00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4DottorTette7 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Basicsunshine's art. :3

13,815 Views | 169 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-15 23:24:29

haay, super new here, but I love art, so here's some of my stuffs! ^^
this one is done in oil paint......and took a few days.......and is one of my favorites :3 thoughts? critisism? -Becki

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-15 23:26:21

Very nice, looks very well defined.

You have talent :)

PM me if you think I am good at MS paint. PMs: 9 Newest By:

darkspartan000 Siggy, made by ME :3

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-15 23:27:08

wonderful to see such a nicely painted expression of free sprite (at least thats what i think it is). also nice to see that not everyone new to the forum is useless. I welcome u and your art sir. Thank you for this, really.

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-15 23:27:13

Welcome to the Art thread. Very nice picture! I can't wait to see more. =)

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-15 23:28:27

At 3/15/08 11:27 PM, UMREE wrote: wonderful to see such a nicely painted expression of free sprite (at least thats what i think it is). also nice to see that not everyone new to the forum is useless. I welcome u and your art sir. Thank you for this, really.

or miss not sir lol sorry

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-15 23:33:55

thank you guys so much! I feel so welcomed :3
yes, it is miss, lol.
this is a more cartooney thing I drew. his name is freddy ^^

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-15 23:34:30

Looks really great. Only criticism I can think of is that the folds in the shirt could be a little more defined. Welcome to Newgrounds and hope to see more from you soon.

I enjoy bold statements

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-15 23:38:19

At 3/15/08 11:34 PM, Biznasco wrote: Looks really great. Only criticism I can think of is that the folds in the shirt could be a little more defined. Welcome to Newgrounds and hope to see more from you soon.

thanks alot, I really appreciate the critisism, for reals. lol. :3

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-15 23:48:00

Yay Becki! You know I've always loved your art.

Post more!

rawr

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-15 23:53:22

i wish i could paint the things that u paint, u know the stuff that makes people happy rather then depressed....

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-15 23:54:39

hokay! one more! this is so much fun! I really like it here :33 there's a boo-boo in this one, and I tried to cover it up, but it didn't work so good. -___-
-Becki

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 00:10:20

Wow, you are an amazing artist, cann I see what u can do witha pencil n paper?

Check out my Art Forum!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 00:14:42

At 3/16/08 12:10 AM, supery9 wrote: Wow, you are an amazing artist, cann I see what u can do witha pencil n paper?

thankyou so much! well, currently, my sketchbook is M.I.A. *sobs* but I do have something that I scanned a few days ago. :3

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 00:16:56

Wow lmao thats better than anything I can do

Check out my Art Forum!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 00:24:27

thats fantastic, good to have you in the NG community

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 00:58:03

At 3/16/08 12:24 AM, XxshogunxX wrote: thats fantastic, good to have you in the NG community

I agree...100000000000% :) keep up the awesome art!!!

there is love burning to find you, will you wait for me?

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 02:54:53

Oh my god. Someone is posting real art! Thats a rare sight in this forum.

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 08:03:13

Very good. You're 16. Most 16 year olds I know are physically incapable of borrowing from reality in their drawings without screwing up proportions. You have great drawing skills.

Your painting is impressive too. I have never had the appropriate skills or patience to paint (or draw) hair properly, which is masterfully handled in the first painting, with the guy who figures himself a bunny. As for the rest of your colouring, it's above average but not up to par with your drawing abilities.

You seem better suited for chalk, pastel or coloured pencils than oil. In fact, I thought the bunny guy painting was done with chalk instead of oil until I read your comment. This is not a criticism, by the way, just an observation - You just strike me, from what little I've seen, as someone who could get the best out of chalk as an expressive painting tool and you probably feel a little uncomfortable painting with oils.

The only criticism I can offer is profoundly subjective in nature:
Shame on you for your fondness of those anime-nancyboy-type drawings. Shame on everybody for their fondness of anime-nancyeverything-type things. Why am I the only person in the world with negative feelings on anime? Why am I so alone? Why is the world so cruel to me? Why am I going into a self-obsessed emo-worthy rant?
Why?
The only thing I hate more profoundly than anime is emo self-obsession.
How am I supposed to whine now? Why does mother nature play such cruel tricks on her children? Does she have a heart?
Why is there violence in the world?

In a nutshell:
I don't like anime.

So yeah, I've said it, that's my spectacular conclusion.

Sorry I wasted your time. I'll retreat to my hideout now and I promise not to re-emerge until new artwork makes it's way here.

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 08:06:06

At 3/15/08 11:33 PM, Basicsunshine wrote: this is a more cartooney thing I drew. his name is freddy ^^

lol, more like Waldo.

Awesome painting skills you got there. The proportions of their faces are top-notch.

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 08:10:46

At 3/16/08 12:14 AM, Basicsunshine wrote:
At 3/16/08 12:10 AM, supery9 wrote: Wow, you are an amazing artist, cann I see what u can do witha pencil n paper?
thankyou so much! well, currently, my sketchbook is M.I.A. *sobs* but I do have something that I scanned a few days ago. :3

Wow thats amazing. Truly skilled, keep it up.

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 08:11:26

At 3/15/08 11:24 PM, Basicsunshine wrote: haay, super new here, but I love art, so here's some of my stuffs! ^^
this one is done in oil paint......and took a few days.......and is one of my favorites :3 thoughts? critisism? -Becki

Its really done well but i dont like it that much just because of the hands ontop of his head hes like a furry freak... ugh i hate fury freaks

Be Still And Let Me Speak

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 13:54:51

At 3/16/08 08:03 AM, Katanaman wrote: Very good. You're 16. Most 16 year olds I know are physically incapable of borrowing from reality in their drawings without screwing up proportions. You have great drawing skills.

Your painting is impressive too. I have never had the appropriate skills or patience to paint (or draw) hair properly, which is masterfully handled in the first painting, with the guy who figures himself a bunny. As for the rest of your colouring, it's above average but not up to par with your drawing abilities.

You seem better suited for chalk, pastel or coloured pencils than oil. In fact, I thought the bunny guy painting was done with chalk instead of oil until I read your comment. This is not a criticism, by the way, just an observation - You just strike me, from what little I've seen, as someone who could get the best out of chalk as an expressive painting tool and you probably feel a little uncomfortable painting with oils.

The only criticism I can offer is profoundly subjective in nature:
Shame on you for your fondness of those anime-nancyboy-type drawings. Shame on everybody for their fondness of anime-nancyeverything-type things. Why am I the only person in the world with negative feelings on anime? Why am I so alone? Why is the world so cruel to me? Why am I going into a self-obsessed emo-worthy rant?
Why?
The only thing I hate more profoundly than anime is emo self-obsession.
How am I supposed to whine now? Why does mother nature play such cruel tricks on her children? Does she have a heart?
Why is there violence in the world?

In a nutshell:
I don't like anime.

So yeah, I've said it, that's my spectacular conclusion.

Sorry I wasted your time. I'll retreat to my hideout now and I promise not to re-emerge until new artwork makes it's way here.

wow. thanks so much for all the compliments. I super duper appreciate it! *love*
lol, katanaman, thanks even more for the long comment and critique. I used to do pastels alot but got into colored pencil and marker. that's what the second one is done in. and yeah...I used to do anime ALOT but grew out of it...I guess I still have that anime-esque about my drawings....lol. but the guy with the gutair is miyavi, just drawn not so realistic.
I take your comment into great consideration, I really think I'm gonna try out some pastels or chalk, then post it, so you can see. :33
thanks again everyone! I really do feel extremely welcomed here. deffintley gonna stay! *love again* :3
-Becki

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 14:09:01

These are absolutely amazing, great work. Got any more to show?

The Juggernauts will awaken...

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 17:50:25

At 3/16/08 02:09 PM, ZombieKangaroo wrote: These are absolutely amazing, great work. Got any more to show?

thankyou so much :3
here's something I did in oil pastel. ^^

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 19:12:18

Very well done on all of these.
One thing that does come to mine is there is a little bit to much definition on some of the shading. In the one with the cover up it's pretty apparent in the fold of the girl's face. and in your most recent the collar bone of the guy on the right and then the neck ligament thing that extends from there. It just pops a little to much and making it a little subtler would definetly improve the overall look. If it's deliberate ignore everything I just said of course. =)

Excellent job though.

I'm cool now... Right guys?... Guys?

Art Thread So I don't Lose It >:(

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 20:33:51

lol I love the way you type :P

and draw... keep em coming!

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 20:47:51

Very nice, I like the first one the most. It's nice to know that some new people still work hard on their art. Welcome to newgrounds.

I need Monet, to buy DeGas to make my Van Gogh. I tried to Hale a cab but my Whistler didn't Turner 'round.

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 21:32:25

At 3/16/08 08:33 PM, Razac wrote: lol I love the way you type :P

and draw... keep em coming!

lol thanks XD
and thankyou NextToNothing for the critique. I agree about the collarbone, other people have said almost the same thing. -___- lol, but yeah...I'm not sure how to fix it...anyone know how to fix oil pastel?

I have more cartoon-ey ones and more realistic-ish ones....which ones should I post? lol I'm not really sure >_<

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 21:42:53

well, i have to say, i fucking hate every piece in this thread, never the less it's well done, but very obviouse you drew from pictures/ads from magazines, not from life. the pieces lack breath. annoying content, but well exicuted.

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 22:02:26

At 3/16/08 09:42 PM, As-Soul wrote: well, i have to say, i fucking hate every piece in this thread, never the less it's well done, but very obviouse you drew from pictures/ads from magazines, not from life. the pieces lack breath. annoying content, but well exicuted.

excuse you, but every piece in this thread was indeed NOT drawn from ads and pictures, they do NOT lack breath, and are NOT annoying. in fact you assuming these things without knowing anything at all is annoying. tell me, how many pictures on this thread were drawn from life? the majority of things on here are cartoonish, or catoon-esque, which makes them fantastic.
I know they're well done, and I don't need someone like you telling me this.
learn to spell, little boy.

BBS Signature