00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

titanmo01 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Storybook Project [Collab?]

45,058 Views | 469 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-09 13:23:18

Anybody who needs a voice actor for a story meant to make grown men shake in fear, contact me!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"-Mythbusters

This is without a doubt the coolest flash game ever.

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-09 18:26:29

Things have been going smoothly up until this point. I just got a message from my illustrator saying that he won't be able to get the scans to me for awhile because of the situation he's in so it's probably going to be awhile before the finished project is seen on the frontpage. If anyone wants to do sound effects or be a male voice actor for my story then you can contact me if you want, but you'll probably be on standy for a bit. I think I'm gonna wait until he can send me those scans because he offered to do them in the first place which started the story's progress.

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-09 18:45:12

While my own submission is on a break for now, I do feel the need to keep participating here.
My expertise is fiction (both regular stories and scripts), so if you need a hand with a story, some feedback, adapting it to the screen, I'll be happy to help.

Don't be afraid to PM, I don't bite... I might nibble and/or suck on digits though.

- The Run -- Cargo || The Run -- Drop - The Run is an episodic sci-fi story, click the image to go to the Main Page.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-09 19:43:32

At 5/9/09 06:45 PM, RNNR wrote: I might nibble and/or suck on digits though.

PM sent!

lawl! ;P

Appreciate the updates guys! :D

Don't forget to check the lists page! All of those people have volunteered to help out with various aspects and expect to be contacted, so just go for it!! ;)

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-09 20:51:50

Sent you a PM x33.

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-10 17:24:16

Been thinking about a series of dev blogs on this, provide a little insight on how things were tackled with our submission, divided into err... seperate categories.
I don't know, maybe it could help upstarting teams on their way? I've learned a lot the last few months and I think a lot of people can learn from that too.

Any need?

- The Run -- Cargo || The Run -- Drop - The Run is an episodic sci-fi story, click the image to go to the Main Page.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-11 04:53:24

At 5/10/09 05:24 PM, RNNR wrote: Been thinking about a series of dev blogs on this, provide a little insight on how things were tackled with our submission, divided into err... seperate categories.
I don't know, maybe it could help upstarting teams on their way? I've learned a lot the last few months and I think a lot of people can learn from that too.

Any need?

I think it could be helpfull, but put it in a userpage newspost. That way, all the "updates" are together, and poeple won't have to go through 10 pages of these comments to get a grasp of the actual development..

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-11 09:47:31

At 5/11/09 04:53 AM, J-qb wrote: I think it could be helpfull, but put it in a userpage newspost. That way, all the "updates" are together, and poeple won't have to go through 10 pages of these comments to get a grasp of the actual development..

Hence 'blogs' ;), I'll get to writing bits and pieces, mostly about the role of the writer and managing a creative team.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-11 10:30:29

At 5/11/09 09:47 AM, RNNR wrote:
At 5/11/09 04:53 AM, J-qb wrote: I think it could be helpfull, but put it in a userpage newspost. That way, all the "updates" are together, and poeple won't have to go through 10 pages of these comments to get a grasp of the actual development..
Hence 'blogs' ;), I'll get to writing bits and pieces, mostly about the role of the writer and managing a creative team.

Kewl, I wasn't sure if you were allready planning to do it like that, hence the comment.
I actually had this GREAT (at least imo) idea for a storie lying in bed yesterday. haven't got anything definitive down yet though.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-11 10:41:26

I just thought I would enlist as illustrator..

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-11 14:20:47

At 5/11/09 10:41 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: I just thought I would enlist as illustrator..

Welcome to the club :D

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-13 00:26:29

i have question, ugh....what should be the format of the submissions? i mean are we supposed to do what adam cook did? or can it also be animated and stuff? oddly enough i found an illustrator

Cool & Spicy

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-13 01:50:23

this has been delayed so much i might just do another story... lol

its all good, ima cook something up

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-13 02:13:26

At 5/13/09 12:26 AM, MistahMaxx wrote: i have question, ugh....what should be the format of the submissions? i mean are we supposed to do what adam cook did? or can it also be animated and stuff? oddly enough i found an illustrator

I don't think there is a set format, only ingredients you'll have to mix together ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-13 04:45:46

At 5/13/09 12:26 AM, MistahMaxx wrote: i have question, ugh....what should be the format of the submissions? i mean are we supposed to do what adam cook did? or can it also be animated and stuff? oddly enough i found an illustrator

I think the Idea behind this is to make a platform where you can meet poeple, so that you can make a great flash even if you're not that good at animating. I think it's entirely up to you how you execute it.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-15 18:09:17

At 5/13/09 04:45 AM, J-qb wrote: I think the Idea behind this is to make a platform where you can meet poeple, so that you can make a great flash even if you're not that good at animating. I think it's entirely up to you how you execute it.

My art skills for instance are not exactly up to snuff either :P
If you need anything, look for the first dev blog of a series covering the history of our submission, should be up... err... in the weekend, I think.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-16 09:54:37

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-16 13:50:05

Animal Heaven now has an illustrator! The wonderful and talented Lundsfryd will be working his magic in order to bring the story to life! I still need a few members for the team however! I am in the search for a coder for the flash and possible a voice actor! I was thinking about VAing the the story myself but want to give all the great voice actors on Newgrounds an opportunity to show me what they got! If you are interested in Voice Acting for this piece please PM me and we can go from there. This is also the case for the person who is interested in coding the flash itself. Contact me if interested.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-20 13:59:34

Ker-bump, how's it hanging here?

Started on the second dev blog covering writing and other things. Well, at the moment it's more about other things than writing hahaha.
It should be done by the weekend so stay tuned!

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-20 19:38:17

Deadly Ever After is in need of voice actors and an illustrator. PM me for info.

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-23 16:52:29

Insight: Storybook Dev Blog 2

This entry's about.. a lot of things, it's a long read but I elaborate about writing, team and other things.

Enjoy!

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-28 17:03:56

28-05-2009: It's time again...

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-28 19:10:52

Time for what?

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-05-29 03:48:38

At 5/28/09 07:10 PM, Lizardman974 wrote: Time for what?

Time to continue production on our submission :)

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-06-07 00:49:57

lol wow i am SUUUUUUUUUPER late for tis thing. I was gonna write i story but when i found the post i didnt have time to read the whole thing. I saved it as i tab and forgot until now. if u do this again i'm definetly down for it.

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-06-07 08:30:50

At 6/7/09 12:49 AM, methodmatt05 wrote: lol wow i am SUUUUUUUUUPER late for tis thing. I was gonna write i story but when i found the post i didnt have time to read the whole thing. I saved it as i tab and forgot until now. if u do this again i'm definetly down for it.

It has been changed in an ongoing project.
So be sure to wirte that story!

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-06-07 15:02:20

At 6/7/09 08:30 AM, J-qb wrote: It has been changed in an ongoing project.
So be sure to wirte that story!

Much like our project...

06-07-09: We're back to work, fo real now.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-06-10 22:05:24

Can you please add my story to the "In need of an illustrator" list? I've gotten every voice actor I need.

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-06-11 19:05:05

Oops. Just realized that that's the default list.

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-06-13 11:51:48

Animal Heaven is going very well. A few of the pages have been illustrated and I think the music and VA will be good to go very soon. Very excited and hopefully everything will come together over the summer!

II II lI

BBS Signature