00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten

35,726 Views | 420 Replies

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-03 22:51:35

Just so people know, Gunter45, Afro-Ninja, Chrispington and myself will be hitting beerfest on the thursday evening (before the crowd sets in). Anyone can come up early and join us. :)

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-03 23:09:21

Wish I could make it, sounds wicked! I still live in Canada and its still over 2000 KM from here!

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-03 23:21:59

At 5/3/10 10:51 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: Just so people know, Gunter45, Afro-Ninja, Chrispington and myself will be hitting beerfest on the thursday evening (before the crowd sets in). Anyone can come up early and join us. :)

I'm coming in on Thursday afternoon so assuming everything goes off with no problem, I'd be up for some early Beerfesting as well.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-03 23:42:38

At 5/3/10 10:51 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: Just so people know, Gunter45, Afro-Ninja, Chrispington and myself will be hitting beerfest on the thursday evening (before the crowd sets in). Anyone can come up early and join us. :)

I think that's the best thing to do...
Saturday PM is a big no no for large groups...

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-04 01:01:47

Anyone who's coming and doesn't have my number, PM me. It'll be easy this way since I have all the Montreal users numbers already.

This is pretty much how it went down at the last big one here anyways. LMAO

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-04 15:56:46

At 5/3/10 11:13 PM, FBIpolux wrote:

nice to start scheduling stuff.

I know I'm working on Thursday and probably Friday (morning) so I'll see what I can do.

Great idea!!! Do it :D

Together, we can do that we can't do alone. Nous vaincrons, ensemble, pour la gloire du QUÉBEC LIBRE!!!

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-04 22:03:08

I'll be there 100% sure. I've always wondered how big the Newground scene was around here. Well see you all there.

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-04 22:15:18

At 5/4/10 10:03 PM, Themasterkid wrote: I'll be there 100% sure. I've always wondered how big the Newground scene was around here. Well see you all there.

McGill Law - ouch. Are you originally from Montreal?

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-04 22:31:13

At 5/4/10 10:15 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote:
At 5/4/10 10:03 PM, Themasterkid wrote: I'll be there 100% sure. I've always wondered how big the Newground scene was around here. Well see you all there.

Yup, Yup. I wanted to go last year but I was in L.A. with the family so couldn't. I'll try to bring some females to this so it's not a total sausage fest. I know it's weird having a lawyer come to this but I've been on Newgrounds for a bit, I just don't have artistic abilities so I've never made anything. :D

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-06 01:13:23

At 5/4/10 10:31 PM, Themasterkid wrote:
At 5/4/10 10:15 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote:
Yup, Yup.

Always nice to have some local blood join up the NG Montreal Family...

I'll try to bring some females to this so it's not a total sausage fest.

...especially in these cases!

I know it's weird having a lawyer come to this but I've been on Newgrounds for a bit, I just don't have artistic abilities so I've never made anything. :D

No worries, FBIpolux has no artistic abilities (or abilities period), but he's still around after all those years!

Oh snap!

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-06 02:13:14

At 5/6/10 02:09 AM, FBIpolux wrote:
At 5/6/10 01:13 AM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: No worries, FBIpolux has no artistic abilities (or abilities period), but he's still around after all those years!

Oh snap!
T'es drôle toi.

Gotta have a scapegoat, don't we!
Trust me, it's nothing personnal ;)

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-07 13:37:42

At 5/6/10 10:12 PM, Chronamut wrote: I'l bring some sexiness to the meet

if you see me with anyone and then you dont see that person for a couple of hours, you know what's going on ;)

Message from DancingTurkeyGod :

"dear sir, rape is a criminal offense here."

:3

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-07 14:28:06

At 5/7/10 01:37 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote:
At 5/6/10 10:12 PM, Chronamut wrote: I'l bring some sexiness to the meet

if you see me with anyone and then you dont see that person for a couple of hours, you know what's going on ;)
Message from DancingTurkeyGod :

"dear sir, rape is a criminal offense here."

He's right! Hey at least if you get ideas you'll have the trusty attorney around for quick advice.

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-07 15:22:31

At 5/7/10 03:18 PM, FBIpolux wrote: So... plans for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

I don't want this to end up like the Baltimore meet where nothing coherent happened.

Then organize some events!
So far, it seems to be Beerfest on Thursday night and Karaoke either on Friday or Saturday.

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-07 16:20:01

At 5/7/10 03:28 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Going back to laserquest at some point would be neat. So would be bar-hopping.

I also vote for no La Ronde this year. Also we're going to be quite a large group this year, I believe, so can we like... reserve a ton of space in the karaoke?

Well you seem to know what you're doing!
I hereby name you the official organizer of the 2010 Montreal meet!
Now get working on it!

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-07 21:09:05

The coupons for having a mustache or wearing a tie are back. Can only use one though.

Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten

None

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-07 22:07:22

At 5/7/10 09:09 PM, Luis wrote: The coupons for having a mustache or wearing a tie are back. Can only use one though.

My facial hair will happily await a free beer.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-07 22:41:25

At 5/7/10 09:09 PM, Luis wrote: The coupons for having a mustache or wearing a tie are back. Can only use one though.

I am attending 100% sure, so is crazychihuahua but he's too lazy to post

Imma start growing the facial hair now, perhaps i'll wear a tie too :P

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-08 07:43:33

Hmmm...For the moustache one, who is the official host?

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-08 09:17:31

So I'm covered from Friday to Sunday on the hotel, but not for Thursday when I arrive. Would anyone local be cool with having me spend that one night at their place. I swear, I won't tell anyone so your cool reps will remain intact.

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-08 09:20:52

i'm only 2 years away from 18

save some beer for me dude

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-08 15:59:21

At 5/8/10 09:17 AM, 36Holla wrote: So I'm covered from Friday to Sunday on the hotel, but not for Thursday when I arrive. Would anyone local be cool with having me spend that one night at their place. I swear, I won't tell anyone so your cool reps will remain intact.

I have a comfy couch-bed, but since I'll be working Friday in the morning, you'll have to leave early and find your way downtown to meet the others.

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-08 17:54:23

At 5/8/10 05:41 PM, Chronamut wrote: I'[m just gonna say this - I ain't going to montreal just to drink and do karaoke - I can fucking do that anywhere - If I'm going to montreal - we better fucking go see some montreal sites - I wanna do some tourism man - you guys should too!

Who's with me on this?

Well, depends what there is...They're talking about the night life at the moment. During the day, we haven't decided what to do. Some people like to spend money, others don't. It makes organizing this meeutp quite hard.

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-08 20:58:10

At 5/8/10 05:41 PM, Chronamut wrote:
Who's with me on this?

I am. When i go to Montreal, i always discover something new, so.....

Together, we can do that we can't do alone. Nous vaincrons, ensemble, pour la gloire du QUÉBEC LIBRE!!!

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-08 21:59:57

At 5/8/10 09:03 PM, FBIpolux wrote: I vote Michelle for organization.

My vote goes to you... or Michelle. either or.

As long as I don't have to do it.

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-08 23:44:49

Evark is +1 non attendee and, at last count, +2 accounts. I didn't actually read the list 'cause I'm tired and a douchebag like that.

Anyone who is willing to hit up the botanical garden... thing, I'm down for that. I went in the winter the last time I was there and I'm told the outdoor stuff is pretty cool. I'm also down for just walking around during the day. Touristy things are cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-09 11:50:59

36Holla and Gunter 45 are coming, for sure.

OK - Sounds like I have to put together the activities....
Here's a few choices. I need everyone's opinion on each activity (good, too expensive, not interested, etc) so I can organize this. In general, the cooler the option, the more expensive it is....

Thursday - June 3

Beerfest: The whole reason WHY we put it on this weekend. Although it sounds great, it's actually ridiculously crowded on Friday and Saturday nights. Those that really want to go to Beerfest should really be coming up Thursday. So far, it looks like Chrispington, Afro-Ninja, Gunter45, probably 36Holla and I will be hitting up Beerfest Thursday evening. Other Montrealers will surely join in.

We could go again during the weekend, but I highly recommend starting early on Saturday afternoon, or else our group will be unmanageable in the crowds.

Entrance: FREE
Coupons: 1$ each
Drink (4 oz): 1-5 coupons each, but most need 2-3.

Friday - June 4

Knowing that most people are coming up this day, there might not be much organized during the day. Those coming up Thursday will likely be hung-over most of the morning/afternoon, so we'll probably take it easy and watch movies or something at my place.

6 PM: Meeting time for all NGers.
I'll be at some restaurant. Depends what people want. I'd say 3 Amigos because it's cheap, but hey, we could also just go to a general burger place. I need to know what people like to eat before deciding this one. How many people want Montreal smoke meat? How many are vegetarians? Etc

We can also have a BBQ at my place, as I have more deck space than space INSIDE my house. There's a grocery store down the street and everyone can pick what they want. We have cheap beer at the depanneur (aka corner store). It's 14.70$ (tx inc.) for a 12 pack.
SO PPL - CHOOSE BBQ OR RESTAURANT.

Most people will be subjected to poutine this evening (at my house or at the restaurant). You have no choice. If you haven't been to Montreal yet, your initiation is eating poutine. Sorry, it is tradition and we can't break it.

After this, we'll probably bar hop. We could go to Brutopia again, or the cyder place, or even check out the French bars (like St-Elizabeth!). If we want to be outside, we'll have to get there early (like 8pm for St-Elizabeth...maybe later for St-Sulpice).

Why not a particular Montreal thing today? Because from past meet-up experience, everyone new to this will be shy. We need to booze in our systems to socialize and get to know everyone. We could organize karaoke this evening as well, but we need to find a place that rents out rooms (please help Montrealers?).

Saturday - June 5

Morning: off. About 12:30-1pm, we'll meet at the Beerfest (or closest metro station, which is Bonaventure). We'll see how the crowds are and check out some beers from around the world. Everyone from out of province needs to try some Quebec beer. It's mandatory.

I know it's early to drink, but it'll get crowded neat 4-5pm. At this point, we could go play some Laser Quest .
Regular: 8.50$/game
3 games for 19$
At 10:20pm on Fridays and Saturdays, for 12$, there's a 30 minute game (aka longer game).

We can also stroll around old Montreal now or after Laser Quest. Tons of restaurants to choose from in the old Montreal area. However, they tend to be more on the expensive side (20-30$/meal +tx + tip).

Afterwards, we'll go to a bar, party at the hotel or we can come drink at my house (i'm not downtown though...).

Sunday

Easy day Sunday. We can go to the Botanical gardens and insectariums near 12-1pm.
Regular - Adult 16.50$/Student 12.50$
Quebec resident - Adult 14$/Student 10.50$
Group rate (at least 15 people) - 12.00$/person
With Insectarium - Adult 26.50$/Student: 20.00$

Other options for day time activities:

Jet boating or Rafting on the Lachine canal: 50 and 41$ respectively, + taxes My parents did this once and loved it. They came back soaking wet, so just come prepared.

Laser Quest can always be moved to the Friday or the Sunday as well.

Other options for restaurants:

Montreal is known for its culinary, but to really go to a GOOD restaurant, you got to dish out the money. There's one restaurant I've always wanted to go to: O.Noir. Basically, you eat in total darkness. There's blind waiters that serve you. Without your vision, it's supposed to enhance your taste, hearing and touch senses. They'll even cut your food into awkward shapes to fool you into thinking it's something different. However, it's expensive at like 30-40$/meal.

That's all I got for now. I'm open to other options if you know any.

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-09 12:03:08

At 5/8/10 03:59 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: I have a comfy couch-bed, but since I'll be working Friday in the morning, you'll have to leave early and find your way downtown to meet the others.

That'd be much appreciated. I'll message you later about the details of when I arrive and all that.

BBS Signature

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-09 12:51:11

At 5/9/10 11:50 AM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: OK - Sounds like I have to put together the activities....

Awesome list!
The only thing missing really is the karaoke, which needs to return this year. I suggest Saturday night for that. Also, spending an evening at La Ronde (I think it's cheaper past 5) would be cool.

Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-09 13:07:19

At 5/9/10 12:51 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote:
At 5/9/10 11:50 AM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: OK - Sounds like I have to put together the activities....
Awesome list!
The only thing missing really is the karaoke, which needs to return this year. I suggest Saturday night for that. Also, spending an evening at La Ronde (I think it's cheaper past 5) would be cool.

Yea the karaoke place we went to last year was awesome, i dont remember the name but they had pitcher beers that were cheap and it wasnt that crowded. I dont recommend karaoke places where you have to rent rooms. It gets mega expensive with 30 some people. The tab for the new york one was 800 dollars.

None

BBS Signature