00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BigChikn just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,637,959 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 15:01:44

At 6/4/09 02:58 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Yea I wouldn't try to figure out what those say. The concept of the game was interesting. Pretty easy medals. One run to get the first four, then second run to get the last one....

Does it really need a walkthrough??

Well, l am playing it right now, doesen't seem too hard to me...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 15:05:38

At 6/4/09 02:58 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:

I swear if I see someone come in here saying that game needs a walkthrough, I swear I'll start breaking shit near me.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 15:11:26

At 6/4/09 03:05 PM, FurryFox wrote:
I swear if I see someone come in here saying that game needs a walkthrough, I swear I'll start breaking shit near me.

Well, you just need to concentrate when you're arriving at the end....on my first playthrough l only got 1 medal but l'm pretty sure l read all the signs and got all tha coins...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 15:11:36

At 6/4/09 03:05 PM, FurryFox wrote:

I agree it doesn´t really need one, but I wrote a short medal guide anyway. Did my best to count the number of signs, enemies and coins, but it got really diffecult near the end. So apologies if the numbers are off by one or two.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 15:13:07

No one has no idea how unbelievably pissed I am. I got all five medals for Pilgrimage in one playthrough, and they didn't register. It's actually a pretty fun game, but it got annoying by the time everything was 8-bit.

sigless...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 15:27:08

Just a question: do you have to wait for the messages to be fully visible or you can just walk past them?
Because if this is the case then l know what l'm doing wrong...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 15:28:26

At 6/4/09 03:27 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Just a question: do you have to wait for the messages to be fully visible or you can just walk past them?

You can simply walk past them. But there is one near the very end that is extremely hard to see. Just walk and jump around a bit there and you´ll get it.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 15:29:20

At 6/4/09 03:27 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Just a question: do you have to wait for the messages to be fully visible or you can just walk past them?

I just walked right past them and I got the medal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 15:34:23

I figured out what it says in my image above:
"He's never going home."

Awww. Sad.
Then it's "Forget real life," "Abstract = Cool," "Pretty vague, huh?" right before You Win The Game.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 15:36:04

At 6/4/09 03:28 PM, Auz wrote:
You can simply walk past them. But there is one near the very end that is extremely hard to see. Just walk and jump around a bit there and you´ll get it.

TRICK: when you get the medals you can go back and check again if you are missing some to avoid replaying the game...l got the "all signs" one, but l wanted the "all coins", so l got back and ran into the missing coin and the game gave me the medal!
Now the only medal l have to get is also the easiest, kill all the enemies.
At least l can see them clearly even in 8-bit mode.
Quite a fun game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 15:43:27

At 6/4/09 03:13 PM, ThePathFinder wrote: No one has no idea how unbelievably pissed I am. I got all five medals for Pilgrimage in one playthrough, and they didn't register. It's actually a pretty fun game, but it got annoying by the time everything was 8-bit.

Shut the hell up. You haven't gotten truly pissed until you play a game like Sonny 2 or EBF for hours on end to get a medal then it freezes on your ass, your computer crashes or the damn medal doesn't work.
This game takes like 3 minutes.

At 6/4/09 03:34 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: I figured out what it says in my image above:
"He's never going home."

Awww. Sad.
Then it's "Forget real life," "Abstract = Cool," "Pretty vague, huh?" right before You Win The Game.

How the hell did you figure that out? Did you ask Glaeil-Gamer himself lol?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 15:49:18

At 6/4/09 03:43 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
Shut the hell up. You haven't gotten truly pissed until you play a game like Sonny 2 or EBF for hours on end to get a medal then it freezes on your ass, your computer crashes or the damn medal doesn't work.

Lol yeah seriously it ain't a big deal, it a very easy game and you should know that you mustn't play a medal game as soon as it is released because you will probably have some problems getting the medals...

At 6/4/09 03:34 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: I figured out what it says in my image above:
"He's never going home."

Awww. Sad.
How the hell did you figure that out? Did you ask Glaeil-Gamer himself lol?

Lol, maybe you can see them all in some place without the pixelation...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 16:01:38

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 16:23:31

At 6/4/09 04:01 PM, greeneggs4spam wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/32 8786
didn't see this posted

Wow that's an old game. I used to love playing it.

Awesomeness.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 16:23:42

At 6/4/09 04:01 PM, greeneggs4spam wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/32 8786
didn't see this posted

Something is wrong with that game. I was on level 4 then it starts glitching and goes to level 2 and keeps repeating act 2 over and over again.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 16:31:59

At 6/4/09 04:23 PM, FurryFox wrote:
didn't see this posted
Something is wrong with that game. I was on level 4 then it starts glitching and goes to level 2 and keeps repeating act 2 over and over again.

same thing happened to me. use windowchecker as the password to get to act 4. it prevents the last coupld of medals though :(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 16:42:06

It's working for me, all the way on Act 8 now.

Boycoot is for seven (or eight?) if you want to skip the glitch.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 16:46:06

Oh okay, thank you universe, for the irony.

I hit the glitch after 8, Slick Kid medal is as far as I can go.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 16:54:26

The glitch is unavoidable. I got it during level 2, level 6, level 8, and just after level 8. I can't win.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 17:08:56

I just beat the game with no glitches. I played it in a pop-up window under classic mode, not sure if that's why. There's also tons of walkthroughs for this game; e.g. http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/5390 69 and some on you-tube also. I don't think it will be that hard to get the perfect medal, especially now that I did it once already and know what works.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 17:10:02

At 6/4/09 04:54 PM, Ninjuku wrote: The glitch is unavoidable. I got it during level 2, level 6, level 8, and just after level 8. I can't win.

I got it level 2, then skipped to act 4 with password and managed to finish the game without other glitches.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 17:16:14

I just tried to start a new game to get the pervert (anybody know what to do?) and perfectionist medals and got the glitch on level 4 now. Really weird.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 17:16:30

At 6/4/09 05:08 PM, greeneggs4spam wrote: I just beat the game with no glitches. I played it in a pop-up window under classic mode, not sure if that's why. There's also tons of walkthroughs for this game; e.g. http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/5390 69 and some on you-tube also. I don't think it will be that hard to get the perfect medal, especially now that I did it once already and know what works.

No, I did the same thing and it glitched.

===============Classroom 3 important note===================
But now stop whining guys, the author is aware of the glitches and he is working on it!! Says so in his author comments!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 17:21:02

Just figured out the pervert medal from looking at spiffy's medal page. You just stand next to and maybe a click by the girl that sort of looks like a trash can on the bottom left of the 3rd act.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 17:49:43

The author just pm'd me back saying the glitch was fixed!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 17:57:04

At 6/4/09 03:43 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 6/4/09 03:13 PM, ThePathFinder wrote: No one has no idea how unbelievably pissed I am. I got all five medals for Pilgrimage in one playthrough, and they didn't register. It's actually a pretty fun game, but it got annoying by the time everything was 8-bit.

True, true, but I haven't really attempted Sonny or EBF until I really have a good day to waste, and getting all the medals in a game on your first playthrough is a feat in anyone's book.

sigless...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 18:09:57

At 6/4/09 05:57 PM, ThePathFinder wrote:
True, true, but I haven't really attempted Sonny or EBF until I really have a good day to waste, and getting all the medals in a game on your first playthrough is a feat in anyone's book.

OK, well yea, you'll realize how frustrating games can be once you start playing those lol.

On another note, I took the walkthrough that was linked to by greeneggs4spam and put it in my news post, after reviewing it, I have been making some useful changes to it. If you have any changes to that walkthrough let me know on there.

News post of walkthrough

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 19:19:57

Well I just beat the game without getting caught and I didn't get a medal. Seems to be broken.

JUNE 28, 2009. RIP BILLY MAYS. THE LEGEND, THE GOD, THE BILLY MAYS.

Current Medal Score 49220. Ranked:90th +12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 20:19:26

At 6/4/09 07:19 PM, SevasTra wrote: Well I just beat the game without getting caught and I didn't get a medal. Seems to be broken.

worked fine for me, did you use a password?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-04 20:27:12

At 6/4/09 08:19 PM, greeneggs4spam wrote:
At 6/4/09 07:19 PM, SevasTra wrote: Well I just beat the game without getting caught and I didn't get a medal. Seems to be broken.
worked fine for me, did you use a password?

No passwords. I did get the pervert medal doing it maybe that glitched something. I've tried two times to do it again and now I can't fucking do it...sigh

JUNE 28, 2009. RIP BILLY MAYS. THE LEGEND, THE GOD, THE BILLY MAYS.

Current Medal Score 49220. Ranked:90th +12

BBS Signature