00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Callipsio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best and worst Nintendo Console?

4,108 Views | 56 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-10 20:22:23

At 2/10/09 04:21 PM, SilverTheHedgehog wrote: OK, I know the Wii might not be that good. But, worse than Virtual Boy? Was that supposed to be a joke?

nope, there a numerous reasons why I think the wii is the worst.

1. There are not many good games for the wii

sure there are classics such as no more heroes or smash bros, but for the most part, almost all the games are really really shitty. They are designed so that they can make the most money with the least amount of time.

2. Internet connectivity

In today's market, every console should have a decent online set up. The wii does not. Nintendo is so paranoid about internet stalkers, they don't allow you to see other people's names. On top of that, the online gaming has terrible lag, and often fails every match. Mario kart wii fixed some of the problems, but still didn't feel like a good online experience.

3. Nintendo's market

Its very obvious that Nintendo really doesnt care about its core market anymore, no one can say that they do. Why care about the people who bought their old consoles? they are the minority, and listening to them would cost a lot comparatively. Its for this reason that most of the games released for the console are sold towards middle aged parents, and kids. I'm not sure how many of you old school gamers feel betrayed by Nintendo, but I really do.

4. Exercise?

Who actually thinks that this console would be good for exercise? Stupid people that's who. almost everyone who uses a wii sits on a couch while playing.

5 peripherals

There are way too many, the wii is basically a money drainer. First you buy the controllers, 4 of them, then you have to buy the num-chucks. Nintendo has already released the wii zapper (complete waste of money) and the balance board (more waste of money). Very soon they are releasing new sensors for the controllers, which will cost even more. I'm not including the 3rd party peripherals, and this list is quite expensive already >.>

As for the virtual boy being better?

1. Not that bad of games

sure the games would give you a head ache, but that was after about 40 mins of play for me. I got to play mario tennis (not a great game, but was fun), wario land (awesome game) and quite a few others. They really werent that bad, and the controls were pretty responsive

2. Controllers were quite nice

though there was a huge box in the middle for batteries, the controllers were quite comfy, and were really responsive to the gameplay

Though it doesn't seem like there is much going for the virtual boy, it all really boils down to how much you loved the console. The Wii disgusts me because it shows how little nintendo really cares about its fans after all these years.

I only play my Wii for two reasons, Megaman 9 (downloadable on any console) and smashbros against friends (With gamecube controllers)

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-10 21:55:06

At 2/10/09 03:04 AM, Aci6 wrote:
Nintendo are not and never will be a hardcore gaming company.

I should have rephrased that to their "hardcore fans".

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-11 08:08:08

At 2/9/09 09:23 AM, Ninsega091 wrote: Here you can discuss your favorite and least favorite Nintendo console, (Also handhelds don't count).

Then why don't you explain to everyone what a Portable console is supposed to be?

Anyways...

I can't decide; Wii or Gamecube?

Wii because; well, you will eventiually be able to play nearly any [Nintendo] release in the near future! (Give about 3 years for the goods to pop-up!)

and...

Gamecube + Game Boy Player = BFGB/Best, Freakin, Game Boy, EVER! (It lacks the fun that the Super 'Game Boy II' had, but none-the-less.)

The Worst, however; The Virtual Boy.
The Games may have been great, but the thing was just so terribly made. IIt had a friggin' Tripod!
Telero Boxer and Warioland were pretty neat.

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-11 08:20:26

SNES, greatest console of all time.

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-11 14:07:10

At 2/9/09 11:08 PM, Aci6 wrote:
At 2/9/09 07:37 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Goddamn, you people are retarded. Seriously, why would ANYONE say the Wii is the worst?!
Its a matter of opinion. However, it seems unfair to say its the worse because of someone's preference when the Visual Boy actually failed whereas the Wii is succeeding.

You two are making plenty of sense here! Your opinion won't change the condition of it's success, so keep your fanboyism to yourselves, and accept the fact that Failed consoles of the past are just that. Comparing the failure of the Virtual boy (to name one) to the Wii's success is in many ways, faggish and inaccurate.

You base how bad the Wii is because of either how much you hate it or because of what it doesn't have. Fuck you! No one cares about how much someone else hates any particular console!

I don't give a damn about DVD playback nor MP3s. That's defeating the purpose of why we even have computers, DVD Players and iPods! Fuck that shit! Get over it!Be mature about it!

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-11 14:13:00

To the people that say the Wii is the worst. It's about the games.

Virtual boy has ONE good game. Some Wario Land game that I can't remember the proper name of.

Wii has multiple good games. Like Mario Galaxy, Brawl, No More Heroes or Zack & Wiki.

The Wii has better games. So therefor Wii>Virtual Boy. You guys can't help but flame the Wii because of how poor the graphics are.

Also Virtual Boy was a health risk.

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-11 14:27:49

I would say the best is the SNES, really took the original Nintendo to the next level - graphically and functionality wise (controllers were awesome).

The worst would most likely go to the Virtual Boy. My friend actually got one and it was so amazingly bad.

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-11 17:50:50

the Virtual Boy was undoubtably the failure of the nintendo brand.

the real question here is what is the best nintendo system and according to a recent poll in Nintendo Power, the readers voted in the N64 with a landslide victory and i would have to agree with them.

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-11 18:33:21

Best- N64
Endless incredible games. Not much else to say. It is just too amazing to describe.

Worst- Wii

85% of games on the wii suck so hard that i cant even describe it. I don't know why the fuck people buy the wii over other consoles. I can't describe how much i hate my wii. Haven't even touched it since march when brawl came out.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-11 19:39:44

The Best would have to be the Super Nintendo because of it's excellent library of games and perfection of the 16-Bit graphics and Sounds.

The worst would have to be the Virtual Boy because it was just a dumb idea to begin with and it should have never been allowed to leave the drawing board.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-11 20:25:13

At 2/9/09 10:01 AM, VenomKing666 wrote:
At 2/9/09 09:23 AM, Ninsega091 wrote:
(and there most sucessful).
Fisrt it's spelled "THEIR"

No, its They're

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-11 21:51:29

First of all, don't be an ass and correct people's spelling if you can't even spell words as simple as first...dummy. Ok, second of all, Gamecubes were not designed towards kids. And Mario sunshine was awesome. Now, for my answer.
Wii is the best console. Period, nuff said. It is a combination of an awesome video game, all the awesome video games of the past (Super Mario RPG), and an orgasm in the TV.
I would say the Gamecube was the worst one because of the disappointment. They promised so much, then made you pay so much extra for it. 50 bucks for playing game boy games....omg.... But yeah, it was a disappointing console, but still pretty fun. I guess you can say its my least favorite. But the NES wasn't that great either....I did grow up on it....but compared to now, it's not amazing....just my opinion.

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-11 21:53:41

Ok, I forgot about the virtual boy, but then again, i cant say anything about it cuz ive never played it.

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-11 21:56:23

I've only ever owned a gamecube.. which sucked but i think the Wii is my least favourite.. it should be $20

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-11 22:17:18

At 2/9/09 01:39 PM, ijustfudgedyourmama wrote: Gamecube was an unappreciated gem!

I know, I spent some of my best years playing on the Gamecube. It could have been improved in some way though.

Fuck you.

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-11 23:34:58

Best... definitely the N64. I grew up with it, so I've got lots of memories on that baby. Plus it was the console that birthed Smash Bros.

Worst...? Virtual Boy, duh.

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-11 23:36:32

Best: N64

Worst: Wii

Wii is a piece of shit!!!

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-12 04:27:23

I think we can all agree that the Virtual Boy was a commercial failure, what's the 2ND worst Nintendo console?

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-12 09:05:11

The best I'm sure from Nintendo's point of view is the Wii, that thing is a revolution. Girlfriends, families, the cat, everyone is converting to the "casual gamers" crowd.

From my point of view, probably the SNES, they dominated the market back then too, and their consoles have slowly declined in my opinion. They are very much the family/casual gamer's system of choice.

Then you look at the impact that has on everyone else; when lower quality "easy" games that have low development costs rake in the profits by the bucket load, we're going to see a lot less "hard" games catered for true gamers.

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-12 10:01:26

My favorite console would have to probably be the game cube cuz it had the first super smash bros. game.

I really don't have a least favorite because i like all of their game consoles.

Join Now!

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-12 16:00:37

wii for both. it's so boring unless you have 3 friends over and the game library is just, bleah. then again, you can't argue with the sales.

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-12 18:09:33

The wii is a piece of shit IMO. I played it at my cousin's house and it was the so freaking boring. My cousin said that he might trade it in and get a 360. We just can't adapt to the controller design. I am sticking to played N64 and the SNES at my house.

Fuck you.

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-13 17:54:06

Well, I agree with most of the community on the thread for the worst sytem: the Virtual Boy, hands down.

As for best, it took me a minute to decide which I liked best...

I believe my final decision will have to be the Super Nintendo (at the time it came out)...

I mean c'mon.... Earthbound, Final Fantasy games, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Secret of Mana 1 & 2, Rock N' Roll Racing (one of my personal favorites), the Super Mario games, the Street Fighter games, Zelda Link to the Past?!

yeah, i'll definitely choose the Super Nintendo as the best console Nintendo ever made, with Nintendo 64 and Gamecube tied at a close second

Thanks to fahrenheit for the awesome sig :D

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-13 18:14:47

Nintendo are not and never will be a hardcore gaming company. I'm not saying it's for kids primarily, I just see it fit because its not as if any blood thirsty hardcore FPS comes out on Wii or any Nintendo consoles except some minority niche market ones.

FPS games are not hardcore they dont require you to think and are the most over bloated game genre in the industry.

also zelda Oot is a much harder game than any FPS ever made. why? two simple words WATER TEMPLE

Mario games are pretty hard too mario 64 didnt really tell you what to do so you had to actually think. alot actually did not make sense for example this one way you jump of an elvator collect a few normal coins a get a star.

my 3rd every photoshop below

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-13 18:16:40

Best: SNES
Worst: Wii

There is NO arguing there. Thread closed. The end.

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-13 18:42:22

i think it's the wii

THE G0D 0F WAR

BBS Signature

Response to Best and worst Nintendo Console? 2009-02-13 21:33:01

The top 3 Nintendo consoles are a very close run, but in my opinion it comes down to:

1) N64
2) SNES
3) NES

Last) Virtual Boy

...also, TL;DR.

BBS Signature