00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Touristic56 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten

35,677 Views | 420 Replies

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-09 13:09:50

Pako (??)
All right, people I put a (??) next to their name are people that haven't confirmed their presence recently / don't live in Montreal or haven't bought their tickets yet. Make sure you confirm your stuff in this thread of to me VIA PM :) And if I forgot someone tell me.

Post away!

Yeah I've got a conference that weekend so i'll probably travel Friday evening and head back Saturday night hungover after the beerfest. It'll be a short trip but i figured i can't miss out on this haha

OMG THATLOL!!

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-09 13:13:08

At 5/9/10 01:09 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Speaking of that Karaoke bar... I wonder if we could like... make reservations for 30 some people...

Well, we made a reservation for about 15 people last year, we'll have to see if we're gonna be able to do it again for 30 this year.

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-09 13:15:11

At 5/9/10 01:07 PM, Luis wrote: Yea the karaoke place we went to last year was awesome, i dont remember the name but they had pitcher beers that were cheap and it wasnt that crowded.

I don't know the name either, but yeah, I go there all the time. FYI, it's really popular nowadays and if you want any chance of getting a spot for 30 people, you'd better be there at like 7 or 8. The beer's still cheap though, and I do believe you can make reservations for that amount of people anyways. I was there Friday night, and there was some social or something that took up the entire front of the bar.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-09 13:16:14

At 5/9/10 01:15 PM, Rig wrote: I was there Friday night, and there was some social or something that took up the entire front of the bar.

Yeah, those fucking kids were loud...
Grumble grumble grumble...

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-09 13:16:44

At 5/9/10 01:16 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote:
At 5/9/10 01:15 PM, Rig wrote: I was there Friday night, and there was some social or something that took up the entire front of the bar.
Yeah, those fucking kids were loud...
Grumble grumble grumble...

Yay for earplugs.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-09 13:46:04

At 5/9/10 01:09 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Speaking of that Karaoke bar... I wonder if we could like... make reservations for 30 some people...

I wouldnt mention 30, most places will flat out say no, cause its such a large number. Just say a group of 20 or something, and if we do end up with 30 then they can just crowd around. Its not like we're ordering food there anyway, i wouldnt care about having to be sitting all the time.

Or we could just get a group to go there earlier and just kinda slowly take over that place. Would also probably be good idea to see which day its less jammed, like maybe move that to Friday instead of Sat night if it makes more sense.

I kind of feel like 30 is a very optimistic number. But i guess i could be wrong.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-09 13:47:44

At 5/9/10 01:46 PM, Luis wrote: Would also probably be good idea to see which day its less jammed, like maybe move that to Friday instead of Sat night if it makes more sense.

From what we've seen this Friday, I would suggest sticking with Saturday.

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-09 13:49:43

I'm planning to go. And if I do, I could carpool with any one who needs a ride.

Tox isn't allowed to come or I'm not going-Suprememessage

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-09 14:17:13

That karaoke place is as packed on Friday nights as it is on Saturday nights. There's really no way to get around this.

All bars downtown are like this. And I'm pretty sure it's the same anywhere else. Hell, even Thursdays is packed everywhere since it's ladies night.

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-09 14:25:40

At 5/9/10 02:17 PM, SNIPER wrote: That karaoke place is as packed on Friday nights as it is on Saturday nights. There's really no way to get around this.

Michelle mentioned that, since its Beerfest, the crowds downtown might be diverted to the Windsor Station instead of the bars. So we could make a reservation for 20 on Saturday and it should be ok.

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-09 14:39:48

At 5/9/10 02:34 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Actually thinking about it... a walk on the Mont-Royal with everyone would be sweet. Also it's really close to my house and Pox's house. >_>

And I live at the base of the mountain.
Like, literally.

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-09 15:06:52

if i recal correctly, the karaoke name was..... les 3 amigos. OR la boite à musique. one or the other....

Together, we can do that we can't do alone. Nous vaincrons, ensemble, pour la gloire du QUÉBEC LIBRE!!!

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-09 15:22:32

Lol i like your signature.

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-09 17:48:22

ok so let's see here..

laser quest was really fun last meetup, I vote for that on one of the days
bbq at DTG's place is also a good idea since we don't have to worry about crowds
I'm always down for touristy stuff too. and I'm interested in the o'noir restaurant if anyone else is

I'm kind of wary about beerfest on any night but thursday. the last beerfest I went too wasn't really that fun, and that was before it got crowded. Same with karoke- it's fun, but not when you're crammed into a bar with a ton of other people.

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-09 23:03:00

At 5/9/10 05:48 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote: ok so let's see here..

laser quest was really fun last meetup, I vote for that on one of the days
bbq at DTG's place is also a good idea since we don't have to worry about crowds
I'm always down for touristy stuff too. and I'm interested in the o'noir restaurant if anyone else is

I'm kind of wary about beerfest on any night but thursday.

Im not gonna be around thurs. but id probably skip the beerfest. As much as I love beer, it was kinda crowded and hot and the sampling of the beer can get pricey.

Regardless of whether everyone gets a chance to do kareoke, i'd probably still recommend that place for drinks. The pitchers are fucking huge and dirt cheap.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-10 00:17:30

At 5/9/10 11:03 PM, Luis wrote: Im not gonna be around thurs. but id probably skip the beerfest. As much as I love beer, it was kinda crowded and hot and the sampling of the beer can get pricey.

Regardless of whether everyone gets a chance to do kareoke, i'd probably still recommend that place for drinks. The pitchers are fucking huge and dirt cheap.

I know 2 other places that have beer that cheap. Basically it's 2 other bars owned by the same person.

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-10 08:00:10

At 5/10/10 12:17 AM, SNIPER wrote: I know 2 other places that have beer that cheap. Basically it's 2 other bars owned by the same person.

We're NOT going to Cock N Bull.

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-10 08:02:51

At 5/9/10 11:03 PM, Luis wrote: Regardless of whether everyone gets a chance to do kareoke, i'd probably still recommend that place for drinks. The pitchers are fucking huge and dirt cheap.

You know what's CHEAPER than that? Buying 12 packs at the dep and drinking them on my deck. Honestly, is kareoke that important?

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-10 12:36:08

At 5/10/10 08:02 AM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: You know what's CHEAPER than that? Buying 12 packs at the dep and drinking them on my deck. Honestly, is kareoke that important?

I thought we were hanging out at the vip deck one of the days anyway?

None

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-10 12:38:11

Seeing as I live about 10 minutes away from this meetup, I'll take a bus and be there!

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-10 12:58:00

At 5/10/10 08:00 AM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote:
At 5/10/10 12:17 AM, SNIPER wrote: I know 2 other places that have beer that cheap. Basically it's 2 other bars owned by the same person.
We're NOT going to Cock N Bull.

How about Hatters?

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-10 13:08:26

Looking good as far as activities are concerned. Just my two cents here but I've been to O'Noir for a couple of parties and it's not that the experience is something you should miss out on. Thing is that for the price they charge for a full meal and the fact that I lost half my food makes it a maybe in my opinion.

Which laser tag place do you guys plan on going to? LaserQuest on St-Catherine's.

If anyone still needs a place to stay for any of the days of the event I could offer my guest room or couple of couches in my basement.

Anyone who is going to be using cabs while in Montreal send me a PM I could arrange something for you. But I would suggest using the BMW. Bus Metro Walk, a 3 day pass for public transit is 14$.

Looks fun, if they're is anything you would need from me send me a request.

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-10 14:29:04

Confirmed. You may now ask to ride along with me. I'm going from Fenton, MI into the wild eastern bounds of Quebec along the Queen's Way likely passing through Hamilton.

That being said, if you wanted to go, but didn't have a ride, you may split gas with me, and deal with it from there. If you don't have gas money when I arrive in Quebec, I LEAVE WITHOUT YOU.

Which shouldn't be an issue, if you brought your wallet/purse/crotchpocket.

Anyways, it's a yearly excursion I do for my Canadian kin, so if anyone wants to tag along, get ahold of me. There's about 3-4 spots available in my car, which is not the beast of yesteryears some may remember, it's a much more spacious vehicle so lots of room and such.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-10 15:40:15

Ouch. I see how it is.

Think you're pretty clever...

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-10 21:56:48

I have my tickets booked and will be arriving Friday afternoon. JordanD convinced me to come. Will be fun to meet a lot of you NG'ers, especially since I am sure no one recognizes my name :P

Also, being a Canadian already, I am familiar with the poutine. However, I am not at all opposed to a fat-ass Montreal poutine in front of me at some point. I don't know how different they are, but the fact that it's mandatory makes me think they're amazing(ly gross).

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-11 01:12:43

At 5/10/10 08:00 AM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: We're NOT going to Cock N Bull.

bah! the new Cock N Bull is just like karaoke place, sportstation, Pj's.

it's not like it was before. You got The Bull for that.

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-11 10:00:27

FBIpolux: Themasterkid lives in MTL...so I think he's coming (without the ???). Also, why isn't Dez on that list?

At 5/10/10 01:08 PM, Themasterkid wrote: Looking good as far as activities are concerned. Just my two cents here but I've been to O'Noir for a couple of parties and it's not that the experience is something you should miss out on. Thing is that for the price they charge for a full meal and the fact that I lost half my food makes it a maybe in my opinion.

If we go, it'll probably be on the Thursday night. Smaller group andit's less noisy than on Friday and Saturday. Going once is probably worth it. Losing half your food is your own fault though. :P

Which laser tag place do you guys plan on going to? LaserQuest on St-Catherine's.

Yep.

Anyone who is going to be using cabs while in Montreal send me a PM I could arrange something for you. But I would suggest using the BMW. Bus Metro Walk, a 3 day pass for public transit is 14$.

Does that include the price of the Opus card (3.50$)? Also - THERE'S A NEW BUS LINE GOING FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE METRO. 747. It's 7.50$ I think. Gets you to Metro Lionel-Groulx in 10 min (longer if there's traffic). Much, much cheaper than a taxi and once you're on the metro line, it's easy to get around.

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-11 13:40:27

As for the activities, anything that might be fun. I don't really care what we will do, but it still important to do an activity list. If there is fun and good times involved, i'm in.

Together, we can do that we can't do alone. Nous vaincrons, ensemble, pour la gloire du QUÉBEC LIBRE!!!

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-11 15:06:51

Adding Timmy to the list, also I guess im going on thursday also. I heard theres booze that day. Couldnt resist.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-11 22:01:22

At 5/11/10 10:00 AM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: Also - THERE'S A NEW BUS LINE GOING FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE METRO. 747. It's 7.50$ I think. Gets you to Metro Lionel-Groulx in 10 min (longer if there's traffic).

It can also get you to Berri-UQAM, depending on where your hotel is.