

My apologies for being mistaken.

no need to apologize, im glad there are people out there looking out for me :D

thanks for being watchful

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-14 23:49:17

At 6/14/10 05:20 PM, theWesley wrote: i am he, and im amazed anyone would have my deviantart to pull on me XD

That dragon is looking tad awesome! I like to see this one when it's done. And welcome to the art forum! I hope you enjoy your stay!

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-15 00:49:48

At 6/14/10 11:49 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:

That dragon is looking tad awesome! I like to see this one when it's done. And welcome to the art forum! I hope you enjoy your stay!

it was posted earlier, though zoomed out and reversed but here is a finished close up of the face, hope you like

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-15 01:14:19

The dragon and the dryad,(I think that's what that is), are uber-awesome. Love the textures in both.
Not too sure what I think about the other guy...I think because of his wide nose...but I'm sure you meant for it to be like that.
Great work.

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-15 01:28:24

Only 3 pictures in, and this is already a beast of a thread.
Can't wait to see what else you churn out.

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-15 01:50:13

thanks for the kind words guys. :D

here is a screen shot of what im sitting around working on, gonna try to picture up the thread a bit more

<3

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-15 03:15:48

in my quest to fill this thread with more images i stumbled across this giant jade kitty temple...

or

speed painting for 15 minutes to relax cause fbf animation can drive a man insane

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-15 12:42:11

At 6/15/10 03:15 AM, theWesley wrote: in my quest to fill this thread with more images i stumbled across this giant jade kitty temple...

or

speed painting for 15 minutes to relax cause fbf animation can drive a man insane

Wow man, the stuff I've seen so far in this veritable gold-mine of a thread is awesome, I couldn't even imagine myself being able to produce this quailty stuff for a while.

I'm loving that dragon pic man, thats amazing the amount of detail on the face, and, tbh, the only fault I have found so far is your pic of the elf girl? the face seems a little . . . . squat, for lack of a better word.

My deviantART Anime thread

former account = aegis-h

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-15 12:55:47

What you've done on flash is nothing short of remarkable! Youve got some really nice, quality drawings here, keep it up.

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-15 15:51:47

thanks everyone for kind words and critiques

i gotta go do some crap today but i will be adding atleast 1 new drawing tonight whenever i get to sit down and finish it

until then here is a shitty portrait of summer glau

and i time lapse of me drawing it for those who enjoy those can be found
HERE

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-16 15:27:35

im not sure if i should post wall shots here, so im gonna post a few and see what people think...graffiti on NG yay or nay?

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-16 15:29:18

one more for fun

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-16 21:48:36

Damn, that graffiti is awesomely done. I'd let you graffiti the side of my house man.

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-17 17:05:58

just got home from work, figured id shamelessly bump this with a detail of my robo days WIP

i think i will be sitting down to work on it in an hour or two and will prolly be starting up a stream for anyone who wants to come kick it and keep me company :3

anyhow...picture

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-17 17:29:58

I really like your stuff.. :)

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-17 18:35:12

Killer graff work and that's a wicked robot.
Great to see you constantly producing.

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-17 18:40:17

At 6/17/10 06:35 PM, antiandy wrote: Killer graff work and that's a wicked robot.
Great to see you constantly producing.

:D ty

im still holding back tbh :3 i dont want to spam too many pictures a day :P

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-17 18:41:59

At 6/15/10 01:50 AM, theWesley wrote: here is a screen shot of what im sitting around working on, gonna try to picture up the thread a bit more

Please tell me I can see a flash movie by you really soon. There's some incredible work you've got in this thread.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-17 19:35:19

At 6/17/10 06:41 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 6/15/10 01:50 AM, theWesley wrote: here is a screen shot of what im sitting around working on, gonna try to picture up the thread a bit more
Please tell me I can see a flash movie by you really soon. There's some incredible work you've got in this thread.

really soon...sorry but im not sure thats possible, im...very nooby when it comes to flash and im just now finishing up my animatics and keyframe layout/timing etc for my first project...which is about 3 minutes of non stop fbf action sequences...soooooo i have a feeling it will be a long time till i get all wrapped up

however...and this is for anyone who reads this thread, i would like to work with a writer on some kind of series, or even a collab movie (not just a compilation of clips but a full out project) that would be able to come out much faster...but this is all just thoughts and what not...

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-18 07:00:09

It's like 4 am...i didnt notice the time getting so late tonight...i was cranking old school NES soundtracks (ff3 and mega man in praticular) whilest drawins the pixel thingy stuff that people be the drawing and what nots......

anyhow this picture is a....prelude...a begining that will....rapidly evolve over the course of this weekend

had a crew meeting (graffiti thing)

doing a production starting tomorrow (the graffiti version of a collab) for a business here in town

anyhow, the title of the production is "8bit Icons" and this is just some doodling ive been doing...plans for what i will paint

anyhow i hope you enjoy...im going to go get that...sleep thing people keep talking about i hear its the bees knees!!

duhhhnnnnduhnduhnduhnnnnduhhhhhhnnnn duuuuhnn duhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn(zelda theme playing here)

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-18 07:01:44

when your me...just living as a child was an art form....

or thats my excuse for posting this picture right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me circa 1989

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-18 07:23:51

You've got style, color, details and composition down really well! I love seeing someone handle colors with style. What bugs me in these pictures are the disoriented shapes. This is a classic graffiti-problem, haha.
Am I right when I guess you start working with details before you've defined shapes and light? Excuse me if Im just jumping conclusions.
Your stuff (except the jade kitty temple) has an slight flat feeling to it, and thats a shame. Do you have any still life-drawings you can show?

Also, dont hold back, spam too many pictures a day! :D

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-18 15:42:35

At 6/18/10 07:23 AM, LaserKarl wrote: You've got style, color, details and composition down really well! I love seeing someone handle colors with style. What bugs me in these pictures are the disoriented shapes. This is a classic graffiti-problem, haha.
Am I right when I guess you start working with details before you've defined shapes and light? Excuse me if Im just jumping conclusions.
Your stuff (except the jade kitty temple) has an slight flat feeling to it, and thats a shame. Do you have any still life-drawings you can show?

Also, dont hold back, spam too many pictures a day! :D

no need to be excused, im glad for everything you said...something tells me this conversation may...leak secrets of finally figuring out what im doing wrong...

i dont start with details first, i generally start with large color fields or siloettes and then start crafting up from there. but i believe that i overwork areas, and basically get rid of everything i started with in the end. but to be honest. i dont know that i have a process yet. so many have been different, as this type of thing artistically is a new thing for me

graffiti ruins art lives

:3

serious though, ive used it as a crutch for far too long. its allowed me to ignore basics and fundementals up until now to have everything i do written off as "style" which works, and i could sit here and try to say it now, and prolly make a good case of it, but the fact is, that eventually id hope i could leave it behind. or at very least leave it in its place and keep it out of my art :3

that flat feeling is another biproduct of graffiti im afraid...it was a specific look i aimed for when doing my letter work...i wasnt a fan of the super 3-d looks like a sculpture kind of graffiti, though i also didnt enjoy painting traditionally, so i figured a way to get the visual impact of a flat image with the techniques of a 3-d painter. I've noticed this problem lately and been trying to fix it.
i find the only time i truely get the depth i want in an image is when doing enviroments. but i believe it may be because i have more practice with them.

as it stands now, i only have about 6-7 months under my belt in the trying to draw....the way im drawing now, my first portrait ever was done january this year, also the first time i opened an anatomy book and rushed out to buy a tablet...

as for still lifes...i dont think i will find any on my hard drive, not that ive never done them, i just...never cared for them as anything more than warm ups to get my painting muscles all warmed up and what nots. though i will look for some in my old canvas stacks and sketch books and see what i cant find.

gahhhh i rambled

ty for the kind words and the critique, please feel....encouraged to tear apart anything you see from me in here, i welcome it ...and in fact am very pleased that you said something about it :D

now im going to post a drawing...since drawings>me rambling

narrrrrr

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-18 15:44:30

more wesley comics

BBS Signature

Response to My way of getting through the day 2010-06-19 12:26:33

guhhhhhhhh spent all day yesterday painting out the background to do a mural today....

wake up

pouring rain....

god hates me

so i guess my 8bit mural will be on hold for a week :(

sad day

BBS Signature