00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

punk563 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!!

24,480 Views | 420 Replies

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-09 21:51:27

At 11/9/09 01:18 AM, ChiliC wrote: background is finished. What do ya think?

Top notch, I'd say. I just hope you'll be using that background for longer than 2 seconds. Adam Phillips-esque backgrounds are nice, but there's not much point if they're not around long enough for people to admire them. A waste of time, you know? It's just what I believe.

At 11/9/09 08:52 PM, GHOR7 wrote: i'm 90% done with my part already... it's about 10 seconds long...hm... maybe I should make more...

Ah, yes. Everybody, this is Ghor. He pmed me asking to be a part of this collab, and I asked him to post a quick hello to let you all know he's here. He didn't manage the "hello" exactly, but I just want everybody to know he's here with us now. I haven't quite taken a look at his flash movies yet to be honest, but I will soon. He has the BA, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

Anyway, ghor, if by "more" you mean more parts, than that's perfectly fine. There are no limits to how many parts you can make. And if you don't mind, could you upload your part when it's finished to Spamtheweb.com? Post a link to the URL here in this thread so we can review it. Tell you what to change and whatnot.

At 11/9/09 01:36 PM, AMTRAX91 wrote: Got my first part written.

And it's pretty good, but one quick change:

I'm f*cking tired of Mexico,

Resident Evil 4 took place in rural Spain. Europe. In the part of the country that nobody knows nor cares about. Another change would be:

I'VE GOT A DAMN ZOMBIE EGG IN MY BLOODSTREAM

It was a plaga egg. The zombies weren't zombies, they were mindcontrolled by Lord Saddler. So, it would make the most sense for her to say "I've got a damn alien egg in my gut". The plaga's seem like something from outer space. But really it's an extinct super parasite that they revived from fossils. Somehow. Forgot that part of the history.

Leon kicks her into the lake where she is eaten by Del Lago.

Del Lago (in the voice of Bruce the Gay Performance Artist from Family Guy)- Mmmm, yummy, mmm.

Ashley- AND F*CK THIS GOD DAMNED FISH!
Oh hey look a sandwich.

Really, I doubt our audience will be tolerant of immature humor. Can we switch it to something like taking out this last sentence, and showing Leon outside saying "thanks buddy"? And then Del Lago says something like "you got it, homie."? Just anything besides kiddy humor as the final joke. You think you could pull it off?

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-09 21:55:31

At 11/9/09 09:51 PM, Gustavos wrote: You think you could pull it off?

If that's sarcasm, then I refuse. Actually I refuse anyway because I still find it funny. Thanks to the other corrections (seeing as how I've only played the game once), but I'm keeping the ending (or just taking out the sandwich part).

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-09 22:03:48

At 11/9/09 09:55 PM, AMTRAX91 wrote: (or just taking out the sandwich part).

Well, this was all I was asking. It's your part, your idea. You change what you want. I'm just saying, immature humor like the sandwhich joke, is not often tolerated on Newgrounds. The rest, is fine.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-09 22:24:47

At 11/9/09 10:03 PM, Gustavos wrote:

:I'm just saying, immature humor like the sandwhich joke, is not often tolerated on Newgrounds.

So many things wrong with that sentence lol, but okay. I'm taking out the sandwich joke.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-09 22:35:05

Would it be possible for me to join? I'm doing the kirby collab, so I'm curious if I can also join in on this.

I just need to know the deadline (FInals and papers and work are hard on me this year) so hopefully I know when can an "expected" date can be due. Thanks for the tip.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-10 00:41:00

At 11/9/09 10:35 PM, Chingmongna wrote: Would it be possible for me to join? I'm doing the kirby collab, so I'm curious if I can also join in on this.

I just need to know the deadline (FInals and papers and work are hard on me this year) so hopefully I know when can an "expected" date can be due. Thanks for the tip.

No deadlines for parts. We submit once we have a notable collection of short Resident Evil themed movies. Perhaps you could be somebody to speed up that process?

But hold on their, cowboy. You haven't submitted anything to the portal. I'm going to need an animation sample. How you finished a part for the Kirby collab? You can show us that.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-10 02:41:08

While waiting on my brother to come home so we can pick up Modern Warfare 2 at Gamestop for midnight release, I finished my part. Take a look.

Tell me anything I should change. Does one motion look weird, should I make a sound louder or quieter, etc. See ya!

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-10 08:45:48

Well, I haven't really finished the kirby part yet, plus I'm really busy with alot of crap, so that was why I was concerned with the deadline :P.

Yeah, I don't have any submissions yet, cause this is a new account (I gave the account to a friend of mine unfortunately).

But If you want I could send you a sample of what my resident evil collab could be, as well as some pictures of the characters. That way hopefully I'll be able to see if my work is decent.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-10 08:51:14

At 11/10/09 02:41 AM, Gustavos wrote: While waiting on my brother to come home so we can pick up Modern Warfare 2 at Gamestop for midnight release, I finished my part. Take a look.

Tell me anything I should change. Does one motion look weird, should I make a sound louder or quieter, etc. See ya!

That piece is pretty good. I'm impressed. I don't want to be a critic or anything but I think the only ONE thing you should do is to make the scream at the end (after getting eaten by the snake) just a tiny bit quieter (Just a tiny bit). But its a good piece overall :).

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-10 12:28:37

Hey guys,
How's it going? I just wanted to pop in and offer my services as a voice actor if anyone still needs one. :)

Need a voice actor? Give me a call! I've got 13 years of experience and great vocal range.

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-10 12:53:27

I'd love to join ^^

though, my status is ridiculously unrated for a year now D:

WTHH!!!!!!

The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!!

Dont click StoyOfGrace unless you want viruses~

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-10 12:58:17

You guys still accepting parts?

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-10 13:33:11

At 11/10/09 12:28 PM, Shock-Dingo wrote: Hey guys,
How's it going? I just wanted to pop in and offer my services as a voice actor if anyone still needs one. :)

Hey Shock-Dingo. You know me from the VAC (AMTRAX91....same as here). You're fantastic.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-10 13:42:22

At 11/10/09 01:33 PM, AMTRAX91 wrote:
At 11/10/09 12:28 PM, Shock-Dingo wrote: Hey guys,
Hey Shock-Dingo. You know me from the VAC (AMTRAX91....same as here). You're fantastic.

Hey dude,
What's up? Thanks for the kind words. :)

Need a voice actor? Give me a call! I've got 13 years of experience and great vocal range.

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-10 14:36:32

At 11/10/09 01:42 PM, Shock-Dingo wrote: Hey dude,
What's up? Thanks for the kind words. :)

Not much. I took second in the newgrounds voice contest so I decided to expand my horizons into flash and I figured, what better way than joining an awesome collab.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-10 16:16:22

At 11/10/09 02:41 AM, Gustavos wrote: While waiting on my brother to come home so we can pick up Modern Warfare 2 at Gamestop for midnight release, I finished my part. Take a look.

hey it was pretty good ^^
i hope i can finish my 3 parts soon

Watch This Or You Will Die

also NVIDIA GeForce G210M

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-10 17:32:57

OK I spent all day on 3 seconds of animation...

But I think it pwnz.

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/2109/631 51_ResidentEvilCollab_Zap.php

Don't patronize me, I know I'm awful at everything.

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-10 19:00:42

im going to be straight up honest with you cause i want this collab to succeed.

In my honest opinion, your not close to done yet. You need to add alot more detail to the characters and especially add alot of detail to the background. Add some shading, and try to make your characters look better than if they where drawn in 2 seconds. Sorry, it just looks to bland right now to me, like it would get a 2.25 if you submitted it.

Also, try to come up with more of a punchline. Like maybe after it says "take shotgun" have her start walking and then the head of the guy falls down and it says "take head" or something along those lines.

You got some potential my man, you just really need to polish it up...big time.

Sorry if i sounded like an asshole, but i want to see this succeed.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-10 23:15:12

At 11/10/09 07:00 PM, ChiliC wrote:
and especially add alot of detail to the background.

I wanted to have the room look a lot like the room where you fight the snake, but then again, who would notice the similarities? In the game, it was too dark to distinguish any real objects. I'll put more in and around the room.

Add some shading,

Lanterns on the wall is my idea. Then I'll have a proper light source to work with.

Also, try to come up with more of a punchline. Like maybe after it says "take shotgun" have her start walking and then the head of the guy falls down and it says "take head" or something along those lines.

What a coincidence, I was going to add his leg or arm falling down in a bloody heap on the floor. But I figured the blood on the wall was enough. What do you think?

You got some potential my man, you just really need to polish it up...big time.

I've already started the polishing. :)

Sorry if i sounded like an asshole, but i want to see this succeed.

Any sane person would appreciate constructive criticism. Which is why I'm glad you told me what you think. I'm glad we can all have this collab's prosperity in mind.

At 11/10/09 05:32 PM, Helbereth wrote: OK I spent all day on 3 seconds of animation...

But I think it pwnz.

His brains look like popcorn. :3

At 11/10/09 04:16 PM, bocodamondo wrote:
hey it was pretty good ^^

thank you. :)

I'm sorry, but I have terrible memory, what happenned with that other part you were working on? The one with the chainsaw guy. Did you say you scrapped the idea?

At 11/10/09 12:58 PM, DumbassDude wrote: You guys still accepting parts?

Well gee willickers, why wouldn't we be? We stop accepting parts when the file size becomes too big with too many parts. Of course with a collab, all we need to do is ask Tom for permission of a larger file size cap. You meet the requirements, you want to make a part?

At 11/10/09 12:53 PM, mydarksides wrote: I'd love to join ^^

though, my status is ridiculously unrated for a year now D:

WTHH!!!!!!

Only your first flash is a movie, but I suppose you could conjer up something great. Your design is unique, perhaps even eyecatching. Your BA is also high enough, so go ahead and make your part. We'll see what happens then.

At 11/10/09 08:45 AM, Chingmongna wrote:
But If you want I could send you a sample of what my resident evil collab could be, as well as some pictures of the characters. That way hopefully I'll be able to see if my work is decent.

Well...I wouldn't have any problem with that. But remember, if your part is mediocre, and you refuse to improve it if we think you need too, than it's not going in this collab. If we feel your part wouldn't acquire a score of 2.75 by its own in the portal, than you must improve what needs to be better.

Say guys, do some of you remember that meanie, Pyrospriteproductions? Well he's sorry for what he said:

At 11/9/09 3:46 PM, PyroSpriteProduction wrote: Look, sorry about the whole "flamewar" thing.
It was stupid, offbeat, blah blah.
But look, we're both sorry,
and hope you collab turns out okay.
Didn't really plan on making enemies on NG ^ ^|||

That was a message he sent me. I told him that I accepted his apology, and that he should never show his face in this thread again. So no hard feelings, right?

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-10 23:42:58

everything about the drawing style seems awkward to me...

the motion is a bit stale and hacky

the colors are bland, no shading, and i honestly diddnt like the visual presentation 1 bit :(

the joke was pretty good

the voice syncing was pretty well done too

i just think you reeeaaaaly need to re-draw your characters and backgrounds (the gun looked good)

it was just..... not polished....

HI HOW ARE YOU?

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-10 23:49:51

ok so i was debating with myself on whether for the soup part whether to have a hot mom with jiggly boobs or and ugly mom with a bitchy voice this is a non jiggly weird toothed hot momma with no lip syncing BOOBS

Nateofwar owns your mother

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-11 00:11:20

At 11/10/09 11:49 PM, Nateofwar wrote: ok so i was debating with myself on whether for the soup part whether to have a hot mom with jiggly boobs or and ugly mom with a bitchy voice this is a non jiggly weird toothed hot momma with no lip syncing BOOBS

To be honest, the hot mom scares me. In my opinion, the ugly mom would fit better for the part.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-11 00:13:56

At 11/11/09 12:11 AM, Gustavos wrote:
At 11/10/09 11:49 PM, Nateofwar wrote: ok so i was debating with myself on whether for the soup part whether to have a hot mom with jiggly boobs or and ugly mom with a bitchy voice this is a non jiggly weird toothed hot momma with no lip syncing BOOBS
To be honest, the hot mom scares me. In my opinion, the ugly mom would fit better for the part.

AGREED LOL
but i wasnt actualy goin to use that mouth (if thats what scares you) but i dont know how i would draw an ugly mom...

Nateofwar owns your mother

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-11 06:46:28

I'm sorry, but I have terrible memory, what happenned with that other part you were working on? The one with the chainsaw guy. Did you say you scrapped the idea?

i make 3 parts
1: about falcon chainsaw
the 2 others is : shhhhh secret xD

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-11 06:47:47

. Did you say you scrapped the idea?

i think im doneon that i need just backgrounds ^^

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-11 09:01:51

Hello.
Now, i uploaded my flash to spamtheweb, but how do u view it? i'm completely confused about this website...
my toon basically included the beginning zombie fight in RE4, where the bell rings out and all of the Ganados turn around and walk towards the church. And we all know Leon's famous line.
And then i show the zombies actually at bingo, with muffled screeches that are subtitled "B23" or something... yeah. I keep my animation style relatively simple and clean, what are your guy's thoughts?(after I post my toon to spamtheweb...)

Oh not again.

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-11 11:52:45

You go to the upload page, hit browse, find your .swf, then hit upload. After a few seconds the window will refresh and a series of links will be listed, the top one is the one you wanna post here.

I don't think I'll be getting much done today as I'm gonna have to re-download Flash 8...

Something bugged out with mine and now it won't export .swf files... at all. Making scene testing impossible.

I did get a 3-d door opening done (the mansion doors) before i realized I couldn't view it in .swf form, though... Well that's a lie... i still have to color the door frame-by-frame, but... well... yeah...

I officially name this day WoW day! I'll be in Azeroth if you need me.

Don't patronize me, I know I'm awful at everything.

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-11 17:12:09

alright,
here's my work so far...
any suggestions, anyone?

Oh not again.

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-11 17:41:11

At 11/11/09 05:12 PM, GHOR7 wrote: alright,
here's my work so far...
any suggestions, anyone?

what is this? i dont even...

Needs a lot of work. Very rough looking, terrible sound quality and i couldn't even understand the last line.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-11 19:11:44

At 11/11/09 05:12 PM, GHOR7 wrote: alright,
here's my work so far...
any suggestions, anyone?

AMTRAX91
amtrax is right, you need to improve the sound a lot... get rid of the static in the background, if you can't do it with audacity, send the file to me, and I'll clean it up.

as for the animation, it could be a lot better... before you do any more, I'd suggest making your brush smaller, and for leons arm: you shouldn't use a tween, fbf it. As for the zombies at the end, try animating the legs, so they actually look like there moving.

also I think it would look a lot better if you added a lot more detail to the background.

it's good for a rough draft, but it's gonna need some work. when you use a smaller brush, you'll find it a lot easier to add simple details that really make it look nice.

I know I'm being pretty harsh on you but you need to try harder and really spend some time on your part. hope this helps!

Animation | Games | Art | Sprites | My Deviantart | Music | My Userpage