00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted LucidShadowDreamer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Storybook Project [Collab?]

45,097 Views | 469 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2008-12-24 10:48:20

At 12/24/08 07:15 AM, RadioactiveRabies wrote: Concept art and possibly book cover. Hope this makes up for my little mistake before :P
"Ethereal"

looks really great!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2008-12-24 12:24:12

heres a good song

mmm... spam...

Gain cool points!

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2008-12-25 13:15:39

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope we all have a great day and come back in a few day safe and sound and ready to start kicking some butt on this collab! :)

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2008-12-25 14:20:21

At 12/25/08 01:15 PM, ForNoReason wrote: Merry Christmas everyone! I hope we all have a great day and come back in a few day safe and sound and ready to start kicking some butt on this collab! :)

What? Days? Hell no, im kicking ass with my new tablet i just got right now! Heres a way too small cropped wip, just to prove im working, but not revealing the entire product ;)

Btw thats some small pictures you ordered us to paint Renaenae, when i had to paint the stuff underneath the white linen, i couldent even zoom in further oO

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2008-12-26 11:55:41

...if you think the space is too small, maybe you need to re-think the art you're doing. Try a different angle, minimize the content, or split it up into two or more images. As the illustrator, it's your challenge to tell the author's story from a visual perspective. If it's something crucial to the plot, then find a way to make it apparent. Otherwise, what's the point of having illustrations at all. As Tim Gunn would say "Make it work, people." ;)

I'm gonna try to update the lists today, so if I miss any, let me know if your story should be moved to the 'taken' category. Thanks :P

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2008-12-26 18:24:03

Oh, I just remembered. I have a poem I can submit. It was selected for some anthology (a celebration of poets) for gr 10-12 last year. I'll put that on my page. Click here to read it.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2008-12-29 06:16:08

Eye candy to keep interest, we wouldent want this to end like the Metropolis Disaster collab.

Quality rape

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2008-12-29 11:53:37

Bleh...i wanna join cause i love collabs but i dont think im good enough *Sniffle

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2008-12-29 15:02:46

- 12-29-2008: "So RNNR, why the sudden lack of updates?" "... Err... laziness, but with good reason... holidays and shizzle, also got a DSLR camera."

- The Run -- Cargo || The Run -- Drop - The Run is an episodic sci-fi story, click the image to go to the Main Page.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2008-12-29 21:55:03

Whirlguy's started illustrating Little Chickadee's. It will be awesome.
But I have serious doubts that we'll finish by 25th Jan.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2008-12-30 08:34:16

At 12/29/08 09:55 PM, WritersBlock wrote: Whirlguy's started illustrating Little Chickadee's. It will be awesome.
But I have serious doubts that we'll finish by 25th Jan.

I think a push back of the due date was mentioned briefly, but I do not know what the final answer was.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2008-12-31 22:28:03

Happy new year everyone! Can't wait to see this project really take off in 09!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-03 04:41:03

bump

So, I'm doing the art for Fish in the Shoe and, since I'm too lazy to go through the whole thread, I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a book template or something, because I really don' t want to do framed drawing and I need some reference for the page size.

Also, how do we send the finished 'pages' to ReNaeNae afterwards? Do we send the .fla with with each page being a symbol or what?

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-04 00:47:32

At 1/3/09 04:41 AM, idiot-monarch wrote: So, I'm doing the art for Fish in the Shoe and, since I'm too lazy to go through the whole thread, I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a book template or something, because I really don' t want to do framed drawing and I need some reference for the page size.

Also, how do we send the finished 'pages' to ReNaeNae afterwards? Do we send the .fla with with each page being a symbol or what?

We don't actually have any completed templates yet :( If you want to make your own paper, you can! The pages (left and right) in the book I made are 295 x 396 (px). If you want the file (in its nonworking state) I can post it somewhere... pm me!

If you plan on sending stuff to me in flash, yes, please put each page in it's own movielcip (Page01, Page02, etc.). If you're making it in some other app. (photoshop), you can send it as a layered/unflattened file (one page per layer, common paper), or as individual jpgs (one per page).

With the holidays and all, I've sort of let this fall to the wayside, and I apologize!! If it looks like we're going to need more time, I'm okay with extending the deadline. Another option (think I may have mentioned it before), is to just submit as they get done (instead of everyone shooting for the same day). What do you guys think?

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-04 00:53:54

submitting when we get done might work for me and fitin, i've been busy as hell with school and holidays, on top of just being incredibly lazy. I still need to finish writing the story, and i know fitin hasn't gotten a chance to start playing around with that sketch i gave him cause of school to.

What's the deadline again? Just wondering if i think we'll make it or not

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-04 08:54:36

At 1/4/09 12:47 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: With the holidays and all, I've sort of let this fall to the wayside, and I apologize!! If it looks like we're going to need more time, I'm okay with extending the deadline. Another option (think I may have mentioned it before), is to just submit as they get done (instead of everyone shooting for the same day). What do you guys think?

I think scrapping the deadline entirely would be a bad thing. Sometimes deadlines are the only things that makes sure that the things that need to get done do indeed get done. I'd call for a deadline extension. I'm only aware of progress made by two illustrators for my stories. I'd like a casual due date to be set, so that the majority of us can get done in time, but as long as it's not rush rush rush rush, I'll be happy.
So far, it looks like two, maybe three of my stories will get done; Butcher of Krankhafte and the Delusion Duology parts 1 and 2. There may be someone else doing End of the Line, but really, I don't know. If those three get done, I'll be stoked, and if any latecomer would like to jump in, I wrote Firebird specifically for this project, so that would be nice (hint hint), and going off a 1 picture per stanza quota, you'd be looking at about 16 picures, as opposed to Delusion Duology 1, which whirlguy is looking at 42/43 pictures.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-04 10:41:29

Oh... fiddlesticks.

4-1-09: RNNR finally fucking finishes fhe fcript.

Also:

- The Run -- Cargo || The Run -- Drop - The Run is an episodic sci-fi story, click the image to go to the Main Page.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-05 03:12:47

I am a writer but i don't currently have a scanner so do i have to do the artwork for mine? pm me

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-05 10:42:54

At 1/5/09 03:12 AM, uvi517 wrote: I am a writer but i don't currently have a scanner so do i have to do the artwork for mine? pm me

no, post your story on your user page, then post a link to it here. I will add it to the list (sorry for slacking! I'll try to get that updated today sometime). Then, if an artist is interested, they will contact you.

As for deadlines, what do people think would work? I don't want to bump into Valentine's Day. March is empty... but is that too far?

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-05 16:15:08

At 1/5/09 10:42 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: no, post your story on your user page, then post a link to it here. I will add it to the list (sorry for slacking! I'll try to get that updated today sometime). Then, if an artist is interested, they will contact you.

As for deadlines, what do people think would work? I don't want to bump into Valentine's Day. March is empty... but is that too far?

Slacking? Pfft, I'm the one who has been slacking his ass off here! Gah, that's the reason I hate holidays!

March... hmm... Well, how far is everyone with their submissions? First draft of the script is done here, so the elements are in place with some revisions to be made so that it perfectly fits everything, that shouldn't take too long. However with the art, flashwork and sound to be done the 25th does seem awfully close...

March might be overdoing it, but it does allow more potential submissions. I've gathered someone's interested in my other story submission as well, so...
Can't say I like stressing out to meet a deadline, not with something as creative as this, so if March is the only option, I say go for it. Might give poor sucho more time too.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-05 17:36:47

Can't say I like stressing out to meet a deadline, not with something as creative as this, so if March is the only option, I say go for it. Might give poor sucho more time too.

pwease overlord Naenae, give poor sucho more time. @.@

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-06 09:02:57

I haven't posted here in forever, which I apologize for, but I don't think anyone is going to be up to doing the artwork for my stories. Probably because the stories that I did make up might be hard to make artwork for. So if nobody makes anything for my stories just scrap them that's completely fine. I won't be upset at all. I will still help this collab out in anyway possible so if there is anything that I can do just tell me.

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-06 13:42:22

This sounds like a great idea. I have my story half finished right now, so just to clarify, we post the story on our own page and place the link to it here right?

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-06 13:48:32

Oh I forgot to ask, when is the due date for this stuff? Either way I'll burn the mid night oil to get my story done. Actually there's another question right there! Do you still need more stories for this collab?

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-06 21:34:01

hey rae, im seriously interested in joining this, and i have a story already, how do you want me to send the whole thing?

the story is only about half a page long, not very long, but it should be good, do you want me to send the art in flash with each page one a different scene?

btw how do i send it to you at all?

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-06 21:51:05

At 1/5/09 05:36 PM, sucho wrote: pwease overlord Naenae, give poor sucho more time. @.@

You know I can't deny you anything when you flash those big round eyes at me! ;P lol

YES!!! we will happily accept more stories!!! Post them on YOUR user page, then post a link to it HERE. As for the due date... it's kind of up in the air, we could try for the end of Feb. I just don't want to bump into Valentine's Day. We'll see how things are at the end of this month!

CorkyFiddytuuu!! If you could help me with the story list, I'd love you forever!!! ;D lol

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-06 22:46:50

At 1/6/09 09:15 AM, Wasim wrote:
I am actually pretty interested in your story "The Hacker Who Stole Clock Day."
Woudl you mind if I can make the art for your story? If so that would be great.

Go ahead man. I see that you PM'd me and I answered you, but I don't think our hours are going to work for some reason. I usually don't get up that early. I just couldn't sleep. I'm never on until around 9 PM to a little after Midnight. Give me about a week and you might be able to catch me on MSN during the day sometime in between classes at college. Even though I rather use AIM. ;)

At 1/6/09 09:51 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
CorkyFiddytuuu!! If you could help me with the story list,

Sure, just as long as you tell me what you want done with it. Do you want it organized or something like that? Or whatever it is I will take a crack at it. Even though I'm not promising anything.

I'd love you forever!!! ;D lol

Ah shucks.

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-07 14:36:24

Hello all!

I am just writing to remind everyone that I still have stories looking for a home :). Also, and less whorey, I am in the process of writing a few more, so if anyone has any themes or ideas they think would be good for a story PM me and we can work on something.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-08 12:55:58

- 4-1-2009: Traditionally, RNNR fails to meet the deadline he imposed upon himself. Nevertheless, that son of a bitch has now finished the script/story/thingamajig. PENIS!

- 5-1-2009: Yes, that was a cockjoke... looks like RNNR's back in full force. I LOVE YOU ALL!
- 5-1-2009: Revising the script, on the prowl for voice actors.

- 6-1-2009: I have caught moar voice actors, discussing things nao.

- 7-1-2009: Revising the script is going a lot more smoothly than I had initially thought. Expanding and improving it, while at the same time slimming it down and putting more emphasis on the narrator.
- 7-1-2009: Captain, we have made contact with BritZombie.

- 8-1-2009: Holytomato is interested in voice acting. Goddammit I love Chicane.
- 8-1-2009: Wondering what the new deadline will be, does make up some room here...

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-01-08 23:16:37

K I've posted the link to my story on the appropriate page as requested.

While I was writing , I drew up a some rough sketches for the characters . Just concept stuff. Is it ok If add them to the post for my story or should I leave the whole visual part up the artists?