00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

harkhan71 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,654,668 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 21:14:21

At 4/29/09 07:33 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: Finally got the last medal, I found staying on the left worked better. It's much better to run into the bees since they don't do as much damage as cactus'.

Odd for me the bees did way more damage. I also noticed in the nightmare one that when you grab certain health packs it actually hurt me. I had a full slot and when I grabbed one my health went right in half.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 21:18:49

At 4/29/09 09:14 PM, FurryFox wrote:
At 4/29/09 07:33 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: Finally got the last medal, I found staying on the left worked better. It's much better to run into the bees since they don't do as much damage as cactus'.
Odd for me the bees did way more damage. I also noticed in the nightmare one that when you grab certain health packs it actually hurt me. I had a full slot and when I grabbed one my health went right in half.

yeah it's glitched to hell on nightmare. i think he made it so you start at half health because it says in the menu thing that you have less health so it's not supposed to start full. but just hold the left key while you play and you'll take little damage as long as you attempt to avoid the obstacles. should get it no problem then

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 21:24:23

At 4/29/09 09:04 PM, NeonFlame126 wrote: The Tankman won't show up for be in Pico Blast.

It could just be a glitch in the game or something. Try and get it again and as you get it pause the game and refresh the screen. Then if there is still no luck then pm Tom about the glitch.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 21:29:18

I'm sorta confused. The "Games with Medals" collection says that once the medal system is released to the public, we'll be able to incorporate it in our own games and movies. Movies... how would that work?

sigless...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 21:34:03

Tom made a recent post stating he'd let the public know how movie-medals would work soon.

" Soon "

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 21:45:55

At 4/29/09 06:10 PM, life wrote: I made a FAQ for Bob the Barbarian since it's the most asked about game right now:

http://wylina.newgrounds.com/news/post/3 04979

I compiled tips from all of the cool people in this topic. Anything I should add? Fix?

OK thanks a lot l really need a FAQ about BB right now....
By the way, Alex, if you want to get easily the Stamper medal try to glitch the game so that you don't take any damage..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 21:54:18

At 4/29/09 09:45 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
OK thanks a lot l really need a FAQ about BB right now....
By the way, Alex, if you want to get easily the Stamper medal try to glitch the game so that you don't take any damage..

Hey, look, my previous medals were saved in-game even if l am playing BB on another PC...awesome!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 21:56:53

At 4/29/09 09:29 PM, ThePathFinder wrote: I'm sorta confused. The "Games with Medals" collection says that once the medal system is released to the public, we'll be able to incorporate it in our own games and movies. Movies... how would that work?

I read an article by tom about it, it would deal with the finding of Easter eggs, in the movie. But will only be allowed to give up to 50 points. Small games can give out up to 250, and large games can give out up to 500.

I know of a movie right now that would be a perfect fit for that category.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 22:00:41

the metal gear collabs

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 22:05:36

At 4/29/09 10:00 PM, Fleshlight wrote:
the metal gear collabs

and "What is Love"

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 22:09:38

Eeeeew I don't want medals in movies and other non-games.

I only want them in games.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 22:15:56

At 4/29/09 10:09 PM, AniMetal wrote: Eeeeew I don't want medals in movies and other non-games.

I only want them in games.

No, come on, it will be fun, especially in game-movie hybrids...
And btw OMFG I GOT INVINCIBOB!
I used a different tactic than the one in the walkthrough but who cares?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 22:21:53

At 4/29/09 09:45 PM, HeavyTank wrote: try to glitch the game so that you don't take any damage..

And how do you propose to do this?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 22:56:02

At 4/29/09 10:21 PM, KrevZabijak wrote:
At 4/29/09 09:45 PM, HeavyTank wrote: try to glitch the game so that you don't take any damage..
And how do you propose to do this?

just play the game on nightmare but don't let go of the left key. The health pick ups actually work when you do that and eventually you'll become invulnerable

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 23:39:44

My ban has FINALLY been lifted after 7 hard days of not posting. I guess I shouldn't rick roll people on this topic.

Anyways I can't wait for pico day tomorrow. There better be a lot of submissions with medals, I wanna spam (using the word very openly) my account with medals tomorrow, aw man its gonna be sooo tight.

Here's a list of games I would like to see obtain medals.They don't have any remember.

These games would work so well with medals.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 23:47:02

The impossible quiz?

I think everybody by now knows the secrets and the answers
Not necessary imo

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 23:49:36

At 4/29/09 11:47 PM, PHL-Himself wrote: The impossible quiz?

I think everybody by now knows the secrets and the answers
Not necessary imo

I think I gave up at like the high level 70's Anyways for it's time it was quite a hard game and took FOREVER to beat. He could always make a third installement with medals enabled I dunno.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 23:53:00

At 4/29/09 10:56 PM, Fleshlight wrote: just play the game on nightmare but don't let go of the left key. The health pick ups actually work when you do that and eventually you'll become invulnerable

Hahahaha, no. Felt like you just trolled me there. 8 tries so far on nightmare, 72 on my 2nd try, after that couldn't get farther than 30.
That's also the method I used since I first played the game and helped me get the medals. I read this thread, pick up tips, and then play. So.. no.. doesn't work for me.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-30 00:05:51

Huzzah, one of my favorite games got medals!

Yes, I fail at making the more official and cooler looking flash icons. D=

Hello, I am Another-User, and I approve this message.

The unclickable link. O.o

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-30 00:12:15

That's a fair amount of medals.
Well, my sister and her wife are driving in from Austin, it's my nieces' 1st birthdays. Have to get up early, so I guess I just won't freaking sleep again tonight.
Hooray, sleep deprivation continues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-30 00:21:00

At 4/30/09 12:05 AM, life wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/73 449

YES!!! There's actually quite a bit of medals, wow.

At 4/30/09 12:12 AM, KrevZabijak wrote: That's a fair amount of medals.
Well, my sister and her wife are driving in from Austin, it's my nieces' 1st birthdays. Have to get up early, so I guess I just won't freaking sleep again tonight.
Hooray, sleep deprivation continues.

God dam newgrounds, why do you have to be SOOO amazing!
Good luck with tomorrow man.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-30 00:34:29

At 4/30/09 12:05 AM, Another-User wrote: Huzzah, one of my favorite games got medals!
Yes, I fail at making the more official and cooler looking flash icons. D=

Have you ever tried just posting the direct URL instead of making a fancy html link? *hint hint*

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-30 00:55:55

aww you beat me to it!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-30 01:02:35

Now, just waiting for Fleshlight's and everyone else's wonderful tips for Domo.
I can't get past the spinning Puff girls part. Pretty much have the circling dragon's method down to shoot his skull into oblivion.

Me want teh pengwin medl. :| I like penguins, honestly.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-30 01:03:35

----- >> The Medals Collection = Complete list of games with medals! << -----

Secret Medals
When it comes to secret medals, I'll ask you to be vague at best. If an author makes a medal secret, they've done so for a reason. So do not discuss secret medals to any specific extent.

Newest games with medals:

(Once a game has had medals for more than a week it no longer is on the newest medal games list.)

Impossible Medals
Here's a list of games with bugged medals that aren't possible to unlock so no one will waste their time on them and we can spot cheaters:

Broken medals: 2
(Demon Master)
(Victory)

Walkthroughs
All walkthroughs for games with medals are located here. Please use this walkthrough before asking a question here. If you still can't figure something out or need other tips not given in the walkthroughs then you may post asking for help.

Ranking List
The top medal point users list - The rankings of the top users with medal points. The list currently updated by Hybrid-of-Souls.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-30 01:08:54

The Dongle, was exactly what came to mind unfortunately. D=
I never knew this game had so many Easter eggs though, I can't believe in all my playthroughs I never noticed them. =O

Hello, I am Another-User, and I approve this message.

The unclickable link. O.o

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-30 01:30:32

Any ideas on how to get the hidden game and Three Eddies?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-30 01:31:50

At 4/30/09 01:30 AM, Fleshlight wrote: Any ideas on how to get the hidden game and Three Eddies?

I'm more interested in Dongle one :o

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-30 01:32:43

At 4/30/09 01:31 AM, wismty wrote:
At 4/30/09 01:30 AM, Fleshlight wrote: Any ideas on how to get the hidden game and Three Eddies?
I'm more interested in Dongle one :o

only because you don't have it