00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Interloping just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,661,694 Views | 29,811 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-15 09:52:34

At 12/15/11 03:52 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Anywho, if I decide to do a gaming project, what kind of game would you guys like to see? Don't go crazy nuts on it though.

Do you mean a medal game, or another game like LoL or Skyrim.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-15 11:39:23

At 12/15/11 09:52 AM, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 12/15/11 03:52 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Anywho, if I decide to do a gaming project, what kind of game would you guys like to see? Don't go crazy nuts on it though.

Medal game. I don't own Skyrim, nor do I see myself doing so in the near future. Unless I get it for free.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-15 12:10:37

At 12/15/11 11:39 AM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 12/15/11 09:52 AM, Knuckstrike wrote:
Medal game. I don't own Skyrim, nor do I see myself doing so in the near future. Unless I get it for free.

Me neither. And do you mean by the gaming project that you're making a game yourself?

I'm always a fan of dungeon-type games. I don't think it's incredibly hard to make, although certainly a challenge.
Perfect to show game developers to not put in all the stuff you hate in games, as pointed out in your news post. (Like endless grinding, etc.)

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-15 12:15:21

Finally got the one peg medal in Simple Peg Solitaire - took me 4 hrs of gameplay combined over 2 days......who knew something so simple could be such a pain?

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-15 12:41:37

At 12/15/11 12:15 PM, MatthewF wrote: Finally got the one peg medal in Simple Peg Solitaire - took me 4 hrs of gameplay combined over 2 days......who knew something so simple could be such a pain?

Hmm yeah that seems pretty difficult. Just like that Lexirace game, I just don't know enough English words to beat the harder modes. It's gonna take a lot of practice to beat that one.

Speaking of hard games, did anyone manage to get 206 points in Aura? 200 wasn't too difficult, but Velveius is giving me a lot of trouble. The level isn't very hard, but you'll run out of time really fast.

On a sidenote, I had to play Beast Squad two times this afternoon because of a very brief connectivity problem. 2 hours wasted + 1 medal out of order. God damnit. =(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-15 14:07:36

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-15 15:00:05

At 12/15/11 02:07 PM, SFS1313 wrote: New medal game...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 5162

Quite an easy game.

Is there any level any of you has trouble with? I'd be happy to make a video guide or something similair.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-15 16:07:12

At 12/15/11 12:10 PM, Knuckstrike wrote: Me neither. And do you mean by the gaming project that you're making a game yourself?

I'm always a fan of dungeon-type games. I don't think it's incredibly hard to make, although certainly a challenge.
Perfect to show game developers to not put in all the stuff you hate in games, as pointed out in your news post. (Like endless grinding, etc.)

I'll think about it, although usually in your type of game a new conundrum arises: metagaming in the negative sense. I just hate it, personal preference.

But hey, the purpose of this exercise is to get my feet wet =P That doesn't mean I won't half-ass it, but still, don't expect it to be big.

At 12/15/11 12:41 PM, Nijsse wrote: Hmm yeah that seems pretty difficult. Just like that Lexirace game, I just don't know enough English words to beat the harder modes. It's gonna take a lot of practice to beat that one.

Not gonna lie, about 20% of the words I see in that game I have never seen or heard.

Statistically, without finding a lexirace solver online, I'd say it'd be faster for me to just brute force the game than to actually beat it. I also don't care to flood my brain full of useless words no one has ever heard of or used. And the same can be said of the perfectionist medal in Draknek's heart game at the rate I'm going x_X (level 27 so far)

Speaking of hard games, did anyone manage to get 206 points in Aura? 200 wasn't too difficult, but Velveius is giving me a lot of trouble. The level isn't very hard, but you'll run out of time really fast.

That game is unnecessarily large. I'm not as far as you, but wasn't there another level where you must get lucky or run out of time really fast?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-15 21:17:18

At 12/15/11 02:07 PM, SFS1313 wrote: New medal game...

Level 30 borked. You get the medal for revisiting/refreshing the level select after you beat it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-16 02:57:36

Took me a while to beat hard mode. Repeatedly trying over and over again to fill up a word bank worked out nicely in many instances. I mean, wtf is an "abaci" anyways? I might come back to it later just for grins, but in the meantime, here's what I was thrown before I won.

http://thegreatprime1.newgrounds.com/new s/post/667846

The first word of each line is the starting word, and the last word is the finish word. Keep in mind that I highly doubt that you'll get a specific case in there (cause I only tried so many times), but it doesn't hurt to ctrl+f for something anyways and hope you get a couple suggestions.

Tips:
-- If all the letters in the beginning and ending words are different, it's the most straightforward puzzle, and doesn't require detour words. Imo, these are the easiest.
-- If you press enter prematurely, words in white mean it complies with the rules of the game, meaning the word above, below, and itself, are actual words (according to the game anyways) and can be obtained by changing one letter between them all. This does not mean it is the solution!
-- Work backwards as well as forwards! And if you just need one more word to bridge the gap, just try whatever and hope for the best.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-16 05:21:34

At 12/16/11 02:57 AM, Fooliolo wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 1626
Took me a while to beat hard mode.

Thanks a lot for the tips! I will definitely give it another shot. Normal mode should be doable for me, but hard mode is going to be a pain if even people from the US have a hard time beating it. We'll see. =)

Level 30 borked. You get the medal for revisiting/refreshing the level select after you beat it.

Meh, there are soooo many medals that unlock once you get back to the menu/level select, it's not worth mentioning in your weekly list imo. Maybe a slight sidenote.

Quick question: do you guys think it's usefull if I made a list of all the broken stuff I've encountered since the massive approvaments?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-16 14:11:46

At 12/16/11 05:36 AM, skiller12 wrote: New game
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 5876
Another in the serie, with exactly same medals + 100 pts for one of the easiest medals i ever saw

Yup. Pretty easy. Made a map that's called medals that can get them all..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-16 14:16:42

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-16 14:31:29

At 12/16/11 02:11 PM, EdyKel wrote:
Another in the serie, with exactly same medals + 100 pts for one of the easiest medals i ever saw

Me too. But instead it's called "all medals"

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-16 18:02:38

At 12/16/11 02:31 PM, Knuckstrike wrote: Me too. But instead it's called "all medals"

I went to your map to farm medals, then I went to the map editor, only to find that your map was already loaded!

I decided to submit your map without doing anything else. Propagation much?

This is also a gross injustice to the medal system.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-17 01:19:30

At 12/16/11 02:11 PM, EdyKel wrote:

That was an excellent idea. :)

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-18 16:33:19

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-18 16:45:01

At 12/18/11 04:33 PM, ixfd64 wrote: This has medals, according to the description:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 6046

This has no medals... or at least they don't work/send.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-19 17:18:18

I was wondering if one of you boffins knew how to solve the "Ice Pick" puzzle.

(I'm not entirely sure if you're allowed to post solutions to puzzles in this lounge).

It melts my brain, and several times I think it's impossible since you can't lift the cubes from off the walls.

I've attached a pic that may help with writing the solution.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-19 19:26:07

At 12/19/11 05:18 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 5406
I was wondering if one of you boffins knew how to solve the "Ice Pick" puzzle.
(I'm not entirely sure if you're allowed to post solutions to puzzles in this lounge).
It melts my brain, and several times I think it's impossible since you can't lift the cubes from off the walls.

I've attached a pic that may help with writing the solution.

OK, here goes:

d4 - d3; d3 - a3; g3 - b3; b3 - b8;
d1 - a1; a3 - a2; d2 - b2; b2 - b7;
g6 - j6; j6 - j7; b7 - i7; i7 - i8!

Done and gone! :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-19 19:29:50

Oops! I should read and think before I post.
But hey! It's 1:30 in the morning and I'm tired and stupid and on newgrounds...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-19 19:37:30

At 12/19/11 07:26 PM, BSEfcukde wrote: OK, here goes:

YES! Perfect, thanks a million

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-19 19:55:57

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-20 11:30:29

A few of the medals don't work. I've spent an eternity trying to get that silly 2-by-2 pixel hidden button, and it doesn't even send the "complete the game faster than the author" medal. The 27 second medal works though.

Pic included. Does anyone feel like spending 30 seconds with my walkthrough to see if they really don't work? And otherwise it's a walkthrough for 10 medal points...

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-20 11:58:36

At 12/20/11 11:30 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 8499
A few of the medals don't work. I've spent an eternity trying to get that silly 2-by-2 pixel hidden button, and it doesn't even send the "complete the game faster than the author" medal. The 27 second medal works though.

Pic included. Does anyone feel like spending 30 seconds with my walkthrough to see if they really don't work? And otherwise it's a walkthrough for 10 medal points...

According to author comments, it seems like there's only two medals that were intended to work. I was going to make a large post asking about which medals were broken and whatnot, but mind as well knock this one out.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-20 14:15:21

At 12/20/11 11:30 AM, Knuckstrike wrote:

Does anyone feel like spending 30 seconds with my walkthrough to see if they really don't work? And otherwise it's a walkthrough for 10 medal points...

Your walkthrough was spot on, and I finished in 23 seconds with no medal. Seeing how the game is pretty crummy, I doubt I'll mess around with it enough to even bother with the 27 second medal.

The credits medal on the game works though.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-20 17:46:25

At 12/20/11 02:15 PM, SFS1313 wrote: Your walkthrough was spot on, and I finished in 23 seconds with no medal. Seeing how the game is pretty crummy, I doubt I'll mess around with it enough to even bother with the 27 second medal.

What's so hard about clicking on the correct answer for the last question @ 27 seconds?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-20 18:20:30

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-20 20:09:40

At 12/20/11 05:46 PM, Fooliolo wrote: What's so hard about clicking on the correct answer for the last question @ 27 seconds?

Nothing's hard about it, I just don't feel like playing the game again because it's pretty bad, 10 points or no.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-20 23:05:55

Anyone know how to get the secret medals for "The Company of Myself"? I've gotten one for finishing the game (and bawling my eyes out as a result) but I don't know how to get the other two.