00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

1LTLos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best and worst Nintendo Console?

4,107 Views | 56 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 09:23:37

Here you can discuss your favorite and least favorite Nintendo console, (Also handhelds don't count).

For me it would be the NES because it was the best Nintendo console, (and there most sucessful).

My least favorite would have to be the Gamecube, because it had the worst Mario game, (Super Mario Sunshine), and it was designed for kids.

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 10:01:25

At 2/9/09 09:23 AM, Ninsega091 wrote: Here you can discuss your favorite and least favorite Nintendo console, (Also handhelds don't count).

Fuck you handhelds are awesome.

For me it would be the NES because it was the best Nintendo console, (and there most sucessful).

Fisrt it's spelled "THEIR" then yes it lauched them but I think the wii might be more successfull now.

My least favorite would have to be the Gamecube, because it had the worst Mario game, (Super Mario Sunshine), and it was designed for kids.

Sunshine isnt the worst mario game and it was still good anyway, it's highly underrated. Also it wasnt designed for kids and it had 2 of the most awesome games ever, Metroid Prime 1 and 2.

So for me the worse would be the virtual boy of course.

The best one... I cannot decide between N64 and Gamecube.

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 11:06:17

At 2/9/09 10:01 AM, VenomKing666 wrote:
At 2/9/09 09:23 AM, Ninsega091 wrote: For me it would be the NES because it was the best Nintendo console, (and there most sucessful).
Fisrt it's spelled "THEIR" then yes it lauched them but I think the wii might be more successfull now.

Ah sweet irony...

And for me, the best one is the SNES.
Worst is, without a doubt, Vitual Boy.

PSN Id: Kenzuke

This is my signature. Boring, right?

Check out my blog

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 11:45:03

At 2/9/09 11:06 AM, Panzerknacker wrote:
At 2/9/09 10:01 AM, VenomKing666 wrote:
At 2/9/09 09:23 AM, Ninsega091 wrote: For me it would be the NES because it was the best Nintendo console, (and there most sucessful).
Ah sweet irony...

A typo and a grammatical error is not the same thing.

Worst is, without a doubt, Vitual Boy.

This is a no brainer seriously.

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 13:33:25

At 2/9/09 11:45 AM, VenomKing666 wrote: A typo and a grammatical error is not the same thing.

Yet it is always sweet to correct someone correcting someone else, makes you feel smug and evil.

PSN Id: Kenzuke

This is my signature. Boring, right?

Check out my blog

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 13:38:06

At 2/9/09 01:33 PM, Panzerknacker wrote:
At 2/9/09 11:45 AM, VenomKing666 wrote: A typo and a grammatical error is not the same thing.
Yet it is always sweet to correct someone correcting someone else, makes you feel smug and evil.

Oh you little devil.

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 13:39:48

Gamecube was an unappreciated gem!

my 3rd every photoshop below

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 15:01:57

At 2/9/09 10:01 AM, VenomKing666 wrote: The best one... I cannot decide between N64 and Gamecube.

Wow...

You're right.

Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Wind Waker, Super Smash Bros Melee, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Pikmin 2, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart Double Dash, Kirby Air Ride and Luigi's Mansion.

VS

Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Jet Force Gemini, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Party games that don't suck...

I personally choose N64 maily for Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time.

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 15:04:07

My best is the SNES because I grew up with it and I still have it in a box under my bed. :3

The worst was the Gamecube because it was marketed for kids and families. >:C

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 15:43:42

Worst: Virtual Boy

Best: SNES

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 15:49:27

BEST: Nintendo 64

Brilliant controller, great games, console never fucked up on me once.

WORST: Wii

OK system let down by the lack of good games.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 15:51:30

The best is the Wii because it can download games from all systems and do many other things.

The worst is the Virtual boy because its a load of shit.

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 17:30:38

Best: Probably the N64, it introduced me to 3D gaming, and had an outstanding number of great titles, though pretty much all the good ones were first or second party. Nevertheless, it was great- also it introduced the world to the Analogue stick.

Worst: No doubt the Virtual Boy. Strained eyesight, headaches and possible permanent damage were no trade for the possibility of 3D-ish games...

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 18:05:41

I think the best were Gameboy SP and the Gamecube. Saddly, I think the Wii is the worst.

|---(\ /)-----| ....BuNnY.....!S.....m@d.....

|-<(^.^)>----|

|---+OO----|

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 19:49:47

BEST: SNES OR 64
WORST: Virtual Boy (However, I never played it so I can't say it was my least favorite)

At 2/9/09 07:37 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Goddamn, you people are retarded. Seriously, why would ANYONE say the Wii is the worst?!

The Virtual Boy lasted 6 months, had only the colors red and black, had the absolute WEIRDEST console shape ever, making it hard to play and not making it portable, had only like 7 games for it, all shit except for Wario Land, and above all it caused vision disorder and headaches, requiring you to take breaks every 15-minutes or so.

Okay, just calm down...Take it easy...

This thread is asking us for our OPINIONS. Yes, those things none of you care about. We don't want your knowledge of video games.

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 19:50:45

Just like a bunch of people said, I believe that the SNES is the best console, since it popularized the gaming industry and had lots of entertaining classics.

The worst, like everyone said, was the Virtual Boy, since it caused headaches and looked like a plastic pile of junk.

Ezekiel 25:69

: "He masturbated with great vengence and furious anger, striking those who

: attempted to poison and destroy his unit..."

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 21:41:21

I can't decde between gamecube and N64.

N64 was the first console that was completely mine ( nes, dreamcast and such belonged to my brother )

but the N64 was completely mine, I loved that thing. When I first got it with a copy of Mario Kart, I played it nonstop. OoT, SSB, StarFox 64, and Rampage World Tour added to my addoration for the thing.

Then I praised the gamecube when I got it, I got Sonic adventure 2 with it and, since I played Sonic's old games as far as I could remember, he was my favorite game character.

SSBM and other games made me go crazy for for the gamecube, and I soon forgot about my old N64.
However, nowdays I still remember that thing and all the fun I had with it.

I think I will side with the gamecube here, since I had it since it came out pretty much. Most of my games were for it, and it does have collections of the N64 games and before its time.
I still actually play my gamecube, as to my N64 that is gathering dust in my attic ( damn, gotta dig that thing up )

as for my least favorite console, lets face it, everyone knows its the eye straining, ugly, bulky, uncomfertable, red coded, fuck up that is known as the virtual boy.

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 21:43:59

Best is hands-down Super Nintendo.

Worst is, say it with me now everybody, the virtual boy!

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 21:57:04

Best: N64

Worst: I haven't played a Nintendo console I didn't like.

Well.

Shit.

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 22:12:59

ZOMG I LIEK WII IM A FANBOYYYY

I LIKE FOOD

<insert cock joke here>

<insert I fuck picture here>

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 22:15:47

I personally like the N64. It's games was the best, in my opinion. But SNES, was a classic indeed. There both tied I guess, memories in both systems.

Lives underwater

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 22:52:23

At 2/9/09 01:39 PM, ijustfudgedyourmama wrote: Gamecube was an unappreciated gem!

I believe that has already been established. And so:
Worst: Virtual Boy

</thread> Can I go home now?

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 23:01:07

At 2/9/09 10:15 PM, Funkybob2 wrote:
To the OP: Super Mario Sunshine kicked ass, and I think it's every bit as good as Super Mario 64.

The Escapist thinks that Super Mario Sunshine is better then Super Mario 64 in every way. Then same goes for Wind Waker to Ocarina of Time.

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 23:10:23

At 2/9/09 11:45 AM, VenomKing666 wrote:
A typo and a grammatical error is not the same thing.

*ARE

Shut the fuck up, you dirty little hypocrite.

Best Nintendo console: N64.

Well, since it was the last Nintendo console to have quality games.

Worst Nintendo console: Wii.

HUR DUR HUR LET'S MAKE PEOPLE THINK WAGGING A VIBRATOR AROUND IS FUN. ALSO, FUCK THE HARDCORE GAMERS, THEY'LL BUY OUR SHIT NO MATTER WHAT-Nintendo

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-09 23:12:37

At 2/9/09 11:10 PM, TehreTard wrote: HUR DUR HUR LET'S MAKE PEOPLE THINK WAGGING A VIBRATOR AROUND IS FUN. ALSO, FUCK THE HARDCORE GAMERS, THEY'LL BUY OUR SHIT NO MATTER WHAT-Nintendo

You made out with a fat nasty chick on cam. You should never talk. Ever.

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-10 02:49:10

At 2/9/09 11:10 PM, TehreTard wrote: ALSO, FUCK THE HARDCORE GAMERS, THEY'LL BUY OUR SHIT NO MATTER WHAT-Nintendo

considering how badly "hardcore gamers" treated Nintendo during the N64 and Gamecube years I can't really blame them for doing this.

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-10 07:04:03

At 2/10/09 03:04 AM, Aci6 wrote

I'm not saying it's for kids primarily,

Yes you are

Proud Scotsman | PSN: Trystlions | Typing Useless Posts Since 2008

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-10 07:15:20

the best: n64 :D

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-10 07:21:44

At 2/10/09 03:04 AM, Aci6 wrote:
At 2/10/09 02:49 AM, MAYORMCHEESE wrote:
At 2/9/09 11:10 PM, TehreTard wrote: ALSO, FUCK THE HARDCORE GAMERS, THEY'LL BUY OUR SHIT NO MATTER WHAT-Nintendo
considering how badly "hardcore gamers" treated Nintendo during the N64 and Gamecube years I can't really blame them for doing this.
Nintendo are not and never will be a hardcore gaming company. I'm not saying it's for kids primarily, I just see it fit because its not as if any blood thirsty hardcore FPS comes out on Wii or any Nintendo consoles except some minority niche market ones.

Hey, I'm considered a hardcore gamer. Yet I play games from every genre, and console. (Except ps3 i hate sony) Personally I have to say Nintendo has some games I love, as compared to games I like on my 360. Mario, Zelda, and Harvest Moon FTW!

Well.

Shit.

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-10 10:51:42

I know everyone here is saying the virtual boy is the worst Nintendo console ever, but have any of you actually owned or tried a virtual boy? I mean its one thing to hear reviews about it, its another to actually have played the games.

I owned a virtual boy, it wasnt that bad of a console, but I did have a lot of gripes about it. It wasted like 8 AA batteries, and was impossible to get in a comfortable position.

Worst: Wii (it is worse than the virtual boy)