00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mcd410 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

185,586 Views | 2,372 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-05-16 11:13:08

At 5/16/10 07:02 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
At 5/16/10 06:28 AM, GodsBitch wrote: I'm going to have to get up at about 6AM each morning to catch a bus that leaves at 7:30. :(
Damn, that would suck. I love living on campus, I can get up at 9:30 for class that starts at 10.

Heh, most times I don't even give myself that long. :)

I don't remember who I was talking to about this (it was a few months ago) but I mentioned that I was once featured in Tips N Tricks magazine's collectors closet one month. Here's the pic of the article from December 2006.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-05-30 07:03:51

At 5/16/10 11:13 AM, milinko959 wrote: I don't remember who I was talking to about this (it was a few months ago) but I mentioned that I was once featured in Tips N Tricks magazine's collectors closet one month. Here's the pic of the article from December 2006.

That would be me you were talking to. I also said I'd get a picture of my collection up, but I have most of it stored in different places. Most of my older gaming stuff is stored in my wardrobe, Xbox on my desk, PS3 in my brothers room and two boxes full of controllers and joysticks stored under my bed.

Maybe sometime during the week when I don't have people pestering me about making a mess I'll lay all the stuff out and get a photo for you lot.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-05-30 12:31:34

Im bored what 360 game should i play??

IM SO AWESOME

Gamertag: AversiveKnave

SteamID: Lordboy54

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-05-30 15:30:17

At 5/30/10 12:31 PM, AversiveKnave wrote: Im bored what 360 game should i play??

Well... what ones do you have?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-06-03 05:59:36

I said a while ago that I would post a picture of my gaming collection and since Milinko uploaded his picture, it got me motivated. I got all my games laid out on my bedroom floor. It took me a while and a few things fell from great heights in the process, including my PSP which I've not yet checked to make sure it's all right.

I can't get the size of the image any lower than 426kb, since I even used our decent camera to get this photo looking decent, and now I can't upload it to Newgrounds. I thought then I could use my mobile phone to take a lower quality image before realising that I just put everything back where it belongs.

So, until I find a way to lower the file size further, I can't upload the image. Disappointing, as it was actually quite hard work getting all those games set out. I shall try my best to get the image up sometime today.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-06-03 06:13:42

Ignore my previous post. I'm a little embarrassed that I couldn't work out how to lower the file size, especially as I'm a computer science student. I tried everything, except resizing the dimensions of the image. Silly me.

Anyway, here's my game collection. Well, at least as much of it as I could get on my floor. It looks smaller when I see it like that, but you'll see a little box in the lower right which contains between 50-100 cassettes, floppy disks and Gameboy games that don't have boxes.

My current generation consoles aren't on display because they are all plugged in and set up, so I didn't want to disturb them.

Something I always get asked is "How much did all that cost you?" and the only answer I can give is "A LOT!". Most of these games were bought at time of release for their full retail price with the exception of the Commodore 64 and Spectrum collections which were given to my by my uncle, the Atari ST collection which I paid £20 for and the Sega Saturn collection which I paid about £40 for. I'll let you do the math.

Also, if anyone is interested in a list of all my games sorted alphabetically and separated by platform, it can be found here.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-06-03 11:14:01

At 6/3/10 06:13 AM, GodsBitch wrote: Game collection

That's fucking awesome! I really wish I had the time, patience and floor space in my room to lay all my games and consoles out like this but sadly I don't. I'm not sure exactly how many games I have but it must be close to 200 hard copies spread across Xbox 360, PC, Xbox, Gamecube, N64, SNES, Mega Drive, Atari 2600, DS, GBA and Gameboy and then on top of that I have about 50 XBLA games and a few PC games downloaded from Steam. Honestly I barely have enough space to fit them all in my room spread out on various shelves and in boxes as they are now, it would be an absolute nightmare trying to put them all on display.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-06-03 14:51:27

At 6/3/10 11:14 AM, sushi13 wrote: That's fucking awesome! I really wish I had the time, patience and floor space in my room to lay all my games and consoles out like this but sadly I don't.

Thanks man. It would be good to see more people post pictures of their gaming collections, no matter the size, but I do understand that not all people have the room or time.

I'm not sure exactly how many games I have but it must be close to 200 hard copies spread across Xbox 360, PC, Xbox, Gamecube, N64, SNES, Mega Drive, Atari 2600, DS, GBA and Gameboy and then on top of that I have about 50 XBLA games and a few PC games downloaded from Steam. Honestly I barely have enough space to fit them all in my room spread out on various shelves and in boxes as they are now, it would be an absolute nightmare trying to put them all on display.

Collections do take up a lot of space, but I don't plan on getting rid of mine at any point. When the day comes that I finally get my own house, I like to think I'd set up a gaming room with proper display cases and such so my collection can be shown in it's full glory.

I've seen a few YouTube videos with people's collections, and most are a lot larger than mine. Over the years I'd like to buy some of the key systems that I never got a chance to play such as the NES, SNES, MegaDrive, GameCube, N64 and a few others. I just get the feeling that as the years progress these systems will be harder to obtain and I'll regret not having bought them earlier.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-06-06 02:38:31

So, I recently had this daydream where all of the regulars in this forum were in a beat em' up game. The game's main boss, Supperman2, has kidnapped all of NG's maidens (All five of them) and it was up to some regulars to save them.

The Players were as follows:

Player 1- Blaze-Heatnix
Player 2- SlipperyMooseCakes
Player 3- Keithhybrid
Player 4- Myself (It's my imaginary game, right?)

So, yeah, seemed like a cool concept to me. Thoughts?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-06-06 05:43:44

At 6/6/10 02:38 AM, puddinN64 wrote: So, yeah, seemed like a cool concept to me. Thoughts?

Can't say I've had a Newgrounds related dream before, but that sounds like something that might make a cool Flash game. The characters should be designed based on the username and how the artist would depict it. It would be pretty cool, especially if your own character was in it.

I was playing my Sega Saturn yesterday for the first time since I bought it. I planned to play through all the games because I think I've only played one or two of them in the past. I went through them in alphabetical order. The first game I played was "Baku Baku", a pretty cool puzzle game that actually kept me entertained for quite a while.

The second game I played was Clockwork Knight, and it's not all that great although I think I stopped on the third level. You basically play as a toy clockwork knight (pretty obvious) in someones bedroom, fighting all kind of toys and trying to get to the end of the level before the timer runs out. It's a pretty poor game, as most enemies only require one hit to either kill of stop them, and the levels aren't all that challenging either. I don't think it's a game I'm going to revisit any time soon.

Sadly, this put me off the Sega Saturn and I was back to playing on my Xbox 360. After seeing a good few Gordon Freeman threads I decided to play Half Life 2, which I have never bothered to finish before, and I hate to say it, but I got bored pretty soon. I was trying to rush through it, which didn't help and after playing Clockwork Knight I was a little bored anyway. I'll possibly go back and play it today. I'd like to complete it at some point, especially since people seem to have such high opinions of it.

On a final note, I'd like to see some more users post images of their game collection here. I posted mine on the previous page, as did Milinko, and I'm pretty interested in seeing how many games you guys own.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-06-06 05:47:49

At 6/6/10 02:38 AM, puddinN64 wrote: So, I recently had this daydream where all of the regulars in this forum were in a beat em' up game.

I'll have whatever you're smoking.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-06-27 06:57:41

This week I decided to put a copy of Windows XP on my Mac. This is because I'm currently in the mood to replay, or in some cases finally play, a lot of my old PC games.

I've decided to start with Morrowind, which is a game I've played before, but I never got more than a couple of hours in due to it constantly crashing on an old Vista laptop I had. I'm now loving this game. I'm not sure I like it more than Oblivion, but there certainly is a lot more to do in Morrowind with regard to quests. I'm aiming to finish the main story, the Fighters Guild and one of the Great Houses' quests before I install Bloodmoon and Tribunal. I can imagine it's going to be a long time before I decide I've had enough of this game and move onto the next old game.

Once I do stop playing Morrowind, I've decided I want to play through Arena and Daggerfall, which are both now freeware and I've never played them. The first TES game I owned was Oblivion, and after that, I decided it was my favourite game series, despite never having played the previous titles, but now Morrowind confirms it. I've played a little of the Arena and Daggerfall already, and although dated I still think it will keep my attention for a while.

When I've played through all the TES games, I'll move onto the original Fallout games. I have Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics sitting in my collection, and I've barley touched any of them. I actually only bought them because it was £5 for all three. From the little I've played, I'm not sure I'll enjoy them anywhere near as much as I did with Fallout 3, but I figure I'll give this series a chance as well.

After Fallout, I would like to play both the KOTOR games. I won't go on listing the numerous other games I plan to play, because it's really just individual titles from here on in, as oppose to series.

I don't really know what inspired me to play all these old games, but I'm glad I did.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-06-27 09:16:35

At 6/27/10 06:57 AM, GodsBitch wrote: I've decided to start with Morrowind, which is a game I've played before, but I never got more than a couple of hours in due to it constantly crashing on an old Vista laptop I had.

Funny you mention Morrowind since I've recently thought about giving the game a second chance. I don't know why I'm doing this since I knew how bad the combat system was as well as the poor journal layout which made it hard to keep track on what I'm doing but I feel there's something good about the game that I'm missing out on. Thousands of fans can't be praising this game for nothing so I feel there's a way to make this game enjoyable for me. I suppose if I found the best way to give my attacks great accuracy, that'll be one less thing to worry about.

Right now, I prefer Oblivion over Morrowind for its playability as well as not leaving me in the dark to complete all the quests. I spent 160 hours on my first playthrough and I was going to play through it for the second time but stopped after I got the Oblivion urge out of my system. That's another funny thing about myself, I only beat Oblivion last October and already I wanted to play more. I should be giving other games a chance like...Morrowind.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-06-27 09:30:38

Why can't I play video games any more?

They just don't hold my interest for more than 30 minutes.

What's wrong with me?

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-06-27 09:40:53

At 6/27/10 09:30 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Why can't I play video games any more?

What's wrong with me?

Probably that there's anxiety in your life or you just have too high of expectations. Maybe you want something new. How long has this been going on for?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-06-27 09:44:25

At 6/27/10 09:30 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Why can't I play video games any more?

I was in a similar situation, which is probably what led to me wanting to play the older games I mentioned in my previous post.

I was playing MW2 earlier, and I don't think I was able to stick with it for 30 minutes. People just tend to play the same games all the time now, which does get a little boring. I'm just glad that I have the ability to enjoy older games, unlike a lot of people I know, who refuse to play them because they have "bad graphics".

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-06-27 09:52:01

Sorry for the double post but I missed Bahamut's post.

At 6/27/10 09:16 AM, Bahamut wrote: Funny you mention Morrowind since I've recently thought about giving the game a second chance. I don't know why I'm doing this since I knew how bad the combat system was as well as the poor journal layout which made it hard to keep track on what I'm doing but I feel there's something good about the game that I'm missing out on. Thousands of fans can't be praising this game for nothing so I feel there's a way to make this game enjoyable for me. I suppose if I found the best way to give my attacks great accuracy, that'll be one less thing to worry about.

The first few times I played Morrowind, I hated the melee combat system, and the mage one too. This play through, I've went for melee, and after leveling up and increasing a particular skill (I forget which) your attacks don't miss all the time. In fact, they hit most of the time. I agree with you on the journal though. It's really chaotic. It's not arranged by quest, it just records dialog as you get it, so trying to back track and finish a quest you started early on is a nightmare.

I believe I have found the beauty of the game now. It's got a lot more (and I mean a lot more) quests, even without either of the expansions. There are more guilds and groups to join, and I recently found out that you get to build a stronghold if you join one of the Great Houses.

Right now, I prefer Oblivion over Morrowind for its playability as well as not leaving me in the dark to complete all the quests. I spent 160 hours on my first playthrough and I was going to play through it for the second time but stopped after I got the Oblivion urge out of my system. That's another funny thing about myself, I only beat Oblivion last October and already I wanted to play more. I should be giving other games a chance like...Morrowind.

I probably also hold the opinion that Oblivion is better, but I can understand why people who played Morrowind before Oblivion might not like Oblivion as much. My opinion might change though, as I've still not finished Morrowind and I've not even started either of the expansions.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-06-27 10:26:55

What do you gays think about hearts of iron 3 and Europa uneversalis?

just bought those off the steam sale!

Steam ID | X360 Gamertag: AversiveKnave | ORIGIN: DarkBlue96

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-06-27 10:29:00

and btw i wanna join this lounge!

Consoles: PC, 360, Xbox, Ps2, ds lite, psp, gameboy advance.
GT: in sig
Steamid: in sig

Steam ID | X360 Gamertag: AversiveKnave | ORIGIN: DarkBlue96

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-06-27 12:27:45

Yeah probably for the last week or so. I just get into a game and I just think "I could be checking facebook or something right now".... It's all types of games. I've tried playing Ghost Master, Deus Ex, Uplink, Just Cause 2, Split Second, everything.

Maybe I'm just growing out of gaming?

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-06-27 14:02:26

At 6/6/10 02:38 AM, puddinN64 wrote: So, yeah, seemed like a cool concept to me. Thoughts?

I had a dream that I was eating out this hot friend of mine and her clitoris turned into a penis. I kept going and she started getting rough, really banging the back of my throat. The next day, I told the girl about this dream; I imagine the three other regulars you dreamed about are thinking the exact same thing she was.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-06-27 14:08:17

How are you guys? I mean, I seldom post on Newgrounds anymore, but I love this forum in its own way. Kind of want to start posting on Newgrounds again and making Flash. I feel like I should make a new account though.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-06-27 15:38:41

If no one has a problem with it, I would like to join this lounge.

Consoles Owned: 360, PS2, Wii, DS, N64, PC
Online User Names: K1NG ALFRAYDO (Xbox Live)
Current Games Being Played: Red Dead Redemption, Tekken 6, Modern Warfare 2

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-07-03 16:58:53

At 6/27/10 02:02 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote:
I had a dream that I was eating out this hot friend of mine and her clitoris turned into a penis. I kept going and she started getting rough, really banging the back of my throat. The next day, I told the girl about this dream; I imagine the three other regulars you dreamed about are thinking the exact same thing she was.

Ha, that's fine by me. I love getting reactions out of people. Not in the sense that I try to be an attention whore, but I do love to see people get baffled by my actions. Normal life causes people to follow and expect certain routines, and I love smashing those routines.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-07-03 18:15:01

{Spoilers}

Just beat Red Dead Redemption for PS3. And the thing about all GTA-esque games, is that once I beat them, I never get the urge to complete the rest of the stuff in the game.

It was interesting what they did though. The game gives you the idea "Yeah, the main plot is over, now enjoy playing through the happy life of the new John Marston.". Then in the end, I felt really sorry for the man. I can't even remember any video game deaths that meant as much as John's. We spent the whole time figuring out that he's not a bad guy, and yet the government figured out that they really are the bastards. I kind of wish the agents or John said something before the massacre instead of everybody going silent. It was like watching the ending to GTA4. Bullshit. The game was great though. I wouldn't mind seeing a Red Dead Redemption 2 with Jack as the main character.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-07-03 20:30:47

At 6/27/10 12:27 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Yeah probably for the last week or so. I just get into a game and I just think "I could be checking facebook or something right now".... It's all types of games. I've tried playing Ghost Master, Deus Ex, Uplink, Just Cause 2, Split Second, everything.

Maybe I'm just growing out of gaming?

Maybe...
sometimes it depends on the genre of gaming too, I use to play all FPS games for a bit of time then started playing some Rpgs and puzzle games and had a bit of fun.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-07-04 10:34:33

At 6/27/10 09:52 AM, GodsBitch wrote: The first few times I played Morrowind, I hated the melee combat system, and the mage one too. This play through, I've went for melee, and after leveling up and increasing a particular skill (I forget which) your attacks don't miss all the time.

I did do a bit of research and hopefully find a patch that eliminates the accuracy of hits (which there isn't any, sadly) but I have heard that I've got to raise my character's stats properly. I suppose it makes sense considering how ass fucked I got when I levelled up my character's major skills too much in Oblivion. I made the game far too hard for me but eventually I got over it and my minor skills handled the enemies very well. Maybe if I'm careful, I'll be able to manage battling much better.

In fact, they hit most of the time. I agree with you on the journal though. It's really chaotic. It's not arranged by quest, it just records dialog as you get it, so trying to back track and finish a quest you started early on is a nightmare.

It really sucks for me. In Oblivion, I could go back to these quests whenever I wanted but in Morrowind, I've got to do it differently. I think I'll just have to do the quests as soon as I get them rather than leaving them hanging around.

I believe I have found the beauty of the game now. It's got a lot more (and I mean a lot more) quests, even without either of the expansions. There are more guilds and groups to join, and I recently found out that you get to build a stronghold if you join one of the Great Houses.

I remember trying to join the guilds but I got careless the first time around and joined a second guild far too soon after the first. As a result of that, I never even joined a second guild in Oblivion until I finished the Fighters Guild. I assumed the same thing happened in that game but it doesn't. Funny how you can be the guild master of Fighters, Mage, Thieves and Dark Brotherhood all at once.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-07-04 12:15:08

I've been bumming SSF4 recently, I will DESTROY you with my Akuma. I've all but forgotten sbout Tekken 6, even though I still like it as I've been playing it since I got a PS1 all those years ago. Bought PS Plus this week, Wipeout is great and LBP is tricky but it'll grow on me. And I'm nearly on 1200 trophies :D

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-07-04 13:19:15

So, I found this while skimming around on Youtube and I think that we should make it this board's official anthem. Who's with me?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2010-07-05 03:05:43

I just finished both Half Life games plus Episode one and two and the Lost Coast. I might get Opposing Forces and Blue Shift too for the first Half Life though I don't know.

Can't wait for Episode 3 to come out. I'm guessing it will come out between at the end of this year and the middle of 2011.

Just chillin'