00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ykj03 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Storybook Project [Collab?]

45,111 Views | 469 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-16 15:17:44

Forgot to add, the story isn't exactly on there, as it's being written as a script to accomodate both artwork, sound effects and music.
I will however upload it somewhere AFTER the collab's is released, along with all the relevant documents and stuff.

Could give other people a few pointers and whatnot.

- The Run -- Cargo || The Run -- Drop - The Run is an episodic sci-fi story, click the image to go to the Main Page.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-16 21:18:34

At 1/16/09 01:19 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: WritersBlock:
Whirlguy is working on part 1 and Lochie has part 2 of the Chickadee story, correct?

Yes, that's correct. I'll have to get on their asses about getting their illustrations started.

At 1/15/09 08:55 PM, Jonas wrote: Hey kids, I draw things. One of you author types better hit me up before I'm all tuckered out from making sweet love to the world.

Take "The Firebird". It was written for this project and it's still waiting for an illustrator. :'(
Link on ReNaeNae's book list blog because I'm too lazy to link it myself right here...

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-17 00:19:56

At 1/16/09 01:19 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
If you see a story that you 'kind of' like... contact the author. Maybe they'll be willing to make some edits or compromises to get it done! And don't forget that there are people willing to write specific stories/styles... you just have to ask!!

I am willing to write specific stories/styles.... just reminding everyone! :)

I'm kinda a whore...

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-17 05:58:43

well, i'm wondering if i could join as an artist.. i'd like to. but there are some problems, like i don't really have an art program, (well, i have corel painter, but it lags.) so i can only use flash to draw, so i always have to take a pic of the drawing, and it doesn't really has such good quality. and another problem is, i don't know what exactly you have to make, is it that you make it in flash, so that you make a book, and that you have to press a button or turn the page to get to the next page? or that you post every page apart. because i don't really see it explained here.

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-17 08:37:54

At 1/17/09 05:58 AM, Breaktroll wrote: well, i'm wondering if i could join as an artist.. i'd like to. but there are some problems, like i don't really have an art program, (well, i have corel painter, but it lags.) so i can only use flash to draw, so i always have to take a pic of the drawing, and it doesn't really has such good quality. and another problem is, i don't know what exactly you have to make, is it that you make it in flash, so that you make a book, and that you have to press a button or turn the page to get to the next page? or that you post every page apart. because i don't really see it explained here.

I'm assuming the seperate teams compile everything in a .fla file or something.
That includes audio, text and images. We're at least going with a 'click 'next page' to continue' system and not seperate pages.
That's how I've interpreted anyway, anything else (design, style of writing, music, narration) is completely open, within NG standards that is.

I'm working very closely with the artist, musician and voicetalent to make something as grand as possible.

- The Run -- Cargo || The Run -- Drop - The Run is an episodic sci-fi story, click the image to go to the Main Page.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-17 08:44:42

can i be an artist? i would have to hand draw and then scan it up though...
but im a pretty good artist...for my age that is...
and no im not eight XD

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-17 09:30:00

At 1/17/09 08:44 AM, flashwarrior wrote: can i be an artist? i would have to hand draw and then scan it up though...
but im a pretty good artist...for my age that is...
and no im not eight XD

You're nine =P?

As far as I'm aware this is open for anyone, pick a story from the list that hasn't been taken, contact its author, work something out.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-17 09:32:05

At 1/16/09 09:18 PM, WritersBlock wrote: Take "The Firebird". It was written for this project and it's still waiting for an illustrator. :'(
Link on ReNaeNae's book list blog because I'm too lazy to link it myself right here...

OK

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-17 10:11:25

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-19 13:07:13

Damn you people, don't let me be the only one posting here D:!

- 16-1-2009: Right, instead of running after Bosa, I hooked up with viion. EPPPPIIIICCC shizzle fo nizzle ma gizzle.

- 17-1-2009: Work continues on the second draft, halfway-ish, should have it done within next week.
- 17-1-2009: Which turns out to be a very busy week, I've got a review to finish, a short script to write and a presentation about our schoolproject. Fortunately the schoolproject's finished otherwise I would've had it SUPER busy, instead of just busy xD
- 17-1-2009: Check my latest newspost if you're interested in doing voicework!!!

- 19-1-2009: Last stretch of school, all that remains now are two assessments. No homework though, so I can put more focus on this.
- 19-1-2009: I also have a cold and feel like shit.
- 19-1-2009: But I will persevere...

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-20 13:39:45

At 1/14/09 09:26 PM, Nae wrote:
Yeah, the due date is March 1st. Corky52 and I still need to 'hook up' and get the lists organized. Sorry about that! Until then, if there's a story you're interested in, you could try contacting the author.

I'll get everything organized here pretty soon. Probably this weekend sometime. I'll just talk to you over AIM to make sure that we are doing everything according to plan and everything. I've been busy with college and everything, but this weekend I should have a little bit of free time.

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-20 14:17:30

sucho truly is the shit!

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-20 18:45:03

At 1/20/09 02:17 PM, RNNR wrote: sucho truly is the shit!

wow, that is very nice!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-21 08:53:02

dam.... that is good...

im almost done on other collab, so im going to be up for grabs as an artist if a writer wants one!

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-22 11:56:20

Not my favourite colors scene, but yeah overall it's really good!

I'm gonna try to join this collab. Hopefully there's any story I'm interested in :)

Lemme drop some rhymes here/ Found this place it draws my tears/

Got look and great all around/ People call it the Newgrounds

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-24 12:17:20

another question, does everybody make a seperate flash? or will ReNaeNae collect the pics in the end? all these questions and some little answers. :c

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-25 01:25:52

im the artist for clouds by scribbler btw guys.

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-25 01:51:57

At 1/24/09 12:17 PM, Breaktroll wrote: another question, does everybody make a seperate flash? or will ReNaeNae collect the pics in the end? all these questions and some little answers. :c

Am I missing questions? sorry.

You need to connect with an author. They may have an idea of what illustrations they want ...you can work it out together ...or they may just tell you to go for it.

If you draw it traditionally and scan it in, that's fine... what ever works for you.

If you aren't familiar with flash, you can send everything to me ...or contact one of the flash helpers from the list, and we will put it together.

The idea is to have everyone involved get a co-author spot, so if that means individual movies (books), then that's what we'll do. If some are short and can be combines, we can do that too. There really isn't a set rule on it.

Does that explain it? Let me know if I didn't answer something, or need to be more specific!!

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-25 02:24:33

Urk, bad news. Microphone's gone bust. :\ Can't voiceact now.

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-25 03:19:31

At 1/25/09 02:00 AM, HarraH wrote:
PLEASE TELL ME what program you drew that on it's so cool!

all flash

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-25 05:21:03

Lookin' good so far guys/gals ;)

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-25 07:19:16

Does that explain it? Let me know if I didn't answer something, or need to be more specific!!

yes, i think that answers my question, so if i understand it right i make it into a flash movie, and we submit it? that's okay, i'm familiar with flash. thanks for answering.

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-25 11:21:36

What about for the voice acting? Will that need to be recorded as a whole, or recorded in parts (a seperate recording for each page of the story)?

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-28 14:10:26

- 29-01-2009: Well, that went well...
- 29-01-2009: Can someone slap me, like... really hard. Like... Oh-my-fucking-god-my-cheek's-going-to-be -red-for-the-next-two-weeks hard.
- 29-01-2009: Aaaauuuuggghhh

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-28 20:13:31

Ok... from what I've been able to figure out is that ALL of my stories are still on the table. Anyone out there interested?

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-31 14:46:53

- 31-01-2009: Script is just about finished, one page left.
- 31-01-2009; BELIEVE IT, BABY!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-01 16:50:48

Ok... One month until the deadline, I think, and I still don't have any artists interested in my stories. PLEASE let me know if you have any interest and I am willing to do what it takes lol. Also its gonna cut it close if you want an original story written just for you! So yeah... desperate pleas yadda yadda yadda etc.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-04 09:49:09

Is this project now a victim of the infamous 'I quite because along the way I lost interest'-syndrome?
We're still going though, have some catching up to do, some check-ups to give, though as I haven't heard anything from a few people I was supposed to work with.

Sound and a few voices... Though I did get a PM from someone who was interested in doing voicework...

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-04 11:19:33

At 2/4/09 09:49 AM, RNNR wrote: Is this project now a victim of the infamous 'I quite because along the way I lost interest'-syndrome?

I would also like to know if there is still interest in this project? Maybe some updates from people?

I still have 2 stories available...

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-04 18:43:59

At 2/4/09 11:19 AM, ForNoReason wrote: I would also like to know if there is still interest in this project? Maybe some updates from people?

I still have 2 stories available...

Dude, if you want them stories to be done, instead of letting the mountain climb you, climb the mountain ;)!

Reneaneeaaeeaaea... whatever it's spelled... are you still with us, oh great female collab organizer person?
We need the morale boost, and since you're captain of the fleet...

BBS Signature