00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JoeBidenLikesToes just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,654,701 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 16:36:12

At 4/29/09 04:24 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Just a quick question, how long does it take to get the "Kill 50 enemies" in barbarian Bob? I was playing for ages, killing the enemies as they appeared on the top layer of the castle but not hitting the boss.

If I've been reading this thread correctly, none of the enemies that appear during the boss fight count towards the achievement.
If you return to the main menu and start again, I think you can easily reach 50 (as in, I don't think the counter resets).

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 16:36:20

Finally got the last secret medal after 34516 points

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 16:37:41

At 4/29/09 04:24 PM, Lizzardis wrote: So, how long does it take? Usually?

Killing the enemies in the last Boss battle does not count toward the "kill 50 enemies" medal. If you didn't get the medal by then, finish the game, start again without closing the game, and continue killing enemies until you get the medal (the killing count from your last game rolls over to the new game).

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 16:52:08

At 4/29/09 04:36 PM, Fleshlight wrote: Finally got the last secret medal after 34516 points

lolz i seen that secret it sucks and its scary but i finnaly beat the nightmare mode and got all the medals
(grr i still need alkie kong 2 and fu issue2) damit bugs and hard games

the real newgrounds gold

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 16:53:37

I have the same problem and probably killed about 500 of them by now. :)
Can you post something when you get it, Lizzardis? Maybe there's still a bug and we have to do something else first. I'm really a noob at that kind of stuff.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 17:28:00

###############################

Barbarian Bob 50+ Kills Medal

How to achieve this medal.

NOTE: You cannot use kills you got while killing the final boss.

READ THIS Kill all the enemies up to the last 2(screenshot) BEFORE you climb the ramp to kill the king. let these enemies kill you till you get to the game over screen. when you get this, click "Bah, it's only a flesh wound, let me back at them" in which you kill everyone in that stage again, up to the same to enemies, let them kill you again to the game over stage. after this, click "Bah, it's only a flesh wound, let me back at them" and it will be your third kill in to get the medal.

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 17:43:50

At 4/29/09 11:33 AM, KevnSevn wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/49 3448
Oh yes.

HAPPY PICO DAY!

man, that game is easier to get medals on than Newgrounds Pass 3, amirite?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 17:52:42

At 4/29/09 05:43 PM, Nicholas-Deary wrote:
At 4/29/09 11:33 AM, KevnSevn wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/49 3448
Oh yes.

HAPPY PICO DAY!
man, that game is easier to get medals on than Newgrounds Pass 3, amirite?

NG Pass 3 is not too easy in my opinion. Of course, it was pretty easy for people like me who had played the game before, or for cheaters who use walkthroughs. Stamper's quest was an easy game, and yes, I'd say it was much easyer than NG pass because once you got used to it you just know when to do what.

So yeah, NG Pass 3 was actually more difficult, if that makes you happy :D

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 17:56:03

At 4/29/09 05:28 PM, jmalouin7 wrote: READ THIS Kill all the enemies up to the last 2

or you can just finish the game and play it again, that counts too ;)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 17:56:03

At 4/29/09 03:56 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Is there a character in Portal Defenders that gets more brains than the other ones, cause I can't seem to get 5 brains, however many times I tried.

Characters with higher strength tend to get me 3-4 brains on the first Kitty wave alone. Bob gets me a couple, too.

Also, how many freakin zombies do you need to kill to get that you know what?

20. Wade's laser counts towards the total as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 18:07:39

At 4/29/09 05:56 PM, SanderVB wrote:
At 4/29/09 05:28 PM, jmalouin7 wrote: READ THIS Kill all the enemies up to the last 2

You freakin serious?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 18:09:47

At 4/29/09 06:07 PM, Pokemonpoeguygcn wrote:
You freakin serious?!?

You have a problem with playing a game more than once? That's pretty much how over %40 of us got that 50-kills medal. Especially when, in its early stage, we had to beat it once, not earning medals, then without closing it had to beat it again just to start earning medals on a 2nd run.
Yeah. Freakin' serious. :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 18:10:20

At 4/29/09 06:07 PM, Pokemonpoeguygcn wrote:
You freakin serious?!?

Jup, that's how I got it :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 18:10:05

I made a FAQ for Bob the Barbarian since it's the most asked about game right now:

http://wylina.newgrounds.com/news/post/3 04979

I compiled tips from all of the cool people in this topic. Anything I should add? Fix?

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 18:13:10

Complete list of games with medals!

Secret Medals

When it comes to secret medals, I'll ask you to be vague at best. If an author makes a medal secret, they've done so for a reason. So do not discuss secret medals to any specific extent.

Newest games with medals:
icon Castle Crashing the Beard, by BoMToons Type: Game Rating: Ages 13+
icon Pico Blast, by Luis Type: Game Rating: Ages 17+
icon Bunny Invasion: Easter, by GP-studios Type: Game Rating: Ages 17+
icon Barbarian Bob [Remake], by Skribble-Style Type: Game Rating: Ages 13+
icon Pico's School, by TomFulp Type: Game Rating: Ages 17+
icon Red Moon, by D-SuN Type: Game Rating: Ages 13+
icon Madness Regent, by TomFulp Type: Game Rating: Ages 13+

(Once a game has had medals for more than a week it no longer is on the newest medal games list.)

Impossible Medals

Here's a list of games with bugged medals that aren't possible to unlock so no one will waste their time on them and we can spot cheaters:
icon Fear Unlimited Issue2, by Dizimz Type: Game Rating: Ages 17+

Broken medals: 2
(Demon Master)
(Victory)

Walkthroughs

All walkthroughs for games with medals are located here.Please use this walkthrough before asking a question here. If you still can't figure something out or need other tips not given in the walkthroughs then you may post asking for help.

Ranking List
The top medal point users list. The rankings of the top users with medal points. The list currently updated by hybrid-of-souls.

sigless...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 18:29:50

At 4/29/09 06:10 PM, life wrote: I made a FAQ for Bob the Barbarian since it's the most asked about game right now:

http://wylina.newgrounds.com/news/post/3 04979

I compiled tips from all of the cool people in this topic. Anything I should add? Fix?

any User who you have (thanks XXXXXX) link them to there userpages, or something like that.

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 18:41:25

At 4/29/09 05:28 PM, jmalouin7 wrote: ###############################

Barbarian Bob 50+ Kills Medal

Thanks a lot! I kinda tried your method earlier but it didn't work. I just tried it again doing exactly what you said and it worked this time. :)

Nah, for some people I guess, but for others it doesn't. I kinda like that about the medals, it's not just beating the games, It's also a battle against the glitches. =)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 19:05:47

people are saying that game's easy because there's a health glitch that occurs sometimes which makes it so you don't take any damage.

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 19:06:22

At 4/29/09 07:02 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: God, am I the only one struggling with this stamper game? Everyone is saying it's one of the easiest medal games.

What pisses me off about this game is that sometimes I don't even hit a bee or cactus and still take damage. Also, there's health in the damn floor, what the hell? And on one part of the levels, there's a fucking bee right on top of the cactus, making it absolutely impossible to not take damage.

i have the same problem lmao what really pisses me off is the health and cigarettes underground don't get picked up yet when there's a bee underground i get hurt. i'll eventually get the last medal lmao. it's 100 points at least so i have a reason to keep trying

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 19:06:12

At 4/29/09 07:02 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: God, am I the only one struggling with this stamper game? Everyone is saying it's one of the easiest medal games.

What pisses me off about this game is that sometimes I don't even hit a bee or cactus and still take damage. Also, there's health in the damn floor, what the hell? And on one part of the levels, there's a fucking bee right on top of the cactus, making it absolutely impossible to not take damage.

The hitboxes for the game sure are larger than they should be. And those god damned bees show up in places that make collision unavoidable; I have to run into them.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 19:09:44

At 4/29/09 07:06 PM, STEM wrote: The hitboxes for the game sure are larger than they should be. And those god damned bees show up in places that make collision unavoidable; I have to run into them.

And not to mention that some of the health packs in nightmare mode don't even give health, no matter if I'm under or above the 50% health mark

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 19:09:54

At 4/29/09 07:05 PM, Fleshlight wrote: people are saying that game's easy because there's a health glitch that occurs sometimes which makes it so you don't take any damage.

Yeah, like that will happen to any of us who aren't gamer gods like you.
You people always get the good shit.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 19:18:07

At 4/29/09 07:09 PM, KrevZabijak wrote:
At 4/29/09 07:05 PM, Fleshlight wrote: people are saying that game's easy because there's a health glitch that occurs sometimes which makes it so you don't take any damage.

yeah seriously XD haha the health boxes do more damage to me than the damn bees lmao

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 19:19:52

At 4/29/09 07:09 PM, KrevZabijak wrote:

hehehe gamer gods :D its not hard to play that game, i had the 100 point medal after the second attempt. first attempt i hit 87, second i hit 114 before i gave up

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 19:21:33

It is, only for the 1st 3 difficulties. Nightmare mode is the problem. The medal for that is 100 pack and that difficulty is when the bee and cactus is does more damage and the health pack don't restore a lot of health.

Note to everyone: Avoid the bee at all costs

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 19:29:08

At 4/29/09 07:21 PM, Pokemonpoeguygcn wrote:
It is, only for the 1st 3 difficulties. Nightmare mode is the problem. The medal for that is 100 pack and that difficulty is when the bee and cactus is does more damage and the health pack don't restore a lot of health.
Note to everyone: Avoid the bee at all costs

alright i just figured something out for nightmare mode. hold down the left key the whole time while you play. it makes to take less damage and the health packs actually work this way. i just tried it and got it on my first try.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 19:30:05

>> Complete list of games with medals! <<

Secret Medals

When it comes to secret medals, I'll ask you to be vague at best. If an author makes a medal secret, they've done so for a reason. So do not discuss secret medals to any specific extent.

Newest games with medals:

(Once a game has had medals for more than a week it no longer is on the newest medal games list.)

Impossible Medals

Here's a list of games with bugged medals that aren't possible to unlock so no one will waste their time on them and we can spot cheaters:

Broken medals: 2
(Demon Master)
(Victory)

Walkthroughs
All walkthroughs for games with medals are located here. Please use this walkthrough before asking a question here. If you still can't figure something out or need other tips not given in the walkthroughs then you may post asking for help.

Ranking List

The top medal point users list - The rankings of the top users with medal points. The list currently updated by Hybrid-of-Souls.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 19:33:53

Shouldn't Bunny be taken off by now?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 21:04:21

The Tankman won't show up for be in Pico Blast.

fucker.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-04-29 21:08:12

At 4/29/09 09:04 PM, NeonFlame126 wrote: The Tankman won't show up for be in Pico Blast.

fucker.

My only advise to you is to just play it again...sorry

BBS Signature