00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

asieks084 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,631,950 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-24 10:40:02

At 7/23/13 12:03 PM, MatthewF wrote: Sorry for the double post but Cat Astronauts extra seems to have a glitch regarding the extra bunny upgrades. After buying all three I managed to get two cat bonuses during a flight after which I lost all my cats including the super cat. I was ticked off as I had 10k in cash and a 310k score at the time.......
I pmed the author.....

Well thanks for the heads-up.

Anyhow, for the original version of the game, in order to get 400k points, do you have to just get really lucky and hit may of the +1 cat bonuses? Even when I manage to 7-8 or so cat astronauts I'm not near 400k points

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-24 13:35:00

At 7/24/13 10:40 AM, queenofbabes wrote:

Anyhow, for the original version of the game, in order to get 400k points, do you have to just get really lucky and hit may of the +1 cat bonuses? Even when I manage to 7-8 or so cat astronauts I'm not near 400k points

Yeah, pretty much, it's sort of a game of chance which wasn't fair since the best I could do was going little more than half. More the updated game, I found a way to get around the glitch.

Notice how the glitch occurs after the space can handle certain number of astrocats? What I do is that I would carefully have a meowmix fall a bit each time before I hit one with another fish and once it gets too close to the top, let him fall. Because after hitting the max number of astrocats, that's when the glitch kicks in, causing the number to drop if anymore hits the top.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-24 20:45:50

There's no way to view every medal you've earned, on one handy, scrollable page, is there?
I know you can see the last 5 or so games you've played, and the medals earned from them, but a total game medal earned list?
I'm assuming it's to save some space on memory. I suppose you could go to each game individually and see which ones you've earned - but the idea of an entire list would be dandy.

Free albums every month! Use our stuff in your stuff! Contact us if you need music, voice over, or artwork for your submissions! Our Profile and here's Our Song Library

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-25 03:30:56

At 7/24/13 08:45 PM, AnalogByNature wrote: I'm assuming it's to save some space on memory. I suppose you could go to each game individually and see which ones you've earned - but the idea of an entire list would be dandy.

You can access a list by
http://(PUTyourNGnickname).newgrounds.com/stats/medals

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-25 05:56:42

New game:

At 7/24/13 08:45 PM, AnalogByNature wrote:

There's no way to view every medal you've earned, on one handy, scrollable page, is there?
I know you can see the last 5 or so games you've played, and the medals earned from them, but a total game medal earned list?
I'm assuming it's to save some space on memory. I suppose you could go to each game individually and see which ones you've earned - but the idea of an entire list would be dandy.

Here's your medal wall,the games are ordered alphabetically.

signature:show();

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-25 08:22:53

BBS Signature

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-26 12:09:26

Old game with New Medals?

Could someone send me a PM on how to get the Gunslinger medal and the Secret medal for this game?

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-26 12:57:50

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-26 13:05:02

At 7/26/13 12:09 PM, VJF wrote: Old game with New Medals?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/596482
Could someone send me a PM on how to get the Gunslinger medal and the Secret medal for this game?

Same with me, the only one I got was from dying.

Then again the ending credit frozed up on me so...

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-27 12:27:50

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-27 12:31:40

Medals in the above game dont appear to work yet

Has anyone stopped playing this game only to come back and not be able to get past the intro screens? I really dont feel like starting all over again

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-27 12:51:36

At 7/27/13 12:31 PM, MatthewF wrote: Medals in the above game dont appear to work yet

They work

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-27 13:43:17

At 7/27/13 12:31 PM, MatthewF wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/621910
Has anyone stopped playing this game only to come back and not be able to get past the intro screens? I really dont feel like starting all over again

I fixed it by using a different browser

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-27 15:07:41

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-27 15:53:20

At 7/27/13 12:51 PM, ForNoReason wrote:
At 7/27/13 12:31 PM, MatthewF wrote: Medals in the above game dont appear to work yet
They work

It requires patience.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-27 16:20:18

Not my day today it seems
Can anyone verify that the following is acting like the video link below:

Glitch

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-27 16:49:22

At 7/27/13 03:07 PM, gamejunkie wrote: You guys seem to have missed this.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/622285

Don't bother playing it if you're just going for the medals. PM'd the author, hopefully he will fix them.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-27 17:36:19

At 7/27/13 04:49 PM, Nijsse wrote:
Don't bother playing it if you're just going for the medals. PM'd the author, hopefully he will fix them.

Doh!!! I also sent him a PM about the broken medals.

At 7/27/13 04:20 PM, MatthewF wrote: Not my day today it seems
Can anyone verify that the following is acting like the video link below:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/622075
Glitch

Seems to be working just fine.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-27 17:55:41

At 7/27/13 05:36 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 7/27/13 04:49 PM, Nijsse wrote:
Doh!!! I also sent him a PM about the broken medals.

Hehe, well it's better to send multiple PM's to an author instead of complaining in this thread about medals being broken. ;)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-27 20:00:07

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-27 23:00:06

At 7/27/13 08:00 PM, EdyKel wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/621584
Treasure locations

Thanks, I'll get on it tomorrow.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-28 10:16:09

Hey guys, I don't normally frequent here and rarely medal hunt, but I've ran into a problem.

Was playing this game

Got to the part where you unlock the Earthbound themed achievement and it popped up and all was good, later discovered it didn't actually take and isn't showing on my page, nor in the unlocked medals section. I can't seem to find a way to obtain it again and I've already tried clearing my cache. Is this just an issue on my end or has anyone else experienced this?

Any advice?

Great game btw, had/having tons of fun with it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-28 11:35:45

At 7/28/13 10:16 AM, Elixur wrote:

Ended up clearing my data and playing through that specific scenario again. Does anyone know what causes medals/trophies to become lost in transmission? Poor connection (or complete loss) at the specific time its queued to unlock perhaps?

Still scratching my head over this.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-28 13:43:50

At 7/28/13 11:35 AM, Elixur wrote:
At 7/28/13 10:16 AM, Elixur wrote:
Ended up clearing my data and playing through that specific scenario again. Does anyone know what causes medals/trophies to become lost in transmission? Poor connection (or complete loss) at the specific time its queued to unlock perhaps?

Still scratching my head over this.

Unless it's a regular occurrence suggesting a deeper problem, it's just the occasional bout of bad luck. I've also had games where I'm missing 10 or 20 points here and there due to the same problem, and it's kinda too much of a hassle to redo the whole game. It's massively annoying, but that's the way it is.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-28 19:42:42

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/621910

It still works for me but the game really took a lot out of me, just need two more gold leaves before I can finally finish it. However, the two remaining levels are much complicated that the last ones, it's easy to get bogged down in a quagmire that goes nowhere.

Whew!

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-29 16:41:30

http://teejay-number13.newgrounds.com/
The game "Kaijuking must die" has been removed by the NG moderation team,went there to unlock the last medal (with the return password) but unfortunately it's gone.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-29 19:19:03

At 7/29/13 04:41 PM, TheRed555 wrote: http://teejay-number13.newgrounds.com/
The game "Kaijuking must die" has been removed by the NG moderation team,went there to unlock the last medal (with the return password) but unfortunately it's gone.

Not sure why, but there were a few recent Mario games with medals that were also taken down the same way. Nintendo complaining?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-29 23:16:32

x - jump

c - attack

But the game doesn't work, this stupid asshole had to upload an unfinished product and slapped some medals to get people to play it.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-07-30 10:04:35

At 7/29/13 11:16 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: this stupid asshole had to upload an unfinished product and slapped some medals to get people to play it.

Removed the medals :o