00:00
00:00

Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions

12,983 Views | 119 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 02:35:56


TL;DR No fuck you. Instead of leaving your little hate comment, actually read once in your damn life.

Alright people here we go. I got to ask what is with all of these threads about Justin Bieber? Also don't give me that bullshit about creating another thread about it won't solve the problem or it's unoriginal to post a thread complaining about other threads or me throwing shit at the General forums. It's the General FUCKING forum. We bitch about pointless shit here everyday so what's one more piece to add to the pile?

Now that I've got that out of the way let's talk about this Justin Bieber person. From what we know he got his start on YouTube which you know that's great, no seriously that's fucking great. Internet personalities getting popular and becoming part of mainstream is actually big news, the more people start browsing the Internet for entertainment the better that means more things from Newgrounds will probably be discovered and for those of you on YouTube yeah you could be next.

So why are we bashing someone's success? Well of course with popularity comes the dreadful word that I myself try to keep from using and that is OVERRATED. Yeah that small little word is always thrown around with popular media from "Avatar" to "Twilight" to "Harry Potter" to "The Dark Knight" to "Miley Cyrus" etc.

As far as Justin Bieber is concerned I don't think he's overrated at all. Let me explain. I knew who Justin Bieber was from being a member of YouTube so he was just a small blip on my radar, from what I heard he was a good singer, but the whole music business isn't my thing. Then I heard he was getting an album which wasn't surprising seeing as how some YouTube musicians usually do that, but he was getting more and more mainstream which was actually kind of exciting... for him not for me. You see I still didn't know a lot about him neither did I care and I didn't care for a good while.

Until people started bashing and throwing hate comments left and right without even giving their opinions on anything. Seems like bandwagon riding to me. I heard more about Justin Bieber through constant bitching than I did for praise, what does that say about all of the negativity. You know I heard about Twilight and Avatar the same way.

Through these hate comments I see terms like "gay" he's a "girl" "his music sucks" "her music sucks" the basic bullshit of "I'll write this in 5 Minutes and people will like me." What I love to see are the ones who hate Justin Bieber and they don't like his music and they won't listen to it because they know it's the kind of music they don't like.

Okay semi-valid point. I knew Eminem was a rapper, I don't like listening to rap or hip-hop, however I listened to him anyways and what do you know, I like Eminem's music.

However after hearing all of this about Justin Bieber I decided to listen to his music. Well one of his most popular songs is a song called "Baby" and I have to admit it was good. Not great and here is where I see the flaws from my personal opinion.

The actual melody, the music in the background just doesn't really fit the song well. With Justin's voice and the lyrics of the song you'd swear it was a pop song, but it's fit with rap music which throws it WAY OFF, I later came across this interesting remix and I liked that one a bit better.

I've listened to some of his other songs and truthfully I don't really like his music that much. I can see why others may like it, but it doesn't work for me. If he went for just being a Pop artist his music might actually be great, but for the time being he's the next Aaron Carter and he will fall just like Aaron Carter.

It's like back during the 1999-2004 era with The Backstreet Boys, N*Sync, Britney Spears, Aaron Carter, The Spice Girls. Those were a few of the rise and fall bands. Look at today.

The Backstreet Boys and N*Sync - replaced by The Jonas Brothers.
The Jonas Brothers broke up and one decided to branch out on his own, kind of like what Justin Timberlake did.

Britney Spears - Miley Cyrus
I don't think I need to explain that one.

Aaron Carter - Justin Bieber

Does it make sense now? Alright so give your honest opinion on what you think of Justin Bieber's music.

What would Justin Bieber look like with a shaved head?

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 02:41:51


At 5/31/10 02:35 AM, The-Great-One wrote: "I'll write this in 5 Seconds and people will like me."

Fixed

What would Justin Bieber look like with a shaved head?

lolk

Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions


HUGS AND KISSES

This signature has been done by the incredibly sexy Donut.

BBS Signature

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 02:44:54


At 5/31/10 02:41 AM, NoxDexus wrote: lolk

Interesting.

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 02:56:05


At 5/31/10 02:35 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Alright so give your honest opinion on what you think of Justin Bieber's music.

I strongly dislike his music. I don't think he deserves all of the attention he gets, although I don't really care that he does get so much attention. I don't hate him, in fact the only time he even enters my thoughts is when I see another thread bitching about him.


.

BBS Signature

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 03:28:38


hes hot tbqh


BBS Signature

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 03:50:56


I don't hate him because I'm jealous of what he wants to call success, I hate him because he sounds like he is a seven year old girl and looks like he is ten himself. I'm angry because he gets away with putting zero effort into a song with lyrics spoonfed to him by record companies and people love him for it. I'm not going to far as saying he needs to die, but he needs to wake the fuck up and understand how much he really is embarrassing himself.


The Stoner's Club

Current PC: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, AMD Radeon HD 5450, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD, 80GB HD, Intel Core 2 Duo 3.40GHz

BBS Signature

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 03:52:52


Don't get me fuckin' started.


BBS Signature

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 04:09:15


He sucks... end of discussion.

Like seriously. From what I have heard he both act stupid and he's songs sucks (I just heard Baby but that was more then enough to get the full picture) and I am sick of these teen idols like Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, and now Justin Bieber. These "idols" make everyone stereotype and think that Miley is a definition of a normal teen girl.
When I surf the internet for news I don't wanna read about Miley Cyrus chewing gum or what kind of shoe size Nick Jonas use.

I know I have been bashing both Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, and Bieber in this post, but I have to admit, that Hannah Montana is a fun show on Disney Channel, Jonas Brothers does actually have about 2 decent songs, but Bieber... Bieber he isn't any good at all... -.-

related pic

Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 04:28:21


I find his music annoying and insufferable. That is my unbiased opinion. There is no talent involved in getting someone to write songs for you, record vocals in like a day, and then get molested by autotune. I can't wait for him to grow up and become lanky and awkward so people will forget who the hell he is.


This is filler text.

The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 04:31:22


Dude is talented.

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 04:31:32


It think it's the fact that it's gone:-

quiet-quiet-quiet-OMG JUSTIN BIEBER!-JUSTIN BIEBER EVERYWHERE!-NON STOP MEDIA ATTENTION-HOW HAVEN'T YOU HEARD HIM SING, IT'S JUSTIN BIEBER, YOU LOW-LIFE PIECE OF SCUM! LOVE HIM!

that pisses me off. He, to me, appeared out of nowhere with this stupid amount of hype and that's off-putting to people who hate the commercialisation of music, who want variety in their music, only to find out that half the female population is obsessed with a pip-squeak marketed "heartstrob" who goes through all the agonising steps of a excruciating pop band, probably some demented enough to pleasure themselves to him...

/rant


This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 05:44:26


I think your little rant is pointless, but I'll supplement this post with my opinion.

I'd hit it.

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 05:56:42


When I hear his music my ears start to bleeding and my brain begins to swell. Most stupid and mediocre music I ever heard


Report writing secrets

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 05:58:25


Actually his music isn't half bad. More tolerable than metal imo.

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 06:07:57


He makes me rage >:C


I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

Oh shit king kong what are you going

BBS Signature

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 06:12:23


Th biggest thing that annoy me with artists like Justin Bieber Miley Cyrus or Jonas Brothers: their songs are too cliched. The lyrics, the melody, the computer effects, it's all just generic but tons of marchandise are invested to blow up that success.

But you are right that it's no reason to hate them. But I guess it just seems cool to hate anything the general public likes. It makes you tough and shows you dare to have your own opinion...not.


RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!

Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.

Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 06:31:34


Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 06:38:42


I don't hate Justin, I hate how his music is basically being 'spammed' everywhere on the media and all.
I mean, imagine you get nothing but chicken wings to eat every day. You might like it at first, but after a week of nothing but chicken wings you would want something different right?
Also, haters gonna hate.


In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 07:00:53


My opinion of him is that he's a good singer... Albeit his lyrics are rather meaningless at times, and are all about love, but he can sing. He's getting a lot of respect in the industry, with features from some hot names. These people may say they don't care for his music, but that's the thing, if you don't care, why do you need everyone to know you don't care? If it doesn't matter to you, why does it matter to have people know that? Are you really that insecure? Anyway, the music industry goes like this; the number of haters you have is equal to the number of fans you have. The more people who hate him, the more people who like him. That's how he got so big. The supposed "haters" had spread the word.


BBS Signature

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 07:19:29


At 5/31/10 06:38 AM, scruffydog90 wrote: I'm one of the original haters of Beiber, but I stopped hating him now because its "Popular" to hate him, I'm not a tool and I don't hate him because everyone else does!

When you say you stopped hating him because it got popular to hate him, it sounds like you stopped just for the sake of being different, instead of sticking with what you actually think. That's just as bad as going along with what's popular just because it's popular.


.

BBS Signature

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 08:05:16


justinbeibe is just another pop boy band singer who just makes tweens screams and make their tinges tingle.

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 10:26:46


Justin Bieber is overrated and sounds like a 10 year old girl

This is a list of all the other things that are overrated.
Twilight
Glee
American Idol
Call of Duty
Yo mama jokes
The Annoying Orange
Fred
Fred
Fred
Macs
iPad
Blackberrys
Facebook

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 10:30:51


I just want my little sister to stop playing his retarded ass music every damn day. It makes me want to kick a kitten!


BBS Signature

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 10:33:37


At 5/31/10 10:30 AM, adio0205 wrote: I just want my little sister to stop playing his retarded ass music every damn day. It makes me want to kick a kitten!

I have the exact same problem.


BBS Signature

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 10:35:34


At 5/31/10 02:41 AM, NoxDexus wrote: lolk

He looks less gay in that pic. All of his hair made him look like he had a gigantic head.

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 10:39:55


To be as honest as a human being can possibly be: A kid with talent voluntarily chose to waste it on faggotry. End of story.


Join chat | In Obscurity Forever.| Least noticed user '13? Vote for me!

Sig by Me.

BBS Signature

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 10:46:40


Hating him is just a bandwagon.

Disliking him is not. I'm not into the whole pop scene, mainly because I know how music works and I demand more technical and original things to listen to. Really, every pop artist out there is overrated. People praise them for their sub-par music. However, this is very normal: not everyone is a mastermind of music. People who want music in their life but don't have the time to learn how music is made usually end up turning to pop songs.

Justin Beiber is not better nor worse than Lady Gaga, Rhianna, or any other current pop artist. It's the same shit people have been making for years, the came cliches, that make people dislike him.

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 10:52:49


At 5/31/10 04:31 AM, AlexThreeKsKeller wrote: Dude is talented.

You best be trolling.


[vvvpoxpower says the truthvvv]--[ANGRY FAIC]

BBS Signature

Response to Justin Bieber - Honest Opinions 2010-05-31 10:58:40


I really don't know how he got mainstream until now. Youtube? Really? And he's the most annoying boy that wants to sing. I'ts getting old. Also it's really annoying when girls say "I love Justin Bieber bla bla bla...". I guess the girls only love him cuz "he's hot" Yeah Right.....


Let's kill any fucking meme, k?

BBS Signature