00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

littlefoot970 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,648,687 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-22 15:58:38

At 7/22/11 03:19 PM, SFS1313 wrote:
At 7/22/11 03:01 PM, Fooliolo wrote: D Award has been fixed. The author said that the quotation marks of "D" Award made it unobtainable xD
Do you have to win the race as well to get the medal? Because I just played twice, and beat 2000 both times and no medal.

Play Hardcore survival mode.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-22 16:25:30

At 7/22/11 04:07 PM, Addict wrote:
At 7/22/11 01:27 PM, ugolegend94 wrote: new game!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 5272
um wow, this game is horrible.

Think about it medal hunters- if some of the games on this site with the medal system, such as the ridiculous platformer Lastman DIDN'T have medals, would you really play the game? I mean I can understand putting up with it for a couple minutes but oh my god it's just some games leave you dumbfounded.

It kinda explains why I don't have the first 100 pt medal from Last Man yet, or why I don't have shyts from English Pub Pool.

As for this game, I think it's cool and interesting, with some original ideas. Not every game is for everyone.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-22 17:41:18

At 7/22/11 04:07 PM, Addict wrote:
At 7/22/11 01:27 PM, ugolegend94 wrote: new game!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 5272
um wow, this game is horrible.

Think about it medal hunters- if some of the games on this site with the medal system, such as the ridiculous platformer Lastman DIDN'T have medals, would you really play the game? I mean I can understand putting up with it for a couple minutes but oh my god it's just some games leave you dumbfounded.

I like the game. It's obviously way too easy but it's a creative game with a fun concept. As for your question, I think 80% of the time I'm having fun playing games. 10% of the time I'm mindlessly playing a game when most of my attention is with something else (like music, stuff on TV, whatever). 5% of the time I don't really like the game, but the 'rewards' (as in medals) are nice enough for me to actually like playing it. The other 5% are times when I straight up dislike a game but I still play it because of the medals. Please note that Lastman doesn't fall in that last category, because most of the time it was fun to get further and further into the game, learn about more booby-traps and get closer and closer to the goal.

Medals really add something to games, and no I'm not just talking about that shiny badge on your profile. I mean these challenges within a game makes the game itself a lot more fun to play imo. When I see a really difficult medal requirement in a fun game, I really enjoy thinking about a good strategy, make a plan, and keep getting better and better at it until you finally reach that goal. This is pretty much the thing I like most about gaming in general.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-22 21:13:11

Could someone PM me on the secret medal in "Going Up"?

Time is never ever standing still, except on Never Ending Hill

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-22 21:14:35

At 7/22/11 03:58 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Play Hardcore survival mode.

Got both the D medal, and the Eye medal using this. Much obliged, sir.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-23 01:54:53

New game?

Every other reincarnation game has had medals, so I assume it will.. But it seems like LiLg would have his medals automatically approved.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-23 01:54:59

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-23 05:04:00

Now the last secret medal in my game was fixed, you can get that medal only in version 1.1 or 1.2 of the game, right click to see the version of the game, sorry for the delay!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-23 05:40:44

Works perfectly. Thanks. =)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-23 06:33:43

At 7/22/11 09:13 PM, vlandeismilsoum2 wrote: Could someone PM me on the secret medal in "Going Up"?

PM sent.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-23 12:26:18

BTW, is the newgrounds page for a medal game supposed to have them listed underneath? They use to

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-23 12:27:49

At 7/22/11 11:04 AM, ugolegend94 wrote:
At 7/22/11 10:51 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 7/22/11 09:35 AM, SFS1313 wrote:
I also have a problem with Crowbar secret medal. Is it broken?
I got that medal in the screen of "HELP" if you can not get that medal try to enter the secret code many times, at least 20.

I think they updated the game. I kept punching in the code (maaaany times) to no avail last night. Tried it this morning and got the medal on the first try.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-23 13:00:43

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-23 13:34:41

Can someone send me a PM to tell me how to get the second and third secret medal in the game Feed the Children?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-23 14:35:07

Pirate Bunny doesn't need saving, you can't fail that game! Whether you successfully complete it is another matter though. I guess that means he needs saving from limbo? @_@

At 7/23/11 01:34 PM, ugolegend94 wrote: Can someone send me a PM to tell me how to get the second and third secret medal in the game Feed the Children?

Dun dun dun!!!

(done)

Playing with a budget keyboard is making me tear out my hair. Keys get stuck while pressed or sometimes they won't go down. Argh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-23 15:17:01

At 7/23/11 01:00 PM, ugolegend94 wrote: new game! (I posted the game with the icon)
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 5322

Lock combo game easy. Spikes in cave harder. Anybody know answer?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-23 16:46:54

At 7/23/11 11:14 AM, skiller12 wrote: Lets see, i never posted any game into this section

Not a bad game. I found 4 of the bottles, but can't find the damn fifth one. It would probably help if the darn things actually looked like bottles to begin with.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-23 16:48:35

At 7/23/11 03:17 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Lock combo game easy. Spikes in cave harder. Anybody know answer?

Look at the letters, and remember your alphabet. :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-23 17:40:11

OK this is weird. Medals are appearing on my page for Ninja Warrior 2, But not my friends, who I know have earned them

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-23 18:51:14

At 7/23/11 04:46 PM, SFS1313 wrote:
At 7/23/11 11:14 AM, skiller12 wrote: Lets see, i never posted any game into this section

Not a bad game. I found 4 of the bottles, but can't find the damn fifth one. It would probably help if the darn things actually looked like bottles to begin with.

You might be missing the first one. It's on the boat when it cuts to the red bunnies before you move the cannon to shoot them. You have to be quick before it cuts back to you and the cannon. It'll be on top of the crate when the bunny jumps off. The rest are on static screens. The last is in the underwater puzzle behind the air gauge, making it hard to see.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-23 19:43:52

At 7/23/11 06:51 PM, Narcissus wrote: You might be missing the first one. It's on the boat when it cuts to the red bunnies before you move the cannon to shoot them. You have to be quick before it cuts back to you and the cannon. It'll be on top of the crate when the bunny jumps off. The rest are on static screens. The last is in the underwater puzzle behind the air gauge, making it hard to see.

Thanks Narcissus. I missed the last one behind the air gauge... it was pretty impossible to make out. It must be these old eyes of mine.

Thanks again, buddy. :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-23 23:17:05

Made a Medal Guide for Feed The Children, but I feel like I have some factual errors, feedback would be appreciated.

Also, got the high score on Super Robot Action Game. Time to sit back and watch you guys knock me off the top ten.

q

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-23 23:58:31

At 7/23/11 11:17 PM, joeyjoah wrote: Made a Medal Guide for Feed The Children, but I feel like I have some factual errors, feedback would be appreciated.

It's frowned upon to publicly reveal secret medals. You may give hints instead.

However, I feel like we just kinda break that rule anyways for games where all the medals are secret. Oh well. I suppose it's fun to figure out all the medals as a community xD

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-24 00:29:57

At 7/23/11 11:17 PM, joeyjoah wrote: Made a Medal Guide for Feed The Children, but I feel like I have some factual errors, feedback would be appreciated.

People used to write guides for every game big and small, then they got lazy I guess. It's great to see people making the effort to write guides again.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-24 00:53:16

At 7/23/11 11:58 PM, Fooliolo wrote:
It's frowned upon to publicly reveal secret medals. You may give hints instead.

I suppose you're right. I figured if people were going to a guide they might as well see all of the secrets, but finding them on your own IS more fun.

At 7/24/11 12:29 AM, queenofbabes wrote: People used to write guides for every game big and small, then they got lazy I guess. It's great to see people making the effort to write guides again.

Thanks! It's my first guide and it seemed that enough people needed help.

q

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-25 00:14:55

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-25 09:29:21

Has 0 point medals according to the description.

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-25 10:48:51

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-25 12:26:17

Tom Fulp has medals for these two games called Symphonic Tower and Gap Monsters which I believe haven't been submitted yet.

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-07-25 12:49:33

At 7/25/11 12:26 PM, Hacsev wrote: Tom Fulp has medals for these two games called Symphonic Tower and Gap Monsters which I believe haven't been submitted yet.

Now he has one for DHaven too.

Does anybody know how to get past the part after the spider bridge in the ninja warrior 2: GR game?
It's on the first level, and you have to jump off a moving white rope. I continually fall in the water... Thanks in advance.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature