00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RYKEO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0

676,741 Views | 14,988 Replies

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 08:44:16

Right now i'm slamming my face against my desk as I try to figure out Far Cry 2. Such a pain in the ass of a game.

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 09:02:28

At 8/3/11 07:16 AM, phrozonfire wrote: Expect me tonight.

I may be able to play tonight, although depending on what time you're online it's possible that I may already be in a party. It's possible we'll be on BC2 anyway, but maybe not.

At 8/3/11 08:44 AM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote: Right now i'm slamming my face against my desk as I try to figure out Far Cry 2. Such a pain in the ass of a game.

What is the problem? I don't remember the game being particularly hard, I just hated all those bloody guard posts scattered all over the map.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 09:07:38

At 8/3/11 09:02 AM, Dean wrote: What is the problem? I don't remember the game being particularly hard, I just hated all those bloody guard posts scattered all over the map.

Well the map thing is no help, and i'm having problems just getting an objective. Finding 243 diamonds with a blinking flashlight is horrifying, and those guards are really pissing me off...especially when my weapons are jamming or my rpgs are dropping on the ground and blowing me up. Such a frustrating game!

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 09:15:45

At 8/3/11 09:07 AM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote: Such a frustrating game!

Haha, yea it is pretty annoying. I made it to the Southern part of the map and at that point I just gave up. I'd like to finish it at some point but I can't ever see that happening to be honest.

Also, does anyone know if I need a character from the original Mass Effect that has actually completed the game imported into Mass Effect 2 to get the achievement or can I just make a new character on Mass Effect 1 and load it straight into Mass Effect 2? I might as well try to get that achievement, but I can't see myself playing through the game twice, so I'd rather do it in a single play through.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 10:47:39

At 8/3/11 06:13 AM, Dean wrote: I just hate the fact that there's numbers in mine. Why was I so uncreative when signing up?

Because using your real name as a username is so creative, right?

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 11:16:45

At 8/3/11 10:47 AM, SpiderTaco wrote: Because using your real name as a username is so creative, right?

You know what I meant. I'd rather be referred to as Dean when playing with strangers than something stupid like L33tSn1p3r. I just wish I put something a little less generic than my surname initial and year of birth afterwards.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 12:24:15

At 8/3/11 05:44 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Would totally change my name if I had the points. Unfortunately i'm about 100 off after buying Beyond Good & Evil

Does no one here have a job? When I want something I just put some more points on my account and get it. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Although I wouldn't pay for a name change even if I wanted one. It's fucking insulting that Microsoft is nickle and dime-ing us for shit like that. I'll defend Microsoft for some of their bullshit, but they're cock-swabs for doing that and the fact that they're discounting it and people are now jumping at the chance like they've been done a favor just pisses me off more.

Still working my way through Mass Effect with my team of Femme Fatales and it's a whole lot better when you're out exploring the galaxy and the quests become more substantial.

I also picked up The Oblivion 5th Anniversary edition for no other reason than it looked all shiny on the shelf and it was only 30 bucks. I don't even remember the game that well. I know I stopped playing it without getting too far, so I don't know if that bodes well, but I do have a big-ass map now.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 12:28:51

At 8/3/11 12:24 PM, Jercurpac wrote: Does no one here have a job? When I want something I just put some more points on my account and get it. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

That's great for you. Except you can't get jobs in Britain.

I think I'm going to order Borderlands again, because for some reason I left it unfinished, despite being like level 50 or something.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 13:46:13

At 8/3/11 12:24 PM, Jercurpac wrote: It's fucking insulting that Microsoft is nickle and dime-ing us for shit like that.

I'd take paid name changes over people changing their names every couple of days. This way you have to be sure you really want to be called xXSnIpErxEliTeXx and wont change your mind in a week. At least MS gives people the option is you really want a name change, unlike Sony.

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 13:49:39

At 8/3/11 01:46 PM, SpiderTaco wrote: I'd take paid name changes over people changing their names every couple of days. This way you have to be sure you really want to be called xXSnIpErxEliTeXx and wont change your mind in a week. At least MS gives people the option is you really want a name change, unlike Sony.

How about you can change it once a year free and then you can pay for the option to change it more? There are options out there that let Microsoft con the rubes without giving everyone else a fat fist up the shitter.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 15:21:22

Beat Duke Nukem Forever, got 700g from it. I'll probably start OF:Red River later.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 15:58:09

At 8/3/11 01:49 PM, Jercurpac wrote: How about you can change it once a year free and then you can pay for the option to change it more? There are options out there that let Microsoft con the rubes without giving everyone else a fat fist up the shitter.

Exactly. The fact that they've put it on 'sale' also just goes to show that they see it as a money making opportunity as oppose to a fee to stop people regularly changing. 560MPS is extortionate, forget 800. Like you suggested, I really think they should have some kind of allowance to how often you can change a gamertag free of charge.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 19:08:24

At 8/3/11 07:58 AM, Lagamuffin wrote:
At 8/3/11 05:08 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 8/2/11 10:08 PM, Oliver wrote: If we can bump this to a new page, maybe Leo won't notice.
oliver you astound me you lost our bet TWICE.
<3 <3 <3

hey dean can you do the leaderboard updates for the next two months?

Thanks doll.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 20:07:46

At 8/3/11 07:08 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: hey dean can you do the leaderboard updates for the next two months?

Thanks doll.

Oh my.

Bad Company 2 is lagging like fuck for me, rather irritating.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 20:18:14

I'll do the update. Huehuehue

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 20:18:17

At 8/3/11 07:08 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: hey dean can you do the leaderboard updates for the next two months?

Thanks doll.

No problemo chief.

I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I did not start Mass Effect 2 today, like I said I would. I didn't start any new games. I want to go down to GameStation tomorrow and look for some cheap games that are totally different from what I usually play. Top of my list is JRPGs.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 20:38:39

At 8/3/11 08:18 PM, Dean wrote:
I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I did not start Mass Effect 2 today, like I said I would. I didn't start any new games. I want to go down to GameStation tomorrow and look for some cheap games that are totally different from what I usually play. Top of my list is JRPGs.

I've heard Blue Dragon is quite good and its very cheap, but its pretty old now.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 20:41:55

At 8/3/11 08:38 PM, LulzCal wrote: I've heard Blue Dragon is quite good and its very cheap, but its pretty old now.

It's on my list of titles to look out for. Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata (maybe) and Lost Odyssey were the main cheap yet decent looking ones I came across online. Any other recommendation of JRPGs that will probably be cheap, feel free to share.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 20:42:13

At 8/3/11 08:38 PM, LulzCal wrote: I've heard Blue Dragon is quite good and its very cheap, but its pretty old now.

Super Mario's pretty old.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 23:27:06

I really want to play Two Worlds II, but only because it's unobtainable.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-03 23:46:33

At 8/3/11 11:35 PM, LoliTastic wrote: You saying that really makes me want to go out and buy Two Worlds 2

Pretty sure you're fine, because you're in America, but There was a shipping issue and shitloads of copies got destroyed, and very, VERY few are in circulation, and they are extremely expensive. Well, more than I am willing to shell out.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-04 01:11:47

At 8/3/11 11:46 PM, phrozonfire wrote: very, VERY few are in circulation, and they are extremely expensive.

Lolsweet. Gotta love release day pre-orders. You guys are missing out, though. It is a pretty decent game. Huge fucking step up from the first game, which brings a lot of hope for the next one. Cept I just ran for my life through the last quest since I didn't want to grind for a couple weeks to get strong enough to take it head on.

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-04 01:21:31

I haven't had any achievements for a couple of days because I've decided that it's time to finish up some seriously overdue games on my card, some of which have been sitting on there since 2006-2007. My aim is to unlock the remaining achievements in these games one game at a time and the reason for my drought is because I've started with GTA4, which I'm hoping to finish either tomorrow or Saturday depending on how completely useless the other people playing Hangman's Noose are.
The game's I'm planning to complete are, in no particular order:

GTA4
AVP
The Orange Box
Braid
Gears of War 2
Far Cry Instincts Predator
TMNT Turtles In Time
Dead Space 2
Contra
Bejeweled Blitz Live
Aegis Wing
Splatterhouse
Dragon Age Origins
Mass Effect 2
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Red Dead Redemption
Red Faction Guerilla
Lego Batman
Bioshock 2

I'm not expecting any of these to be particularly tough to complete although there are a few scattered hard achievements that could give me some shit and there are also a few grinds. Obviously I'm not expecting this to be a quick process getting through all of these and I'll almost certainly be earning less G overall than usual. To be honest as long as I'm done by the time Skyrim comes out I'll be happy enough.

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-04 01:59:49

Got Old World Blues. So far it's worth the 5$ I had to spend to have the rest of the MP I needed.

Seems longer than the other New Vegas DLC, but then again there is a lot of map running.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-04 02:31:23

At 8/3/11 08:41 PM, Dean wrote:
It's on my list of titles to look out for. Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata (maybe) and Lost Odyssey were the main cheap yet decent looking ones I came across online. Any other recommendation of JRPGs that will probably be cheap, feel free to share.

I loathed Eternal Sonata, but I know I'm in the minority on that one and most thought it was at least decent. I quite fancied Lost Oddysee though, it almost felt like a modernized version of Final Fantasy IV. I.ve hears good things about Tales of Vesperia, although I've never been able to really get into the series. Also, it's still selling for 40 bucks where I shop if you're taking that into consideration.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-04 04:17:26

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-04 07:18:19

At 8/4/11 04:17 AM, EtchASketchClock wrote: Best Avatar Item Ever.

Oh god

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-04 07:22:22

"Ever wanted to make your Avatar look like a non-Italian American pretending to be an Italian American? Thanks to these new Jersey Shore Avatar items, you can! "

Good one IGN!

It's also a good job that I decided to hold back on my trip into town. If I left 10 minutes ago like I was about to, I'd now be soaked to the bone. I want to rummage around in GameStation :(

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-04 09:12:06

Picked up Blue Dragon for £5 and Lost Odyssey for £13. Both pre-owned. Lost Odyssey was more of an impulse buy though. I was pleased to find Blue Dragon for £5 and figured I could burn a little more money but now I do slightly regret buying it. Oh well, plenty hours of play time in both games.

Also, I got totally soaked after all. I don't think you could get much wetter without falling into a river. Jeans are soaked right through to my boxers and water even managed to get through my MA-1 air force jacket and soak my t-shirt. I had to take everything out my pockets and put it in the bag I got for holding the games. Damn I regret going out.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2011-08-04 12:35:08

At 8/4/11 09:12 AM, Dean wrote: Also, I got totally soaked

Wet jeans are almost as bad as wet socks.

Bad Company 2 has ceased lagging, thank god.

Considering renting Duke Nukem, just because I have nothing else to play except JRPG's, and I can't be arsed for that yet.

BBS Signature