00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!!

24,559 Views | 420 Replies

The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-10-30 19:00:02

Why hello there everybody, I'm here to tell you about this great idea for a collab. The Resident Evil Collab 2!

I was a part of the first one along with my co-leader, Prime45664. I asked our old leader ApothicFlash if he's cool with us doing the sequel. He agreed and said he'll also think about making something. I myself have a BA over 3.5. Here's proof with five movies over that score. Three being solo projects.

So anyway, this is a flash collaboration where us flash animators get together to make small movies based off the Resident Evil Universe. Movies, games, novels, they're all great. I myself have become a HUGE resi fan, and couldn't wait any longer to start this wonderful sequel. Here are the REQUIRED specs:

24FPS
size: 600x450
background color: white
Blood, gore, and guns are allowed, no nudity please.
You must have a BA of 2.75 or better to join. (if you have no BA, or its under 2.75, I will check you myself. We'll talk then if you really want to make a part)
NO Stick figures
NO sprites
Flash CS3 users MUST save their file in Flash 8 format.
No deadline yet
Put your name in all library items like so to avoid MASSIVE potential errors in the end:

Gustavos_Jill 1

As for length, I'd like for all parts to be under a minute. They can be five seconds if you want. Just remember that the biggest contributors will be co-authored. And if you don't have a large enough BA, but still want to make a part, talk to me. Me and my co-leader REALLY want a quaility collab going.

Alright, lets get to it! Prime is going to show us the menu, and I'll explain how the menu will change based on who enters this collab. Unless Prime wants to do the honors. He is putting the menu together, after all.

Hope you join up with us. This is going to be great!

Happy Halloween Eve! I'm currently dressed as Luigi.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-10-30 19:05:45

At 10/30/09 07:00 PM, Gustavos wrote: Alright, lets get to it! Prime is going to show us the menu, and I'll explain how the menu will change based on who enters this collab. Unless Prime wants to do the honors. He is putting the menu together, after all.

Hi everyone, I'm PRIME45664, and I'll be the co-leader of the collab, I'll just be checking in every once in a while, and answering and questions you may have.

I'm also doing the menu, here is the link to what we have so far. When you send us you're part we also ask that you send a drawing of you as a RE character in a movieclip. and we'll add it to the menu.
(look at the menu to get a feel for how the character should be posed.)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, or send either one of us a PM.

I think that's just about it... let's get going!

Animation | Games | Art | Sprites | My Deviantart | Music | My Userpage

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-10-30 19:13:06

At 10/30/09 07:05 PM, PRIME45664 wrote: Hi everyone, I'm PRIME45664, and I'll be the co-leader of the collab, I'll just be checking in every once in a while, and answering and questions you may have.

I'm also doing the menu, here is the link to what we have so far. When you send us you're part we also ask that you send a drawing of you as a RE character in a movieclip. and we'll add it to the menu.
(look at the menu to get a feel for how the character should be posed.)

As for more info, your guy can be a survivor (like my guy) or a zombie (like Prime). We have a lot more room for survivors. You can be carrying any weapons you would take with you to a zombie-infested city. An M16 assault rifle, an M60 portable heavy machine gun, or a butter knife. Whatever floats your boat.

But don't send your character until you're SURE that you'll be making and finishing a part for this collab. No use in wasting time making decent artwork nobody would ever see. I know I wouldn't.

We won't be having bios. Hover over each character to learn their info. That's what we're doing. You'll see what questions you'd have to answer, but again. Only if you're sure you'll be in the collab.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, or send either one of us a PM.

Indeed.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-10-31 12:29:05

let me join
i have a nice RE4 idea

if you not trust me
i can send it on PM to watch befor i join ok? :P

Watch This Or You Will Die

also NVIDIA GeForce G210M

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-10-31 12:32:51

I would quite like to join the collab, if you want me to PM you some art samples I'll gladly do so.

The Juggernauts will awaken...

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-10-31 13:40:06

Huh? Oh, I was just about to bump this collab with an update on my part.

Oooohh, spooky snake.

Happy Halloween to all, and to all a good night.

At 10/31/09 12:29 PM, bocodamondo wrote: let me join
i have a nice RE4 idea

if you not trust me
i can send it on PM to watch befor i join ok? :P
At 10/31/09 12:32 PM, ZombieKangaroo wrote: I would quite like to join the collab, if you want me to PM you some art samples I'll gladly do so.

Both of you, you don't have to PM the links. Post the link to them here in the thread using a site like SpamTheWEb.com. I'll need Prime to help me decide on if I should even allow you to make a part.

Bocodamondo, you're BA should be something around 2.55 ish. You enjoy placing yourself in your flash games/movies, and by certain signals, I wouldn't know if you can take any flash project seriously. It's not art. To be honest, I don't give a damn about art (probably why mine is so terrible). It's your animation that looks nothing better than a 12 FPS "first flash". Where everything just slides across the screen without even the legs moving.

I'm not trying to be mean. It's just we want quality animators. Not jokers. You can make a part, but if we don't think it's good enough, it's not going in this collab. But of course, you could still submit it to the Flash Portal afterwards as a solo project.

ZombieKangaroo, you have no flashes in the Portal, but apparently parts for other collabs. Can you link to them so I can view them?

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-10-31 13:47:43

At 10/31/09 01:40 PM, Gustavos wrote: ZombieKangaroo, you have no flashes in the Portal, but apparently parts for other collabs. Can you link to them so I can view them?

My part in the Zelda collab was used as a bonus scene, click the heart behind the cliff in Scene 5 to see it.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-10-31 15:34:10

I'm not trying to be mean. It's just we want quality animators. Not jokers. You can make a part, but if we don't think it's good enough, it's not going in this collab. But of course, you could still submit it to the Flash Portal afterwards as a solo project.

ZombieKangaroo, you have no flashes in the Portal, but apparently parts for other collabs. Can you link to them so I can view them?

ok that us fair... but i dont think i gonne upload it today or tommoror maybie not even over tommoroww !!!!! i planing to spent time on , you now what im saying?

Watch This Or You Will Die

also NVIDIA GeForce G210M

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-10-31 15:56:10

At 10/31/09 01:47 PM, ZombieKangaroo wrote:
My part in the Zelda collab was used as a bonus scene, click the heart behind the cliff in Scene 5 to see it.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/49 8263

Heh, that was nice. I have no problems with you making a part for this collab. You got an idea, please go ahead. :)

At 10/31/09 03:34 PM, bocodamondo wrote:

ok that us fair... but i dont think i gonne upload it today or tommoror maybie not even over tommoroww !!!!! i planing to spent time on , you now what im saying?

Well yes, because I'm not the type of animator who makes his flashes within a day. I mean, I made a two minute movie for Pico Day in two weeks, but I had Spring Break, and the ability to shut off all urges for other activities.

Wait, what?

Anyway, go on ahead, make your part. We'll see what happens.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-10-31 16:06:09

I would love to be in the collab! PM me if you want to see some samples or something!
I'm a big Resident Evil Fan and I have a perfect idea for a collab short!

why is basement so much scary at night

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-10-31 16:47:07

At 10/31/09 04:06 PM, Bjorvy wrote: I would love to be in the collab! PM me if you want to see some samples or something!
I'm a big Resident Evil Fan and I have a perfect idea for a collab short!

Geez, guys. Why does everybody want to PM the leader? I would always want to show the whole thread my part. So I can get feedback from everybody. More than one opinion, you know? I'm not totally dependent on my co-leader's opinion, I'm just saying you guys are really strange in this aspect.

Bjorvy, I saw your three most recent movies and it was very strange, how they remind me of myself when I was younger. This movie:

reminds me of this movie:

And your other movies remind me of my first movie Mario vs. Santa. The sloppy sidescrolling animation with a subtle amount of 3D perspectives.

You just need direction. More time to think about what you're doing. More time to pretty up your artwork instead of that sloppy style you have. You have most of the required skills. The rest just need to be learned through experience. Keep your wits about you and you can become something amazing before you're even 16 years old. I just wish there was somebody to tell me that when I was 13.

Go ahead and make your part. If we don't accept it, you can either make it better, or quit and submit that part to the Portal if you think it could do well on its own.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-10-31 17:39:28

I would be remiss if I didn't offer to make a clip for this...

Don't patronize me, I know I'm awful at everything.

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-10-31 19:07:19

At 10/31/09 05:39 PM, Helbereth wrote: I would be remiss if I didn't offer to make a clip for this...

What do you mean? Weren't you the guy who was making an awesome RE movie after coming back after three years of doing nothing?

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-10-31 19:53:15

well id love to be a part of this im a major fan of RE ive got somewhat of an idea in mind wen i get alitle done ill post examples becaus the only thing that ive posted here was a lame part in a collab back when i had just started but now that i have cs4 wacom bamboo tablet and corel painter i can do so much better

Nateofwar owns your mother

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-10-31 22:16:33

At 10/31/09 07:53 PM, Nateofwar wrote: well id love to be a part of this im a major fan of RE ive got somewhat of an idea in mind wen i get alitle done ill post examples becaus the only thing that ive posted here was a lame part in a collab back when i had just started but now that i have cs4 wacom bamboo tablet and corel painter i can do so much better

Well, I can understand that. Go ahead and make something. We'll see what it's like. All fans of Resident Evil are more than welcome here.

Hang on, before you start. Can you save whatever you're making in Flash CS3 format? Perhaps even Flash 8? It would save a lot of time.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-10-31 22:55:33

Hang on, before you start. Can you save whatever you're making in Flash CS3 format? Perhaps even Flash 8? It would save a lot of time.

well i can put this in flash cs3 format but somone in cs3 would have to save it to flash8

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-10-31 22:57:01

At 10/31/09 10:55 PM, Nateofwar wrote:
well i can put this in flash cs3 format but somone in cs3 would have to save it to flash8

I know. We'll need to get somebody with Flash CS3 to convert it for you. But for now, save to a CS3 format.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-01 01:16:59

so heres what i got so far its just
A zombies head exploding
it took a while but its kinda good and i know the arm looks kinda awkward but ill fix that

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-01 01:48:38

At 11/1/09 01:16 AM, Nateofwar wrote: so heres what i got so far its just
A zombies head exploding
it took a while but its kinda good and i know the arm looks kinda awkward but ill fix that

Awesome! Draw that zombie a lower body (or move him down a bit) and he'll look pretty snazzy getting his brains blown everywhere.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-01 01:58:45

At 11/1/09 01:48 AM, Gustavos wrote:
At 11/1/09 01:16 AM, Nateofwar wrote: so heres what i got so far its just
A zombies head exploding
Awesome! Draw that zombie a lower body (or move him down a bit) and he'll look pretty snazzy getting his brains blown everywhere.

easily done bbut im gunna draw him up a background first i want to have more than one part though kinda like a continuous thing split up throughout

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-01 02:22:38

hmm im not sure if this is the place to ask this but i need a female voice actress (preferebly one that sounds somwhat like jill valentine but i dont care too much ) for my part(s)

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-01 05:24:21

At 10/31/09 07:07 PM, Gustavos wrote:
At 10/31/09 05:39 PM, Helbereth wrote: I would be remiss if I didn't offer to make a clip for this...
What do you mean? Weren't you the guy who was making an awesome RE movie after coming back after three years of doing nothing?

Well, yes.

That's going to take a while, though. This would serve as a nice distraction. The movie I'm making is an action flick... I was thinking of doing something with a punchline.

Don't patronize me, I know I'm awful at everything.

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-01 05:58:05

well after being up for 10 hours hopped up on soda and haloween candy ive created a pretty litle update on my part in the making (if youre gunna let me in that is) its pretty unpolished i have to go back and clean up jill and add some shading to her but here it isUpdate =P

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-01 09:29:10

At 10/31/09 03:56 PM, Gustavos wrote:
Heh, that was nice. I have no problems with you making a part for this collab. You got an idea, please go ahead. :)

Thanks very much, I'll get started right away.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-01 11:09:08

At 11/1/09 05:24 AM, Helbereth wrote:
That's going to take a while, though. This would serve as a nice distraction. The movie I'm making is an action flick... I was thinking of doing something with a punchline.

Well gee, that's great. I was going to ask you eventually if you wanted to make a part for this collab. We've never met, I just assumed you might want to. If you got a nice idea, go ahead and show us, let's see what you got after all these years besides prettied up drawings.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-01 11:19:14

At 11/1/09 09:29 AM, ZombieKangaroo wrote:

Can't wait to see it!

At 11/1/09 01:58 AM, Nateofwar wrote:
easily done bbut im gunna draw him up a background first i want to have more than one part though kinda like a continuous thing split up throughout

Whoa hold on there, I was doing something like that. My idea spans over three parts, all revolving around RE1. What do you call those anyway? "Chained parts"?

At 11/1/09 05:58 AM, Nateofwar wrote: well after being up for 10 hours hopped up on soda and haloween candy ive created a pretty litle update on my part in the making (if youre gunna let me in that is) its pretty unpolished i have to go back and clean up jill and add some shading to her but here it isUpdate =P

Hey, that wasn't so bad. Pretty up the drawings if you can. The sound quality is a little off. Do me a favor and go to File>Publish Settings> and click on the Flash tab of the box that pops up. Look at where it says "Audio Stream:" and "Audio Event:" If there's a button near it (it might say "set..." or something like that), click on it and switch the compression to ADCPM on both of them. Then export the movie (ctrl+enter) and reupload it at SpamtheWeb. See if the audio is cleaner. It should be.

And who did the voice of Jill? Perhaps she could also do some work for other members of the collab?

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-01 18:38:22

At 11/1/09 11:19 AM, Gustavos wrote:
At 11/1/09 09:29 AM, ZombieKangaroo wrote:
Can't wait to see it!

At 11/1/09 01:58 AM, Nateofwar wrote:
Whoa hold on there, I was doing something like that. My idea spans over three parts, all revolving around RE1. What do you call those anyway? "Chained parts"?

At 11/1/09 05:58 AM, Nateofwar wrote: well after being up for 10 hours hopped up on soda and haloween candy ive created a pretty litle update on my part in the making (if youre gunna let me in that is) its pretty unpolished i have to go back and clean up jill and add some shading to her but here it isUpdate =P
Hey, that wasn't so bad. Pretty up the drawings if you can. The sound quality is a little off. Do me a favor and go to File>Publish Settings> and click on the Flash tab of the box that pops up. Look at where it says "Audio Stream:" and "Audio Event:" If there's a button near it (it might say "set..." or something like that), click on it and switch the compression to ADCPM on both of them. Then export the movie (ctrl+enter) and reupload it at SpamtheWeb. See if the audio is cleaner. It should be.

And who did the voice of Jill? Perhaps she could also do some work for other members of the collab?

i can pretty it up but for my chained parts i just wanted to do a couple of videos based on nemesis from RE 3 cuz when i played that he scared the fuck out of me and i always got introuble for cursing whenever i heard him yell STARS!!!!!!

im alitle embarassed cuz im a guy (15) and that is my voice trying extremely hard to do a female voice so i guess i could but it would feal weird
i can do any voice acting people need for girls or boys lol (multitalented)

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-01 21:24:40

At 11/1/09 06:38 PM, Nateofwar wrote:
i can pretty it up but for my chained parts i just wanted to do a couple of videos based on nemesis from RE 3 cuz when i played that he scared the fuck out of me and i always got introuble for cursing whenever i heard him yell STARS!!!!!!

Sounds reasonable. My chained parts are about how Richard keeps getting eaten. One spoof on how he dies in Jill's story, one spoof on Chris's story, and finally a spoof that relates to the ending. All of them involving Richard getting eaten, and nobody giving a damn about it.

im alitle embarassed cuz im a guy (15) and that is my voice trying extremely hard to do a female voice so i guess i could but it would feal weird
i can do any voice acting people need for girls or boys lol (multitalented)

Uh, err...shit.

Wasn't expecting that.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-02 00:29:23

you really think i would miss a chance to return to this???

i missed you guys ;)

count me in

HI HOW ARE YOU?

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-02 00:41:32

At 11/2/09 12:29 AM, dante224 wrote: you really think i would miss a chance to return to this???

i missed you guys ;)

count me in

Oh, goodie. Now the Collab will be super fun! In the original collab, I came in late, so I sort of missed most of the activity before it was released. As long as we keep our heads screwed on together, we'll reach our full potential. Who's with me?

I said who's with me!?

Yeah, alright. When I'm at my computer working on Flash, I keep this Collab thread minimized so I can check it every once in a while. If anybody has questions or problems, talk to me. My part is doing fine. Just got to draw Richard.

I hate drawing. I need a damn tablet.