00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

emoloser21 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,661,642 Views | 29,811 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 16:04:41

At 5/21/09 04:03 PM, gdfsgdfg wrote: and how do i unlock the legend

it's that beat the mayor on the first try without any training medal basically.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 16:24:01

At 5/21/09 02:02 PM, SevasTra wrote:
At 5/21/09 11:47 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 5/21/09 11:41 AM, Radioactive24 wrote: That's actually really gay.
That's actually really cool. Because as I've said earlier: You can't be literate and iliterate at the same time!

And it also shows that users shouldn't play game for medals but for the game itself.
I find giving the user a choice of a medal is cool, a bit if personalization to the medal system. Although the one shot at a medal is gay and the if you don't get either you don't get one is gay.

I agree with you on the last point. It's crappy that if you click away the tutorial after 5 and before 12 seconds you don't get either medal and you blew your chances on getting one for all time.

The idea behind those two medals is still cool in my opinion.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 16:25:08

No i mean the first Baron in the prison not the one that goes scratchy bitch all the time.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 17:00:52

Does anyone know where I can find a sonny 2 challenging biological walkthrough?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 17:00:58

I skimmed the last few pages and I did not see that anyone posted this one:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/49 6147#

Could I be the first to find a new medal? I hope so!

Wi/Ht Member #50 | Top 500 XP | Top 80 B/P! | Top 45 Protector | Top 125 VP

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 17:02:06

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 17:06:41

That game didn't deserve to have a medal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 17:10:18

At 5/21/09 05:00 PM, zimzap wrote: I skimmed the last few pages and I did not see that anyone posted this one:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/49 6147#

Could I be the first to find a new medal? I hope so!

Correctamundo. The person below you just lost out.
I like this interactive thing. I remember the author asking about the trig bit (he was a little drunk, apparantly), but he pulled the whole thing off very well. I really liked the effect with the sky colour changing based on the height of the sun.

For 5 points, that was quite nice.
Also, swimteam, if you're going to complain, at least state WHY it shouldn't have medals. I think it is a simple but comedic interactive movie, and very fun for what it is.

Hee, look at 'em burn.

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 17:12:41

At 5/21/09 05:06 PM, swimteam09 wrote: That game didn't deserve to have a medal.

Who cares?
I just increase my medal completion percentage

Yes, I am a statwhore

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 17:14:08

Yeah, sorry, I don't know why I got angry, it was just a little to short for my liking, but now that I think about it, I found the ending funny. XD

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 17:21:33

At 5/21/09 05:14 PM, swimteam09 wrote: Yeah, sorry, I don't know why I got angry, it was just a little to short for my liking, but now that I think about it, I found the ending funny. XD

It's not like it was worth 100 points lol. That would've made me angry. I think 5 is perfect for this kind of achievement.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 17:48:34

I'm gonna go ahead and say the medal for It's a Nice Day Today is the most awesome one ever. Bar none. The mecha dress-up one concerns me though, since the medals are for making specific robots I've never heard of before. I'll have to dig in to that one another time.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 18:09:06

YAY I JUST GOT EPIC!!!!!
It's going to be a memorable day LegolaSS a memorable day for us indeed.
I did this to test how hard epic would be before I beat Hard and then I got so into it.
As soon as you now it I raped Goku with mea Catastrophe suprise but suicided the hawtness.
Anyways another 100 point for me.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 18:42:19

At 5/21/09 06:31 PM, Gooch wrote: Has anybody got the medal on Seed of Destruction getting 100 points on the Pancake Factory mini-game? The best I've gotten on that was 81. It seems like you don't get any buildup from the civilians till the very end.

Yah apparently life has, but he hasn't been on here since he got it so I'm guessing he is busy with Sonny 2 or he doesn't want to get bombarded with how did he got it in here. I just don see how you can get it aside from cheating, not saying life did I would never believe he would, just like how gfdsdlfg or what ever the asshole hackers name is.

JUNE 28, 2009. RIP BILLY MAYS. THE LEGEND, THE GOD, THE BILLY MAYS.

Current Medal Score 49220. Ranked:90th +12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 18:52:32

Ppl! In Sonny 2... How the hell is it possible to defeat Doctor Krin (I think that's his name... I mean the first enemy in zone 7.) Well, he's got a 2000000 fuckin HP! Anyone managed to do that?

Trying to release a flash movie since 2009 :D

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 19:14:27

He has a spell he uses to heal himself when he gets too low. You have a spell that swaps healing for damage. Knowing that, it's all about timing.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 19:57:02

At 5/21/09 07:15 PM, Alex12345269 wrote:
At 5/21/09 07:14 PM, chris-marks wrote: He has a spell he uses to heal himself when he gets too low. You have a spell that swaps healing for damage. Knowing that, it's all about timing.
Is there any kind of spell like that for a psychological character? I'm stuck on the baron...

Use maxed Haunt first turn, then use maxed Traumatize, then Storm (for your focus) then Traumatize. That should get him to 0 focus, causing him to take some hurt. Rinse and repeat, using the occasional Shock Therapy. If you max Charged Blood then it does a pretty nice amount of damage, especially when Holy Scars comes into effect.

One of the easier bosses in the game with that strat. Now, if I could only figure out how to tackle Gregor the Healing Cockroach with my Biological Sonny on Challenging. Grr. I use subversion on him and nothing happens. Seriously bugging me.

Don't make fun of us because we look like eggs!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 20:18:36

nvm, squashed him with Disrupt

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 20:44:56

At 5/21/09 12:52 PM, Fleshlight wrote:
1 leading strike, 2 disrupt, 3 reform, 2 crystallize. Don't attack the hydras at all. Let your teammates do it and keep their hp up. Make sure they only attack, because healing would just waste a turn when you could do it yourself. Crystallize the hydra and one of the claws so your team focuses on just one claw at a time and won't be barraged with attacks. Use leading strike on a crystallized enemy to gain back your focus, and keep yourself from doing damage.

When you get to the hydra, constanly use disrupt so it wastes a few turns charging itself back up. If you get into a tight situation, crystallize it and heal everyone and wait for your abilities to recharge.

You're a genius. Or you quoted a genius. Either way, thanks thissssssssssss much (raises arms quite widely.)

(This thing is telling me to delete the quoted part that's irrelevant, but this whole thing is relevant, so if I just type a lot it'll hopefully go away.)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 21:27:38

Could someone with all the medals from the SF collab post a full walkthrough on here? I'll post what I got.

Bloodshot-Easiest one. Just watch the movie from beginning to end and don't skip anything!

Turtles-In JohnnyUtah's flash, click the turtle that's balancing on some corpse. That'll make it fall and you'll receive the medal.

Yodelay-hee-hoo-In Stamper's Flash, there's a guy with this huge bulge in his pants. Click that a bunch of times and you'll get the medal.

Ono Boners-In the one by Chakra-X, click all over whatsername's tits and ass until it shows that you got the medal.

That's all I got for now. If anyone else would like to add to the walkthrough, that would be awesome!

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 21:34:15

At 5/21/09 09:27 PM, ZagmenO wrote:
That's all I got for now. If anyone else would like to add to the walkthrough, that would be awesome!

been there done that, just go back some pages until you see the two guys who said they have a walkthrough on there profile, both work.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 21:38:33

At 5/21/09 09:27 PM, ZagmenO wrote: Could someone with all the medals from the SF collab post a full walkthrough on here? I'll post what I got.

Sanjay has a walkthrough i'm pretty sure.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 22:37:43

At 5/21/09 12:52 PM, Fleshlight wrote: At 5/21/09 09:19 AM, Kamikazetomato wrote:\
Anybody got any tips for how to beat up the big bad Hydra without doing more than 2000 damage (I know it's per turn, or so I've thought, but either way it seems impossible for me.)
1 leading strike, 2 disrupt, 3 reform, 2 crystallize. Don't attack the hydras at all. Let your teammates do it and keep their hp up. Make sure they only attack, because healing would just waste a turn when you could do it yourself. Crystallize the hydra and one of the claws so your team focuses on just one claw at a time and won't be barraged with attacks. Use leading strike on a crystallized enemy to gain back your focus, and keep yourself from doing damage.

When you get to the hydra, constanly use disrupt so it wastes a few turns charging itself back up. If you get into a tight situation, crystallize it and heal everyone and wait for your abilities to recharge.

I got the medal on challenging mode, because it was taking way too long in heroic.

Actually I think it refures you the damage YOU and you alone do, because I tried that strat, but didn't get it, So I tried again with one modification, don't attack EVER, I even crystallize myself once, then I got it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 22:53:52

At 5/21/09 07:15 PM, Alex12345269 wrote:
At 5/21/09 07:14 PM, chris-marks wrote: He has a spell he uses to heal himself when he gets too low. You have a spell that swaps healing for damage. Knowing that, it's all about timing.
Is there any kind of spell like that for a psychological character? I'm stuck on the baron...

Retrograde.
It can be accessed after putting one level point on the 'Betrayal', 'Schadenfreude', and 'Free Will' spells. The first level only lets you use it on allies (or self), and upgrading it again lets you use it on anyone.

Though you should stun him before the healing mark in order to damage him more so the Retrograde/Subversion doesn't reverse the attempted damage.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-21 23:49:11

Actually I think it refures you the damage YOU and you alone do, because I tried that strat, but didn't get it, So I tried again with one modification, don't attack EVER, I even crystallize myself once, then I got it.

I don't see what you did that was different from my little tutorial. If you're referring to the attack a crystallized enemy to gain focus, then you're probably doing something wrong or you weren't playing on challenging or heroic mode. As long as you see "shielded" you won't do any damage

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 00:01:23

Sperm Rider: I tried killing nobody to get the Pancake medal, in case it was a tricksy thing like that. It wasn't. Also got as high as 80, once, but no further.

I think it may have something to do with not having to go all the way around when you do a tail whip; go far enough to kill people, then return the way you came, and I'll bet it shaves some frames off. Do it enough, you may get a couple extra spins in your game. This is all theory though; I haven't had a chance to really try it yet.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 00:12:48

At 5/22/09 12:01 AM, chris-marks wrote: Sperm Rider: I tried killing nobody to get the Pancake medal, in case it was a tricksy thing like that. It wasn't. Also got as high as 80, once, but no further.

I think it may have something to do with not having to go all the way around when you do a tail whip; go far enough to kill people, then return the way you came, and I'll bet it shaves some frames off. Do it enough, you may get a couple extra spins in your game. This is all theory though; I haven't had a chance to really try it yet.

when I start, I usually go straight up until I'm forced back down, and I find more people to kill like that. Wastes some time though

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 01:13:53

At 5/22/09 12:12 AM, Fleshlight wrote:

Hey, why don't you write down all Sonny 2 tacitcs posted here so that we don't have to ask the same question 3 times...
As far as l know there are 2 tactics..1 with psycho for extreme damage (and to defeat bosses without training) and your tactic for the hydra.
Now we miss a corruptor tactic.
I will probably start gettting those medals today or during the weekend..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 01:33:12

Medal Help for Sonny 2 (WIP)

The Tape

Impossible to miss if you play through the game. But if you're lazy, just start a new game and immediately go back after pressing the 'start a new game button', I've found out accidentally that this gives you the medal (at least in the game screen, I already had it by the time I found this out so it may not apply to actual medal points.)

---------------------

Black Magic

2 in Traumatize
2 in Free Will
2 in Retrograde
1 in Overdrive (VITAL)
4 in Shock Therapy
1 in Electric Storm
1 in Wraith
5 in Charged Blood
Rest in prereqs (so I was level 16, I know, training whore, but this is for tough achievements. Plus, I did this on Challenging, NOT HEROIC.)

Put every last stinking point into Instinct

---------

Okay, so my wheel was

-Wraith
-Therapy
-Therapy
-Storm
-Retrograde
-Trauma
-Trauma
-Free Will

And my strat was to traumatize him into oblivion for the first four rounds (that is, Traumatize, wait, traumatize.) The buff he gives you switches damage with healing (though I think shadow damage gets by given he still hurts you.) Thanks to this, the damage you constantly get from Overdrive actually heals you. Plus you get all the perks.. So I Truamatize, Storm (just for focus, kinda useless but damage is damage), Traumatize again when he gets up, Wraith, therapy, therapy, storm.

From there you've really gotta play it by ear. Use Free Will whenever you don't have the buff he gives you for extra protection/healing (and no, Free Will doesn't get rid of the buff.)

The tricky part is knowing when to Retrograde, because a moment too soon and it's all but useless. I got it on the first try, but that was certainly luck.

--------------------
Pacifist

From Fleshlight:

----------------------
Another point I'd like to add to Fleshlight's amazing guide is that extra points should be put into:

Maxing Integrity, for focus help
Maxing Endurance and Evolution (Endurance takes priority) for Life boost
Equip Sonny with anything that boosts Vitality the most, and pump his stats to only go for vitality.

This is because Reform, the only skill you'll be using that's affected by a stat (besides Leading Strike, which should only be used when it causes no damage anyway) is entirely based on how much Life you have. Thus, by maxing vitality (which gives life) Endurance (huge life boost) and Evolution (boosts to all, including life) Sonny will be healing his allies like Jesus. Plus, as an added bonus, he's pretty much invincible due to his gigantic life supply.

Hydra's challenge is MUCH easier than Clemons, to the point where it's practically impossible to fail if you follow Fleshlight's guide, but it takes a while, so bring something to read.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 01:58:43

At 5/21/09 11:49 PM, Fleshlight wrote:
I don't see what you did that was different from my little tutorial. If you're referring to the attack a crystallized enemy to gain focus, then you're probably doing something wrong or you weren't playing on challenging or heroic mode. As long as you see "shielded" you won't do any damage

No, I was talking about when your up against the hydra alone. One of my problem was I forgot you could skip turns (just remember you could do that), so the fist time I would leading strike the uncrystallize hydra, the second time I did crazy thing when I couldn't do any thing else (heal full health team mate and crystallize myself for example).