00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JohnDickard just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,661,518 Views | 29,811 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-14 09:37:30

At 11/14/12 09:32 AM, MatthewF wrote: Mo'Mentum medals didnt work for me.....

Also to me the medals do not work!

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-14 10:39:37

At 11/14/12 09:34 AM, ugolegend94 wrote:
At 11/12/12 07:48 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: Almost forgot, for all you non-pokemon fans out there, here are the answers up until #46
Knuckstrike you have a walkthrough also for this game?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/605715

You can use hints for this game.

As for # 46 for:

I spent like 8 minutes to get something like this:

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-14 11:35:25

At 11/14/12 10:39 AM, Shantom wrote: You can use hints for this game.

You're right!, I did not notice that gave the answers...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-14 13:45:05

At 11/14/12 10:39 AM, Shantom wrote: You can use hints for this game.

As for # 46 for:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/605915
I spent like 8 minutes to get something like this:

46) Oshawott

Where can you find the hints?

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-14 13:51:30

At 11/14/12 01:45 PM, Knuckstrike wrote: Where can you find the hints?

I think he meant for the first game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-14 17:34:27

At 11/14/12 01:51 PM, SFS1313 wrote:
At 11/14/12 01:45 PM, Knuckstrike wrote: Where can you find the hints?
I think he meant for the first game.

Yea it was for the first game.

I made that image by using Fraps for a short video, VirtualDub for image sequence, and Photoshop to put the lines together.
I was actually trying that out. I wanted to see the outcome.
So, yea it took like 8 minutes. It's impossible to get anything from that one black line alone.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-15 03:09:16

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-15 09:57:26

At 11/14/12 09:32 AM, MatthewF wrote: Mo'Mentum medals didnt work for me.....

They worked for me when the game was submitted, but the author said he recently updated it, and they didn't seem to unlock on my end. I should've gotten at least a few of 'em (both the kill 5/15 skeletons in a single run, and score 2000 points), but nothing.

Disappointing to say the least, as I had a pretty good run going.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-15 23:19:09

Might be a glitch, but I got the last 2 medals for beating level 12 for a 2nd time - I used the secret path to the left to reach the end with no lives lost. Still not sure how to get to the Boss, not that it matters anymore. I assume you have to have all the gold gears...?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-16 03:20:36

At 11/15/12 11:19 PM, EdyKel wrote:

:Still not sure how to get to the Boss, not that it matters anymore. I assume you have to have all the gold gears...?
No need for gold gears. When you beat level 12 you can click on the UFO at the bottom-right corner, and fight the boss.
But you don't have to anymore :P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-16 07:22:05

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-16 09:28:32

If anybody is wondering how to get the secret medals in "The Visit", Here you are!

To get the 3rd medal: When you are asked to push 1 or 2 in the court scene, use the arrow keys to jump out of the box and jump up onto the lamp hanging on the ceiling. Then jump on the judge. Enjoy the rest.

to get the 4th medal: Back to the court scene. When asked to push 1 or 2, bla bla bla. Jump out of the box and climb up and jump out the window. your are now a fugitive on the run. Hooray.

I need help getting the rest. I got the Bitter ending and the Sup honeybee ending, But i need halp with the rest!!!!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-16 09:45:58

At 11/16/12 09:28 AM, TeamJack wrote: If anybody is wondering how to get the secret medals in "The Visit", Here you are!
I need help getting the rest. I got the Bitter ending and the Sup honeybee ending, But i need halp with the rest!!!!

Secret medals are supposed to be secret. So don't post them here.

But I've sent you the rest of the medals.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-16 15:06:50

Anyone managed to complete this game 100%?

I looked everywhere for the last 10% but I couldn't find it.

Also, is there any easy guide for this game?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-16 20:16:23

At 11/16/12 03:06 PM, Shantom wrote: Anyone managed to complete this game 100%?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/605489
I looked everywhere for the last 10% but I couldn't find it.

Okay, besides clearing every level, I found a ruby in the Tutorial (after reaching the end, you can go back to the first tree und collect it there), a cloud in the first cloud level, a beetle in the third "grass"level after jumping over flies to the left, a Sonic coin in the second cloud level (by falling down between some high placed clouds), something shiny in the rocket level where you have to go upwards, a key in the castle where a wall of wood spikes follows you and a flower in the desert (which appears after standing in the tiny spot between the 2 cactus near to each other). I achieved 95%, missing only 5%. Which secret am I missing?

<3

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-16 20:24:43

Edit:
something shiny in the rocket level = something shiny in the rock level / mountain level

<3

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-17 02:57:29

Old game, and already mentioned here; but, I recently beat it, and got all the medals for it.

Just a quick boss guide - spoiler alert:

Werewolf: Put some distance between yourself and it. When it rushes, dodge it. It will hit the wall, stunning itself. With it's tongue hanging out, shoot at the blue wall to make the bullet blue, then steer it at the werewolf and hit it. It takes 3 direct hits like that to defeat it. Every hit makes it faster.

Old Vampire: Like the werewolf, you have to wait till it becomes vulnerable to attacks. The first attack you should be aware of are the shadows. When it does the vertical shadow just drop off to the bottom platform, so by the time you come back around it will have retracted the shadow. Jump over the spikes and be prepared to jump the second shadow attack on the left side. Soon after it will turn yellow. You will have to be quick, before it turns back. Hit both sides of the wall, green and red, and direct it at the vampire. The vampire will throw out it's teeth, be prepared to jump over it twice. After that, the vampire will shortly turn yellow again. Hit it with a final yellow ball to defeat it.

Vampire baby: The last and hardest boss battle. This is a two part battle. The first is easy. You have to switch the mirror to green, and then hit the vampire baby with a green ball while it is over the pit. If you do it right, the baby will mutate and then grab you, bringing you to the final battle.

The 2nd part of the final boss battle will will take a little practice. The goal here is to direct the green fireball ( by holding space and using the mouse to control the direction) that the baby spits at you and aim it back at it. The baby will start by hurling several blue fireballs at you, with the final being green. Just stand to the one side of the screen and slowly move to the opposite avoiding the blue fireballs, then control the green fireball until it is above you. if you time it right, the baby, who went off screen, will run right into it. The baby will then fly to one side of the screen. This is your queue to run to the other edge of the screen, as the baby will rain down a barrage of spittle. You will be safe on the edge of the platform. The baby will then send a bunch of blue fireballs off screen, which will then come back at you from the side. Jump over them, and be prepared to avoid and jump out of the way of the falling baby. After this the baby will go back to the middle of the screen and repeat the very first attack. This will be easier because you will know where to aim the green fireball at. The final baby attack will send a gust of wind at you, and several blue fireballs to jump over, with another baby fall attack to watch out for. After all this, the baby will repeat it's first attack. just avoid it and send the final green fireball at it to end the game.

I also noticed that you don't need to have start from scratch to get the medal for beating the game on hard. Just select hard, and continue the game. Just play the last level and you will get the last medal if you can beat it.

One final observation, I don't think you need a very high score to get the high score medal. I got it with a little over 3,000 points.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-17 03:01:21

At 11/17/12 02:57 AM, EdyKel wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/598382
Old game, and already mentioned here; but, I recently beat it, and got all the medals for it.

Just a quick boss guide - spoiler alert:

Oh, I forgot to write this, but for level 29, an easy way to beat it is to go through the left door and change the mirror to red, then hit it with a bullet, controlling it, while running left, and aiming it down the hole - where, hopefully, the red vampire will be conveniently standing.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-17 03:03:55

At 11/16/12 08:16 PM, Syrreal wrote:

:I achieved 95%, missing only 5%. Which secret am I missing?

I got all of these except the coin in the tutorial level.
I guess I'm also stuck at 95 :x

Thanks for helping!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-17 03:37:39

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-17 06:32:20

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-17 08:08:47

At 11/17/12 03:37 AM, Shantom wrote: New game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/606191

Has anyone been able to get anything but platformer as the genre on that game?

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-17 09:21:43

At 11/17/12 08:08 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 11/17/12 03:37 AM, Shantom wrote: New game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/606191
Has anyone been able to get anything but platformer as the genre on that game?

I don't think so.
You can only get platformer.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-17 10:35:19

Does anyone know how to get the Play for the 3 Newt Medals to unlock? Ive tried several times and done it successfully several times with no luck

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-18 04:17:26

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-18 04:23:52

At 11/18/12 04:17 AM, BenwaHakubi wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/605411
Any tips for this game? I am stuck at the second to last area :(

Already listed a walk-through for it 2 pages back.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-18 08:54:51

New game!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-18 23:24:19

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-11-19 12:22:15

At 11/18/12 12:22 PM, Shantom wrote: I don't know if the medals are working or not:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/606224
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/606252

weird, now any of that game not load, is here eror page
but yesterday i have first medal from Little Jim vs Zombie

thx for sing to illicit

BBS Signature