00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YendorNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten

35,819 Views | 420 Replies

Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-23 14:09:10

WHERE?
Montreal

WHEN?
June 4-5-6 ish 2010
THAT'S A WEEKEND YO

WHO?
Anyone who wants to come AND WHO'S OVER 18. No exceptions.

I will try to keep a current list of who's coming and who's not coming here:
People coming to Montreal Meet twenyten

WHAT?
Activities may include:
- Karaoke at that place with 20$ gallons of beers. THAT'S 3.8 LITERS PEOPLE.

-Beer Festival. Warning: IT'S GOING TO BE EXTREMELY RIDICULOUSLY STUPIDLY PACKED WITH PEOPLE. Get there BEFORE IT OPENS, IN THE MORNING or wait in line for 2 hours to get in in the heat.

-Drunk bowling / laughing at people who play pool instead of bowling.

-Fancy bars with fancy craft beers. These are all over Montreal AND THEY RULE.

We'll think of more later but usually people don't feel like doing anything other than staying in their hotel room playing Rock Band / Street Fighter while getting shitfaced. THIS IS ALSO FINE.

warning: you can't buy alcohol outside of bars after 11pm here, so STOCK UP BEFORE HEADING OUT.

Accommodations
You're responsible for that stuff. I suggest you get together and rent a room with other people and sleep on the floor in a giant pile of nerd.

Transport
You may come with a car but be prepared to get annoyed with parking it. Sure is cheaper to carpool than to take the plane.
We can take the subway to almost anywhere. If you come by plane you will be arriving at Pierre-Eliotte Trudeau airport. Expect it to be a pain in the ass because of that idiot nutsack bomber.
Be prepared to walk at least a little bit.

Costs
Take care of your plane / bus / hotel to get here and stay here.
Subway tickets are 2 bucks each if you buy 6, which is around what you'll need.
Shuttle to/from the airport probably will run you 40$ total
Plan for 2 solid nights of drinking at bars. Count 6$ a pint. You know yourself.
Beerfest is FREE TO GET IN, but costs 1 buck for tasting tickets. Expect to spend 20-30+ if you want to drink a decent amount.
Bowling/pool is also an option, like 10$ a game of bowling or some bullshit.

If it's your first time in Quebec, you will be made to order and eat a poutine. Tough shit.

All-in-all, expect to spend 150-300$.Depends how much of a cheap-ass you are but bring more than less or else you'll look like a MORAN.

What can I bring?
Clothes, some kind of jacket and..yeah. It's warm enough at night in June. You may also bring some cheap American alcohol through customs. FUCK YEAH. Get your passport if you don't have one yet.
You may also make deals with other users to bring video games / controllers/ consoles if anyone has a fancy enough hotel room. Usually that's Luis. Haha.

SO IF YOU'RE DEFINITELY COMING, LEAVE A MESSAGE HERE AND PM ME. DON'T PUT YOURSELF DOWN AS A MAYBE, JUST LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU'LL ACTUALLY, MOST DEFINITELY BE THERE BARING SOME HORRIBLE DISASTER. IF YOU'RE DROPPING OUT, ALSO LET ME KNOW BY PM.

Montreal....that's like french, do I need to speak french or something?. No, everyone here speaks English anyway.
I'm a smoker wah You can't smoke anywhere inside here. HA-HAW.
I want to visit, what is there to see? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Alright it's on. Montreal meetups are super-awesome usually. We have much pleasures.

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-23 14:14:17

I will probably be there with probably bells on.

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-23 14:29:41

I'm attending. I was so pissed at having missed Beerfest last time that there's no way I will miss it again.

HOWEVER. I would much prefer to drive myself there and back in my own car, preferably with the company of anyone else interested in attending. I live North of Boston, Massachusetts and can drive to MTL from my house in about 5 hours. There are two options I'm willing to consider:
- If you live nearby you may drive and/or take public transportation to my hometown and we will carpool from there (depending on whether I've met you before, I will either let you park near my house or will make you park at the train station several miles away)
- If you live somewhat on the way up to Montreal I may be willing to go somewhat out of my way to pick you up. Somewhat out of the way means anywhere as far west as near Albany, NY or as far Northeast as near Concord, New Hampshire.

When it comes to parking... does DTG still have that place with her parents that I parked at last time I was there? Is she even in MTL now-a-days? Does she plan on attending the meet? If so/not, would she be chill with me parking at that same place? If not, is there someone who lives in MTL that has a safe place to park in (safe as in I won't get ticketed/towed... I'm not worried about my car being broken into)? If not and nobody wants to carpool... I guess I'll just take the Boston-Montreal bus.

Further: any MTLers cool with letting me crash on their floor? I don't miiind throwing in on paid lodgings, but I'd be much happier buying whoever hosts me a case of beer and/or some decent liquor instead. Plus, I'll buy it in tax-free New Hampshire on the way up so it can be something not necessarily tried before.

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-23 14:39:26

At 1/23/10 02:13 PM, Twilight wrote: Dunno if he'll buy you more chicken wings though.

'mes ailes de poulet!!'

Having this on a weekend and in summer are +1 and +2 in terms of getting me to attend. Everything depends on employment this summer but all the jobs I'm looking at have weekends off so hopefully that keeps things a little clearer.

I won't worry about transportation or anything until I know that I can go 100%, but that will closer to the end of my academic year (april).

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-23 15:11:57

depends on the employer... damn normandin ...

ANYWAY, i'll bring an SNES this time... FO REAL MAHN!!!!

aaaaaaaand. by bus.... oh and new hats too...

Together, we can do that we can't do alone. Nous vaincrons, ensemble, pour la gloire du QUÉBEC LIBRE!!!

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-23 15:40:23

Sounds like a blast, I haven't been to Montreal in almost a decade and it would be nice to go back. I'm broke as a motherfucker right now and I barely have the funds to wipe my ass. Anyone looking for a carpool out of North Jersey send me a line. I can't guarantee I'm gong to go, but I am going to try. Also, i want in on the giant orgy hotel room.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-23 16:17:00

Thinking about it. Seriously thinking about it. I already have a passport and I've been to Montreal twice before. Unfortunately, I won't have a clear idea as to whether I'll be able to go or not until at least a month after the NYC meet ends. If I do end up going, more than likely, I'll be traveling alone by bus.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-23 18:25:28

ill be there. the pitchers of beer being the main reason.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-23 19:53:46

Man... If I do this, all my beer better be free.

Also, cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-23 20:07:15

since I live in montreal I will certainly join in on the above activities.

as long as you guys r nice 2 me

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-23 20:10:19

At 1/23/10 07:53 PM, DanMalo wrote: Man... If I do this, all my beer better be free.

Also, cocks.

wow. nice sweater

None

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-23 20:22:27

At 1/23/10 08:10 PM, Luis wrote:
At 1/23/10 07:53 PM, DanMalo wrote: Man... If I do this, all my beer better be free.

Also, cocks.
wow. nice sweater

Lacoste cardigan.

POW!

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-23 20:52:29

At 1/23/10 06:25 PM, Luis wrote: ill be there. the pitchers of beer being the main reason.

I feel neglected by that comment...
And yes. of course I'll be there...

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-23 21:04:51

I'm definitely coming and Chrispington as well.

At 1/23/10 02:29 PM, Evark wrote: When it comes to parking... does DTG still have that place with her parents that I parked at last time I was there? Is she even in MTL now-a-days? Does she plan on attending the meet? Blah blah blah...

I'm back in Montreal, but I don't live with my parents. I have my own place now (with awesome deck space so it'll be great in the summer). Yes, there's free parking in front + I have a small garage. Yes, you may sleep over here...I'll probably have a couch.

Yes, other people may sleep over but I rather know the person beforehand.

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-23 21:08:05

At 1/23/10 08:10 PM, Luis wrote: wow. nice sweater

Wow, nice wife beater. Hawt.

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-23 21:26:26

Don't forget that this is in 5 months.
5 frickin' months. What was I thinking making a topic this early?

Now I have to keep checking this for 5 months?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-23 21:57:42

Evark,

I would be willing to carpool/share hotel room if you want to go half-sees on it, if I am still living in New England by then. Since my wife's graduate programs start in early June, I may move to another state/region of the country before then. if I wind up in arizona or florida, I wouldn't be able to afford plane tickets up to Montreal.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-23 23:31:27

Maybe.

If I show up, people better pay for all my drinks as well.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-23 23:38:47

At 1/23/10 11:32 PM, FBIpolux wrote:
At 1/23/10 11:31 PM, Jonas wrote: Maybe.

If I show up, people better pay for all my drinks as well.
YOU DRINK?

Lol, then I guess paying for all his drinks isn't that expansive.

Oh btw, I'll do pretty much all that is in my power to be there, so you can as well put me on that list.
For lodging I'll either sleep at a friend's house or rent a hotel room with some strangers from some weird website with hentai* like I did last year.

You can marvel at my pretty face on this page:
http://www.brainwashstudios.com/ng-montr eal-2009-main.html

*By "strangers from some weird website with hentai" I mean NGers, obviously.

My signature was old so I changed it.

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-24 00:29:34

So yeah, I'll be there, and I have a swanky apartment that people can crash at if they want. My roommate will approve.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-24 00:49:19

At 1/24/10 12:29 AM, Rig wrote: So yeah, I'll be there, and I have a swanky apartment that people can crash at if they want. My roommate will approve.

DIBS TIMES INFINITY

FUCKING

DIBS

DIBS

YOU GODDAMN FRENCHIES I CALL DIBS!

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-24 02:00:04

At 1/24/10 12:49 AM, Malachy wrote:
At 1/24/10 12:29 AM, Rig wrote: So yeah, I'll be there, and I have a swanky apartment that people can crash at if they want. My roommate will approve.
DIBS TIMES INFINITY

FUCKING

DIBS

DIBS

CHANGE YOUR RSVP STATUS ON THAT FACEBOOK THING TO "ATTENDING" THEN GOD DAMNIT FAILACHY

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-24 02:17:47

I want to come! I'm over 18! I don't speak french. I don't have a passport. I'm to lazy to get one. so...

I always miss out in all the fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-24 02:30:54

If I can make it, can I crash at your's then?

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-24 05:03:36

DIBS TIMES INFINITY

FUCKING

DIBS

DIBS

Secondary dibs with the added benefit that I'm not sure if I'm going to go yet. But if it's in June, probably.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-24 05:29:51

DIBS TIMES INFINITY
At 1/24/10 02:30 AM, CosmicDeath wrote: If I can make it, can I crash at your's then?
At 1/24/10 05:03 AM, 36Holla wrote: Secondary dibs with the added benefit that I'm not sure if I'm going to go yet.

Not too sure how many people will fit comfortably at my place. I have a futon for two and my bed holds two. In any case, I found that during meetups, people will sleep pretty much anywhere :O

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-24 05:59:05

At 1/24/10 05:29 AM, Rig wrote: Not too sure how many people will fit comfortably at my place. I have a futon for two and my bed holds two. In any case, I found that during meetups, people will sleep pretty much anywhere :O

Dude, as long as there's a roof over my head, I'll take any floor spot that's available. As I type this, I'm at a friends place, planning to sleep on the floor with no pillow and I have no qualms.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-24 05:59:45

Maybe I'll come, wouldn't that be just ridiculous?

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-24 06:07:53

At 1/24/10 05:59 AM, Murudai wrote: Maybe I'll come, wouldn't that be just ridiculous?

Ridiculously AWESOME.
Srsly, doooo it.

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-01-24 06:09:13

At 1/24/10 06:01 AM, FBIpolux wrote:
At 1/24/10 05:59 AM, Murudai wrote: Maybe I'll come, wouldn't that be just ridiculous?
Not if you bring Nephthys with you, she lives in Canberra.

Well I hope that girl has rich parents, not going to be a cheap flight.