00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,635,810 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-31 22:09:41

I know this is quite a while ago, but I have at least found the path to getting to wave 50. I think I can say that I have good knowledge of this game now.

Weapons:
-- Assault Rifle: balanced weapon, but it tends to run out of ammo quickly.
-- Shotgun: good damage at a short distance and can destroy multiple targets per shot. Lots of ammo. However it's not very good to use against most enemies. Useable against assault troopers, minelayers, missile boss, and melee boss.
-- Sniper Rifle: very long ranged weapon, but it has low ammo. Can pierce and destroy multiple enemies. When switching to this weapon, your character will reset his aim towards the bottom of the screen for some reason, making the weapon swap DPS trick unusable. While using this weapon, your vision will be extended, just as if you were at the Atlantis.
-- Sword: eh... personally I find this to be very difficult to use, and it runs out of ammo quickly. However, you can zoom across the battlefield ridiculously fast!
-- Missiles: homing, with good damage. However, its speed makes it ineffective against melee troopers and minelayers.
-- Vulcan: basically a mini assault rifle with a shorter range and weaker damage. Its particle shots can be pretty difficult to see.
-- Atlantis' Cannon: the ultimate weapon! It can only fire underneath the Atlantis unfortunately (indicated by dotted white lines). When selected, click once to aim and fire. It will continue to fire until you either deselect it or it runs out of energy. If it does not fire for a while, it will regenerate its energy. Ideal for taking out bosses quickly, but it can also be used to destroy huge enemy swarms and snipe siege turrets.

Enemies:
-- Assault trooper: basic enemy with an assault rifle.
-- Melee trooper: circles around you, usually out of reach of the shotgun, and will close in occasionally to attack.
-- Minelayer: rushes at you really fast and leaves behind green mines. The mines can be destroyed.
-- Siege turrets: they only spawn on the underside of the Atlantis and fire red bullets from really, really far away. It does not take much to kill them. Chances are the very first time you encounter them, you'll see a shower of bullets "floating" towards the Atlantis.
-- Sniper trooper: uses a sniper rifle, which can hit for quite a bit of damage if you're not careful. They tend to shoot at you first if they spawn within sniping range. Otherwise, they'll zoom into a location close to you and then try to shoot you.
-- Advanced trooper: similar to an assault trooper, but they have more health, they spray red bullets, and they explode upon destruction. This explosion is fatal if you're too close.

Bosses
When a boss is active in the area, the music changes. All bosses spawn within range of the Atlantis's cannon, although very occasionally one will spawn just out of reach at the side. That sucks. Also, near the end of the game, you don't have enough ammo to kill one, making it essential to manage the Atlantis's cannon.
-- Carrier: has a crazy laser spray and a turret gun. If you aren't super beefy, you're probably going to die for even getting close to one. Fortunately, you can kite it with an assault rifle. Once destroyed, it will release a couple of enemies.
-- Melee boss: basically a super melee trooper. It doesn't like holding still, so you'll want to lead it by the nose when aiming the cannon. If it attacks you, you might die. Quickly escape using the sword.
-- Missile boss: it shoots missiles similar to your own. Missiles can be shot down. Otherwise, it serves as a damage tank and is fairly ignorable.

Game dynamics and milestones

Early waves:
-- Get an upgrade level in the repair bay tech. This will make repairs and restocking twice as fast!
-- Focus on upgrading your weapon of choice first. You'll want to ramp up your DPS using the cheap and quick way. Unfortunately, this maxes out fairly quick, but at least it'll carry you through until you have the income to seriously crank up the Atlantis's firepower. I would recommend the assault rifle, but maybe you can have just as much success with the other weapons? Who knows.
-- Bosses will spawn sporadically, and you may encounter up to roughly 5 bosses in a single wave. Make sure to take them out, but be sure to help with the minions if they're overwhelming your defenses.

Mid waves:
-- You should be diligently upgrading your investment techs: multiplier and upgrade bay. Multiplier increases the amount of points you can spend from enemies, and the upgrade bay makes upgrades cheaper. Complete these two upgrades by wave 30.
-- While they are not your top priority, make sure you invest points in defenses and the Atlantis. About 4 or 5 points into turrets will allow them to hit most things reliably and deal good damage.
-- Wave 30 and beyond sees a large spike in enemy strength. While they are not necessarily more numerous, they will have a significant increase in health, power, and speed. Wave 33 however has a huge spike in enemies, and will prove formidable to overcome.

Late waves:
-- Bosses cannot be destroyed by your own weaponry alone, at least not in one trip. Get good at aiming the Atlantis's cannon weapon, and make sure to manage the siege turrets if they spawn.
-- Regeneration and the Atlantis are the techs you'll want to focus on. With a high regeneration stat, this significantly increases longevity of AI Mermen, as well as give the Atlantis a serious damage buffer. Everything should be fully upgraded by roughly wave 40 or so.
-- At this point, your own weapons will be fairly insignificant. However, the Atlantis should prove to be such a formidable force, that it can defend itself from any amount of small enemy attacks. But don't rest just yet! Your primary job at this point is to eliminate siege turrets and kill bosses.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-01 02:39:26

Two New Medal Games:

Level 24 is kind of messed up and doesn't work like it's supposed to, but if you're smart enough you can figure out the way to get past it.

Could someone PM me how to get the first secret medal?

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

signature:show();

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-01 10:01:33

http://matthewf.newgrounds.com/news/post/858634
Made yet another guide for yet another Trial and error "quiz"

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-01 17:16:54

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-02 05:34:10

At 8/1/13 07:37 AM, TheRed555 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/622608

PM me if you guys need any help with medals in Leave Me A Clone

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-02 11:55:03

New medal game although the last bowser fight is glitched. He floats off the screen and doesnt come back

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-02 15:40:17

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-02 17:15:40

3 New Medal Games:

(Medal doesn't work)

and

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-03 12:00:45

New:

BBS Signature

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-03 13:56:04

At 8/3/13 12:49 PM, TheRed555 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/622739

Wow that's a really awesome game. It's not the most challenging thing ever, but it's definitely the most fun I had playing a medal game in quite some time!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-03 21:22:39

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-04 01:14:46

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-04 01:33:35

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-04 01:34:35

At 8/4/13 01:33 AM, Viper50 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/622778

Damn it....how did I NOT see that was already posted? -_-

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-04 11:02:30

At 8/3/13 01:56 PM, Nijsse wrote:
At 8/3/13 12:49 PM, TheRed555 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/622739
Wow that's a really awesome game. It's not the most challenging thing ever, but it's definitely the most fun I had playing a medal game in quite some time!

Would be nice if some of the switches that control the moving platforms would actually reset if you died.

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-04 12:11:36

New game:

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-04 13:56:32

At 8/4/13 12:11 PM, ixfd64 wrote: New game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/622794

5,000, 7,500 and 10,000 Medals don't seem to be working correctly. I have over 10,000 points and they popped up in-game but not on the game page or my userpage.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-04 14:17:50

At 8/4/13 01:56 PM, gamejunkie wrote:
At 8/4/13 12:11 PM, ixfd64 wrote: New game:
5,000, 7,500 and 10,000 Medals don't seem to be working correctly. I have over 10,000 points and they popped up in-game but not on the game page or my userpage.

Some of them seem to send whenever you start a new game, so no worries. I guess you really need those 10 bucks, don't ya. ;)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-04 14:34:55

At 8/4/13 02:17 PM, Nijsse wrote: Some of them seem to send whenever you start a new game, so no worries. I guess you really need those 10 bucks, don't ya. ;)

I just noticed I had received the 5,000 medal but I'm still waiting on the others. I think I'm just clicking so fast that the game can't keep up. If I do 'win' any money I will donate it to charity.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-05 02:09:15

I'm not one to make a fuss about pretty much anything, but note the obvious cheat on the High Scores leaderboard of this 'Game'.

It's only been up for 15 hours and the cheat already has 1,000,000 points which is not humanly possible. 1,000,000 divided by 15 equals 66,666 per hour. Which I'm sure you will all agree is not humanly/physically possible. The only way that score could be achieved in such a short time is by cheating.

Even if you COULD (which you can't) get 30,000 points an hour it would still take you around 33 & 1/2 hours to achieve. So now I would love to hear the 'obvious cheats' explanation on how the 'obvious cheat' managed to attain 1,000,000 points in such a short amount of time without the aid of machinery or cheating.

I FUCKING HATE CHEATS.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-05 02:37:39

At 8/5/13 02:09 AM, gamejunkie wrote: I'm not one to make a fuss about pretty much anything, but note the obvious cheat on the High Scores leaderboard of this 'Game'.
I FUCKING HATE CHEATS.

Yeah,100% agree with you,blatant cheat.
I vote for the 1,000,000 pts medal to go,I don't think that a fair gamer could unlock it.

You lose your progress when you reload the game + it requires 0 skills and too much time+ shitty game (0 fun).
100 medal pts for scoring 10,000 points in the game and only 25 points for making it past the million?I hate this kind of medals.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-05 03:04:12

At 8/5/13 02:09 AM, gamejunkie wrote: I'm not one to make a fuss about pretty much anything, but note the obvious cheat on the High Scores leaderboard of this 'Game'.
It's only been up for 15 hours and the cheat already has 1,000,000 points which is not humanly possible. 1,000,000 divided by 15 equals 66,666 per hour. Which I'm sure you will all agree is not humanly/physically possible. The only way that score could be achieved in such a short time is by cheating.

Even if you COULD (which you can't) get 30,000 points an hour it would still take you around 33 & 1/2 hours to achieve. So now I would love to hear the 'obvious cheats' explanation on how the 'obvious cheat' managed to attain 1,000,000 points in such a short amount of time without the aid of machinery or cheating.

I FUCKING HATE CHEATS.

I have to disagree with that. With good practice I am able to do 800 clicks per Minute. In my last stream with a cut and bandaged finger I was able to do 504 clicks. And I know about faster clicking people than me. So, it is humanly possible to do 1100 clicks per minute.

30.000 points an hour? 500 clicks per minute? I accept this challenge for my next stream and I am pretty excited to see how far I can go. I know that you can keep that speed for an hour, when you are in a long practice period, change the finger and rest for 20 seconds, because you don't need 60 seconds for 500 clicks. Hardcore progamer playing for money have to keep something like this for more than 8 hours every single day.

But I have to agree that 15 hours in a row is far beyond humanity with one exception, when he changed with many different people who can click as fast as him. Of course in this fast time and to get enough people is near to impossible. I am still a bit confused about it since queenofbabes is in the medal list here in the forum. Probably someone should think about investigating it. But maybe he was able to find a glitch, like Realistic Space Joyriding where you just have to pause the game for getting points. The user can use the forums, I am very excited for his response here.

<3

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-05 03:28:26

At 8/5/13 03:04 AM, Syrreal wrote: I have to disagree with that. With good practice I am able to do 800 clicks per Minute.

Me too, but can you keep that up for 15+ hours straight? I don't think so. Your arm would drop off. I also highly doubt this was a joint effort. I anxiously await a response to this also.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-05 03:40:45

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-05 04:31:37

At 8/5/13 03:04 AM, Syrreal wrote:

I FUCKING HATE CHEATS.
I have to disagree with that. With good practice I am able to do 800 clicks per Minute. In my last stream with a cut and bandaged finger I was able to do 504 clicks. And I know about faster clicking people than me. So, it is humanly possible to do 1100 clicks per minute.

30.000 points an hour? 500 clicks per minute? I accept this challenge for my next stream and I am pretty excited to see how far I can go. I know that you can keep that speed for an hour, when you are in a long practice period, change the finger and rest for 20 seconds, because you don't need 60 seconds for 500 clicks. Hardcore progamer playing for money have to keep something like this for more than 8 hours every single day.

But I have to agree that 15 hours in a row is far beyond humanity with one exception, when he changed with many different people who can click as fast as him. Of course in this fast time and to get enough people is near to impossible. I am still a bit confused about it since queenofbabes is in the medal list here in the forum. Probably someone should think about investigating it. But maybe he was able to find a glitch, like Realistic Space Joyriding where you just have to pause the game for getting points. The user can use the forums, I am very excited for his response here.

I honestly don't understand what you are trying to say here. When I saw the first post by gamejunkie on the subject, I felt kinda bad for him, because I knew this was going to happen, and that it won't end here. Also, YOU said the very same thing in your video, you even talked about 'auto clickers' and that kind of stuff, and that this is the reason you hated the contest! Just because it's queenofbabes it doesn't make much of a difference. The clicks you can do per minute don't matter at all. Even with 10 of your sickest Asian friends (that's racist!) and a table full of cocaine you cannot pull this off. If he started right away it was 1100 clicks for 15 hours straight, but I'm sure he didn't start right away.

No offense obviously, looking forward to your challenge! =)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-05 06:36:44

At 8/5/13 04:31 AM, Nijsse wrote: I honestly don't understand what you are trying to say here. When I saw the first post by gamejunkie on the subject, I felt kinda bad for him, because I knew this was going to happen, and that it won't end here. Also, YOU said the very same thing in your video, you even talked about 'auto clickers' and that kind of stuff, and that this is the reason you hated the contest! Just because it's queenofbabes it doesn't make much of a difference. The clicks you can do per minute don't matter at all. Even with 10 of your sickest Asian friends (that's racist!) and a table full of cocaine you cannot pull this off. If he started right away it was 1100 clicks for 15 hours straight, but I'm sure he didn't start right away.

No offense obviously, looking forward to your challenge! =)

That is pretty easy to explain with an example, here:

For a long time nobody knew that you can gain points while pausing the game. The first guy figuring that out posted here on the forums, directly, how it works and when, so nobody was wondering about that, nothing curious.

Now there could be a similar case. I don't talk about this one. It is just something in general.
Let us take a random player who collect medals. It doesn't need to be one specific, he probably don't even appear in the medal rankings. Now he figures out a weird glitch which give him a very awesome highscore somewhere, but he don't know much about the forum or everything else, because he isn't visiting this site regularly. And now another user is writing about that on the forum, about obvious cheats, that you can't reach the score without cheating, how he hate hacks in caps and everything else. Even when the chances are pretty high for that, the game above teached us something different. The player with the highscore gets a pretty bad reputation here.

And in this case it is someone who appears also on a different list, a list where cheaters are getting banned from and someone who read and post in the forum. I don't know if it is a cheat or a glitch but as long as no one can be sure about that, there shouldn't exist a platform for that reputational damage. Why don't just starting with asking if someone else found a bug or glitch, asking the author or wait for a response from the guy with the highscore? No, right after only (as described above) 15 hours, where someone is able to play a game and maybe says goodbye to this site until the next day, there must be a post about cheating and hacking. That is the reason why I said that it is theoretically possible. I don't want to be called a cheater, when I don't intend but find a way to achieve a medal or an immensive highscore, which seems impossible.

<3

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-08-05 06:56:58

At 8/5/13 06:36 AM, Syrreal wrote: That is pretty easy to explain with an example, here:

Nice post, I see what you are trying to say here, and it's true we are playing games that usually have plenty of glitches. Everyone deserves a chance to explain how they earned a certain score. Based on past experiences no one has ever said 'yap, hacked it!', it's always something along the lines of 'I don't remember' or 'the game just glitched on me'. Having said that, I feel like an idiot for still getting fired up like this when the subject comes up, I should know better by now. There is no way to know 100% sure someone cheated. All we know is this score wasn't reached by clicking 1 million times manually.

I've been monitoring every medal competitor in the last few years and have a nice private database. You pretty much explained why this should remain private, even though I'm 99% sure all my findings are correct.