00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

vestik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,642,326 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-25 18:28:15

Okay, so I'm going to slow down my PC to make the timer lag...let's hope this works.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-25 18:56:34

At 3/25/10 06:28 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Okay, so I'm going to slow down my PC to make the timer lag...let's hope this works.

It should work that's exactly what I did in order to get the last medal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-25 20:20:55

At 3/25/10 06:28 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Okay, so I'm going to slow down my PC to make the timer lag...let's hope this works.

I can verify this works. I was having trouble with it, with a best time of 164 seconds, so I loaded up like 30 tabs, a bunch with youtube videos and other stuff and it makes the game lag, slowing the time.

Going at the same pace as before, the lag helped me get a 145 second run.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-25 20:47:43

At 3/25/10 06:56 PM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote:

It didn't work.I slowed it down A LOT, everything was lagging, but this just caused the game to lag as well, so I didn't really gain much time...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-25 20:53:49

Oh c'mon, it's not that hard. I got under 150 seconds in about ten attempts. You shouldn't have to resort to any trickery for this one.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-25 21:35:23

At 3/25/10 08:47 PM, HeavyTank wrote: It didn't work.I slowed it down A LOT, everything was lagging, but this just caused the game to lag as well, so I didn't really gain much time...

The whole point was to get the game to lag, wasn't it?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-25 21:42:17

At 3/25/10 08:47 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 3/25/10 06:56 PM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote:
It didn't work.I slowed it down A LOT, everything was lagging, but this just caused the game to lag as well, so I didn't really gain much time...

Yeah, but the timer should slow to a crawl. At least, that's what it did when I tried it. 97 seconds. The lag acts as slow motion for you, without affecting the response of the game when you click on stuff. The only difficulty I had was trying to throw the "yang" over the black wall part.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-25 22:23:35

At 3/25/10 09:42 PM, EdyKel wrote: Yeah, but the timer should slow to a crawl. At least, that's what it did when I tried it. 97 seconds. The lag acts as slow motion for you, without affecting the response of the game when you click on stuff. The only difficulty I had was trying to throw the "yang" over the black wall part.

Yup, that's what did NOT happen.The timer was only a bit slower than normal, and the game was lagging way too much.
And jercurpac, frankly, I think it's physically impossible to finish the game in under 150 seconds if the game runs normally...
I think ll'I have to use my 2002 laptop to do the job...if that doesn't work, oh well.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-25 23:42:55

One thing I found that really helps for that game, is that you don't actually have to toss the ninja to collect the stars. You can drag him over a star, release the mouse button and press again really quickly, and he'll pick up any stars he happened to be intersecting at the time. So on the last one, for instance, you can get the four top middle stars by release-clicking, then drop him down one side to get the two at the top on that side and all the ones on the way down, then click-release the two central bottom ones, then drop him down the other side to finish the level without activating a bomb.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-26 00:20:33

Ha, yeah, don't toss the ninja!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-26 00:40:58

At 3/25/10 10:23 PM, HeavyTank wrote: And jercurpac, frankly, I think it's physically impossible to finish the game in under 150 seconds if the game runs normally...

Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

It's one of those games that requires luck and memorization in equal measure. There are a few tricks that can help you shave a second or two here and there.

-Most notable is the quick click to grab the ninja instead of tossing him wildly. Also, with that make sure on the last ninja puzzle to unclick between the stars on the top row to grab two at a time.

-To make the red and white Yin Yang puzzles easier drag the black guy close to the barrier before moving it, makes it much easier to drag it across in time. With the the clothing puzzles try to see which article takes the longest to get to and do that one last. You don't have to worry about going over so you can click as fast as possible.

- To keep from going past the letter you're looking for in the word puzzles it helps to count out the many clicks as you do them. For example if you get "notes" in the last one count out 1-2-3-4 with every click.

- Know when the puzzles that are always the same are coming up and have your cursor where it needs to be. For the count the triangle/squares/lines the answers are always the same in the same spot.

- For the last Yin Yang puzzle try to toss the black half with a medium amount of force. Too little and you'll hit the wall without going over. Too much and it will spend too much time bouncing around and it might hit the wall anyway. You just have to practice and get to a point where you can get it on the first shot a decent amount of times.

- In the porcupine puzzle quick as rapidly as possible. I've found that will cause you to win without having to get rid of all the needles. You'll pass with three or our left to go.

- The "spot the difference" puzzles are the other sticking point. Sometimes you'll cursor over the right one right away and sometimes you'll waste a few seconds checking out everyone. In a game like this every second counts. As a frame of reference you'll want to pass the first set of puzzles at 40 seconds and the second set at around 85. You'll also want to beat the last yin yang puzzle at 125 seconds. After that you're pretty much in the clear.

It seems really hard, but if you can practice shaving off a second or two here and there and then put all the tactics together in one run you can definitely do it. I highly suggest beating it legit, feels good, man. Feel free to steal this and blog it if anyone wants a guide out there for reference.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-26 00:45:38

At 3/26/10 12:40 AM, Jercurpac wrote: - In the porcupine puzzle quick as rapidly as possible.

What the hell...it's a cactus.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-26 07:39:43

At 3/26/10 12:40 AM, Jercurpac wrote:
Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Dude, you got it because you slowed it down, like everyone else....you probably didn't notice the timer being slower than normal, so you think that you got it "legit"...
Don't act high and mighty.

It's one of those games that requires luck and memorization in equal measure. There are a few tricks that can help you shave a second or two here and there.

-Most notable is the quick click to grab the ninja instead of tossing him wildly. Also, with that make sure on the last ninja puzzle to unclick between the stars on the top row to grab two at a time.

I did that, I found it out as soon as the ninja landed on a bomb...

-To make the red and white Yin Yang puzzles easier drag the black guy close to the barrier before moving it, makes it much easier to drag it across in time.

I did that too

- Know when the puzzles that are always the same are coming up and have your cursor where it needs to be. For the count the triangle/squares/lines the answers are always the same in the same spot.

Yeah, you can use the walkthrough for that.

- For the last Yin Yang puzzle try to toss the black half with a medium amount of force. Too little and you'll hit the wall without going over. Too much and it will spend too much time bouncing around and it might hit the wall anyway. You just have to practice and get to a point where you can get it on the first shot a decent amount of times.

In my last try I got it on my first toss (but I got lucky TBH).

You'll also want to beat the last yin yang puzzle at 125 seconds. After that you're pretty much in the clear.

It seems really hard, but if you can practice shaving off a second or two here and there and then put all the tactics together in one run you can definitely do it. I highly suggest beating it legit, feels good, man. Feel free to steal this and blog it if anyone wants a guide out there for reference.

Blog it?Where else would I post a guide for a newgrounds game?Just put it on your news post as a guide...
I'm telling you, even if you do everything perfectly (and I mean perfectly, without wasting half a second) you can't get less than 160..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-26 07:57:30

Just on the topic of the slow computer working for that game.... It really does work. I can't play most of the games because my computer is so slow. I usually have to play games at the office on their computer. I can't even play the new blob game because I simply can't get past the ledges. It's literally that laggy.

A game like this. Well I can play games like this lol. I'll admit that the only reason that I got all of the medals was because my computer is super slow. I would have never been able to get them on a normal computer.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-28 14:10:22

This part is impossible! How are you supposed to get pass it if the ground make you move slow?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-28 16:18:52

At 3/28/10 02:10 PM, PikaRobo wrote: This part is impossible! How are you supposed to get pass it if the ground make you move slow?

I believe you have to line up that pig creature in front of you so that giant thing can't hit you. Use the rocks there to help line him up.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-28 16:23:18

At 3/28/10 02:10 PM, PikaRobo wrote: This part is impossible! How are you supposed to get pass it if the ground make you move slow?

Oops! Double post.

Chris-marks has an awesome walk-through for the game:

Theia walkthrough

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-28 17:59:02

At 3/28/10 04:23 PM, EdyKel wrote:
Oops! Double post.

Theia walkthrough

I've seen the walkthrough, it didn't help much. The pig always moves faster then you do, so how is he supposed to block?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-28 19:30:39

At 3/28/10 05:59 PM, PikaRobo wrote: I've seen the walkthrough, it didn't help much. The pig always moves faster then you do, so how is he supposed to block?

You have to start with the pig a little bit behind you so that he doesn't overlap you until just as you're passing the Bubba. It takes a little bit of trial-and-error to get the precise placement down.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-28 20:01:06

At 3/26/10 07:39 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Dude, you got it because you slowed it down, like everyone else....you probably didn't notice the timer being slower than normal, so you think that you got it "legit"...
Don't act high and mighty.

That was kind of a wink-wink, nudge-nudge, I didn't mean to be a dick. We've all gotten help on a game I wouldn't look down on someone for doing something I'd stoop to. I play Hippolyta with the armor on with high-quality because it slows down my computer and makes it easier. I do put most games into low quality so my computer runs them better, but it's entirely possible that my computer runs the game fractionally slower regardless so it looks the same even though it cuts off enough time to make the difference.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-28 20:20:51

At 3/28/10 05:59 PM, PikaRobo wrote:
At 3/28/10 04:23 PM, EdyKel wrote:
Oops! Double post.

Theia walkthrough
I've seen the walkthrough, it didn't help much. The pig always moves faster then you do, so how is he supposed to block?

Maybe this will help:

Use the stone the arrows are pointing at to align yourself with the pig, then move up, then forward, and then down.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-28 22:40:15

The other night I finally played through Wrath of Anubis, and it took about 4 hours to finish the game starting at the beginning of Act 2. That's a long way to go for 100 points (already had the first medal), but at least I can knock it off my to-do list. I'm surprised there's no video walkthrough for that game. No way I'm doing it though.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-29 11:06:28

NerveJangla walkthrough is up. Includes both a text walkthrough (corrected from the official walkthrough, which is inaccurate) and a RankNinja video walkthrough. And an Indiana Jones joke.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-29 12:54:20

At 3/28/10 10:40 PM, chris-marks wrote: The other night I finally played through Wrath of Anubis, and it took about 4 hours to finish the game starting at the beginning of Act 2. That's a long way to go for 100 points (already had the first medal), but at least I can knock it off my to-do list. I'm surprised there's no video walkthrough for that game. No way I'm doing it though.

Now we know what to pester you into doing. :p

The game is only long to perfectionists. From my experience, collecting all the unnecessary junk like coins and gems take up most of the time time - And, unfortunately, they add nothing to the medal count.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-29 15:16:07

At 3/29/10 12:54 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 3/28/10 10:40 PM, chris-marks wrote: The other night I finally played through Wrath of Anubis, and it took about 4 hours to finish the game starting at the beginning of Act 2. That's a long way to go for 100 points (already had the first medal), but at least I can knock it off my to-do list. I'm surprised there's no video walkthrough for that game. No way I'm doing it though.
Now we know what to pester you into doing. :p

The game is only long to perfectionists. From my experience, collecting all the unnecessary junk like coins and gems take up most of the time time - And, unfortunately, they add nothing to the medal count.

Mostly I had difficulty in area 2. I finally sat down to play it again after a long hiatus, and pushed ahead past the levels I was having difficulty with, and found that by going back and forth I was able to do it. And I was definitely ignoring the coins and gems and such, except when I needed all the gems to open the door. Only idol I'm missing now is the one from the bonus level, because the ghosts get me when I get to the top left of the level.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-29 16:30:51

Chris,
I know a while back you were wondering if Medieval Rampage medals worked. I just got the 100 achievements completed and received the medal. Enjoy wasting time to get this one!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-29 18:40:20

At 3/29/10 03:16 PM, chris-marks wrote: Mostly I had difficulty in area 2. I finally sat down to play it again after a long hiatus, and pushed ahead past the levels I was having difficulty with, and found that by going back and forth I was able to do it. And I was definitely ignoring the coins and gems and such, except when I needed all the gems to open the door. Only idol I'm missing now is the one from the bonus level, because the ghosts get me when I get to the top left of the level.

Don't remember having too many problems with the 2nd area, but there were a few levels in the 3rd area that gave me some trouble. And it sounds like you didn't run into the idol glitch. I had to make a map in the level editor to get the 50th idol because one didn't register on my total count.

On another note, Enigmata: Genu's Revenge is out. I wonder if it's going to get medals, since the first one did?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-29 19:02:02

Has medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-29 19:08:36

Good, the first game was pretty nice, and if I remember correctly the medals were pretty easy...
Also, now you need to BEAT the last boss to get the medal, unlike the last game :P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-29 19:40:39

Man! Are the controls different from the first! I kinda like them, after getting used to them.