00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thatgooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,648,652 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-29 22:52:34

Wow...been playing it since it was submitted...it gets pretty grindy after a while because you NEED the best upgrades if you want to beat the last bosses...need...more...goooooold!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-30 03:46:01

At 3/29/10 07:02 PM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 1743
Has medals!

I've figured out two of the super-weapon combinations:

unsheathed plasma (purple) goes with fusion (green)
blue orbs go with tetra fire

I assume the yellow laser goes with double fire, but either I'm wrong or I got to the double fire a little too late, because it just turned into a double fire for me.

Also, some in-game achievement tips:

For "Impossible" you need the Cheater upgrade from the Black Market, and the Warp skill. Warp all the way to the end, don't stop for anything, and you should finish in under 45 seconds. Then the Cheater upgrade will take off all your time, giving you a time of 0. The Cheater upgrade is also instrumental in getting the "4 amazing or above" etc achievements.

The top-tier in-game achievements I've achieved or decoded thus far:
Warlord (200,000 Gold) - Heartlessly defeat 2000 enemies
Mega-Insanity (100,000 Gold) - Crash into a boss 15 times
Filthy Rich (300,000 Gold) - Obtain 5 million gold
Strange Irony (430,000 Gold) - Destroy Neko's shop
Sniper (1,000,000 Gold) - Finish a level with over 95% accuracy
Badge of Conquest (1,000,000 Gold) - Complete 15 missions
Full Capacity (2,000,000 Gold) - Acquire all skills
Ultimate Defender of the Enigmata (1,000,000 Gold) - Defeat 10000 enemies

The Box of Doom (140,000 Gold) - gt linopdCoc. eolxabnxle = ???
Obliviator (400,000 Gold) - 0 s9i lfane ertenvp m%fl1vs.e De vt oai5eeloeel ae = ???
Non-Random Achievement (800,000 Gold) - aiJ.wsgk, tdnsmiudtiod a rn = ???
Just Made It (1,200,000 Gold) - oinadae h .higveEwnlmt%l dirle rn5eans drmi = ???
Titan (1,500,000 Gold) - sh aptr a0.roihtC00amee5wri = ???
O.C.D. (2,500,000 Gold) - tehreennritpygei v Oh snhs o ewth. = ???
Perfectionist Elite (3,000,000 Gold) - i vd4hnisi hf1.c leeest l6PFalelybvoen ewtr e = ???

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-30 04:11:09

Alright, so I was correct about mixing the yellow lasers with the double fire, and the non-random achievement is "Just kidding, it was random." So there's some more progress and such.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-30 04:37:56

At 3/30/10 03:46 AM, chris-marks wrote:
At 3/29/10 07:02 PM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote:
The Box of Doom (140,000 Gold) - gt linopdCoc. eolxabnxle = ???

Collect an exploding box.

Obliviator (400,000 Gold) - 0 s9i lfane ertenvp m%fl1vs.e De vt oai5eeloeel ae = ???

Defeat over 95% of enemies in a level past level 10.

Non-Random Achievement (800,000 Gold) - aiJ.wsgk, tdnsmiudtiod a rn = ???

Just kidding, it was random.

Just Made It (1,200,000 Gold) - oinadae h .higveEwnlmt%l dirle rn5eans drmi = ???

End level with 5% armor and shield remaining.

Titan (1,500,000 Gold) - sh aptr a0.roihtC00amee5wri = ???

???

O.C.D. (2,500,000 Gold) - tehreennritpygei v Oh snhs o ewth. = ???

Own everything in the three shops.

Perfectionist Elite (3,000,000 Gold) - i vd4hnisi hf1.c leeest l6PFalelybvoen ewtr e = ???

???

There are still two left...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-30 04:41:49

After looking around some more I found the other two:

Perfectionist Elite - Finish a level with 4 Perfects beyond level 16
Titan - Make a ship with 5000 armor

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-30 05:03:35

Obliviator: Defeat more than 95% of enemies in a level past 10.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-30 05:13:15

Just some quick clarification...

Filthy Rich (300,000 Gold) - Obtain 5 million gold

Must register in the level - so don't spend it until you go through a mission with that amount.

Strange Irony (430,000 Gold) - Destroy Neko's shop

Appears randomly during replay of a level.

Sniper (1,000,000 Gold) - Finish a level with over 95% accuracy

I got this by not shooting anything in level 1, and warping as fast as I could through it. Make sure to have the "simulate boss" option turned off to improve your chances of getting it. Any stray shot counts against you.

The Box of Doom (140,000 Gold) - Collect an exploding box.

I got this on level 13. Appears randomly, as a box with "Ex" on it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-30 05:20:15

Anyone know where the Ledgendary [sic] Key is, or how you acquire it?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-30 05:45:47

Is it bad that I'm only now going to bed, at almost 6 in the morning, after playing Xenu for the last 6 hours? Is it also bad that I haven't finished the game yet? I'm through level 17, with everything I need to take a run at it except the limitless missiles upgrade and some nukes, and I've unlocked all the parts of the store. And I desperately need sleep, because I have things to do today.

Today's going to suck.

In other news, there's both a blue version and a yellow version of those orb things that work with tetra fire. I have no idea which one is more powerful.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-30 06:03:48

At 3/30/10 05:45 AM, chris-marks wrote: Is it bad that I'm only now going to bed, at almost 6 in the morning, after playing Xenu for the last 6 hours? Is it also bad that I haven't finished the game yet? I'm through level 17, with everything I need to take a run at it except the limitless missiles upgrade and some nukes, and I've unlocked all the parts of the store. And I desperately need sleep, because I have things to do today.

Today's going to suck.

In other news, there's both a blue version and a yellow version of those orb things that work with tetra fire. I have no idea which one is more powerful.

No. I've been up whole nights playing a game. Nothing wrong in the least about it. :D

Currently, it's 3 AM where I am. I might head off to bed soon, but there's still so much to do in this game... God, I love these types of games.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-30 13:08:26

So it turns out you can defeat Genu really, really easily by getting max-level time stop and saving up on those minor energy boost items. I found that I could keep time stopped for almost the entire fight by just using those minor energy boost items, because they were restoring 100% of my energy rather than only 50 points of it.

Also I got the Ledgendary [sic] key as a random drop on level 19, and it opens up the boss world, another tier of elite ships, and a Darkness Energy Charge skill that converts the darkness aura into energy.

I'm stuck on one of the missions though. It's the one where you need to destroy 15 medium sized purple ships; I can't find any! The only missions I'm missing completion on are that one, the one where you collect 25 blue crystals, and the second-last one where you have to destroy all the medium sized green ships. What level is good for finding those purple ones? Getting the mission money bonus will go a long way toward helping me get the 25 million gold I need to unlock the top tier ships.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-30 18:03:36

Also I got the Ledgendary [sic] key as a random drop on level 19, and it opens up the boss world, another tier of elite ships, and a Darkness Energy Charge skill that converts the darkness aura into energy.

I didn't beat level 19, so I must of got it on level 18...

I'm stuck on one of the missions though. It's the one where you need to destroy 15 medium sized purple ships.

level 10. They're the ones that shoot those purple homing lazers at you.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-30 20:10:29

Those medium sized purple ships also appear in level 11. In both levels they appear randomly, though.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-30 20:43:57

At 3/30/10 08:10 PM, EdyKel wrote: Those medium sized purple ships also appear in level 11. In both levels they appear randomly, though.

Yep, I actually just finished messing around in levels 10 and 11 testing out my new elite tier ships. I also got some of those blue crystals on those levels, so they must show up everywhere randomly once you activate the mission. I don't think I'm going to keep playing it tonight though; it has to stop! I'm missing the "nearly die 5 times" achievement (though I got it the first time I went up against the level 25 boss, right before I died), "get all the skills", "get all of everything", "finish 15 missions", and "finish with less than 5% health."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-30 21:07:59

that NerveJungla game is free medals on a slow computer. got them all on my second try.
but good god do i need to keep up with medal games.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-30 23:26:44

Right now I have almost 11 million credits, so I ask you this question: should I buy the infinite missiles or the infinite bonuses?One of them will give me a lot of extra firepower (I never use missiles) for free, the other one does the same, but in a different way...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-30 23:44:51

At 3/30/10 11:26 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Right now I have almost 11 million credits, so I ask you this question: should I buy the infinite missiles or the infinite bonuses?One of them will give me a lot of extra firepower (I never use missiles) for free, the other one does the same, but in a different way...

I went for infinite bonuses first, and make sure you get the level 3 skill that blocks new weapons from replacing the one you have. You'll have to activate it at the beginning of each level, by the way. The best weapon still seems to be the 4-way blue lasers, too.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-30 23:47:39

At 3/30/10 11:44 PM, chris-marks wrote: I went for infinite bonuses first, and make sure you get the level 3 skill that blocks new weapons from replacing the one you have. You'll have to activate it at the beginning of each level, by the way. The best weapon still seems to be the 4-way blue lasers, too.

Yeah, I tried the missiles, no matter how hard I try I just can't beat level 18, even by chain-slowing down time with items...I'll try to find a good bonus and then lock it...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-31 01:33:43

I thought I'd share some tips for Genu's Revenge, but it ended up getting a little long so I moved it onto my very first post, a (sort of) guide I guess.

Clicky

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-31 02:09:20

At 3/30/10 11:47 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Yeah, I tried the missiles, no matter how hard I try I just can't beat level 18, even by chain-slowing down time with items...I'll try to find a good bonus and then lock it...

I always go the guns 'a blazin route. I buy all the extra damage modifiers and turrets for my ship, then upgrade them all the way. For skills, "Mega blast" does wonders for clearing the screen and "Psion wave" clears away large enemies, structures, besides doing great damage against bosses.

A good shop item to get is the "Fiery amulet", which increases your chance at finding rare items like "Nekon orbs" and "Ultimate renews". Such items are invaluable during boss battles, as they instantly regenerate armor, shields, and energy. Farm these items by replaying previous levels before you take on any strong boss.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-31 04:15:05

You guys tried to decode the Rank 3 achievements when they are already on the official walkthrough..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-31 04:51:52

Where's the fun in that...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-31 06:52:45

So I have 1.9 million gold and I'm about to go up against the Mega-Goliath. My question is whether or not I should spend 1 million on 25 nuclear strikes since I can't seem to beat the boss. (Along with the nuclear strikes I will be able to buy a level 4 time stop)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-31 08:14:01

At 3/31/10 06:52 AM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: So I have 1.9 million gold and I'm about to go up against the Mega-Goliath. My question is whether or not I should spend 1 million on 25 nuclear strikes since I can't seem to beat the boss. (Along with the nuclear strikes I will be able to buy a level 4 time stop)

You should replay previous levels until you have 11 million, then buy the infinite missile upgrade. You can move nukes onto your skill bar without having to purchase any (just drag the icon), so once you have 11 million drag the nukes down and buy the infinite missiles. I alternated between nukes for bosses, and the next missile down (the one that sometimes kills enemies in 1 shot) for regular level play.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-31 09:08:17

At 3/31/10 01:33 AM, queenofbabes wrote: I thought I'd share some tips for Genu's Revenge, but it ended up getting a little long so I moved it onto my very first post, a (sort of) guide I guess.

Clicky

I made one too, and I linked to yours in it. I also left the information you have that I wasn't planning to include in your guide, so as not to poach. So my guide is more weapons-based, and yours is more skills-based.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-31 16:39:51

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-31 16:49:22

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-31 16:54:22

Okay, wtf.
Anyway, are the ELITE tier ships worth the money?Because frankly, I will probably get 25 million faster than I can get 10 energy-boosting items...even with the drop rate-enhancing bonus, the items you find are ridiculously few...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-31 17:49:29

At 3/31/10 04:49 PM, thelastlastmedalgot wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/11 652
I c'ant believe this got medals.

What the hell.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-31 17:53:17

At 3/31/10 04:49 PM, thelastlastmedalgot wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/11 652
I c'ant believe this got medals.

Obviously just a joke, since the medals aren't even possible to acquire.

It is strange, though as to why Tom would allow it to get medals.

BBS Signature