00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

bbc4lunch just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Football Discussion

296,062 Views | 4,005 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-10 21:16:07

FREE CHARLIE BATCH

also polamalu is one sick motherfucker

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-10 22:13:46

At 9/10/09 09:16 PM, jonthomson wrote: also polamalu is one sick motherfucker

Out for the game it looks like. He was kicking some ass while he was in though. Lookin like he's gonna have yet another spectacular year. That dude is such a beast.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-10 22:22:17

It's already halftime, but I'll go on a limb and say the Titans topple the Steelers

Atlanta over Miami
Denver over Cincinnati
Minnesota over Cleveland
Indianapolis over Jacksonville
New Orleans over Detroit
Dallas over Tampa Bay
Carolina over Philadelphia
Baltimore over Kansas City
NYJ over Houston
Washington over NYG
Arizona over San Francisco
St. Louis over Seattle
Green Bay over Chicago
New England over Buffalo
San Diego over Oakland

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-11 01:18:34

Troy Polamalu out 3-6 weeks with a sprained left knee.

The Madden curse lives again!

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-11 09:09:21

It's a shame that Tennessee lost last night as they were the obvious better team. Oh well, those things happen I guess.

Kind of a copy and paste from Holla.

Miami at Atlanta: Atlanta
Denver at Cincinnati: Denver
Minnesota at Cleveland: Minnesota
Jacksonville at Indy: Indy
Detroit at New Orleans: New Orleans
Dallas at Tampa Bay: Dallas
Philly at Carolina: Carolina
Kansas City at Baltimore: Baltimore
Jets vs Houston: Houston
Washington at Giants: Giants
San Fran at Arizona: Arizona
St. Louis at Seattle: Seattle
Chicago at Green Bay: Chicago
Buffalo at New England: New England
San Diego at Oakland: San Diego

Might look like I only changed one, but that's because I did lol. I agreed with all the rest of your picks.

At the end you tally up the results and if someone wants to put everyone's stats together to keep track, all the better.

Yeah, I'll do this and every Tuesday I'll make a list of who's in the lead and whatnot. I actually planned on doing that anyway. :P

Just make sure to post your totals though.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-11 09:15:26

At 9/11/09 01:18 AM, Molotov wrote: Troy Polamalu out 3-6 weeks with a sprained left knee.

The Madden curse lives again!

Damn. That sucks. He'll probably still make the Pro Bowl for how well he plays in the games after that though. Haha. That dude is such a machine. Anyways, I'll make the roster for anyone who wants to join in on the pick game. I'll probably just make it in this format if it sounds good to everyone else.

#Ranked | Total | Gain This Week | Average Per Week | Username & Rise/Drop
I'm thinking a Win = 1 point, Tie (albeit rare) is .5 points, and a loss is worth zero. And at the bottom I'll have copy pasta for the next weeks games schedules. Expect them on Tuesdays after Monday Night Football.

Here's my picks for the week.

Jaguars @ Colts: Colts
Lions @ Saints: Lions
Cowboys @ Buccaneers: Bucs
Eagles @ Panthers: Eagles
Chiefs @ Ravens: Ravens
Jets @ Texans: Texans
Dolphins @ Falcons: Falcons
Broncos @ Bengals: Bengals
Vikings @ Browns: Vikings
Redskins @ Giants: Giants
49ers @ Cardinals: Cardinals
Rams @ Seahawks: Seahawks
Bears @ Packers: Packers
Bills @ Patriots: Patriots
Chargers @ Raiders: Chargers (As much as I hate to say it.)

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-11 09:21:58

At 9/11/09 09:15 AM, michelinman wrote: Stuff

It doesn't matter to me Fro. I've got no problem doing it, and it's too easy to do. If you've got other rosters and stuff to do, I'll do this one, but if you want the job, it's yours.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-11 09:30:04

Picks in bold:

Jaguars @ Colts
Lions @ Saints
Cowboys
@ Buccaneers
Eagles @ Panthers
Chiefs @Ravens
Jets @ Texans
Dolphins @ Falcons
Broncos
@ Bengals
Vikings @ Browns
Redskins @ Giants
49ers @ Cardinals
Rams @ Seahawks
Bears
@ Packers
Bills @ Patriots
Chargers
@ Raiders

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-11 09:51:14

At 9/11/09 09:21 AM, michelinman wrote:
At 9/11/09 09:15 AM, michelinman wrote: Stuff
It doesn't matter to me Fro. I've got no problem doing it, and it's too easy to do. If you've got other rosters and stuff to do, I'll do this one, but if you want the job, it's yours.

Don't make it very complicated, but you can do it if you want to.

1 point in your win column if you get a win, 1 point in your lost column if you pick wrong, and ties should go right in another column named ties of course. I don't think you should get points for a tie as it actually means two people lost in my opinion, but I guess it doesn't matter because everyone will get the same amount for that anyway.

Rank us like a normal list and maybe include the information like, "Most right in a week", "Most wrong in a week", etc..

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-11 10:28:18

Looks fun. If you don't mind I would like to join.

Wk 1 Picks:
Miami at Atlanta: Miami
Denver at Cincinnati: Denver
Philly at Carolina: Philly
Jets at Houston: Jets

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-11 11:15:44

Alright, I made a template, more for myself than for you guys, but you can take a look at it and see what you think. There's a most number of wins award, and a highest win% award (so people who join late have something to shoot for) And anyone who wants to join in at any time feel free. Just make sure you have picks for EVERY game before kickoff of the opening game each week. It's not fair if you only make picks for whoever is playing the lions. :) Enough of this though. I've been craving an Angus Deluxe burger from McDonalds all day. I'm out of here. Haha.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-11 13:12:23

I think that the Steelers-Titans game shouldn't be counted for our activity because a lot of people didn't make picks until during or after that game. Plus that way, more people can get in on this before the Sunday games start.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-11 15:52:35

falcons
bungles
vikings
colts
saints
bucs
iggles
ravens
texans
giants
cards
seahawks
packers
pats
chargers

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-11 15:59:40

At 9/11/09 01:12 PM, 36Holla wrote: I think that the Steelers-Titans game shouldn't be counted for our activity because a lot of people didn't make picks until during or after that game. Plus that way, more people can get in on this before the Sunday games start.

But... I guessed that one right... Haha. No, I agree. The due date for the Week 1 picks is 12:59 AM Eastern time (which is also Newgrounds time) this Sunday. I say that because 1 o'clock is the kickoff for the first games, and once the first kickoff of the week starts, the picks should be locked in for obvious reasons. Until week ten, the first kickoff of Sunday is the first game of each week. In November those damn Thursday night games kick off. We'll probably just vote on those separately. Sound good to everybody? As of right now there are 7 people participating.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-11 16:30:18

I'll agree with the whole not counting the game this week as not only did I get it wrong, but I also agree with your reasoning behind it. I'll still keep track of it personally, but I won't post it in the thread.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-11 22:24:34

My Week 1 Picks.

Jaguars @ Colts: Colts
Lions @ Saints: Eh, I'll go with Lions for the hell of it. Upset
Cowboys @ Buccaneers: Cowboys
Eagles @ Panthers: Eagles
Chiefs @Ravens: Ravens
Jets @ Texans: Texans
Dolphins @ Falcons: Dolphins
Broncos @ Bengals: Bengals
Vikings @ Browns: Vikings
Redskins @ Giants: Giants
49ers @ Cardinals: Cardinals
Rams @ Seahawks: Rams
Bears @ Packers: Packers
Bills @ Patriots: Patriots
Chargers @ Raider: Chargers, they're my team

XBL GT: SleepyB 408

I Xbox 360 Club I MLB Club I

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-12 11:11:56

Richard Seymour STILL hasn't reported. This shit is starting to piss me off. If he's not there in 5 days, he's eligible to be suspended for the whole season. We could have used him against San Diego so much, but there's no way in hell he's gonna be ready by Monday Night. What a bitch. :/

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-12 11:35:36

At 9/11/09 03:59 PM, michelinman wrote:

We'll probably just vote on those separately. Sound good to everybody?

Sounds good to me. :)

Richard Seymour STILL hasn't reported. ... We could have used him against San Diego so much, but there's no way in hell he's gonna be ready by Monday Night. What a bitch. :/

According to this article that came out today, he says he's on his way to Oakland he just had to take care of other issues, like help move his family to South Carolina . ... Right
He says he'll play on Monday Night but I'm with you. I don't think he'll be prepared.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-12 11:53:58

At 9/12/09 11:35 AM, reverend wrote: According to this article that came out today, he says he's on his way to Oakland he just had to take care of other issues, like help move his family to South Carolina . ... Right

That article came out after my post. Haha. Thanks for putting that up though. I breathed a nice sigh of relief.

He says he'll play on Monday Night but I'm with you. I don't think he'll be prepared.

They said he's in perfect shape and apparently he's got a chip on his shoulder... God I hope that this situation gives the raiders a moral boost coming into this game. 2 of the last 3 years we've had a monday night game to open the season, and it always ends terribly. Not to mention we've got an 11 game losing streak to the chargers. :/ An excerpt:

Seymour plans to play in the Raiders' season opener on "Monday Night Football" against the San Diego Chargers. "I'll be the guy on top of the quarterback," he said, according to the report.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-13 11:16:14

Posting my teams. Keep track of records like last year?

Denver at Cincinnati: Cincinnati
Chicago at Green Bay: Green Bay
Buffalo at New England: Buffalo :) (Upset pick of the week right here)

Haha, and don't mind me. If I don't pick Buffalo to win every week, I'm not doing my job as a #1 Bills fan.

I think...I hate... dick.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-13 11:43:41

Here is my picks.

Denver at Cincinnati: Cincinnati

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-13 18:29:14

that stokley play was ridiculous.

also delhomme's career is over

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-13 21:44:27

Cutler needs to get his head out of his ass.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-13 23:50:47

I hate arizona....Cardinals proved to the world that last season was a fluke and half the players dont even want to be on the team which is lame....especially Boldin his body language screamed i wanna gtfo. But whatever they started off like shit last year they might get it together D looked good and cardinals O line has always been shit

PSN ID: Unseen_Fury Gamertag: Ungeshener Zorn STEAMID: Unseen Fury

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-14 07:33:15

At 9/13/09 06:29 PM, jonthomson wrote: that stokley play was ridiculous.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

also delhomme's career is over

In week one? I think he gets one more week and then he gets the hook if he implodes again but I really don't know who they can replace him with. It's not like they have a quality backup.

The biggest issue that came out of Sunday's games was McNabb's injury. He fractured his rib and they can't use Vick until Week 3. It's going to be interesting what they do when they play Saints next week.

A pretty quiet day for Farve. I guess you don't have to do much when you have Adrian Peterson mowing down people for a 64 yards TD. :)

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-14 07:51:44

At 9/13/09 09:44 PM, 36Holla wrote: Cutler needs to get his head out of his ass.

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
J. Cutler 17/36 277 1 4

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
K. Orton 17/28 243 1 0

Granted Denver was playing a worst team and everything, but you do also have to recognize that Orton was playing with an injured throwing hand and they had noted that his accuracy was poor and to be honest you really don't know who's better than who and who's good or bad until teams get a couple of games under their belt.

But I'm pretty sure we all know Denver won by luck and that Cutler played very poorly. As a Denver fan though I hope this continues even though it probably won't. Denver just seems to get lucky when they play.

I've also realized how nasty the Philly Defense was and was surprised at the scores that Detroit and Cleveland put up as I thought they would lose worst. I was also surprised at how Sanchez moved in the pocket to look like he's been a pro for a couple of years now for the Jets.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-14 10:03:18

At 9/14/09 08:51 AM, DELUCA2400 wrote: As for the Brown's score believe me the game was not even close if you watched it and the Browns scored a last minute touchdown after the game was already over.

Whaaaaa... Just the opposite, the game was actually closer than it appeared. The key was stopping Peterson, at half the Browns were actually winning 13-10, in no small part due to the fact that Peterson only had like 30 yards on 13 carries. Then in the second half he broke off a few big runs and well you know.... basically forcibly inserted his cock into the collective asshole of the Browns defense to the tune of 180 yards and 3 touchdowns. Still I think there's room for encouragement if Cleveland could play a whole game like they played the first half, they will be a much improved team from last year.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-14 12:06:59

If you want some more bad news for the Bears, Brian Urlacher Season is done.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/ne ws/story?id=4472175

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-14 13:26:47

At 9/14/09 08:51 AM, DELUCA2400 wrote:
WEll you also have to put into account that Kyle Orton was in a run first and try not to turn over the ball offense his whole career in Chicage. While Jay Cutler was always a gunslinger. Also Jay doesn't have the best receiving core I can actually make an argument saying this is the worst receiving core I have ever seen. I mean the player with the most reliable hands is Greg Olson the tight end and besides Devin Hester there really isn't a wide receiver on the Bears that scares anybody.

I do agree with your fact that he's gone from good receivers to mediocre receivers at best and that should be hard for him, but the other half of your post was ass backwards.

A quarterback that is use to throwing the ball a lot is now on a team that runs first to set up the pass, which means he should be completing passes with even higher efficiency. (if you don't take in consideration of the wide receivers)

Vice versa, a quarterback that comes from a run first team and goes to a pass first team shouldn't do as well.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-09-14 22:14:26

LOL BUFFALO.

They know how to lose in style, you can't take that away from them.

BBS Signature