00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

advocate6975 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,655,284 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 14:47:20

Only thing that bothers me with When Pigs Fly is that the hit detection is a bit off. You already die when you are literally right next to the obstacle (ie the pixels are right next to each other) and also it seems as if those stalactites are only one big block. So the stalactite that sticks out most is the hitpoint for the whole obstacle. So it looks like you don't even hit the obstacle but yet you die.

Other than that it's a funny game. And when I find I can't beat one screen I move the game in the background, do something else for a while and then try it again. This often helps to calm down and then try it again without being too angry. :)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 14:54:13

At 7/29/09 12:55 PM, Wylo wrote:
At 7/29/09 12:32 PM, KingExodus wrote: BTW This is the 50TH Game People!
Its the 52nd. Trick-or-Treat was 50th. Not including FearU.

Shat up...
Anyways 0.5x speed video is up!

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 15:01:56

Decreasing the speed of the flash, isn't that... A bit devious?

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 15:15:26

You can do it in windows movie maker.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 15:19:14

The "Better than Jill" medal is broken. 1 hour and 9 minutes IS longer than twelve minutes. No doubt about that. Yet, I recieved the medal when I beat the game. I think it's because the code for the medal doesn't recognize the "one hour" and only sees the "9 minutes".

Also, it took me so long because I let the game run in the background while doing something else as I've mentioned above.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 15:38:44

At 7/29/09 03:15 PM, KingExodus wrote: You can do it in windows movie maker.

Oh, sorry. I just saw Hypercam, didn't know you did Hypercam, then transcoded it through WMM. Good quality for using two programs and two encodings, though. Good job on that.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 16:05:32

At 7/29/09 03:38 PM, KrevZabijak wrote:
At 7/29/09 03:15 PM, KingExodus wrote: You can do it in windows movie maker.
Oh, sorry. I just saw Hypercam, didn't know you did Hypercam, then transcoded it through WMM. Good quality for using two programs and two encodings, though. Good job on that.

I try my best and remember it's not for me but for all the viewers and medal whores.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 17:31:29

Lastman and When Pigs fly can rot to hell. PiGPEN is the one who started (on purpose) thehard/impossible/shitty games with medals streak. Now another one is here to compete with it. I wouldn't be surprised if now other users with medal access is going to make impossible shitty games just to be with the crowd of douchebags. And they will stay all because 1. They are big names, and 2. The people who care less about medals vote them a 5 to piss us who are devoted to medals off. Way to go Newgrounds you literally ruined what used to be a fun part of Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 17:49:16

At 7/29/09 05:31 PM, PikaRobo wrote: Lastman and When Pigs fly can rot to hell. PiGPEN is the one who started (on purpose) thehard/impossible/shitty games with medals streak. Now another one is here to compete with it. I wouldn't be surprised if now other users with medal access is going to make impossible shitty games just to be with the crowd of douchebags. And they will stay all because 1. They are big names, and 2. The people who care less about medals vote them a 5 to piss us who are devoted to medals off. Way to go Newgrounds you literally ruined what used to be a fun part of Newgrounds.

calm the hell down. there's still the possibility of that not happening.
besides, there's still EBF2 AND PO3 along the way...and i doubt they'll be impossible (i've already beaten EBF2 in normal mode. it's easy with a good pratice/strategy.)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 19:05:19

When Pigs Fly isn't that hard o.O

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 19:11:07

Man I havent posted here in ages lol. Had to do alotta reading to catch up with whats been goin on.

Anyways glad to finally have some more medal games to play, specially that When Pigs Fly game. Pretty fun game once you get the hang of it. Still tryin to do it under 4:00 though. Closest ive gotten is 6 min with i think a little over 30 crashes. Anyone got any tips?

And while im at it, anyone know what happened to the NG Rumble medals yet?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 19:32:09

At 7/29/09 07:11 PM, dragon07 wrote: And while im at it, anyone know what happened to the NG Rumble medals yet?

Last thing I read was they were working on "some third party stuff."

Don't know when it'll be back.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 19:46:15

At 7/29/09 08:13 AM, DigDogy wrote: Oh Heavytank, Heavytank, Heavytank. Are we accusing people again? Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it's impossible. I also got all the medals now, and before you go "ZOMG U BOTH CHEATED!!1", have a video:

Oh DigDogy, DigDogy, DigDogy, are we reading my posts wrong again?Are we accusing me of accusing again?
I never said anyone cheated, just merely asked if he exploited some kind of glitch.
Stop assuming that l accuse everyone of being a hacker just because l ask them how did they do it...
Krev would never cheat and l know that very well, it's just that it's really surprising that people get these medals on their first or second days of playing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL-JpjghT 8o

See? Not impossible.

It is impossible for me.

Oh yeah, a lot easier than Lastman in my opinion. Also easier than Drunken Deity.

Easier than DD?Yes.Easier than Lasman?I don't think so.

Also, l did a whole lot better than my first time, but beating the game without dying (and in under 4 minutes, which is pretty much the same thing) is a no-no for me right now.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 20:01:27

At 7/29/09 03:19 PM, Haggard wrote: The "Better than Jill" medal is broken. 1 hour and 9 minutes IS longer than twelve minutes. No doubt about that. Yet, I recieved the medal when I beat the game. I think it's because the code for the medal doesn't recognize the "one hour" and only sees the "9 minutes".

Wait, you mean that if l beat the game in 1 hour and 3 minutes....that's AWESOME!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 20:21:59

Okay, public service announcement. Unlike Jade, I don't have a penis.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 21:19:13

So I tried time trial and I couldn't believe my eyes....
My eyes hurt...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 21:23:04

At 7/29/09 09:19 PM, HeavyTank wrote: So I tried time trial and I couldn't believe my eyes....
My eyes hurt...

HACKER.

Kidding, grats.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 21:27:31

I knew you could do it mate!

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 22:56:38

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 23:05:23

JUNE 28, 2009. RIP BILLY MAYS. THE LEGEND, THE GOD, THE BILLY MAYS.

Current Medal Score 49220. Ranked:90th +12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 23:31:14

Newgrounds Rumble's medals are messed up with an old save. I beat the game a while ago, at least you don't have to beat it again.

I think you just have to enter a match to get the medals if you already beat it. I got mine by going into training.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-30 00:29:34

NG Rumble medals aren't working for me. And I would've had the wall street brawler one, too.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-30 00:38:03

Works for me. This is gonna take a while to collect all of them.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-30 00:48:06

Now they're working, but I got c-c-c-combo maker and wall street brawler, and neither are showing up.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-30 01:05:40

Strategy for anyone having trouble with Survival Horror.

What I did was take someone with decent health but not slow, I used Pico, and just jump up to the item spawn point and back down and repeated and I only went after your enemy when I had an item. The ai player can't seem to hit you too much when you do that.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-30 03:11:09

At 7/29/09 07:46 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Oh DigDogy, DigDogy, DigDogy, are we reading my posts wrong again?Are we accusing me of accusing again?
I never said anyone cheated, just merely asked if he exploited some kind of glitch.
Stop assuming that l accuse everyone of being a hacker just because l ask them how did they do it...
Krev would never cheat and l know that very well, it's just that it's really surprising that people get these medals on their first or second days of playing..

Oh really? That

Only a gaming god could beat this without dying.And l doubt that you are a gaming god, no offense.

sounds a lot like accusing her of not beating it the normal way. And every non-normal way to beat this is cheating. Thus, you accused her to cheat.

It is impossible for me.

So I heard you beat it not even two hours after your post. Very impossible, eh?

Way easier than Lastman. Lastman took me several days to complete, When Pigs Fly took me only a few hours. Did you get to the beetle in Lastman? No. Did you get all the Pigs medals? Yes. Point proven, I rest my case.

Now excuse me while I go and play Newgrounds Rumble.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-30 03:16:14

At 7/30/09 03:11 AM, DigDogy wrote:
Way easier than Lastman. Lastman took me several days to complete, When Pigs Fly took me only a few hours. Did you get to the beetle in Lastman? No. Did you get all the Pigs medals? Yes. Point proven, I rest my case.

I have to agree here, when pigs fly, much easier than either DD or Lastman. And DD was easier than Lastman if you ask me. I do only have one of the two medals.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-30 05:39:34

Hmm.. I can't seem to get to 100% completion. I unlocked everything, and I beat story with everyone. Do I have to play survivor with every character or something?

Also, I got 5000 ground gold, but didn't get that medal either. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

2012? Please! I have an extra life.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-30 06:00:04

At 7/30/09 05:39 AM, FaceNine wrote: Also, I got 5000 ground gold, but didn't get that medal either. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

there might be a few medals that currently dont work... its only just come back with medals so dont jump up and down just yet about the medals not working... im sure it was just a small glitch or problem with the system or code... im sure they will update it sooner or later :3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-30 06:27:40

At 7/30/09 06:17 AM, Sonik-Team wrote: ""Wall Street Brawler" - Earn 5000, THEN buy your unlockables. It's 5000 at one time. Not 5000 all-time."
Quoted from NegativeONE. I had a feeling that might be the case so I'm still saving up. May mean you need to start a new file?

That is exactly what I did, and I never got the medal pop-up.

2012? Please! I have an extra life.

BBS Signature