00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Maxim118 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!!

24,515 Views | 420 Replies

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-15 21:28:48

I hope to post this in the beginning of every new page of this thread. So that each member (and outsider thinking of joining the collab) would be up to speed on what has already happenned so far in this collab.

RESIDENT EVIL COLLAB 2 PROGRESS:

Member/ BA estimate/ latest update on part(s)
Gustavos/ 3.75/ here
Prime45664/ 4.11/ his three parts can be viewed here
Bocodamondo/ 2.85/ Part #1 Part#2 Part #3
Helbereth/ 4.15/ Many Different Updates
NateofWar/ No submissions to Portal/ A cute update featuring Nemesis with a propeller hat
Dante224/ 4.20/ only a written script
Amtrax91/ something like 3.80/ rough draft
ChilliC/ no submission that he animated in/ a picture of one of his backgrounds
Ghor7/ 3.70/ rough draft
mydarksides/ 2.85/ no updates yet
DumbassDude/ 4.05/ no updates yet

People who were thinking of making a part, but no further posts from them:

ZombieKangaroo/ BA Not Available/ no updates
Bjorvy/ 2.35/ No update on part

I hope this shows up correctly. I'll keep this writing somewhere safe and update it accordingly each new page. If anybody finds errors, tell me.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-15 21:35:46

At 11/15/09 09:24 PM, Helbereth wrote: Like the title screen... thing...

Y'know "Resident Evil Collab II" up across the screen on the menu... or something.

My comprehension of the English language must not be as good as I thought. Are you telling me you have an image that could be the menu screen? We have the menu covered.

Further info on how the menu will change in the future can be found on the first page.

Or, are you telling me that the little "Resident Evil Collab 2" title featured in your new sig, can be used as a replacement for our same title in the menu?

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-15 21:46:32

I also have how I want to be portrayed in the menu: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/2609/675 32_Amtrax91_residentevilstyle.php
Obviously I think I will be hiding behind the wall like a bitch, but this is definately how i wanna be portrayed.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-15 22:03:20

At 11/15/09 09:46 PM, AMTRAX91 wrote: I also have how I want to be portrayed in the menu: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/2609/675 32_Amtrax91_residentevilstyle.php
Obviously I think I will be hiding behind the wall like a bitch, but this is definately how i wanna be portrayed.

Looks pretty cool, but a wall? You may want to run that idea by Prime. Making a wall on that bitmap background would make it look unfitting. Sticking out like a sore thumb. But instead, would you have any problems with being off to the side? Or just behind everybody else?

And as for the character, what's with the pool of blood and blood stains on the shoulder? And if you want, you can pretty him up with shading. Lighting effects, I mean. The light source is down the alley.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-15 22:55:09

At 11/15/09 10:03 PM, Gustavos wrote:
At 11/15/09 09:46 PM, AMTRAX91 wrote: I also have how I want to be portrayed in the menu: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/2609/675 32_Amtrax91_residentevilstyle.php
Looks pretty cool, but a wall? You may want to run that idea by Prime. Making a wall on that bitmap background would make it look unfitting. Sticking out like a sore thumb. But instead, would you have any problems with being off to the side? Or just behind everybody else?

And as for the character, what's with the pool of blood and blood stains on the shoulder? And if you want, you can pretty him up with shading. Lighting effects, I mean. The light source is down the alley.

I meant behind the wall where luigi is shooting the zombie. And he's covered in blood because he's been fighting zombies...possibly with a baseball bat and a chainsaw...oh wait wrong game... Yea i'll tweak the effects. I dont care where I'm positioned just as long as it looks good with everything else.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-15 23:02:48

At 11/15/09 10:03 PM, Gustavos wrote:
At 11/15/09 09:46 PM, AMTRAX91 wrote: Obviously I think I will be hiding behind the wall like a bitch, but this is definately how i wanna be portrayed.

yeah, unfortunately there isn't really a wall to hide behind, along with Gustavos's ideas, you could also be to the side hiding behind a box... something similar to this one. with all the other stuff...

Animation | Games | Art | Sprites | My Deviantart | Music | My Userpage

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-15 23:53:49

At 11/15/09 11:02 PM, PRIME45664 wrote:

\

to this one. with all the other stuff...

Epic win on the picture

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 00:29:24

At 11/15/09 11:02 PM, PRIME45664 wrote: similar to this one.

Am I to believe you pulled that picture out of a magic hat?

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 06:21:00

ok i make it shorter & fix the jill back kevin pic

Watch This Or You Will Die

also NVIDIA GeForce G210M

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 11:15:30

At 11/16/09 06:21 AM, bocodamondo wrote: ok i make it shorter & fix the jill back kevin pic

Right on, right on.

I stayed home today because I'm sick. Not too sick for school, but still feeling pretty bad. It means that I have a good number of hours to work in peace. I once said I'll be making three parts all having a similar joke (Richard dying and nobody caring), but I decided not to do the other two I had planned. They're not funny enough for all the work I'd end up doing. So now I have two more ideas. One is short (10-15 seconds), but I think it's hilarious, and the other is longer but I think it would be great for the first part to be shown in the final collab. But we'll decide THAT later.

So, anyway, I'm gonna get to work on the shorter one. See youse guys.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 11:41:29

Just wondering, I can make a part regarding ANY Resident Evil game?

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 12:07:57

At 11/16/09 11:41 AM, DumbassDude wrote: Just wondering, I can make a part regarding ANY Resident Evil game?

Yes, any movie, game, novel, or graphic novel. BUT, think about the general audience. Sure, a good number of them played RE5 or 4, and some of them grew up with the older games, but not everybody. You may want to think twice about making jokes of the plot in, say, Code Veronica. Try to make jokes about things that people can get. It doesn't even have to involve characters or scenes from the games. It could be a joke about the zombies or certain well-known enemies like Nemesis or the lickers.

In this collab:

I think it missed a good score because of how hard it is to follow. I thought some of it was kind of funny anyway, but I still didn't get it. I never even heard of Warhammer.

In conclusion, it's great that some of us would like to appeal to hardcore Resi fans, but really, don't go overboard.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 14:38:43

At 11/15/09 09:35 PM, Gustavos wrote:
Or, are you telling me that the little "Resident Evil Collab 2" title featured in your new sig, can be used as a replacement for our same title in the menu?

Yeah, that.

That title menu looks a bit bland, too, imo.

Don't patronize me, I know I'm awful at everything.

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 14:58:29

At 11/16/09 02:38 PM, Helbereth wrote:
At 11/15/09 09:35 PM, Gustavos wrote:
Yeah, that.

Well, I think that would be a swell idea. But Prime is the authority on what goes in and out of the menu.

Say, Prime, the little title in our menu, the one that says "Resident Evil Collab 2". How do you feel about a replacement? The one Helbereth has in his sig is a tad bit more eye-catching in my opinion. At least when I picture how it could look.

After roughly three and a half hours of near constant (but not 100% focused) flash work, I came up with my first background. What do you guys think? Think of chapter 2-2 of Resident Evil 5. The mountain pass after you get through the mines.

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/2709/423 18_Resident_Evil_Collab_part_4.php

I learned a quick lesson in design. The backgrounds must not have colors that "clash". The colors should actually be a little similar unless something is meant to not fit in. (like a truck in a forest). The trick is to have the background good-looking, but not too distracting. Or, well, it was saying stuff like that. Whatever it said, I think I nearly nailed it.

Anyway, I think I also should explain what my part is about. Chris is standing in the mountain pass training his gun forward, waiting for an enemy to come into view, when a stick of dynamite comes down and explodes behind him. He's thrown off his feet, and opens his eyes to find his right leg gone.

"Shit! My leg blew off!"

Sheva comes into view holding a green herb, saying "Use this!". And she drops it on his back and it dissapears making the "healing" sound.

Chris then says "What the-how is a plant gonna help me? This is-...". Then he looks awestruck as he watches a new leg coming out of where his old one was. Good as new.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 15:04:31

Was there something in the intro about making a character/drawing/something to appear on the menu screen?

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 15:11:32

At 11/16/09 03:04 PM, Helbereth wrote: Was there something in the intro about making a character/drawing/something to appear on the menu screen?

In the first page of the collab, we explained what we'll be doing with the menu. All the members of the collab will have to make a character that resembles themselves, somewhat, and they'll be in the menu. They can be doing whatever you want them to do. Most notably, they could be carrying the badass weapons of your choice, and aim at Prime the Zombie. It's up to you! Have fun with it!

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 15:32:36

In the first page of the collab, we explained what we'll be doing with the menu. All the members of the collab will have to make a character that resembles themselves, somewhat, and they'll be in the menu. They can be doing whatever you want them to do. Most notably, they could be carrying the badass weapons of your choice, and aim at Prime the Zombie. It's up to you! Have fun with it!

lol xD

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 15:43:54

At 11/16/09 03:32 PM, bocodamondo wrote:
lol xD

Mr. Stevenson, would you like to tell the class what you find so funny?

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 15:52:01

I can't believe I hadn't noticed it before. Could you guys reccomend this to the Resident Evil Collection?

The collection is so stale, they need the collab, and perhaps a sequel to that collab, what do you guys think? :)

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 16:05:42

Is it to late to get in teh collab?

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 16:17:23

By behind the wall, I meant being the black bushey blob thing. I was planning on being the only one without a weapon since I am naturally a coward and would be heading up to alaska to escape the zombie apocolypse (HI ANCHORAGE!). Naturally if there was a resistence against the zombies I would be the comedy relief guy who ends up dying first. That is my explaination for how I wanted to be represented. I think that there was confusion on what I meant. If not, then let me know so I can remake the character and post it later

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 16:25:06

At 11/15/09 06:30 PM, Helbereth wrote: Oh, and, I think the 'Resident Evil Collab II' thing I made would make for a good menu screen clip. It's actually much higher res than you can see in the little banner.

send me a high res, and I'll show you guys how it turns out.

At 11/16/09 04:17 PM, AMTRAX91 wrote: By behind the wall, I meant being the black bushey blob thing.

oops, I forgot to mention, those blobs are just place holders for you're characters

At 11/16/09 12:29 AM, Gustavos wrote: Am I to believe you pulled that picture out of a magic hat?

no, I sketched it in about 5 or so minutes. But you're entitled to you're own believes and opinions...

Animation | Games | Art | Sprites | My Deviantart | Music | My Userpage

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 16:31:37

OOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Okay then I'll retool the design. I may just make myself hide in a box, giving the middle finger to the zombie or something. I'll figure some shitz out.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 16:47:26

At 11/16/09 03:43 PM, Gustavos wrote:
At 11/16/09 03:32 PM, bocodamondo wrote:
lol xD
Mr. Stevenson, would you like to tell the class what you find so funny?

lol relax ^^ i was laugh only because the menu its cool ^^

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 19:59:12

At 11/16/09 04:05 PM, MegaSwedenBoT wrote: Is it to late to get in teh collab?

See, this is an example of somebody who doesn't read the specs of a collab.

You have no submissions, therefore no BA, therefore nothing to let me see your skill at using flash. We're accepting quality submissions. Any parts that LOOK like a generic first flash, will not be accepted.

And no, it is not too late to join teh collab.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 20:01:19

So... something like this:

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 20:16:23

I'm figuring on mine ducking behind the barricade for a moment - probably to reload.

Oh, and yes, that's pretty much what I'd look like in a cartoon. Rotund, wily hair, disheveled beard, crooked grin, narrowed eyes, T-shirt and jeans with 10-year-old Faded Glory sneakers...

The Beretta is about the only thing that I probably wouldn't have irl.

Should it be animated at all?

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 20:45:51

At 11/16/09 04:25 PM, PRIME45664 wrote:
At 11/15/09 06:30 PM, Helbereth wrote: Oh, and, I think the 'Resident Evil Collab II' thing I made would make for a good menu screen clip. It's actually much higher res than you can see in the little banner.
send me a high res, and I'll show you guys how it turns out.

well that's the high rez at full movie scale.

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 21:23:56

At 11/16/09 08:16 PM, Helbereth wrote: I'm figuring on mine ducking behind the barricade for a moment - probably to reload.

So instead of a pretend wall, we have a pretend barricade now? Wow-wee!

Hey, if there was a barricade in our menu picture, it would take the viewers minds off of how we're using a bitmap as a background. It would also look like the game The Last Stand. Plus, we could use Amtrax's version of his character. Prime, what say you?

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-16 23:02:35

At 11/16/09 09:23 PM, Gustavos wrote:
At 11/16/09 08:16 PM, Helbereth wrote: I'm figuring on mine ducking behind the barricade for a moment - probably to reload.
So instead of a pretend wall, we have a pretend barricade now? Wow-wee!

Hey, if there was a barricade in our menu picture, it would take the viewers minds off of how we're using a bitmap as a background. It would also look like the game The Last Stand. Plus, we could use Amtrax's version of his character. Prime, what say you?

I could just add a barricade behind myself...

Something like the steel barricades dropped on the beaches for the Normandy invasion.

BBS Signature